Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Contests

Contests Participate in coordinator contests and win ribbons. Talk about contests in general in here.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium
Default Re: Contest Chat [For Contest-related questions too]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
A few questions, before I join.

One, is the only reason I don't see many posts specifying which judge the Pokemon's targeting because most people do R/S?

Two, you use URPG cash to pay for this, yes?

Three, do your must your Pokemon have four definite moves for use in EVERY contest, or can you choose a different four-move moveset every time you enter a new contest?

Four, you can use as many of your Pokemon as you want, correct?

And five,

I could make some banners, on account of my having no life. Get me on AIM or PM, if you'd like to tell me what you would want. I'd prefer AIM, though. xP
Weird, the forum says DG posted last...

One: Yes, most people prefer RS.
Two: Yep, you use URPG Cash, this is part of the URPG, isn't it?
Three: Nope, you can choose different moves every time you enter a new contest, but you can't change in between a contest.
Four: Yes, you're free to use as many Pokemon you want, but only one in a contest, though you knew that obviously
Five: Talk to DG for that :o

<3
Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

BlueJello is our newer Judge! Congratulate him!

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Shock64 passed his Judge quiz. Congratulate.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
BlueJello is our newer Judge! Congratulate him!
Quote:
Congrats to both of you!

<3
Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Congrats dude! I knew you had a flare for it. ;)
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Yet another judgeeeeeeeeeeeeee. WHAT IS THIS!?

Ragnarok0422 have achieved Judge status now. Let's welcome him into reviving this once dead board.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
ragnarok0422 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to ragnarok0422 Send a message via Yahoo to ragnarok0422

Question:

For example:

Espeon used Sand Attack on turn 3, so calc turns and stuff.

Next turn Espeon used Sand Attack again... that deducts -20, right?

I'm arguing over a judges about this fact, they say it's just -10 and not -20... someone clear this up, please? :3

|| VPP Stats || URPG Stats || ASB Stats || Pokedex Project Stats || URPG Ranger Log ||
~ Credit to myself for making the Finnel avvie & banner! ~

Last edited by ragnarok0422; 02-21-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok0422 View Post
Question:

For example:

Espeon used Sand Attack on turn 3, so calc turns and stuff.

Next turn Espeon used Sand Attack again... that deducts -20, right?

I'm arguing over two judges about this fact, they say it's just -10 and not -20... someone clear this up, please? :3
It's -20.

Source?: DG did it in a contest I was in. DON'T QUESTION THE HEAD JUDGE!

That is all.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:10 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Yea, it's -20. I should probably make it clearer when I get the chance >.<

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 02-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Hey, um, just a quick question. Maybe... should you make the Judge Quiz a bit harder? Because now lots of people wanna be judges because they heard the Quiz is easy. Maybe put some questions that can't be looked up or make the pass grade higher? I dunno, it's just that you could get judges that don't know anything and passed by looking stuff up.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Meh, I'm not sure the Quiz is as easy as some people would have it be thought. I mean sure, compared to like the Ref Quiz it might be easy, but then again so are the Ranger and Grader quizzes. Anyways, you can't just pick up Judging until you understand the basics, and for that you need to at least take part in some Contests. It's not to hard once you get the hang of it, really, so I don't see a need to make the Quiz impossible to pass or anything lol.

At any rate, if any of the current Judges were doing a bad job because they breezed through an incompetent test, it seems DG or someone would have made it harder to begin with. But since there don't seem to be a large number of phail-Judges, it doesn't seem like the system needs fixing. Of course, there is a very small number of active Judges at the moment, and we won't really know for certain if the quiz is indeed letting incompetent Judges get passed until we get a larger number of Judges to base that on.

I understand you're wanting to keep that from becoming the issue, but for now, it seems silly to make the Quiz harder. Also keep in mind that there are so few Judges to begin with. True, Contests are probably the least active section of the URPG, but if you make it too hard for people to become Judges, the Judging team will take all the longer to expand. If more Judges pass, there's a chance the Contest section will become more active. It seems to me it was so inactive to begin with because there were so few active Judges around. If we have more Judges perhaps more people will get interested (especially since new Judges could spread the word around to other people and get them to take part). Making the quiz harder at this stage would prevent that new recruitment, or at least make it take a lot longer.

I know that the last thing we want is a giant herd of Judges who don't know what they're doing, but like I said, so far the Judges seem competent, and so I think the Quiz is fine for now. Leave it be, let more people become Judges, and maybe this section will one day become a rival with the Battles section in terms of activity.

*Goes and dies from long post.*

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

I've actually been meaning to edit the quiz a couple of weeks ago already. Reason being, the one that we have now currently is a little easy indeed (last question), thanks to me being lazy the other time.

While most of what TT said is true; there aren't many judges and as such, this was also the reason why DG and I felt that a "Judge Test" wasn't really needed. Thus, passing the standards of pass that we set is enough for you to be an official judge. In fact, by looking up for the answers yourself, I believe that goes to show that you actually know how things work, where to find answers and so, this prevents judges from not knowing anything and passed just by looking things up.

I believe Judge Testers have the capability to fail someone if he feels that he is not good enough anyway. That said, the Judge Quiz is updated now. Mostly just a couple of new questions, and the battle scenarios are improved. Of course, if you haven't passed the quiz and am still trying for Judge status, you'd be required to do the new questions as well.

Just fyi, you said lots of people want to become judges now since the quiz was easy apparently, but we only have a few new judges. Goes to show how easy the quiz really is. Besides, DG mentioned before that judging really isn't that complicated at all, it is rather simple in fact. So if we were to up the difficulty still, this goes to show how over-demanding we are.

Last edited by Ataro; 02-23-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
I've actually been meaning to edit the quiz a couple of weeks ago already. Reason being, the one that we have now currently is a little easy indeed (last question), thanks to me being lazy the other time.

While most of what TT said is true; there aren't many judges and as such, this was also the reason why DG and I felt that a "Judge Test" wasn't really needed. Thus, passing the standards of pass that we set is enough for you to be an official judge. In fact, by looking up for the answers yourself, I believe that goes to show that you actually know how things work, where to find answers and so, this prevents judges from not knowing anything and passed just by looking things up.

I believe Judge Testers have the capability to fail someone if he feels that he is not good enough anyway. That said, the Judge Quiz is updated now. Mostly just a couple of new questions, and the battle scenarios are improved. Of course, if you haven't passed the quiz and am still trying for Judge status, you'd be required to do the new questions as well.

Just fyi, you said lots of people want to become judges now since the quiz was easy apparently, but we only have a few new judges. Goes to show how easy the quiz really is. Besides, DG mentioned before that judging really isn't that complicated at all, it is rather simple in fact. So if we were to up the difficulty still, this goes to show how over-demanding we are.
Keeping on topic, Bluejello managed to fail his test twice, before getting it right (though the moves list has some odd wording)

Also, Dog of Hellsing, Eeveedude and Pokemon Partner are now judges. Congratulate. They did the "old" quiz, but I don't feel like making them redo the ol' questions and do the new one.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Keeping on topic, Bluejello managed to fail his test twice, before getting it right (though the moves list has some odd wording)

Also, Dog of Hellsing, Eeveedude and Pokemon Partner are now judges. Congratulate. They did the "old" quiz, but I don't feel like making them redo the ol' questions and do the new one.
Hey, didn't need to announce my failures! xD

Congrats you guys. I'll take full credit for getting you into contests. *Shot*
Old 02-23-2010, 07:10 PM
luke39 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to luke39

Congrats DoH PP & Eeveedude. Do good work!

Also 1 question. If last night in Australia time I sent my Old Judge Quiz to Ataro and he said he would mark it. But he didn't know the new Quiz was out yet. So if I fail do I have to go do the new test or old test?

Mighteyena
Obtained:294
Hatch @ 309
Evolve @ 348
Lv 100 @ 594