Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Cutting Down Size of Clans

I have a proposition for maybe getting more clans on pe2k. It's cutting down the size of clans from 18 to 12 or 10.

As of right now, this is how many members each clan has:

TLMS-16
TDL-10
Pokerus Empire-18
BIS-Yami has 20, but I don't think there's that many.
Endless Possibilities-7

So this will effect TLMS, PE, and BIS the most. I know just cutting people would be unfair and harsh, so I'm thinking letting those three clans size go down on it's own.

So to sum it all up:
Member's Limit becomes 12 or 10 and clans with more then that number are considered full.

So yeah what do y'all think?

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-04-2010, 03:20 AM
hectic Offline

Default Re: Cutting Down Size of Clans

I just think it would be unfair to cut all the people out. Just don't allow any more people in.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
I have a proposition for maybe getting more clans on pe2k. It's cutting down the size of clans from 18 to 12 or 10.

As of right now, this is how many members each clan has:

TLMS-16
TDL-10
Pokerus Empire-18
BIS-Yami has 20, but I don't think there's that many.
Endless Possibilities-7

So this will effect TLMS, PE, and BIS the most. I know just cutting people would be unfair and harsh, so I'm thinking letting those three clans size go down on it's own.

So to sum it all up:
Member's Limit becomes 12 or 10 and clans with more then that number are considered full.

So yeah what do y'all think?
its not a bad idea i think thats why they made it 18 to begin with. the real problem is that even with 18 how many active members would you truly have? I think the most ive ever had is around 13. Cutting down the numbers might help out a little but what we really need is more activity through the battling center. More active tournys,more wars, more battling in general. IF the battling center gets more active people will start coming back

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

I dont mean to be rude. Not one bit, but have you aken into consideration that Pokerus Empire is a WiFi ONLY clan ...in a (Duo) field where battling is done both Shoddy (ugh) and WiFi. As is, we the Empire are having MINOR stinkts with rooting out the Crutch that is Shoddy with in our own ranks.

Its hard to keep a clan active not to mention its members.. who each have variyng levels of activity, both here in the WiFi section & in pe2k in general. cutting a few or some of my mates would hurt THEM and myself (by this I mean the Empire).
Personally I think the reason my Clan is @ FULL status is because WE want to feel rewarded for using our hard trained pokemon, --- I don't mind losing trust me--- but If i'm losing due to hacked mon.. I mean come on wheres the fun there..

In short yeah Im the newest clan leader by this I mean with the lowest post count, so ok my validity is still unreliable.? yeah.. But I've said it before..
I'm here to stay. and So is Pokerus Empire..
actually has anyone even thought far ahead as if & when Your clan Battles Pokerus Empire in a clan war.. NONE of my clan members that I know if DOES shoddy..

IN SHORT I for one.. am against this. because in the future I'd love to see a 9 vs 9 in a clan war against us some time..

Pokérus Empire
Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectic View Post
I just think it would be unfair to cut all the people out. Just don't allow any more people in.
I think you need to reread the op
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
its not a bad idea i think thats why they made it 18 to begin with. the real problem is that even with 18 how many active members would you truly have? I think the most ive ever had is around 13. Cutting down the numbers might help out a little but what we really need is more activity through the battling center. More active tournys,more wars, more battling in general. IF the battling center gets more active people will start coming back
But the battle center isn't as active as it once was. I'm going to hate to use this example, but..... Pojo.com's activity was worse far off than pe2k. So they decided to this, and it worked. I just think when someone comes to the BC and see there's only 5 or 6 active clans, they're turned off. There needs to be like 9 or 10, I think. And when activity picks back up again and if we need to, we can bring it back up to 18.

@Mr420: -_- Reread the op. I'm not suggesting we cut people from clans. Clans who have more then the decided amount will keep all their members. It's just that when you lose a member, you won't be able to recruit any new members, naturally letting the clan's reduce to 12.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Last edited by scubasteveE; 05-04-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
I dont mean to be rude. Not one bit, but have you aken into consideration that Pokerus Empire is a WiFi ONLY clan ...in a (Duo) field where battling is done both Shoddy (ugh) and WiFi. As is, we the Empire are having MINOR stinkts with rooting out the Crutch that is Shoddy with in our own ranks.

Its hard to keep a clan active not to mention its members.. who each have variyng levels of activity, both here in the WiFi section & in pe2k in general. cutting a few or some of my mates would hurt THEM and myself (by this I mean the Empire).
Personally I think the reason my Clan is @ FULL status is because WE want to feel rewarded for using our hard trained pokemon, --- I don't mind losing trust me--- but If i'm losing due to hacked mon.. I mean come on wheres the fun there..

In short yeah Im the newest clan leader by this I mean with the lowest post count, so ok my validity is still unreliable.? yeah.. But I've said it before..
I'm here to stay. and So is Pokerus Empire..
actually has anyone even thought far ahead as if & when Your clan Battles Pokerus Empire in a clan war.. NONE of my clan members that I know if DOES shoddy..

IN SHORT I for one.. am against this. because in the future I'd love to see a 9 vs 9 in a clan war against us some time..
honestly man this is something your going to have to work on, as the leader you should try to make things balanced in your clan. When i started my clan i didnt know anything about shoddy but as my clan grew is started to learn more and more until i reached the point that im at now. I understand like scuba does that clans have to have a balance.
which really has nothing to do with what scuba saying.

@ scuba i agree with the thought behind it, because it does get more people out there and more clan started. i just dont know how much it will work out here, based on individual activity

Last edited by Judge Dredd; 05-04-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

I am in full agreement with my fellow clan leader Mr420 and I stand by him firmly on this. Authoritarian rules that are not decided upon by the whole of PE2K in a democratic manner are not welcome by the Pokerus Empire. We will not accept such an arbitrary imposition.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~

Last edited by Akai Shizuku; 05-04-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

here is another 2 cents.
Originally when Pokerus Empire was started, ( & before I started it ) I made a keen observation
that is that battling was done shoddy & WiFi, which is why i went with the Dual competitive field.
trial and error right.
I found out that everyone doin shoddy is already comfortable where they are.
Im all for balancing out the field. and ok i might have actually misread the initial post.
I myself just had a clan member quit 2day unbeknownst to me but luckily Someone who wanted in that I feel has some credibility came by..keeping my clan at FULL/
all im saying at this point don't make me go shoddy.. & we're good.

Pokérus Empire
Old 05-04-2010, 04:29 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
here is another 2 cents.
Originally when Pokerus Empire was started, ( & before I started it ) I made a keen observation
that is that battling was done shoddy & WiFi, which is why i went with the Dual competitive field.
trial and error right.
I found out that everyone doin shoddy is already comfortable where they are.
Im all for balancing out the field. and ok i might have actually misread the initial post.
I myself just had a clan member quit 2day unbeknownst to me but luckily Someone who wanted in that I feel has some credibility came by..keeping my clan at FULL/
all im saying at this point don't make me go shoddy.. & we're good.
Lol, no one is making you play shoddy, but to just my 2 cents in on that little topic, I think you shouldn't make people stop playing shoddy because they're in your clan. I myself hate shoddy, but if someone that's in my clan wants to play it, then it's aok. See when SS was the leader of TDL, he had a rule that you must have shoddy to be in the clan. I really hated that rule, so when I took it over, I changed it. I think that's why TDL is so inactive now. No one wanted to join because we were too strict.(Nothing against SS though, he was a fine leader)

So are you supporting this or what, Mr420

I'm still thinking people are not getting what this means for the clans that have more then 10 or 12. Here's a better way to put it:

Think about it this way. The older teams with big rosters don't want to break up and cut members, gain their support. Give the oldest teams the grandfather rule, let them keep their roster, they wont add anyone until they naturally fall below the set limit. Which if the team limit idea works, will eventually happen. The world is about compromise. Some times you have to grease the hands of the big wigs to get anywhere. If they would have done this months ago, we might not have to have revisited the idea. Seems like a simple fix to me.

When people naturally make more teams, if someone sees a team they want to go to they will go. Eventually, everyone will be at limit, and you won't give some teams the displeasure of cutting team memebers or splitting.

That post was by thefizz on pojo.com.

Also anyone can post stating their opinions, not just clan leaders.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Niro Offline

Send a message via AIM to Niro Send a message via MSN to Niro

I approve of Stevee and DSL. With the limit set to 10 or 12 people would make more clans which would up the activity and maybe bring this dead place back to life. It's a battling center people, with only a few active clans you can't really have wars. Also our tourneys move relatively slow too and hell, no one seems to really battle unless it's between clans and how often does that happen?

"A true man never frets about his place in the world, but just slides into it by the gravitation of his nature, and swings there as easily as a star." Credit to Gemma for avvie.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Mystery The Fated Offline

I almost wanted to slap steve and dsl until I read the grand father portion. I'd agree on this proposal if that remains in the agreement, but the problem comes down to who's going to oversee that the rule is followed? Not that dsl will mind, but who wants to keep track of majority of other clans members?

That being said, I still favor the idea, though I'm going to hate the emergence of all the third rate clans (which will hopefully get better rather than spam the center....).

Std, you've earned a trip to the doctor for generic drugs. Pat yourself on the back.

O, and to std and dsl, if ya need me to clarify my thoughts on this proposal/shut someone down, just shoot me a pm.

And side note: Mr.420 I wouldn't go around hoping for a 9 v 9 war when 100% of your clan is wifi only.....diversity is a blessing. And to bring light to the hacked pokemon subject (seeing as you had gone off course first) I wouldn't complain too much about hacked pokemon as if your that good of a player, you'll know how to beat or determine what's hacked easily. So that excuse should really be non exsistant after this 2-3 year strech of playing.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery The Fated View Post
I almost wanted to slap steve and dsl until I read the grand father portion. I'd agree on this proposal if that remains in the agreement, but the problem comes down to who's going to oversee that the rule is followed? Not that dsl will mind, but who wants to keep track of majority of other clans members?

That being said, I still favor the idea, though I'm going to hate the emergence of all the third rate clans (which will hopefully get better rather than spam the center....).

Std, you've earned a trip to the doctor for generic drugs. Pat yourself on the back.

O, and to std and dsl, if ya need me to clarify my thoughts on this proposal/shut someone down, just shoot me a pm.

And side note: Mr.420 I wouldn't go around hoping for a 9 v 9 war when 100% of your clan is wifi only.....diversity is a blessing. And to bring light to the hacked pokemon subject (seeing as you had gone off course first) I wouldn't complain too much about hacked pokemon as if your that good of a player, you'll know how to beat or determine what's hacked easily. So that excuse should really be non exsistant after this 2-3 year strech of playing.
It would sort of a give and take kind of deal. Clan leaders would be responsible for keeping up with their clan member amount and a couple of people would look over them and make sure they are doing it.(really dsl really needs to be a mod)

I actually have another idea for that.....but it will have to wait.

It's cool, and I will if I need to. I'll probably have a poll for this, so you'll need to clarify them their I think some people didn't fully understand the proposal at the beginning, which was my fault for not explaining it well. Once they read about the grandfather rule, I think they'll understand it better.

I'm think that's a compliment so thanks Also if you don't mind, stop calling me std, I'm not a sexual transmitted disease xD Scuba or Stevee is fine.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

My clan doesn't plan on going above 10 members atm, so this doesn't really affect me much. However, I do agree with this. It'd be nice to see newer clans arise from this.

The PE2K battling center seems a lot more active than a month ago.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

geez what do i look like tony stark(iron man) watching over the superheros (clans) Mystery ! you made it seem like already simi watch peoples clans and make sure they're are following the rules....

with the number changing rule, maybe it better we go with a higher number and see how that works first. like 14 or 15 .

@blue is right in that activity is moving up

Old 05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Ahlat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ahlat

I agree with Scuba. We should lower down the number of people. Though that doesn't necessarily mean the battling centre will be active again, it could help though. Members need to become more active and then this idea could work better.

About who will see this followed through, I don't think that would be very hard to do. The clan leaders just need to see this followed through. It could be like a new rule to clans.