Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:59 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: URPG Stories Chat & Feedback

I just got a quick question

I've been thinking about starting in the story business, so I just wanna know;
Do I have to ask someone to post a story, or do I just post it and wait for the grader to come?

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 02-20-2010, 07:06 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
I just got a quick question

I've been thinking about starting in the story business, so I just wanna know;
Do I have to ask someone to post a story, or do I just post it and wait for the grader to come?
the latter. You post the story, then wait for a grader.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:58 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
the latter. You post the story, then wait for a grader.
Oh ok, thanks for that DG

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 02-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Fever Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Fever Send a message via MSN to Fever

Ugh.

Guys, I am seriously sorry for not having posted or graded lately. My life is pretty chaotic right now and I feel like I don't have time for anything other than exam preparation. I have a play coming up too and it's all a lot of work since we are still in the development stages. My parents are splitting up and while this isn't anything new (it's been going on for years, they're only still in the same house because it's financially more practical) it's still one more thing to deal with.

I feel as though I can't contribute anything useful to the URPG and therefore I'm leaving (temporarily, at least) until I have enough time to be a proper member. I will still lurk when I can and drop in to say congrats to competition winners etc but don't expect to see me too often :3

Wow, this all sounds a bit vain - makng a big post to say I'm going when a lot of you guys aren't going to miss me anyways! :L I know a lot of you won't have a clue who I am, I'm not exactly a big deal in the URPG. I had fifteen minutes of fame when I won an SSC in 2008 and that's about it ^^

I would rather not be completely written off (no pun intended!) as a grader as it is my hope that this summer I will be able to do some more work here, but I know that every member of the grading team has responsibilities. Since I can't attend to those responsibilities for a few months I don't mind retaking the test when I come back, but if it's possible, I'd like to be listed as 'inactive' on the Grader list, rather than totally rubbed out. If you want me to retake the test when I come back then I'm cool with being taken off the list.

I have missed and will miss this place. Except maybe George/Emma...I MEAN. Especially George and Emma. Yeah, that's what I was going to say. Yeah. ;D

Love you all!

-S

Old 02-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever View Post
Ugh.

Guys, I am seriously sorry for not having posted or graded lately. My life is pretty chaotic right now and I feel like I don't have time for anything other than exam preparation. I have a play coming up too and it's all a lot of work since we are still in the development stages. My parents are splitting up and while this isn't anything new (it's been going on for years, they're only still in the same house because it's financially more practical) it's still one more thing to deal with.

I feel as though I can't contribute anything useful to the URPG and therefore I'm leaving (temporarily, at least) until I have enough time to be a proper member. I will still lurk when I can and drop in to say congrats to competition winners etc but don't expect to see me too often :3

Wow, this all sounds a bit vain - makng a big post to say I'm going when a lot of you guys aren't going to miss me anyways! :L I know a lot of you won't have a clue who I am, I'm not exactly a big deal in the URPG. I had fifteen minutes of fame when I won an SSC in 2008 and that's about it ^^

I would rather not be completely written off (no pun intended!) as a grader as it is my hope that this summer I will be able to do some more work here, but I know that every member of the grading team has responsibilities. Since I can't attend to those responsibilities for a few months I don't mind retaking the test when I come back, but if it's possible, I'd like to be listed as 'inactive' on the Grader list, rather than totally rubbed out. If you want me to retake the test when I come back then I'm cool with being taken off the list.

I have missed and will miss this place. Except maybe George/Emma...I MEAN. Especially George and Emma. Yeah, that's what I was going to say. Yeah. ;D

Love you all!

-S

How dare you put your life before the URPG Stories. GAH.

Seriously, though, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Don't worry about your position as a grader. Unless some kind of freaking regime change occurs around here, you'll be welcome back just fine. Though, I may still decide to yell at you for good measure. That'll always be a possibility.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Neltharion_deathwing Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=102775

erm hi, does anyone mind grading this for me?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiKaiki64 View Post
Story? Please? Grade? Or at least a claim?
Pleeease graders?

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993
Old 03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Yo, me and Shock were talking, and we decided that Gyarados is too pwn for Magikarp to be Easiest. Therefore I would like to petition to move it up to Medium, at the very least.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Yo, me and Shock were talking, and we decided that Gyarados is too pwn for Magikarp to be Easiest. Therefore I would like to petition to move it up to Medium, at the very least.
Thats upsetting, Magikrap has been at the bottom of the pile for many years, its just a URPG tradition, theirs 585608234097 Gyarados counters. You'll be fine.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
Thats upsetting, Magikrap has been at the bottom of the pile for many years, its just a URPG tradition, theirs 585608234097 Gyarados counters. You'll be fine.
But that's just it. Magikarp shouldn't be at the bottom of the pile, because EVERYONE gets Gyrados by pulling out half-assed stories. Magikarp should be Medium.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
You decided, huh? Oh. Well. In that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
But that's just it. Magikarp shouldn't be at the bottom of the pile, because EVERYONE gets Gyrados by pulling out half-assed stories. Magikarp should be Medium.
This argument has been made before. But we didn't change it, because in all honesty, FREAKING NO ONE WANTS IT CHANGED.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

This argument has been made before. But we didn't change it, because in all honesty, FREAKING NO ONE WANTS IT CHANGED.
By that I meant that that was our independent decision, not a decision of authority. And I'll dispute that claim because I can point to two people who just specifically stated we want it changed. However, I see your point as I can't imagine why anyone else would, and therefore drop the issue.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that when I read this, I laughed so hard I sharted.

But anyways, I always thought that how they figured where to put the pokemon in whatever category was somewhat based on how difficult it's to get in the game, as well as many other factors (I don't really know, wasn't here when they made it), but you have to admit, in the game Magikarp is the easiest Pokemon to obtain, so everyone could have a Gyarados.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susaska Vannorost View Post
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that when I read this, I laughed so hard I sharted.

But anyways, I always thought that how they figured where to put the pokemon in whatever category was somewhat based on how difficult it's to get in the game, as well as many other factors (I don't really know, wasn't here when they made it), but you have to admit, in the game Magikarp is the easiest Pokemon to obtain, so everyone could have a Gyarados.
That does seem like a valid point xD, wonder if that's why they put it there.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

I understand why Magikarp is Easiest, but the fact still remains that people pass with half-assed stories and get an extremely beast Pokemon in Gyrados. Khajmer and I saw a specific story (who's author shall not be named here) that was horribly bad. Khajmer failed the Magikarp, and you (Galleon) overturned him because "it's a freaking Magikarp". No. It's a freaking Gyrados.

At LEAST move Karp up one level.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|