Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
Default Re: The Shadow Arena Fight Club Now Open ! Shoddy/Wifi Battlers Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
the rules were mostly set up against moves that freeze and burn. Icy wind is ok
Okay, since Icy Wind is legal here, sign me up for UU and NU, as well. (It did matter...the move will appear in at least the NU team).

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Iceraver101 Offline

Seems like an interesting tournament. Sign me up for all three divisions Shoddy of course.

Now I gotta build these teams...

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com
Old 09-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Dark Abyss Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dark Abyss Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
the rules were mostly set up against moves that freeze and burn. Icy wind is ok
I'll join all. :)

Join my site that can be found here http://pokemonmysidia.com/forum/index.php
Old 09-26-2009, 05:35 AM
Mystery The Fated Offline

Just for clarification, this is pretty much an offense based tournament. The only real catch is that its purpose is mainly to reduce hax and status to hopefully a minimum of zero. Perhaps something like a 12 year old running through the game with pokemon with only attacking moves. Not to say other moves other than attack moves aren't allowed, pokemon with serene grace, and super luck are banned. Examples include jirachi, blisey, togekiss, absol, and so on. Status moves such as williow wisp and spore, and toxic are not allowed. However, my recommendation to DSL is this: being that pokemon that can abuse hax aren't allowed, I don't see why you limitied it down to only a 10% chance. Flinching with Gyrados's waterfall isn't all that common. Yanmega being perhaps one of the only pokemon being able to use flinching is understandable. But perhaps we should raise the bar a little so that some pokemon can at least make the usage list. Another recommendation to all participants is, this: in place of your walls, use traditional bulky pokemon such as Porygon 2 per say. Although it can't pack a status move like you normally would, but it allows sets such as the trick room or download charge beam variants to actually see useage here. Im just throwing out ideas that could possibly benefit some participants. Anyway, that's just my opinion, although its incomplete, im going to shut up and wish everyone good luck. Gah my tourney needs a damn banner....
Old 09-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
Okay, since Icy Wind is legal here, sign me up for UU and NU, as well. (It did matter...the move will appear in at least the NU team).
ok ill add you on all three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
Seems like an interesting tournament. Sign me up for all three divisions Shoddy of course.
thanks for entering ! ill add you to shoddy
Now I gotta build these teams...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Abyss View Post
I'll join all. :)
which sections do you want to be added to ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery The Apathetic View Post
Just for clarification, this is pretty much an offense based tournament. The only real catch is that its purpose is mainly to reduce hax and status to hopefully a minimum of zero. Perhaps something like a 12 year old running through the game with pokemon with only attacking moves. Not to say other moves other than attack moves aren't allowed, pokemon with serene grace, and super luck are banned. Examples include jirachi, blisey, togekiss, absol, and so on. Status moves such as williow wisp and spore, and toxic are not allowed. However, my recommendation to DSL is this: being that pokemon that can abuse hax aren't allowed, I don't see why you limitied it down to only a 10% chance. Flinching with Gyrados's waterfall isn't all that common. Yanmega being perhaps one of the only pokemon being able to use flinching is understandable. But perhaps we should raise the bar a little so that some pokemon can at least make the usage list. Another recommendation to all participants is, this: in place of your walls, use traditional bulky pokemon such as Porygon 2 per say. Although it can't pack a status move like you normally would, but it allows sets such as the trick room or download charge beam variants to actually see useage here. Im just throwing out ideas that could possibly benefit some participants. Anyway, that's just my opinion, although its incomplete, im going to shut up and wish everyone good luck. Gah my tourney needs a damn banner....
I couldnt have said it better, this tourny is very much like when you first started training and had mostly attack moves and powered you way through the game. type match ups and creative movesets are key in this. as far as letting waterfall and the others in, i will consider it today

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Verystrait42 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Put me down for OU and UU shoddy. I think I have a fairly good chance in OU, but I haven't played much UU since the big overhaul, so I guess I might as well try it, if anything it will give me a better perspective of things that may have use in OU.

Reached 11 on Challenge Cup PO ladder.

Wi-fi: Zack, 2665-5033-9610
Shoddy/PO Username: Verystrait42
Old 09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystrait42 View Post
Put me down for OU and UU shoddy. I think I have a fairly good chance in OU, but I haven't played much UU since the big overhaul, so I guess I might as well try it, if anything it will give me a better perspective of things that may have use in OU.
alright cool ill add you

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List