Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG for violance) [Chapter Eight added]

Oooo! This will be fun! I'll P.M. you my ideas. ^^

What I do to recolor Pokemon is this: use the simple Paint program on your computer (if its a PC). Then you can find a sprite of the Pokemon you would like here on pe2k. Using the bucket tool, just fill in the old colors with your new ones.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

Sweetness!! I'll keep an eye out for messages then!! And thnx for the Paint tip, i'll try that out!! I have Paint, so that should work well for me!! ^^
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Chapter Nine: The Cliff of Will

Thud!

Thud!

Thud!

With each blow that came, the Rangers tried their best to hold back the door. They were piled up against it, bracing their shoulders against the shuddering wood. Each one knew it was hopeless; there was just no way they could hold it off for long. But each one wouldn’t go down without a fight.

One young face looked around the building that was once a library, hoping his leaders were coming up with a plan of some sort. It was dark within, but he cold faintly pick out the form of five individuals huddled together at the far wall.

“We can’t hold on!” he shouted at them. “We have to do something now!”

As if to accentuate his point, the door shuddered again.

The group didn’t answer, knowing full well that there was nothing else they could do. All was hopeless and they had come to accept this. Their younger Rangers, however, were not.

“NOW!” the boy Ranger exclaimed, growing frustrated.

“There is nothing, Weston,” One of the five, a woman, snapped back. “Don’t you see it? We’re trapped!”

“No,” denied a girl Ranger who stood by Weston’s side. “Don’t say that! We can think of something.”

“Like what?” the woman exasperated. Without waiting for a response, she separated herself from the group to hide in the shadow of a dusty shelf.

The door suddenly lurched, knocking several Rangers off their feet. A sharp purple horn protruded from a new hole, and outside one could hear a fierce roar.

“N-nidoking?” Weston gaped at the horn that was only inches from his face.

The horn slowly retracted, then was followed by another attack. Shakily, the Rangers continued to brace the door, only now these stout young hearts began to realize the hopelessness of their battle. They had no Pokémon to help them. Their stylers strangely become defective before the battle. Before they could do anything about it, half of the town had been conquered.

“Weston,” the girl whispered to him in a faltering voice.

“Yes, Emma?” he replied, wincing as the door shuddered again.

“What’s going to happen to us?”

“I . . . don’t know,” he admitted, and then the door flew open.

Aislyn started from her saddle, having dozed off moments before. Dewy had strayed a little from their small path, but she quickly righted him. Her companions didn’t seem to notice; Troy and Gunuru was in the lead while Frostpaw trotted behind her. Each seemed to be lost in their own thoughts. A few good hours had passed since she had left her home, but under the cover of the trees it was hard to tell what time of day it was. Yawning, she stretched and looked around. The trunks of the cottonwoods were covered in thick, bushy vines that made it seem like the trees were wearing green skirts. Birdsong echoed between their numbers, along with the cries of various Pokémon. Now and again a Rattata or Sentret would scurry across the undergrowth near them, paying little attention to the travelers.

It was not long before Aislyn saw that the trees began to thin and more grass filled in between their gaps. Soon the forest opened out to a small grassy meadow that looked out upon a vast blue ocean. The shore here rose in a rocky cliff that seemed almost vertical. As far as Aislyn could see, there was no way to climb down to the gritty beach below. Yet she was content to gaze out at the massive water, to smell the salty spray, and to hear the crash of the waves.

“We have made good time today,” Troy announced, dismounting his Doduo. “We should make it to Kanto by tomorrow night. For right now, we shall take a quick break.”

“Ugh, finally!” Thyme collapse on a moss-covered rock, over exaggerating. “I haven’t traveled this much since Palkia and Dialga started a feud! Phew!”

“Then it’s about time you got up and about,” Gunuru chuckled as he dismounted. Aislyn smiled as the Celebi made a face, then proceeded to dismount as well. Her legs felt stiff and sore from riding all day, and she regretted that she hadn’t been on such a ride for a long time. Well, there would be time to grow more use to it, she sighed, but it would be painful.

As Gunuru started preparing a late lunch, Aislyn left their temporary camp to look out over the cliff. It had been a long time since she had seen the ocean, yet from this point it seemed so much different from her distant memories. Here it was larger, harsher, and all the more beautiful.

“These are called the Cliffs of Will,” a voice interrupted her thoughts; a telepathic voice. She turned to see Troy gazing out at the sea as well.

“Its beautiful,” she quietly commented as a moist breeze blew her white-blond hair across her face.

Troy nodded in agreement, but then he ventured to ask, “What do you think?”

“Of what?” asked she, looking confused.

“On the first day I met you, you said that you’ve always wanted travel around the world and see new things. It seems to me that you’re having that chance now.”

“Oh yeah,” she understood as she recalled that day. It had seemed to have happened so long ago, though it couldn’t have been more than a few days. She stopped and pondered over Troy‘s question, but answered, “I’m not sure what to think right now. Its strange to say that I’m going to travel around the world to find these artifact things. Maybe it just hasn’t sunk it yet, since I’m still close to home. Yet, I am both scared and thrilled to be on this quest! I just never thought that I‘d get to have an adventure.”

Troy nodded and then looked back to the sea. Suddenly, he sighed, to Aislyn‘s bafflement. “I only wish that this mission was not so perilous. Things might seem pleasant now, but it will get ugly from here. We still have to pass through the Gates of Kanto, which is a rugged range of mountains that protect the region’s northern borders. It’d be easier taking the road, but I dare not disobey Lady Silver’s orders. Then there’s still the threat of Darkrai’s hunters and his many spies.”

Aislyn frowned and looked away, wondering why Troy was acting so pessimistic. It wasn’t like him at all, unless this was what Troy really was like. No, there had to be something else that was bothering him. But what could that be? What could worry a Knight? If anything, Darkrai should be afraid.

As if reading her thoughts, the Gallade began apologizing. “I am sorry, Aislyn. I should not be that way. This should be a special time for you. After all, you’re living your dream. Why darken it with storms of worry? The important thing is what is happening presently. Come, let us eat some lunch.”

For a moment, he seemed to become his old self. Yet the moment was fleeting. As he turned back around, the newer him fell upon him like a shadow. Aislyn stole one last glance at the sea before following the Gallade back to their lunch.

The company continued to hike on under the cover of the cottonwoods as the daylight began to fade. Occasionally they would catch glimpses of the ocean dancing in the light of the descending sun. Troy, however, didn‘t dare linger in open spaces for too long. He didn’t want to catch the attention of unfriendly eyes. Aislyn’s other companions were just as wary, though she hadn’t seen or heard anything of their pursuers. In her heart she began to wonder if they really were being chased. Weren’t they just being overcautious? They had probably given them the slip, hadn’t they?

Yet as the night crept closer, the Knights grew more and more alert. Aislyn watched as they would jump at the slightest noises or stare at the woods with unease. Even Gunuru looked overly solemn, to her surprise. Troy was constantly turning around in the saddle to look behind them, his face like a stone. But every sound had a trivial answer, like a tiny animal or Pokémon scurrying around in the undergrowth.

Thyme was just as quiet as they were. Before it had grown dark, the Celebi chatted animatedly about comical moments he had or some eye-opening wonders he’d seen. Now he shivered in the saddle, his face pale and eyes wide.

Before long Troy stopped his Doduo at a small clearing and announced, “We will rest here for the night.”

Gladly, Aislyn and Gunuru dismounted their birds and the crew set about setting up their camp. Troy went to start a fire while their Medicham friend set out bed-rolls and dinner. Frostpaw set about clearing their little meadow of debris and leveling it out for their comfort. Aislyn was surprised at their sufficiency. Without exchanging a word, her companions worked harmoniously like a well-oiled machine. It was if they shared a mind, but with three bodies. She stood off on the side-lines, wanting to help in some way. Clearing her throat, she volunteered to gather some wood for the fire.

“Don‘t worry,” Troy shook his head as he gathered tinder together. “We’ll get to it.”

“But I want to help,” she pressed, not wanting to be put out.

“It is most kind of you to ask,” he argued, though with chivalry, “and it is greatly appreciated. But it is unacceptable for a young girl to be wandering around the forest alone. Therefore I ask that you not worry about it.”

“I can take care of myself. It’s not like I’m helpless or something.”

“Please, Aislyn,” the Gallade sighed, striking a flint. “It would be safer if someone went with you.”

“I’ll take Thyme, then,” the teen glanced over to the Celebi, who was standing by innocently.

“Yeah, I’ll go with her,” Thyme smiled, having only heard the last statement of the conversation.

Troy looked between them, then sighed. Aislyn could be hard-headed, and he had learned that she couldn’t be swayed in an argument. “Very well,” he agreed, though he didn’t sound all convinced.

“Great,” Thyme spun around in a small circle, then turned to Aislyn. “Where are we going?”

“Just follow me,” she laughed, grabbing his small papery hand.

(End of Chapter)

Last edited by Charmander009; 11-21-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Shion pointed it out
Old 08-11-2009, 12:31 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka
Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG for violance) [Chapter Nine added]

Great Chapter Charmander!!! The beginning was very suspenseful. I hope those Rangers will be okay.... And I hope Aislyn and the others don't run into Darkrai's Houndoom.... I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter. And once again THANK YOU SO MUCH for the sprites!! I just can't thank you enough it seems. XD If you don't mind, I'd like you to do a few more. I'm adding more Pokemon to their teams, so i need four more done. Here they are:

For Shion:
1- Nitro(Typhlosion; M; i was thinking maybe green/gold with green or gold flames??? if you think of something better go right ahead, just an idea XDD)
2- Fiore (Roserade;M)

And for Lein:
1- Azara (Typhlosion; F)
2- Lagina (Roserade; F)
Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Thanks, Shion! I'm rather excited for the next chapter. Aislyn's going to ~spoiler blocked~ XDD

No problemo, mi amigo. It was great fun! I'll gladly get to work on those right away. Green flames would be cool : D
Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Awesome!!! Thanks a bunch!!! ^^ Yes, green flames would be awesome!!

I just love Thyme!! He's so cute!! And Frostpaw's interesting too. Skullburn kinda creeps me out, but he seems pretty cool. And BTW, you put 'Eight' where it should say 'Nine' for the new chapter XDDD Wow, I can't believe I pointed out a mistake myself. I don't really do that XDD
Old 08-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

XDDD I knew I was going to mess up like that somewhere. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm prone to doing something silly like that.

I'm glad you like Thyme. He origninally wasn't going to be in the quest, but as the plot continued (and still continues) to grow I realized he needed to be in there (both of for a plot twist and comedy relief). Though I have the plot all planned out, when I begin to type it up somthings just kind of pop in. My next chapter is one of those moments.

Frostpaw at the moment doesn't have a lot to do with the story, but she's going to be important to the party.

I seem to have acclompished my goal with Skullburn (bwah ha ha)
Old 08-12-2009, 03:27 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

No probs, glad to help!! That happens to me once in a while too. XDD

Yay for plot twits!!! I can't wait to see what it is!!!

And yes, you accomplished your goal with Skullburn apparently. He's pretty cool for a villain. XDD
Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

So . . . I went and got a temporary job on you guys. Sorry ^^' It should only be for three weeks, but that will mean that I'll have less time for editing and writing. I'll try to post the next chapter here soon. I just got to edit/proofread, then maybe sometime this week. Anywho, I hope this plot twist doesn't take away from the suspense I've been building up . . .
Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

No worries Charmander, I just started going back to work this week, and I know how time consuming it can be.... x.x Plus I'll be starting college next year as well, so I'll be super busy.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

*comes back really sore from picking corn all day*

Thanks, Shion. Hey, I got to go to college next year too. I'm going in January sometime.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Sweet, so will I!! ^^ I still have to take the placement test, get my FAFSA done, and register for classes once I pass the test. I'll have my schedule by Dec. 10 I THINK, and the first day of classes is Jan. 8th, which, ironically enough, is ALSO the day I go back to work from my winter breaks.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShionRasenka View Post
Sweet, so will I!! ^^ I still have to take the placement test, get my FAFSA done, and register for classes once I pass the test. I'll have my schedule by Dec. 10 I THINK, and the first day of classes is Jan. 8th, which, ironically enough, is ALSO the day I go back to work from my winter breaks.
Oh dear, the same day? I don't know if I have to take any tests, but I still have to fill out a FASA. I hate money . . .

Good luck on your tests, though!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:57 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Okay, I've made it to Chapter 6. It's great so far, this story is so cool. ^^ And I LUV Troy! *huggles*

You'll get used to that reaction. =^-^'=

His character is awesome! Gallant and cool. My favorite kind!
Really, all your characters are well thought out so far. They all have individual personalities which is always a good thing. ^^
The changes from peaceful to a more intense sitch are really good too. Changing the mood of a situation is something I have to work on. I have to play around and make a lot of changes for it to work. ^^'

The story is really catching too. Which is why I started reading and went all the way to chapter 6. XD
As much as I hate to see Darkrai used as a bad guy again- I don't really think of him as a "bad guy"- I have to admit, once again, he really works for the character.

Okay, now for the bad news. You're in need of some editing. ^^' Not to worry though, everyone does and I'm an awesome typo killer! XD
Since I'm catching up to the ninth chapter though, I'm not gonna post em here. If you'd like, I could send a pm for ya. ^^

Last edited by k_pop; 08-20-2009 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Oh dear, the same day? I don't know if I have to take any tests, but I still have to fill out a FASA. I hate money . . .

Good luck on your tests, though!
Yes, money issues are evil..... The Financial Aid lady that's helping me and my mom said to just put $0 wherever it asks about money, because she says it's really none of their business to know how much money you have, and truthfully, I agree. I'm not gonna tell strangers how much me and my parents make. And luckily, I'll be going to a college right in my town, so I don't have to worry about dorms or anything else out-of-state people do.

And thanks, good luck to you too if you need to take tests as well!! ^^