Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:56 AM
theajshow Offline

Question What if a game is hacked?

I am hyper-paranoid about hacked games. I bought a used Ruby at Gamestop, then I traded some pokémon from it to my Emerald. I then looked back over at the Ruby. It had two spots for pokéballs, not different ones, like Ultraballs or Greatballs, but two spots in the bag for plain old pokéballs. This made me think the game was hacked, I then worried the pokémon I sent over to my Emerald may have "infected" that game. With that said, I haven't touched my Emerald, in fact I haven't even put it in my DS, just by chance for some weird reason it would "infect" my DS Pokémon games. So...am I being way too paranoid? I am planning to start the Ruby game over anyways, so if it actually was hacked, using pokésav or whatever they use to hack the games, would starting it over "clean" it of any of that? And secondly, should I start my Emerald game over? Just to be on the safe side? Or is that way too far. It's not a big deal, as I'm only up to the 6th or 7th badge. So, am I too paranoid or what?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Lusitania Offline

Default Re: What if a game is hacked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theajshow View Post
I am hyper-paranoid about hacked games. I bought a used Ruby at Gamestop, then I traded some pokémon from it to my Emerald. I then looked back over at the Ruby. It had two spots for pokéballs, not different ones, like Ultraballs or Greatballs, but two spots in the bag for plain old pokéballs. This made me think the game was hacked, I then worried the pokémon I sent over to my Emerald may have "infected" that game. With that said, I haven't touched my Emerald, in fact I haven't even put it in my DS, just by chance for some weird reason it would "infect" my DS Pokémon games. So...am I being way too paranoid? I am planning to start the Ruby game over anyways, so if it actually was hacked, using pokésav or whatever they use to hack the games, would starting it over "clean" it of any of that? And secondly, should I start my Emerald game over? Just to be on the safe side? Or is that way too far. It's not a big deal, as I'm only up to the 6th or 7th badge. So, am I too paranoid or what?
Yes, you're way too paranoid. It doesn't really matter, and Pokesav is fine.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:55 PM
theajshow Offline

Yes, I am too paranoid, I realize that, but I am totally against pokesav and all that stuff. If other people think it's cool, hey, more power to them, but I want my games to have nothing to do with them. I have been going to the official Nintendo Video game championships, and I know they could check for hacked pokémon occasionally. It would kill me to get disqualified for that. I have read that even after you delete a hacked pokémon, it still can be detected on your game. With that said, would restarting a game delete any traces of hacks?

And two, is it necessary to restart my Emerald too?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Fluffy Mew Offline
Elite Trainer

I have alot of shinies and nothing is wrong with my game.

~FM

ATTENTION! ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THE OLD SELENA ESPEON PLEASE PM ME!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:21 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Having a hacked game doesn't mean it will destroy other games and your DS :|

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 09-11-2009, 02:51 AM
theajshow Offline

I don't really have a fear that it will destroy my game or anything, I more worried about being "caught" in an official setting. I just want to know if restarting a game erases any effects of a game cartridge being hacked.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
I don't really have a fear that it will destroy my game or anything, I more worried about being "caught" in an official setting. I just want to know if restarting a game erases any effects of a game cartridge being hacked.
Im not sure. you should probably ask nintendo or someone like them.
Also the only way a hack will affect your ds games is if you transfer hacked pokemon to them.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
ahh... i can relate to this.
(did you see my thread?)

anyways, that doesnt matter.

out of fun, i decided to hack my fire red so that i could start hatching some babies of the pokemon i lost in my emerald. so far, nothing has gone wrong in my new emerald or fire red for that matter.

i also migrated some hacks to my diamond, to see if anything would happen. im glad to say my diamond is still okay

pokesav doesnt affect your game dramatically, i know that 100%.

as for the two pokeball slots... if i recall, if you max out one item spot for an item (say, pokeballs) then your game opens up a second slot for more of that item. dont hold me to that, im not sure. easiest thing to do is sell one slot of balls for easy money

dont be worried, just be cautious.

and make sure to keep some of your best pokemon in fr/lg just in case!
(i remembered i had my typhlosion, skarmory and salamence over there. HOPE IS NOT LOST!)

Platinum FC: 2750 9224 1685
*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Im giving up on pe2k. moving on to smogon. maybe back later, not likely.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 AM
jeebus4life Offline
Experienced Trainer

Don't worry it is ok hacked games don't mean that everything else would be destroyed is something bad happened.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

You're being paranoid.

Nothing would happen even if the game was hacked. It can't "infect" your DS, it can't hurt your other game, it can't even hurt the current game on the cart. You can trade Pokemon from it, breed Pokemon on it, migrate Pokemon from it to DS, do whatever you want.

Nothing will happen.

Anyone who says anything besides that is either misinformed or blatantly lying in order to sound like they know something.

Also you can't even use third gen games in official tournaments anymore, so, why would it matter?

Nintendo hack checks (this has been verified by myself, in person, at a tournament) don't even pick up Pokesav'd Pokemon, and only check the party. You have nothing to worry about. This is current as of last year's VGS/Worlds combo in Florida.

You can obviously restart the save file if you want to earn everything legitimately, but as far as any actual harm coming to you? Nothing.

Nothing will happen.

You would just be restarting for your own comfort because you like knowing that nothing is hacked, but for no actual benefit.

You can't use Pokesav on third generation games, the only thing you can use is Action Replay.

A very probable reason why there might be two slots for Poke Balls is if at one point they bought more than one slot can hold (in new games it's 995, but I think back then it was x99) so it put it in two slots. I am pretty sure that when this happens, even if you use or sell some out of the slot that is maxed out, it won't move the other slot back into it.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?

Last edited by Tasteless; 09-17-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 AM
theajshow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteless View Post
You're being paranoid.

Nothing would happen even if the game was hacked. It can't "infect" your DS, it can't hurt your other game, it can't even hurt the current game on the cart. You can trade Pokemon from it, breed Pokemon on it, migrate Pokemon from it to DS, do whatever you want.

Nothing will happen.

Anyone who says anything besides that is either misinformed or blatantly lying in order to sound like they know something.

Also you can't even use third gen games in official tournaments anymore, so, why would it matter?

Nintendo hack checks (this has been verified by myself, in person, at a tournament) don't even pick up Pokesav'd Pokemon, and only check the party. You have nothing to worry about. This is current as of last year's VGS/Worlds combo in Florida.

You can obviously restart the save file if you want to earn everything legitimately, but as far as any actual harm coming to you? Nothing.

Nothing will happen.

You would just be restarting for your own comfort because you like knowing that nothing is hacked, but for no actual benefit.

You can't use Pokesav on third generation games, the only thing you can use is Action Replay.

A very probable reason why there might be two slots for Poke Balls is if at one point they bought more than one slot can hold (in new games it's 995, but I think back then it was x99) so it put it in two slots. I am pretty sure that when this happens, even if you use or sell some out of the slot that is maxed out, it won't move the other slot back into it.

Thanks for one of the best answers I actually got. I'll admit, I was being a bit facetious earlier about saying it would destroy my games.

I know the 3rd Gen games aren't allowed in tournaments, but I do migrate pokémon over quite a bit, so I wasn't sure if that's how my feared "infection" could occur.

But anyways, without blabbering on too much, thanks for actually giving me some answers. I'm not a huge fan of Pokesav or Action Replay...well, ok, I'm actually pretty against them. But, if that's your thing, that's ok. With all that said, just wanted to say thanks for actually answering my questions and addressing each of the issues.