Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Default Please rate my emerald team of normal-type poke'mon!

Please rate my team of Normal-Type Poke'mon. Please do not tell me I will "get destroyed by Fighting-Type Poke'mon ". The ones I have will have a Y, the ones I do not have will have an N, and the ones I have in another game waiting to be traded to another game will have an A on them. All will be at lv. 70. Some moves are not all there yet and items, too.

Miltank [ Bessie ] Impish..Silk Scarf..Female..Y..Thick Fat
Return
Milk Drink
Substitute
Focus Punch

Snorlax [ Pudgeworth ] Jolly..Silk Scarf..Male..Y..Thick Fat
Return
Covet
Rest
Sleep Talk

Blissey [ Victoria ] Relaxed..Nevermeltice..Female..Y..Natural Cure
Ice Beam
Softboiled
Attract
Light Screen

Togetic [ Jubilee ] Bold..Hard Stone..Male..Y..Serene Grace
Fly
Softboiled
Flamethrower
Ancientpower

Granbull [ Nanna ] Timid..Blackglasses..Female..Y..Intimidate
Crunch
Flamethrower
Attract
Thunderbolt

Porygon2 [ Professor ] Timid..Silk Scarf..Genderless..Y..Trace
Psychic
Tri Attack
Recover
Conversion2

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Brit134444; 07-18-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Please rate my emerald team of normal-type poke'mon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit134444 View Post
Please rate my team of Normal-Type Poke'mon. Please do not tell me I will "get destroyed by Fighting-Type Poke'mon ". The ones I have will have a Y, the ones I do not have will have an N, and the ones I have in another game waiting to be traded to another game will have an A on them. All will be at lv. 70. Some moves are not all there yet and items, too.

Miltank [ Bessie ] Impish..lefotvers..Female..Y
Return
Milk Drink
substitute
focus punch

what were you doing with a special move on miltank? its special attack is pitiful compared to its attack stat. go with sub-punch to make use of its stats.

Snorlax [ Pudgeworth ] adamant..choice band..Male..A
return
earthquake
focus punch/brick break
shadow ball/selfdestruct

no no NO

snorlax's attack is monstrous. dont even bother with its special attack. or speed for that matter. just go with a choice band to make use of his destructive capabilities!

Blissey [ Victoria ] BOLD..leftovers..Female..A
ability: natural cure
aromatherapy/ refresh
Softboiled
ice beam/flamethrower/thunderbolt
thunder wave/seismic toss

... apologies for being so blunt, but that was a pathetic blissey set. and why the heck was EGG BOMB on there??

blissey is a WALL. and NOTHING BUT.

you know what blissey's base stats are?
hp: 255
special defense: 135.
attack?

TEN.

Togetic [ Jubilee ] modest....Male..A
ability: serene grace
thunderbolt
ice beam

Flamethrower
metronome

if anything, togetic is a special sweeper. use this and serene grace to double your chances of status coming into play. metronome is there because i ran out if ideas.

Persian [ Classy ] adamant..Silk Scarf..Male..Y
Slash
Taunt
iron tail?
swagger

i have no idea what to do when it comes to persian. i dont really like it.

go with tauros instead:
FROM SMOGON.COM:

item: Choice Band Jolly / Adamant
Moveset
~ Return / Double-Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Hidden Power Ghost
~ Sleep Talk / Iron Tail
"Pretty much your standard Choice Bander. Return is its main and most powerful attack, able to OHKO Pokémon with low Defense. Earthquake is a powerful attack for most Rock / Steel Pokémon. Hidden Power Ghost helps take care of pesky Ghost-types and Sleep Talk makes it a viable switch into Milotic Hypnosis and the like. If you already have a Sleep absorber or an Aromatherapist, Iron Tail is useful for an Aerodactyl KO or if you are torn between Return and Earthquake (i.e. if Salamence was out on low health and you know they have Tyranitar to take a Return, you could Iron Tail to cover both)."

Mixed Attacker
item: Leftovers nature: Adamant
Moveset
~ Return
~ Earthquake
~ Substitute
~ Flamethrower

dont even try and use delcatty. go with exploud.
TAKEN FOM SMOGON.COM:

"The only reason one would ever want to use Exploud on a team is to take advantage of Soundproof. Soundproof will block Roar, which is a move used commonly to stop Baton Pass chains. So for Exploud to be useful, it needs to be on the receiving end of Baton Pass, being sent when the opponent will try to stop Baton Pass by Roaring you out.

Exploud benefits from Speed and Attack boosts and for this reason works great with Ninjask or with Smeargle, which is mainly what it should be used with or not used at all.

This EV spread gives it the ability to have 101 HP Substitutes, and makes it fast enough to outspeed a Dragon Dancer Salamence with one Dragon Dance that is set to be a little faster than Jolteon. But it can be worked around differently I suppose, this is just what I personally use on it..."

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you want my personal opinion, i think your previous team would have been destroyed. not because of the fighting weakness, no- its because you dont have a grasp of effective movesets, natures, items and synergy.

i dont think you know what EVs are, either, since you didnt even mention them.

youll notice that any team you make will be more effective once you take the above facts into consideration. pe2k has lots of guides for you to use, so go look around a bit then come back and update your team (use the 'edit' button at the bottom right of your post).

ill give a second evaluation then.

Platinum FC: 2750 9224 1685
*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Im giving up on pe2k. moving on to smogon. maybe back later, not likely.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Sorry, but I forgot to tell you about two big battles that are coming up against a Bug-Type Trainer and a Dragon-Type Trainer. So I put Attract on my girls because all of my friend`s Poke'mon are boys....so it will give an advantage and I put Flamethrower in there alot because two of the Bug -Type Poke'mon are Dual-Steel Type [ Forretress and Scizor ]. So it is a pretty decent team against those two Types....and right now my team dominates the Battle Frontier but thanks for the reply.[P.s., I HATE COICE BAND! If I go against a Rock, or Steel-Type....I will die! ] I also DO know about EVs....and have been playing Poke'mon for YEARS!

Last edited by Brit134444; 07-12-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Sorry, but I forgot to tell you about two big battles that are coming up against a Bug-Type Trainer and a Dragon-Type Trainer. So I put Attract on my girls because all of my friend`s Poke'mon are boys....so it will give an advantage

thats still only 50%. thunder wave is better cuz it works on EVERYONE (barring ground types) AND it cuts their speed, too.

and I put Flamethrower in there alot because two of the Bug -Type Poke'mon are Dual-Steel Type [ Forretress and Scizor ].

it doesnt matter if some of your guys have fire type moves, theyre near useless if their special attack isnt high. itll be like having a pikachu use a super effective mud-slap against a steelix. only maybe 20 damage.

So it is a pretty decent team against those two Types...

i beg to differ, as previously mentioned.

and right now my team dominates the Battle Frontier but thanks for the reply.

really? im shocked. honestly, i am.

[P.s., I HATE COICE BAND! If I go against a Rock, or Steel-Type....I will die! ]

...hence why i put earthquake on the choice banders... the massive attack power is BOOSTED and its SUPER EFFECTIVE. besides, even if you dont want to keep that guy in there, switch it out to get a new choice next time they come in.

and didnt you just say that your two next battles were against bug and dragon type trainers? i dont know of any rock/dragon or steel/dragon types in 3rd gen, or many rock/bug types (except maybe shuckle) who would give tauros or snorlax trouble.

I also DO know about EVs....

so why havent you mentioned them? its better to make a new team with better natures and EVs than it is to go with a rag-tag group of weak misfits who cant deal a hit to save their life. no offense to miltank of course.

and have been playing Poke'mon for YEARS!

me too, its a great series.

according to your PM, you had edited your team. i came here expecting an improved team with battle strategy incorporated into every member. what i saw instead was little to no changes, except for more defense coming from you for the team you already had.

im not sure if you have an emotional attachment to any pokemon (i know i do to some, like milotic and lanturn) but if you want to win battles, thats not the way to go. you need to think about your team and create a strategy to make their chances of winning rise. maybe youre a bit lazy and dont want to? i know exactly how that feels. i always put off EV training and nature breeding for as long as i can, but i never deny that i do have to do it eventually. thats why i managed to beat my real-life rival. it wasnt an easy fight; it came down to my torterra's very last hit point (im not exaggerating)- see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arXqigCIQOk
im the opponent, its my friends point of view.

but i managed to come through, as you can see.

im not going to apologise for anything, as im not attempting to be mean or insutling. all i have said is the truth from what i have learned over the years. and now one final piece of truth for you:

if you are going into your battles with the team you currently have written here,
you
will
be
destroyed.

im not forcing you to take my advice, but it would dramatically help you, i guarantee it.

if you do choose to take my advice, then please go fix your team. i didnt put this here just so you could shoot it down without consideration.

rating out of ten:

Four.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Post Re: Please rate my emerald team of normal-type poke'mon!

Well, I think the Miltank Moveset is good, but I AM NOT LAZY.Please do not say that you are " shocked " because I do very well in the Battle Frontier. I will change it a little bit....but most are good and are strong. Emotional attachment to Poke'mon is not bad because the ones I picked are strong.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 AM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Well, I think the Miltank Moveset is good, but I AM NOT LAZY.

it was just an option, i know i am.

Please do not say that you are " shocked " because I do very well in the Battle Frontier.

im not "shocked"; im shocked. from my experience, there is a very slim chance that you could do so well with that team at the battle frontier in emerald, considering the riding difficulty with each level. i have an EVd team with much more diversity than yours and i lose to frontier brains almost every other time.

I will change it a little bit....but most are good and are strong. Emotional attachment to Poke'mon is not bad because the ones I picked are strong.

snorlax and blissey are good, ill admit.
ill say this: for a normal type team you did ok, alright? but dont expect to get too much farther without changes.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 07-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Post Re: Please rate my emerald team of normal-type poke'mon!

Well, I emphasize HP, so Miltank, Blissey, and Snorlax are great. I forgot to mention that the Dragon-Trainer uses Aerodactyl and Tyranitar...and the Bug-Type Trainer uses Scizor and Forretress. I was just quoting you when I said " shocked ". Thank you for the advice.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Well, I emphasize HP, so Miltank, Blissey, and Snorlax are great. I forgot to mention that the Dragon-Trainer uses Aerodactyl and Tyranitar...and the Bug-Type Trainer uses Scizor and Forretress. I was just quoting you when I said " shocked ". Thank you for the advice.
ah i see.

alright, well let me know how the battle goes.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Talking Re: Please rate my emerald team of normal-type poke'mon!

Thank you, I think you have great advice and I will probably change my team, most likely Miltank to your Moveset....thank you.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

ALL MY POKE'MON HAVE CHANGED!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:40 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Much better overall, id say you stand a much stronger chance against other people.

maybe give porygon-2 ice beam or thunderbolt instead of conversion 2, since it can put both those moves to good use.

and give snorlax earthquake over covet. you dont need 2 STAB moves, and return is the stronger one of the two.

other than that, looks better to me.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 07-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Yes, I see your absolute point, Porygon2, yes, Ice Beam would be better for it [ almost all of my Poke'mon can learn it and have ] but Conversion2 is it`s signature Move and is pretty good if ever I meet a Fighting-Type. Earthquake is good for Snorlax and I have 4 Returns but I just traded it to my Emerald so I am going to stick to Body Slam until it gets more Happiness. But I cannot seem to get ahold of TM Earthquake so that is bad news because I think I used it up but I will get it if I can. Just a thought, do you like Tri Attack on Porygon2 or should I change that?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:32 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Yes, I see your absolute point, Porygon2, yes, Ice Beam would be better for it [ almost all of my Poke'mon can learn it and have ] but Conversion2 is it`s signature Move and is pretty good if ever I meet a Fighting-Type.

true, although for conversion2 to take effect you have to get hit by an attack first, and even though porygon2 has respectable defenses, i wouldnt count on it. if you want to keep it, though, thats fine, its a nice little gimmick.

Earthquake is good for Snorlax and I have 4 Returns but I just traded it to my Emerald so I am going to stick to Body Slam until it gets more Happiness.

ok, good to me. just get rid of covet, whatever you do. it rarely helps in battles.

But I cannot seem to get ahold of TM Earthquake so that is bad news because I think I used it up but I will get it if I can.

aah, yeah, i went through that. got a friend of mine to trade it to me. and then i forgot to clone it in emerald, so i had to replay my fire red.

Just a thought, do you like Tri Attack on Porygon2 or should I change that?

oh no no no keep tri attack! its a fantastic STAB move for porygon2, plus the chance of burn, par or freeze is excellent!
answers and comments posted above.

*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Old 07-19-2009, 03:24 AM
Lurking Shadow Offline
Experienced Trainer

What do you mean by "doing well in the Battle Frontier?" As in, medals? Win streaks? Etc.

Anyway, SuperErinMan's pretty much got you covered...

He did quote Smogon - I want to emphasize using it as a resource. It's amazing.

Given your current team, I say that on your Blissey, swap Nevermeltice for Leftovers. Sure, it gets a slight boost to Ice Beam. A 10% boost. So BP of Ice Beam goes up from 95 to ~105. That's not much and unreliable, unlike leftovers, which gives a reliable source of healing.

Granbull's set is terrible. Her base attack stat is twice that of her base sp. attack. In other words, use physical, not special moves. Possible sets are here.

Oh, and Tri Attack on P2 doesn't seem too wise of a choice to me. P2's special attack is higher than its physical (normal is physical in gen. 3). Take a gander at http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/porygon2 , too lazy to look at things myself.

Edit: Though yeah, an annoying thing about TM's is that, well, they can get used up. At least TM moves are passed down via breeding, if you want to go that far. XD

Click picture for personality survey, from "The Cave of Dragonflies."

Last edited by Lurking Shadow; 07-19-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Brit134444 Offline
Master Trainer

Yes, but I do like Tri Attack.