Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Whatever At Rotom's - Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Why not Mafia? I mean, wasn't it a game?
Mafia was held on AIM - it didn't have a thread in the Trivia/Games section.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Mafia was held on AIM - it didn't have a thread in the Trivia/Games section.
Well, it should have. There would have been no timezone problem. Besides, not everyone here has AIM. I've seen one such game there before while randomly checking out old threads, so why couldn't it be the same for this year?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Oxygen Send a message via MSN to Oxygen

Quote:
Well, it should have. There would have been no timezone problem. Besides, not everyone here has AIM. I've seen one such game there before while randomly checking out old threads, so why couldn't it be the same for this year?
Although I would like it to be on the forum, it has to be held on AIM. The forum Mafia would have way to many people, and it would take much longer for everyone to get killed.

Maybe for next year, if you put it on AIM, do another timezone? It's unfair to the people who can't make it to always miss out.

...Once known as Politoed...
Shoddy: Oxygenocide (Mod)

Looking for someone with experience with Forums - PM me, or send me a message in AIM.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politoed View Post
Although I would like it to be on the forum, it has to be held on AIM. The forum Mafia would have way to many people, and it would take much longer for everyone to get killed.

Maybe for next year, if you put it on AIM, do another timezone? It's unfair to the people who can't make it to always miss out.
Move to a better timezone.

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 08-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politoed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
Move to a better timezone.
Look, there's no best timezone that is suitable for all of us. The forum Mafia solves the timezone problem, but it takes a longer time, right? Simply start the game from week 1. And an extra week or two of WAR won't really kill... right? Make those who aren't active in each part of the round they are supposed to be active in die of mysterious causes. (Where, if there are too many people, can trim off the excess.) Finally, have each day round to be 2 or 3 days long, instead of 3 or 4. Most of those who can make it to day rounds that are 3 or 4 days long would still be able to make it to day rounds that are 2 or 3 days long.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
Look, there's no best timezone that is suitable for all of us. The forum Mafia solves the timezone problem, but it takes a longer time, right? Simply start the game from week 1. And an extra week or two of WAR won't really kill... right? Make those who aren't active in each part of the round they are supposed to be active in die of mysterious causes. (Where, if there are too many people, can trim off the excess.) Finally, have each day round to be 2 or 3 days long, instead of 3 or 4. Most of those who can make it to day rounds that are 3 or 4 days long would still be able to make it to day rounds that are 2 or 3 days long.
Yea but that only makes one game of Mafia.

I'm guessing they won't change it.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:38 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Uh guys? If it's a matter of timezone, why couldn't there be two Mafia events?
Have a person run a game, then twelve hours later (give or take) someone else can run the second game. And no one can play in both games, they can pick whichever fits their time better.

Just a thought. I haven't actually played Mafia.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitania View Post
Yea but that only makes one game of Mafia.

I'm guessing they won't change it.
Exactly which they had this WAR, right? Or have 2 games run concurrently, where people can join both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Uh guys? If it's a matter of timezone, why couldn't there be two Mafia events?
Have a person run a game, then twelve hours later (give or take) someone else can run the second game. And no one can play in both games, they can pick whichever fits their time better.

Just a thought. I haven't actually played Mafia.
That'd make much smaller and less interesting games... :( Ah well.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
It actually doesn't solve the time zone problem. As far as I can tell from running 2 forum mafias beforehand, forum mafia has the problem of inactivity against it instead. Nobody posts in forum mafia partly because of the time zone problem as well as the fact that people don't really act when it's not immediate. It's not to say that it doesn't work with forum mafia, it's just that it doesn't inherently solve the problems that cropped up in the first place.

I also find that people tend to be more confused in the forum mafia than AIM mafia. I have no idea why.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
It actually doesn't solve the time zone problem. As far as I can tell from running 2 forum mafias beforehand, forum mafia has the problem of inactivity against it instead. Nobody posts in forum mafia partly because of the time zone problem as well as the fact that people don't really act when it's not immediate. It's not to say that it doesn't work with forum mafia, it's just that it doesn't inherently solve the problems that cropped up in the first place.
No, if it's spread over 48 consecutive hours it covers the entire time zone twice, so I don't think it doesn't solve the time zone problem. How about we kill off anyone inactive. :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
I also find that people tend to be more confused in the forum mafia than AIM mafia. I have no idea why.
Because it's harder to read everything in one shot? I mean, stuff spread over many posts, many pages, and it can all be read at one go on AIM... I think. I haven't used it before.