Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Gamedude's Avatar
Gamedude Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CANADA! Eh!
Posts: 3,101
Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Oh, I think I forgot to mention that our cartographer had an accident on their drawing table ^^
But, if by any means, you wish to help with the project as an artist, send samples like the one's Gamedude sent (which are very adecuate for what we're looking for, if only on a larger scale). Send a sample map on your own style, and whichever design is judged to be better will get the job.
And we, we'll probably pay money for it ^^
Larger Scale 0_o? Like the size of a city or town?

You can use that route up there btw, (I need the urpg cash).
__________________

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 AM
DarkGardevoir's Avatar
DarkGardevoir Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hidden in my avatar
Posts: 5,618
Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post
Larger Scale 0_o? Like the size of a city or town?

You can use that route up there btw, (I need the urpg cash).
I think that a city is good only for one big area. We have to fill in a large island, remember! (and also, that one is probably good for the Botanic Garden area I'd think).
__________________
My quotes


Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Gamedude's Avatar
Gamedude Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CANADA! Eh!
Posts: 3,101
Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
I think that a city is good only for one big area. We have to fill in a large island, remember! (and also, that one is probably good for the Botanic Garden area I'd think).
I'm working on a small island right now. Can there be a list of areas so I know what to do xD?
__________________

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
DarkGardevoir's Avatar
DarkGardevoir Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hidden in my avatar
Posts: 5,618
Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post
I'm working on a small island right now. Can there be a list of areas so I know what to do xD?
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=98043

Also, no little island. If it's the little I think, it wouldn't be enough to cover it all.
__________________
My quotes


Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

This actually gives me a good excuse to sprite. xD

I'll get to work on some.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Gamedude's Avatar
Gamedude Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CANADA! Eh!
Posts: 3,101
Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Theres that mini tiny island. I think you could put this under great lakes :P?

Spoiler:
__________________

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-26-2010, 05:20 PM
DarkGardevoir's Avatar
DarkGardevoir Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hidden in my avatar
Posts: 5,618
Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post
Theres that mini tiny island. I think you could put this under great lakes :P?

Spoiler:
I think it can work. Let's leave it to MArth to decide though-
__________________
My quotes


Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

I'm currently doing The Woods. It's taking forever. @_@
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Marth's Avatar
Marth Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingdom of Altaria
Posts: 4,206
Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Woah, woah, calm down, people.

Right now I only need samples of your work. What Gamedude sent the first time was more than enough to know how he does his art, but I need to see other samples to know if we're hiring one artist, or many artists.
__________________
By Khajmer
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

So this isn't the real thing? .________.

Well, here it is anyway:

Spoiler:


EDIT: Why does it look blurry when it's too big? Anyone know how to change it?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Marth's Avatar
Marth Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingdom of Altaria
Posts: 4,206
Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

No, it can't be the "real thing", because we're supposed to build the woods together, then give instructions to the cartographist in charge of a section D=
But Bluejello, what you gave me asn a example could serve as a template for the Wood's, if only a bit bigger.
What I mean for a template is a "blank" map - one that only outlines the terrain but doesn't describe it. As trainers progress through the park, they'll be able to provide information about the terrain, which will then be passed on to you, then added to the map.
...what this means is that the wood's template would consist of a big square outlined by the tree's in Bjelly's map, filled with.... grass. Perhaps a trainer will report spotting a small pond somewhere on the upper right corner of the map, and you will have to edit the map accordingly, BJ.
__________________
By Khajmer
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Gamedude's Avatar
Gamedude Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CANADA! Eh!
Posts: 3,101
Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
No, it can't be the "real thing", because we're supposed to build the woods together, then give instructions to the cartographist in charge of a section D=
But Bluejello, what you gave me asn a example could serve as a template for the Wood's, if only a bit bigger.
What I mean for a template is a "blank" map - one that only outlines the terrain but doesn't describe it. As trainers progress through the park, they'll be able to provide information about the terrain, which will then be passed on to you, then added to the map.
...what this means is that the wood's template would consist of a big square outlined by the tree's in Bjelly's map, filled with.... grass. Perhaps a trainer will report spotting a small pond somewhere on the upper right corner of the map, and you will have to edit the map accordingly, BJ.
So your basicly saying; That a bunch of people are going to desribe it and we the cartographer's have to make it a image?

Example: If a trainer was talking about a beach with a water fall right behind it, we would have to make it?
__________________

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Marth's Avatar
Marth Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingdom of Altaria
Posts: 4,206
Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post
So your basicly saying; That a bunch of people are going to desribe it and we the cartographer's have to make it a image?

Example: If a trainer was talking about a beach with a water fall right behind it, we would have to make it?
Yeah, but not so general. Trainers will have firstly your template, as big as required. They will then say,
"At coordinates A4 to A8, there is a trail of rocky formations lining up the beach"
You'll then edit this small piece of new information into the corresponding map, on the corresponding section.
__________________
By Khajmer
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

So you're putting me in charge of editing The Woods, then?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Gamedude's Avatar
Gamedude Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CANADA! Eh!
Posts: 3,101
Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Re: The Cartographer Society : Recruiting now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Yeah, but not so general. Trainers will have firstly your template, as big as required. They will then say,
"At coordinates A4 to A8, there is a trail of rocky formations lining up the beach"
You'll then edit this small piece of new information into the corresponding map, on the corresponding section.
So all I have to do is post a huge "sand box" map and just add something everytime you tell me too? I can see the URPG cash now :D
__________________

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com