Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: The Canalave Library: Historian's Corner

I wasn't too worried ^^

I'd like to read this. I was kind of wondering, though, that maybe you shouldn't quite cover all of those Legendaries. Gravity had something planned for Heatran. Also, you should leave some room for other writers to make stories about single Legendaries. I can see this evolving down into several stories, kind of like what Lunar Latius, Dragoness, and myself are doing with the Starters. It started with Arceus, Mew, Unknown, and Giratina, then it could move on with generational Legends (Kyogre, Groudon, Ho-Oh, ect.), then one could move on to the trios, then whatever else remains.

I don't want to inhibit creativity, however. This is your story. You can write about all of them, if you'd like. ^^
Old 09-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
I wasn't too worried ^^

I'd like to read this. I was kind of wondering, though, that maybe you shouldn't quite cover all of those Legendaries. Gravity had something planned for Heatran. Also, you should leave some room for other writers to make stories about single Legendaries. I can see this evolving down into several stories, kind of like what Lunar Latius, Dragoness, and myself are doing with the Starters. It started with Arceus, Mew, Unknown, and Giratina, then it could move on with generational Legends (Kyogre, Groudon, Ho-Oh, ect.), then one could move on to the trios, then whatever else remains.

I don't want to inhibit creativity, however. This is your story. You can write about all of them, if you'd like. ^^
Oh no. I wasn't going to include Heatran, as it was already taken.
However, if I'm limiting my scope - I'd like to use the Hoenn Legendaries and Regigigas for my story. :3
Old 09-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Okay, thanks. That will be great! ^^
Old 09-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

I have an idea! Meheheh... how 'bout how Magikarp evolves into Gyrados? After all, how such a weak, tiny Pokémon can evolve into a powerhouse dragon is a mystery to me...

Heh...

I'll write it soon.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Okay, M_R! *story claimed*
Old 09-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Quote:
Okay, M_R! *story claimed*
*Looks at the first post* Yes, you did spell it wrong. No H. Ruby lies. It LIEEEEEEEESSS!

Anyway...

A long time ago... a REALLY long time ago, was a pond. And in that pond, there was a Magikarp. Magikarp was unhappy. When the other Pokémon came to splash and play, Magikarp tried to jump around with them, but they'd ignore him.
One day, two Aipoms came to play in the pond. These two purple monkeys, named Slippy and Trippy, were very much enjoyed by their neighbors, because they like to play tricks and pretty much annoy everyone around. Magikarp swam over to them and asked them if they wanted to play.

"Sure!" Slippy said, grinning.

"Really? With me?" replied Magikarp, about to do a joyful backflip.

Just as he was about to ask them what they wanted to play, Trippy Picked Magikarp up with the hand on the end of her tail, and threw him to Slippy. they batted him back and forth for a while, then threw him far out in the deep of the pond and left. "That's it! I've had enough of this!" So he devised a plan. The next day, Trippy and Slippy cma back. Magikarp gleefully swam up to them.

"Hey, you know what would be fun?" Magikarp said with a sly grin. "Wrap me up in packaging paper and put me in the mailbox."
The Aipoms grinned. No one had ever suggested a
prank, but they couldn't resist. Before you could say "Regigigias rap", Magikarp was wrapped and in the mailbox, patiently waiting for the second part of his plan. When the mail Pelipper came in the morning, he was rather suprised when a package talked to him!

"I'd like to go to Uxie, please," the floppy package said.

Pelipper, not wanting to offend the strange package, scooped it up in his beak and flew off to Lake Acuity to leave the package. Uxie was meditating when he was alerted to the sound of flapping wings. "Er... a puckage aushking to shee you, shir." Pelipper said, trying to keep his mouthful of mail in his pouch. "Dissmissed, mail carrier." The yellow pixie turned to address the package. "Hello, Magikarp. You are of need of my assistance, yes?"

"Um... yeah. You see, I get ignored all the time, and I'm sick of it. Can you help?"

"Yes..." Uxie bowed his head, and Magikarp was envoloped in a brilliant white light. He started to grow, and burst out of the paper, which was soon drawrfed by the enormous form of a blue dragon. "The completion is complete!" Uxie cried. "From now on, all of your kind shall be able to evolve into this new form... Gyarados!" "Thanks!" the former carp laughed. "But... um, how do i get back?"

When Gyarados arrived back home, he scared the fur off the mean Aipoms, and they never tricked anyone ever again. From then on, all the Pokémon in the pond gained new respect for the local Magikarp, knowing that they might evolve into one of the most powerful water-types in the area.

And that is why Magikarp evolves into Gyarados.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Eeek! Sorry about that. *takes out torch to vanquish the offensive 'H'*

Anywho, you don't need to post your story here. It only goes in the Library. Great peace though. ^^ If I could just point out some things . . .

Quote:
Just as he was about to ask them what they wanted to play, Trippy Picked Magikarp up with the hand on the end of her tail, and threw him to Slippy. they batted him back and forth for a while, then threw him far out in the deep of the pond and left. "That's it! I've had enough of this!" So he devised a plan. The next day, Trippy and Slippy cma back. Magikarp gleefully swam up to them.
That 'they' needs to be capitilized. Then the other bolded part . . . I think you meant to put 'came' there.
Also, make sure that you make a new paragraph whenever someone talks ^^

Quote:
"Hey, you know what would be fun?" Magikarp said with a sly grin. "Wrap me up in packaging paper and put me in the mailbox."
The Aipoms grinned. No one had ever suggested a
prank, but they couldn't resist. Before you could say "Regigigias rap", Magikarp was wrapped and in the mailbox, patiently waiting for the second part of his plan. When the mail Pelipper came in the morning, he was rather suprised when a package talked to him!
How did this sentance get off like that? Perhaps you should go back and backspace infront of 'prank'.

Thanks for your contribution!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Quote:
Eeek! Sorry about that. *takes out torch to vanquish the offensive 'H'*

Anywho, you don't need to post your story here. It only goes in the Library. Great peace though. ^^ If I could just point out some things . . .

That 'they' needs to be capitilized. Then the other bolded part . . . I think you meant to put 'came' there.
Also, make sure that you make a new paragraph whenever someone talks ^^

How did this sentance get off like that? Perhaps you should go back and backspace infront of 'prank'.

Thanks for your contribution!
You're welcome. I have a new one...
Cubone! according to the Pokédex, it wears the skull of its dead mother. But its mother, most likely a Marowak, dosen't have a skull like Cubone's! It, apparently, is the skull of a larger Cubone! And explain how Marowak's skull fits so snugly?! I MUST FIND THIS OUT!!!

Hey, I'm channeling my (immensly cute) av. Wow.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Hey, that'd be a great story ^^ I'll put it up that you've claimed it.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Hmm, Mawile Rocks? The format on that last story is kinda wierd. The sentances jump around. I think it was long enough, though. It was pretty good, and it had the return of the great Xatu! X D What is up with that bird, anywho?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Quote:
Hmm, Mawile Rocks? The format on that last story is kinda wierd. The sentances jump around. I think it was long enough, though. It was pretty good, and it had the return of the great Xatu! X D What is up with that bird, anywho?
Maybe it's because I write on Notepad, it's kinda weird. Hey... I wonder how Xatu can see into the past and future? *Claim*
Old 09-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Okay, just slow down a bit, M_R. It might be time for you to re-read the rules. Stand back a bit, please, and allow other writers to post thier stories. Go back and fix up your other stories. It seems to me that you're not quite taking as much time on them as you should. They're still pretty good. I understand that you're using Notepad, but you should make sure that it still copies over to this format good. Besides, Xatu was in my story and I kinda explained a little about him. If you read mine, you'll see that I said that he sees things because he stares into the sun.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 AM
Sheepat Offline

May I claim the story of how Shiny Pokemon came to be?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Oh, that will be a fascinating read! ^^

*story claimed by riolu42* (Riolu is one of my favorite Pokemon!)

Also, I'm going to claim a story about how Doduo got two heads, if that's okay. It might also explain how Farfetch'd got its stick, too, but I'm not sure. : /
Old 10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Sheepat Offline

just finished! Here you go, please help with the typos:

It is said that Smeargle painted the world. He made the colors of the trees and water, under Arceus’ orders, of course. Smeargle, however, was proud with his ideas, and when he was supposed to paint apples black to represent Darkrai’s powers, he painted them red for his rage. He tricked Arceus into believing this was Darkrai’s color, and that Darkrai’s anger cursed him, so that is why the dark Pokemon lives in exile.

However, Smeargle did get punished for something. The color of Pokemon.

One day, Smeargle was painting a Pikachu, when a thought came to him.

“I will paint this creature orange, not yellow. Orange suits him.”

And thus, Smeargle painted the Pikachu orange.

Now, the Pikachu met it’s fellows, and showed it’s orange sheen, saying that Smeargle had showed him his source of color, Azelf’s legendary lake, and if touched, you would become the color you pleased.

The rumor spread, and when Smeargle awoke the next day, found a large croud of Pokemon in front of him. They demanded that Smeargle show them the lake where he got his powers, Smeargle refused, but said he would paint them any color they wish.

Up in the sky, Azelf flew to Arceus, explaining what Smeargle had done. Arceus was furious, flying down to the Earth, and confronting Smeargle.

“I am disappointed in you, Smeargle!” Arceus roared, “From now on, only the first few Pokemon will be the color they chose, and you can no longer paint the flowers and the trees and the oceans! You will live on, forced to copy other’s abilities, and have none of your own!”

From that day on, Smeargle and all of his descendants only know Sketch, and only a few Pokemon are of a different color.