Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Cutting Down Size of Clans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlat View Post
I agree with Scuba. We should lower down the number of people. Though that doesn't necessarily mean the battling centre will be active again, it could help though. Members need to become more active and then this idea could work better.

About who will see this followed through, I don't think that would be very hard to do. The clan leaders just need to see this followed through. It could be like a new rule to clans.
almost all the clan leaders have seen this its gotten a mixed review. The idea is good but adjusting it might make more people happy. Scuba said what most of us were thinking, things need to adjust. Now my view would be to test clans 15 members, or give it a month and see what happens. because activity is really starting to pick up a lot, there are 3 new clans in last couple of weeks. At this rate we might not have to adjust anything.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Ahlat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ahlat

Testing the clans at 15 members is a good idea. We should try it. Though, would the clan leaders have to cut down on members for the fifteen? Or will we it just be reduced with by the grendfather rule. Also about the new clans, they might not necessarily work out. Even if they work out I still think we should try lowering the number, but to 15 like you suggested.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlat View Post
Testing the clans at 15 members is a good idea. We should try it. Though, would the clan leaders have to cut down on members for the fifteen? Or will we it just be reduced with by the grendfather rule. Also about the new clans, they might not necessarily work out. Even if they work out I still think we should try lowering the number, but to 15 like you suggested.
yes the numbers would have to drop at this point so we test it out at fifteen members a clan. it could go one of two ways,
1st if it works out, then with the infulx of new battlers you would see the appearence of new clans.
2nd if it didnt work out and 15 was still to many members we could drop it down another three or four to see if that will motivate more people to start clans

I think based on current trends we will see a huge spike in new members in the next two months, which means tons of new clans. The thing i worry about is that if we drop the number to low during times of inactivity clans would be mostly dead. just some things to think about

Old 05-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Mystery The Fated Offline

To be honest, I think 15 is currently too high. I say this because "dropping" 3-4 people from each clan wouldn't be significant enough to increase clan activity in the battle center. I'd side more with the 10-12 afromentioned proposal.

Oh, and like scuba said. Make dsl a friggin mod. Every other moderator in this section is never around other than one occasionally. (Add to poll steve)
Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery The Fated View Post
To be honest, I think 15 is currently too high. I say this because "dropping" 3-4 people from each clan wouldn't be significant enough to increase clan activity in the battle center. I'd side more with the 10-12 afromentioned proposal.

Oh, and like scuba said. Make dsl a friggin mod. Every other moderator in this section is never around other than one occasionally. (Add to poll steve)
Sorry mystery i have not saved up enough posts to buy that mod prize..LOL seriously man it means a lot you think i would be good at that

here are some things to think about, remember that i am for this change. just thought you should know the only bad thing about it that i could think of

The clan index rules were posted to give everyone a chance to battle, for the most part they have worked at least in my eyes. The rules do not favor smaller clans though
This is going to be the big con to worry about here, based on the activity of members you can never predict when people are going to just leave or stop posting
USB faced the problem of hanging enough members to be a clan but not enough members to battle in two wars back to back. Now teo made the rule so clans would give everyone a chance to battle, because sadly some people would only ever put there best out there with out ever giving the other battlers a try. If we decrease the number to say ten we run a big risk of clans not being able to battle in wars that often because it would be breaking the current rule. For this reason I suggested trying out the clans at 15 and seeing how they handle it at that level. That’s not to say it cant be dropped again but we have to really consider how often are battling center becomes inactive.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Royal Pichu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Royal Pichu

Wouldn't it make more sense to just advertise the forum rather than cut down members. If you can influence a clan from a different forum to open their clan here it would somewhat raise activity. The thing is you can't expect new members to join when you want to, it just happens.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:42 PM

I've no problem with the progressive decrease of numbers, so long as the goal is realized. However, I will state that you can't expect the old rules to follow through with new procedures. Sometimes amendments are required to keep things flowing.

I'm sure a clan leader meeting to revamp the clan index rules would be possible especially seeing that this generation of leaders are all on the same thought process this time around.

Opinions and ideas are what this place is lacking, and with the talent of some of these people, I'm sure we can have it up and running by summer.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

A new rule could be fixed in place along with this.

The rule about swapping out 3 members between each war stands, but if a clan cannot swap out three members (such as a clan with 5 members), they can use the previous 3 members, or at least a combination of this.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Royal Pichu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Royal Pichu

Quote:
I've no problem with the progressive decrease of numbers, so long as the goal is realized. However, I will state that you can't expect the old rules to follow through with new procedures. Sometimes amendments are required to keep things flowing.

I'm sure a clan leader meeting to revamp the clan index rules would be possible especially seeing that this generation of leaders are all on the same thought process this time around.

Opinions and ideas are what this place is lacking, and with the talent of some of these people, I'm sure we can have it up and running by summer.
Of course this place will be up and running during the summer, more people have more free time in which activity will pick up. People these days have school and other activities to do.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Raiden Offline
Experienced Trainer

I think this idea is a really good suggest for the PE2K Battling centre, Since I t will let other new clans rise among the older clans and make the part of the forum very active which means more wars which ends up with more fun ^.^
Old 05-05-2010, 01:17 AM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth

If this actually goes ahead, is the first step of my return. 10 members per clan is fine, since most part of the wars around here is 5v5.
I really miss the gold times...

-Hector
Old 05-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Here's a question that I would like to ask...

WAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaayyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYY back when I first came to PE2K, there was a rule that a clan that appeared here n PE2K, had to be a PE2K exclusive clan.

What I mean is, if there were a clan on another "popular Pokemon related forum", and then a version of that clan, under the same name showed up here, what would happen?

Is this still against the rules of the clans section of PE2K?

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:42 AM

That's a stupid rule imo. It probably was enacted so activity didn't leave the forum.

To answer your question no it does not exsist anymore which means you can bring branch two of 7ds here. (Which I believe you are implying)
Old 05-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
That's a stupid rule imo. It probably was enacted so activity didn't leave the forum.

To answer your question no it does not exsist anymore which means you can bring branch two of 7ds here. (Which I believe you are implying)
Nope, actually I stepped down as leader of 7DS over there------------->.

I am still a member...Just not the leader.

I have something else in mind though, should some of these other amazing ideals come into play.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:

lol mystery thats still a rule, its just been a general rule for years.. you cant bring a clan that in any way promotes another forum.

Closed Thread