Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: Expansion: The Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
We could also just get a new Sub-forum for the National Park and devide the RPs.

Like, instead of the Sub-forums being "Ranger Logs" and "Pokemon RP", they would be "Ranger Logs", "Individual RPs" and "Main RPs" (or Group RPs).

That way, we wouldn't have to fill the RP sub-forum with stickies.

Each RP sub-forum should have its own Front Gate, information and such.

What do you guys think?

I absolutely love the idea of having one Main RP per each area. About multiple front gate though, I think it's quite unnecessary.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Keion Offline

Send a message via AIM to Keion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
We could also just get a new Sub-forum for the National Park and devide the RPs.

Like, instead of the Sub-forums being "Ranger Logs" and "Pokemon RP", they would be "Ranger Logs", "Individual RPs" and "Main RPs" (or Group RPs).

That way, we wouldn't have to fill the RP sub-forum with stickies.

Each RP sub-forum should have its own Front Gate, information and such.

What do you guys think?
I love this idea. Group RPs would probably score more visitors to BMG members, since they are more accustomed to regular RPs with 3+ members. Some may try Individual RPs for experience, but I still think more people would want Group RPs :P

PS: I also want this for PE2K :(

~|Keion|~
Old 03-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

It's already pretty much been decided that we'll split the Main RP into its separate areas, guys. What Erai's proposing is if we should have two separate sub-boards for the RPs; one for Main and one for Individual. So it would be the Main RP would have its own sub-board and so would the Individual RP.

I personally think it's sort of redundant to have two separate RP sub-boards; at the same time, if we're going to make each area have its own separate Sticky, on top of the Stickies we currently have for the RP sub-board here, well...it'll get cluttered putting it all together.

So what do you guys think would be better; cluttered, or redundancy?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keion View Post
I love this idea. Group RPs would probably score more visitors to BMG members, since they are more accustomed to regular RPs with 3+ members. Some may try Individual RPs for experience, but I still think more people would want Group RPs :P

PS: I also want this for PE2K :(

~|Keion|~

I do like the idea of Group RP's, as I tried to implement with the Mission trials, though failed because activity fell off. But making the RP's more open, and again, run like we currently run the Main RP might help things out. I'll leave it up to you smart folks to figure out the best way. I do like stories and conflicts that could happen in those events. Maybe add random encounters such as Team Rocket that could only occur during group RP's, and reward them for a successful outcome.

I would say that if you're creating Group RP's, then have 2 sub-sections. One subsection for the Main RP and the Group RP's. And one subsection for the Individual RP's, which will be more numerous.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:59 AM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

This has been going on since I started here, and I have no clue how long ago that was.

Doing everything with a flare.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Flare: Eh, you mean the URPG in general, or the Park, or...I'm confused XD.

Now then, here are the major things we've discussed and in some cases already decided:
  1. Park prices will be lowered by 50% for x number of weeks (I think two is sufficient) in order to allow bURPGers to automatically jump into the Park without spending too much time getting money for it first. OR we can offer a one-time Shop Credit, perhaps $3,000, as well as a one-time half-off Entry Fee/Extra Pokemon Permit, which I honestly like better. It would be a bit more to keep track of, but by the time they're done with their first visit and are able to come into the Park again, bURPGers should have more than enough money to pay normal prices for everything.
    • PROPOSAL: Offer a one-time Shop Credit ($3,000?) that lets bURPGers get necessary items such as Park Balls, as well as a one-time half-off pass on the Entry Fee and all Extra Pokemon Permits.

2. The Main RP will be broken down into its separate areas and each area given its own thread. DECIDED

3. The Main RP and the Individual RPs should have their own sub-boards.
    • PROPOSAL: So far we've got Harry and Erai who back this. I'd like to see what the rest of you think. If you agree I'll ask Phoenix to add a third sub-forum and all. I suggest that all Stickies currently in the RP sub-board here be copied and pasted into both sub-boards if we do this, so a person doesn't have to constantly jump from one sub-board to another in order to access the Stickies. If the Main RP gets its own sub-board the area threads won't be Stickied, since there'd be no reason to do so.

4. There will be two Front Gates; one here and one at 'Garden. The Front Gate for the Main RP will be Stickied and be shared for all areas, as will be the case here. There will also be a Front Gate Sticky for the Individual RP sub-board, but it will technically be the same as the one for the Main RP. DECIDED

=====

I think right now these are the main points that need to be addressed.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-24-2010, 04:32 AM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
Flare: Eh, you mean the URPG in general, or the Park, or...I'm confused XD.
The park. Ultra is a whole other story.

Doing everything with a flare.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

You didn't talk about the Group RP idea, Jess.

Unless you're referring to the splitting of each section of the park into it's own thread.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
You didn't talk about the Group RP idea, Jess.

Unless you're referring to the splitting of each section of the park into it's own thread.
Group RP = Main RP lol.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Group RP = Main RP lol.

That doesn't tell me anything! Are you referring to the Group RP's where there are only like around 6ish people in a group or that the Group RP section you referenced above is the Main RP section?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
That doesn't tell me anything! Are you referring to the Group RP's where there are only like around 6ish people in a group or that the Group RP section you referenced above is the Main RP section?
Currently, I wanted to try out the concept of Mission RPs as team RPs. Hopefully, this may work out. Who knows.

If this works, I have a few other ideas in storage :3 And seeing how this goes, "normal" Team RP may be discussed (although I think that real "Team" should only be special occasion. Nothing stops you from saying at the Front Gate "I want to meet up with X, so we'll both be going in the Main RP")

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Hah, you confused me at first, since we were calling the Main RP Group RP when this first started. Group RPs, when they happen, would go in the Main RP sub-board, since they're basically replacements of Missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Currently, I wanted to try out the concept of Mission RPs as team RPs. Hopefully, this may work out. Who knows.

If this works, I have a few other ideas in storage :3 And seeing how this goes, "normal" Team RP may be discussed (although I think that real "Team" should only be special occasion. Nothing stops you from saying at the Front Gate "I want to meet up with X, so we'll both be going in the Main RP")
I think we're going to replace Missions with Group RPs. Less of a hassle and is more like traditional RPing. As for special Team RPs, it would need to be something REALLY special to differentiate them from Group RPs. Perhaps Team RPs can be ones in which the plot of the Park is expanded, while Group RPs are just special RPs in which a group of people gets together to accomplish such-and-such goal and get a reward out of it?

Also, I'd like to know what your guys' ideas on those undecided points I mention in my list-post are. I want to get these things decided as soon as possible.

EDIT: Also, I wanted to point out that inter-forum meetings should not be permitted. If a person @ PE2K and a person @ Garden are in the same area and are both in the Main RP, they won;t be able to meet. This is because both the Rangers and Trainers would have to bounce back and forth between both forums, either that or post the same thing on both forums. The only way people can meet in the Main RP is if all parties involved are on the same forum.

EDIT2: Also, which threads do you guys think need to remain Stickied over there, and which ones could we possibly do without or combine with existing threads?

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-28-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Double-post, ftw!

Another issue I want to discuss: At the moment we let Rangers use whatever method they prefer for deciding how to roll Encounters, but we used to have a set method for doing it:

Old Rolling Method

I know lately we've been having problems with Rangers who seem to not understand how to roll Encounters, or who do it in a manner that makes it easier for certain ranks to be rolled. So my question is: Should we continue to allow Rangers to roll however they want, or should we enforce this general method?

Also, guys, I REALLY need your input on these matters. We're going to be opening in a little over two weeks over at Garden and I want all these matters taken care of long before the 15th. If you guys don't give me some feedback I'm going to have to start deciding stuff on my own, and I don't want to do that. I value your opinions and advice, and not only that, I don't want to seem like a tyrant who just does whatever I like the best.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Double-post, ftw!

Another issue I want to discuss: At the moment we let Rangers use whatever method they prefer for deciding how to roll Encounters, but we used to have a set method for doing it:

Old Rolling Method

I know lately we've been having problems with Rangers who seem to not understand how to roll Encounters, or who do it in a manner that makes it easier for certain ranks to be rolled. So my question is: Should we continue to allow Rangers to roll however they want, or should we enforce this general method?

Also, guys, I REALLY need your input on these matters. We're going to be opening in a little over two weeks over at Garden and I want all these matters taken care of long before the 15th. If you guys don't give me some feedback I'm going to have to start deciding stuff on my own, and I don't want to do that. I value your opinions and advice, and not only that, I don't want to seem like a tyrant who just does whatever I like the best.
I definitely think there needs to be some standardised method of rolling for the rarity of encounters, whether it's the old system or a newly developed one. By leaving it down to the rangers to decide on their own, there's always going to be the minor issue of some people accusing others of bias, that the ranger has maybe tweaked their rarity percentages to better suit a trainer that they're good friends with. I'm not saying that anybody here would, but I'm saying that by having one set method we would be able to rule that out.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 03-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

I'm not a part of the Park Commitee but as a Ranger, I think that it would be an extremely good idea to create a mandatory rarity rate.

Suggestion: In the rate I think replacing rare with special (in the case of a special map) is sort of punishing the person using it. Because if you think about it that person is paying 5,000 bucks and I think its kind of a rip off to just replace special with Rare. Eli gave me this...

1=Legend, 2-3=Rare, 4-6=Intermediate, 7-10=Uncommon, 11-15=Common, (16=Special).

I think that's a pretty fair rate. Just my two cents. ^.^ *is shot*