Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:51 AM
theajshow Offline

Default How to catch Latios in Emerald?

What's the best way to catch a Latios? I've ran into him twice, but then later I got myself an Kadabra as a Synchronizer and my plan is to just use the master ball on him. Since I've already ran into him twice WITHOUT my synchronizer, does this effect my ability to try to get the right nature I want?

Oh, and can you use the Pokenav to "track" him at all like you can in 4th Gen. games?

Any help or tips would be helpful.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Josh Offline

Send a message via MSN to Josh
Default Re: How to catch Latios in Emerald?

I'm fairly certain you can use the PokeDex to track Latios. And if I recall, it also moves to adjoining routes (i.e. It will only go from Route 120, to Route 121, or any routes next to it).

So you can work out where it moves and try to cut it off.

Intolerance
Current Chapter: Eighteen

URPG
Old 01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'd recommend going to a route with a small patch of grass. Then go in and out of that route and keep checking the Pokedex until Latios ends up on the route you're on. From memory, I think I used the grass just above Slateport City and then kept going in and out of the city.

As an added note Latios' nature is set the first time you encounter it. From now on it will already have a nature pre-programmed and therefore using a Synchronizer won't effect it.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:13 AM
theajshow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I'm fairly certain you can use the PokeDex to track Latios. And if I recall, it also moves to adjoining routes (i.e. It will only go from Route 120, to Route 121, or any routes next to it).

So you can work out where it moves and try to cut it off.
For some reason, I was thinking it was the PokeNav, not the PokeDex. That has a been a huge help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
As an added note Latios' nature is set the first time you encounter it. From now on it will already have a nature pre-programmed and therefore using a Synchronizer won't effect it.
Doh! I was afraid of that. Well, I've still got my ruby that I've yet to get to the point with Latios. Oh, well, at least I know how to better catch him in general.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Wolfdog Offline
Amateur Trainer

The nature will be the same every time you encoounter it, so the synchronize trick will not be necessary.

As for a (semi) easy way to encounter it, get the acro bike from rydel in mauville city. Then go just noth of slateport. Outside the cycling road entrance (near slateport, not mauville) the should be a patch of grass. You will need many max repels for this to work. You will also need a pokemon level 40 or below. If you have caught one of the regis, they are ideal since they require no training to get to level 40. You then use a max repel with the level 40 pokemon at the lead of your team. Use the acro bike to "hop" in one patch of grass right outside. Hop a minimum of 30 times, after that, if he still does not appear, enter the cycling road entrance, then exit and hop again a minimum of 30 times. Keep repeating until he appears. I have used this strategy every time i playthrough on emerald, and it works every time. The longest it has taken me to find latias/latios is 45 minutes.

This works because roaming legendaries are not effected by repels. By having a pokemon at level 40 it blocks out every guy that is below (not equal) to level 40. Hopping on the acro bike counts as stepping, while making it more likely for the legendary to appear. By entering and exiting the cycling road entrance, the roaming pokemon changes locations.

Please let me know if this helped, and if i can make it simpler to make it easier to understand.

<click that to join swagbucks. A 100% free search engine website. Gain swagbucks by doing searches. Redeem for prizes!! Easy as that. You're helping me out too! Thanks for all that do it! You wont regret!
Closed Thread