Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

Sorry if that's disappointing for you, Bryce, but since you're the only person who even bothered to ask me about it in these past two months, maybe I made the right choice, after all. ^^;
Actually, I think a few people noticed. I didn't mention it to ya because I thought you were taking your sweet time in getting it up and prodding you about it wouldn't do any good

Hmm, any hints on it? You said it'd be a special new contest :D *pokes* C'mon, you can tell us...
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Fever Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Fever Send a message via MSN to Fever

I heard activity has faced a lull lately. Maybe it is better to leave it for now, since we're (hopefully) coming up to the WWC, right? Which I'm feeling kind of psyched about, I haven't written in ages ^^

Don't get me wrong, I do want to know about the new contest, but I'm also loving the anticipation ;) I think having th

On another note, I was just thinking - the standard of URPG writing has really improved lately, if you ask me. Just flicking through some of the stories, and everyone seems to be trying harder these days. :') I'm proud...now go get those Emblems, guys ;) I expected the Library to really take off. I'm a Councillor, right? Maybe I should nominate someone...I have some free time coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll be specifically on the lookout for good stories :D

(Note: If I nominate your story, I'll do it because it's worth it, not just for the sake of it. Please don't take it as being patronising or anything. Just to clear that up.)

Last edited by Fever; 11-28-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
Actually, I think a few people noticed. I didn't mention it to ya because I thought you were taking your sweet time in getting it up and prodding you about it wouldn't do any good

Hmm, any hints on it? You said it'd be a special new contest :D *pokes* C'mon, you can tell us...
Yeah, I suppose I can at least tell you about it. Wouldn't want you to think I'm just leading everyone on... (*now entering brain fantasy*WHA? CONTEST? THERE'S NO CONTEST! IT WAS ALL A BIG LIE! KAHAHA*now leaving brain fantasy*)

So basically, I wanted to make a contest where voting didn't take so freaking long. And then I thought, what if we had a contest where we didn't even need a voting period? It seemed impossible, at first, but then I got to thinking about it (along with some help from DoH - thank you, madame), and eventually the core concept of this contest was born: the stories themselves are the votes.

I had to rest for a few days after that idea hit me.

It works like this: on the first week of the competition, everyone who wants to enter will write up the first part of their story (about 5,000 characters) and submit just that. Then, the next week, everyone will write up the next part of their story and submit again, but this time, there's a specific requirement: you have to incorporate something from someone else's story into your own. That's the real trick to this contest. Whichever story you choose to draw inspiration from will count as your "vote," and thus, that story will receive one point.

And that's the gist of it. There are some other, logistic details 'n junk to prevent people from abusing this kookie system 'n whatnot, but I won't get into all that, right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever View Post
Don't get me wrong, I do want to know about the new contest, but I'm also loving the anticipation ;)
WHOOPS.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:

On another note, I was just thinking - the standard of URPG writing has really improved lately, if you ask me. Just flicking through some of the stories, and everyone seems to be trying harder these days. :') I'm proud...now go get those Emblems, guys ;) I expected the Library to really take off. I'm a Councillor, right? Maybe I should nominate someone...I have some free time coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll be specifically on the lookout for good stories :D

(Note: If I nominate your story, I'll do it because it's worth it, not just for the sake of it. Please don't take it as being patronising or anything. Just to clear that up.)
I agree with you on that. Despite the fact I haven't had time to grade lately, I have browsed through stories Just by glancing, I see that authors, even the brand new ones, are putting a lot more effort into their stories. Gives me a warm fuzzy feelinh inside, you know?

@ Galleon: That sounds very neat, especially how the plans of your story will change depending on what story you choose.

On the topic of competitions, does anybody have an idea of what they're going to write for their WWC entry?

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 11-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
I agree with you on that. Despite the fact I haven't had time to grade lately, I have browsed through stories Just by glancing, I see that authors, even the brand new ones, are putting a lot more effort into their stories. Gives me a warm fuzzy feelinh inside, you know?

@ Galleon: That sounds very neat, especially how the plans of your story will change depending on what story you choose.

On the topic of competitions, does anybody have an idea of what they're going to write for their WWC entry?

- Kat
I do, Kat.

I had a wonderful idea for the WWC that I've been saving, since it too, has to do with Winter and the cultures that reside in northern areas. :D
Old 11-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
I do, Kat.

I had a wonderful idea for the WWC that I've been saving, since it too, has to do with Winter and the cultures that reside in northern areas. :D
*coughlame*

xD jk, I got an idea for the WWC, only got half of it though :[

Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

I got an idea just from listening to way to many Christmas carols. Guess I'll have to finish that pretty soon, then start my Law and Order-type story....
xD

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993
Old 11-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Oh yeah, I have ideas. I have a looooot of ideas.

@Galleon: Hm... innovative and interesting. I don't think it would be good as a regular event because then it would lose the novelty but every couple months if things started to slow down I could see it as a good event.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Fever Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Fever Send a message via MSN to Fever

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean :) The URPG Story Section has class ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
I don't think it would be good as a regular event because then it would lose the novelty but every couple months if things started to slow down I could see it as a good event.
I don't agree with the second half of your sentence, but I think the first bit has some merit :) Maybe it could be like the Collab contests were - Spring and Autumn? (Our word for Fall)

It does sound completely awesome though =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

WHOOPS.
You know you only said to ruin the suspense XD Only joking; I think it sounds like a great idea. It should motivate us all to write more and get us out of the habit of procrastinating, methinks :P

Hmm, the WWC - going to have to drag out the old brain for this one.

WANTED: Maintenance team for old, slightly rusty and abused female brain.

Ooh, that could be a story.

-ponders-
Old 11-29-2009, 10:40 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Maybe it could be like the Collab contests were - Spring and Autumn? (Our word for Fall)
I think he originally said that's what they were gonna be for - to replace the Collab contests.

Quote:
get us out of the habit of procrastinating
Believe me, nothing will eve

I'll finish the sentence later... >.>
Old 11-29-2009, 01:42 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:

- Kat
I believe I do, even though I haven't really been writing much- or at all lately. However, I'm faced with a problem: this story has no christmas feeling at all. Which would be all fine and dandy if it wasn't that I always seem to get the unofficial theme of this contest. If I go for something simple, rather happy I get put in a contest where there're only sad stories, and if I do something different, I get surrounded by happy-go-lucky stories.

I really can't get a break.

So I'm preparing a contingency plan, hopefully finishing a less serious story that I've been dragging for months.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Lunar Wing Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Wing

*Interupting this interesting conversation *

Just a short question here. Currently I'm writing a story about a girl named Ruri but if I later wish to make another story can I make a new main character or do I have to stay by this girl?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Wing View Post
*Interupting this interesting conversation *

Just a short question here. Currently I'm writing a story about a girl named Ruri but if I later wish to make another story can I make a new main character or do I have to stay by this girl?
That's on you :) if you wish to make a new story with entirely different characters you may. Your next story does not even have to be the same as your first unless it is a part two or something, even then the choice is yours :]

Old 11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Lusitania Offline

I should grade more.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Lunar Wing Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
That's on you :) if you wish to make a new story with entirely different characters you may. Your next story does not even have to be the same as your first unless it is a part two or something, even then the choice is yours :]
Oke thanx :) (I have to much idea's for stories... XD)