Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG/Fan-Fic of the Year 2009)[Chapter 14 Preview]

Ah, shucks! Thanks, Shion. ^^

Hey, I'm sure you're fic will be awesome! I can't wait to see it finally. :D How's it going, by the way?

Oh, and on another note I have somewhat of a little announcement: School has snuck up on me again, and though I wanted to get another chapter up for this before the new semester started... it just didn't happen. So, I might take me another little bit for me to finish it up, but I hafta beg for a little patience, yeah? Again, sorry it's taking so long, but I'm not giving up on this, just to let you know. ^^

Old 04-23-2010, 03:13 PM
raichude Offline

Aww jeez! I want a new chapter already!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

You know what? Me too. xD

Okay, I'll make it a goal to post a new chapter next friday, 'kay? Can't promise it will happen, what with how much college expects from ya (2 hours outside of class per hour of class; I have about five, so that makes about five hours of school, then ten hours of homework, but luckily it doesn't usually take that much, and I'm on an A day B day schedule; still, it eats up time xD). If not, I owe everyone cake. xD

Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 AM
DarkraiRaider Offline

This is as awesome as before Char! Keep it up!

Jacob Black: *kisses DR* Yeah, I agree this is great.

Dustfinger: *mock punches Jacob* *jokingly* Get a room! Just joking. Seriously, I think this is great.

Edward Cullen: I agree with DR, Jake, and Dustfinger. This is amazing.

All from my four books I've written. *hugs Jacob*
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Ah, shucks! Thanks, Shion. ^^

Hey, I'm sure you're fic will be awesome! I can't wait to see it finally. :D How's it going, by the way?

Oh, and on another note I have somewhat of a little announcement: School has snuck up on me again, and though I wanted to get another chapter up for this before the new semester started... it just didn't happen. So, I might take me another little bit for me to finish it up, but I hafta beg for a little patience, yeah? Again, sorry it's taking so long, but I'm not giving up on this, just to let you know. ^^
It's coming along alright I guess. I have a prologue done and I'm writing the first chapter. Once I get a couple more chapters or so done I'll post them.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Sweet, Shion! Can't wait! ^^

Well, sorry for the long wait, guys; I didn't quite make my goal (er, yeah... it's been a week, I know ^^'), but I'm pleased to announce the next chapter! :D It's as appropriately lengthy as the wait you guys had to go through, and finally it progresses into Kanto! We're gonna meet a new character today Hope you don't mind having him in here, but he's the first of a handful of canon characters that will be appearing in this fic. But I better not say anymore.

Chapter Fourteen: Kanto

Emma fiddled with her necklace, rubbing her fingers over its smooth, blue stone amulet as she waited outside the medical tent. She waited nervously for someone to come out to let her know how Weston was going to be, but the seconds ticked by all too slowly. Biting her lip, she looked past its cream-colored fabric at the rest of Knight’s camp. Soon after they were rescued, these “Knights of the Aura” had taken the Rangers here to rest up. The camp was located just outside of the Chroma Highlands, south of the Ruins themselves. Even from here, she could spot the columns of dismal grey stone rising at the crest of a grassy hill just beyond the perimeter of the camp.

“Emma?” a concern voice spoke behind her shoulder, and she turned to see an older woman with long, black hair standing behind her. Immediately, Emma turned to attention, recognizing her as one of her superiors.

“Miss Deliah,” she stammered, wishing she didn’t look as if she had been crying all day. Her eyes were still moist and red, though she tried to appear as professional as she could in her broken state.

“No need for formalities, dear,” Deliah put her hand on the young Ranger’s shoulder, speaking with a much softer tone than Emma could ever remember her using. Usually Miss Deliah was sharp-tongued and strict, as mean as a grouchy Ursaring. Now, however, she looked small and diminished, but mostly concerned as she looked over this frail, teenage Ranger. “How are you doing?”

Emma at first didn’t know how to respond to this new Deliah, caught entirely off guard. For a moment, she stared at her in incredulity until she finally found words. “I-I’m doing okay.”

Miss Deliah looked at her kindly, as if she understood how Emma really felt within. “And Weston?”

“I… I don’t know.” Tears started to well up in her eyes again, and she looked away. The Ranger’s leader looked away, casting her eyes on the ground. She seemed to be struggling with something to say to comfort the distraught Ranger, but she just managed a tiny whisper.

“I’m sorry.”

Emma just nodded her head, not trusting herself to speak right then. All the emotion was coming back to her, and she didn’t want to break down again. Especially in front of her superior.

“Emma, I really am sorry,” Miss Deliah continued, “for the way I acted back there. I had given up all hope, but you and Weston refused to give up. I didn’t mean to snap at you like I did. If anything, I should have been there with you, trying to hold back that door. I’ve been an awful leader to all of you young Rangers.”

“No, don’t say that, Miss Deliah,” Emma shook her head, though her next words sounded much too hollow. “You… You tried your best.”

Fixing her moist eyes on the younger Ranger, Miss Deliah shook her head. “No. I didn’t. I failed all of you. If anyone here deserves to be a leader, it was Weston. I had never seen such bravery in any of my recruits.”

Emma looked back towards the medical tent, still trying to reign in her tears. But her voice falters as she said, “He was my best friend, Miss Deliah. Almost a brother to me. I wouldn’t have made it as a Ranger without him. He helped me overcome my fears, and led me on adventures I thought I would never have. I would give anything to have him back.”

That had done it. Now the tears were flowing down her face once more like miniature rivers. Emma suddenly found herself in Miss Deliah’s embrace, crying into her shoulder, as the woman tried to comfort her. Both remained silent while tears on either sides fell, but the two had cried so much that not many flowed. In a matter of minutes, they felt drained but little better. Before they could speak to each other, the tent’s entrance opened up as a man dressed in a white cloak came out.

“Docter?” Emma immediately jumped to her feet, startling the Knight’s doctor.

“You are Emma, correct?” he asked as he recovered from his jolt.

“Yes, I am.”

The doctor took in a deep breath, and then said very slowly, “I have good and bad news.”

Just what Emma dreaded, but she nodded, “Continue.”

“We have the Ranger stabilized. However, he remains comatose with the nightmare still plaguing him. I doubt that he will awaken from it by himself.”

Emma’s heart sunk, and suddenly the world seemed a much darker place. She looked down to the ground, dejected and defeated. With a quivering voice, she managed to ask, “Can… Can I see him?”

The Knight’s medic nodded, and stepped aside for her to get in. Biting her lip, the young Ranger slipped into the tent’s darkness with the doctor and Miss Deliah right behind. Light dimly filtered in from outside, but a bright lamp had been set up on the tent’s ceiling. It illuminated the pale face of a young boy who suddenly winced from something within his dreams. He lay there in a cot awfully still, with only his chest rising up and down. IVs were connected to his wrists, allowing precious fluids and nutrients to enter into his nerve-wracked body.

Emma came and solemnly sat on a stool by his side, though her face betrayed no emotion. She reached out and took his hand into hers, feeling a spasm of shivers running up his arm as she did so. Her broken heart shattered more as she saw him in this diminished state, and questions began running wildly though her head. Why couldn’t it have been her? Why didn’t she step out and challenge the man, instead of poor Weston?
Now she began to regret coming into the tent. This was not the way I wanted to remember him. No! she stopped herself. She couldn’t think that way! She was going to see him again and she was going to make sure of it.

“Is there any way?” she asked the doctor in a firm voice.

“There aren’t many cures for nightmares this advanced,” he shook his head, but then stopped himself. “But…”

“But what?” She spun around to face him.

“I shouldn’t tell you-”

“Tell me,” she spoke with fierce determination of the likes she had never before expressed.

“Well,” the doctor looked uncertainly at Miss Deliah. “There’s this legend that tells of a cure.”

Again he paused, and the girl Ranger grew impatient. Why did the grown-ups have to act so ridiculously at times? She could handle whatever he threw at her; she wasn’t a little girl anymore. “Just tell me,” she pressed.

“Darkrai is said to cast those around him into deep and frightening nightmares. He is the personification of the darkness. But, there is another Pokémon who is said to be just the opposite: a representation of light. Apparently, it can bring those trapped in Darkrai’s prison out of their nightmares.”

“What Pokémon is that?”

“Cresselia.”

Emma stood up with her hands closed into tight fists. Her next question rolled off her tongue without giving it too much thought. “Where can I find Cresselia?”

“Find Cresselia?” the doctor sputtered, his eyes growing wide at this ludicrous inquiry. “You don’t actually intend to-”

“Where?”

“She could be anywhere,” Another voice answered for the astounded medic, but it came from no direction in particular. Everyone within that tent, however, knew to turn their heads to the tent’s entrance, for the voice was telepathic. In the burning light of the afternoon sun stood a wizened old Swampert, leaning heavily on a wooden staff. The Mudfish Pokémon’s skin was tinted with gray, and seemed a little more shriveled than the average Swampert, but there was an air of wisdom about the elderly Pokémon that deserved deep respect.

“Sir Meryon,” the doctor immediately bowed, stepping out of the way as he did. From his example, Miss Deliah and Emma dipped their heads as well - since neither one knew how to do a proper curtsy.

The Swampert licked his cracked lips as his pale eyes blinked, though they remained fixed on Emma. “Child, are you willing to travel to the very ends of the earth to save your friend, if needs be?”

Emma became shy at the appearance of a veteran Knight, but her spark of determination still lingered. “I’d do anything, sir.”

Sir Meryon gravely nodded, then hobbled farther into the tent with his staff making a muffled thud as it hit the grassy ground. He rested a large, flat, and webbed hand on the corner of Weston’s bed to steady himself as he continued, “Cresselia does indeed hold the key to awaken him. But she travels across the world as she pleases, so finding her shall be no easy task. However, the old legends say that she has a nest that she always returns to. Off the northern coast of Sinnoh lies a small island uninhabited by humans. Traditionally, it has been dubbed Full Moon Island, for its round shape. It is there that you should seek out a Lunar Wing.”

“L-lunar wing? What is that?” asked Emma.

Once again the Swampert licked his cracked lips, looking back up at her. “It is a feather that one can only receive from Cresselia herself; a wing that holds her power to dispel nightmares or prevent them. If you have a pure heart and good intentions, then Cresselia will grant you such a precious treasure. Bring it back here, and it shall bring this lad back from the world of woe.”

Emma stood back a moment, taking all of this information. A quest lay before her now, something that both scared and excited her. She had never embarked on something like this on her own, before. Weston was the one who usually pushed her into his little adventures, or else Headquarters gave her a mission. Sinnoh was only a short boat ride away, through the Almnoh Sea to the south. Surely she could manage that much, but truthfully the idea of leaving Almia scared her. She had spent almost all her life here after moving from Johto at a very young age. How could she do this? Nervously, she looked down at her feet, but out of the corner of her eye she saw Weston twitch.

“Emma . . . ,” he mumbled in his sleep, sending shivers running up his friend’s back. She felt her stomach give an uncomfortable turn. He was having a nightmare about her? What was he seeing?

“I’ll do it,” she glanced back up at Sir Meryon, whose wrinkled old face lifted in a smile.

“I have no doubt,” he chuckled.

“But how is she going to get to Sinnoh?” Miss Deliah finally spoke up, causing heads to turn. “All the major ports are blockaded. There’s no way she could catch a boat to Sinnoh.”

“I suggest that she takes a ship from a different port,” he replied, unabashed. “One to the east.”

“The east?” the Ranger Captain looked doubtful. “Where’s there a port in the east? Last I heard, Haruba Village was conquered.”

“I didn’t say it had to be in Almia,” the old Swampert regarded her as-a-matter-of-factly.

Realization suddenly dawned on Miss Deliah, causing the color to drain on her face. “You don’t mean . . . You can’t send her to Orre!”

Emma’s eyes grew wide as she heard the name. She had heard plenty about the neighboring region. All the rumors said that the land was a lawless cesspool of ruffians and thugs, and not too long ago there had been a startling skirmish of uprising and cases of extreme Pokémon abuse. It had to be the last place on this planet that she wanted to go.

“I don’t see why not,” Sir Meryon went on, as casual as he could be. “Gateon Port is a sizable place. I imagine she’ll easily find passage to Sinnoh from there.”

“But Orre’s full of those scoundrels who-”

“Have been taken care of, my dear. It may have taken a while, but Orre’s old wounds are beginning to heal. There’s reason to be cautious, for sure, but it’s not as dangerous as before, madam. And, she won’t be going alone.”

“I won’t, sir?” Emma blinked, confused. She was just beginning to accept the idea of solitude, but just what did this old Knight mean?

“Of course not. I shall send a Knight to accompany you until you find a ship.”

Emma’s shoulders dipped in relief, but she remembered her manners. “Thank you, Sir Meryon.”

The Swampert just stared back, then after a moment of silence he said, “Your heart is strong, young Ranger. There will be great obstacles in this quest of yours, but I know that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Don’t ever give up, and don’t ever forget who you are.”

After that cryptic message, the venerable old Pokémon turned his bent back away from the Rangers and disappeared into the world of light outside. Emma watched him leave with many unanswered questions swimming through her head. Her heart was strong? That couldn’t be right; she thought that she was the most cowardly of all the Ranger recruits. She nearly failed Ranger School, of all things. Was that just encouraging ramble to help her feel better?

“Who was that, doctor?” she quietly asked the medic, though her eyes never left the tent’s entrance.

“Sir Meryon of the Knight’s grand council, a wise and important Pokémon. But come now. We’d better leave Weston to his slumber. You, young lady, have a quest to prepare for.”

Emma only nodded, her hand absentmindedly rising to the blue stone hanging from her neck.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Lazily, the sun continued its accent to the sky, warming the rugged backs of the mountains. The skies above were bright and clear, without a cloud to be seen. What a perfect afternoon it seemed to the inhabitants of a city resting at the foot of the slopes! Of course, they had the protection of shade and water from the relentless sunrays, which the brave band of travelers descending into the valley couldn’t speak much of. Still, they couldn’t help but feel relieved to be on this side of the Gates. After a day or two of trekking the barren trails weaving through the maze of stone and grit, with nothing but heat and sweat, they would soon arrive in Kanto. The only human in the group could only think of soaking in the first river she ran across in this new region.

Gazing down at the twinkling city below her, she recalled the day they started the hike up the mountain. A rapid change of scenery quickly took place as they left behind the forest of Lunnori: The tangled crowns of the cottonwoods became completely replaced by the pin-straight trunks of pines and spruces. White wisps of cotton disappearing as the slope of the terrain turned drastically stepper. The trail Troy led them on had constantly changed course to avoid sharp drop-offs and cliffs. Eventually, the trees altogether vanished. Gray stone replaced the brown bark of trunks, and the only vegetation--if any--consisted of dry sagebrush or course grass. A deafening silence replaced the cheerful background songs of birds and wildlife. The sun then began to bare down on them mercilessly, and it dried Aislyn out like a prune. She knew that she had countless sunburns all over her skin, and that she was close to dehydration.

Her companions looked just as miserable as she did, though the Knights had a certain way of bearing their burdens with grace. Each held their head high, and never once complained, thought this couldn’t be said for their Legendary accompaniment. They tried all they could to preserve their water, but under the crushing heat they found it depleting faster than they liked. With its lack, the Grass-type Celebi quickly grew grouchy. It was enough to say that he wasn’t the only one looking forward to him finding a good, long drink.

“Hanging in there, Thyme?” Aislyn checked on the little guy, who had taken to riding with her on Dewy.

Opening a lazy eye, he merely muttered under his breath, “The sooner the better…”

She was genuinely worried about him, as he was more prone to dehydration then any of them. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be long now until they were back under the cover of the trees. The heavenly green branches of hardwoods were rising up to meet them, to embrace them in their cool shadows. Then… They’d be in Kanto.

“Troy?” she turned to ask the Gallade, astride his Doduo beside her. “What’s that city down there?”

His red irises briefly followed her gaze before he answered, “That would be Cerulean City.”

“Cerulean City? Is that where we’re headed?”

Troy chuckled, shaking his head. “That’s where we are avoiding. Remember what Lady Silver said: we need to avoid the roads and cities.”

“Wait,” Aislyn cocked her head slightly, trying to understand. “Then where are we headed to?”

“There,” he pointed eastward with his thin, green arms. “See that cape north of the city? Where that old road runs? There’s a cottage resting by the coastline, and that is our destination.”

“Is that where our mysterious aid is coming from?” Frostpaw padded up to their side, her white fur coated with a fine dust from the dry trail. Aislyn looked to him expectantly to answer her question, remembering him mentioning that he knew someone who could help them locate the trio of Kanto.

The corner of the Gallade’s thin mouth lifted. “Yes.”

“Who is it?” the Absol asked, suddenly growing suspicious.

“Someone I know we can trust,” Troy’s smile faded as he proceeded slowly. “He’s a human known as Bill, an inventor and scientist. Lately, he’s done some research into the Legendary Birds of Johto.”

“How do you know this?” she narrowed her eyes.

Aislyn was surprised by the sudden vehemence Frostpaw was showing. She glanced between the Pokémon in confusion, wondering what was going on.

“I found him one day when he was in a spot of trouble,” continued Troy cautiously. “I helped him out, and in return he offered to repay me in some way. He gave me food and shelter, and showed me a little about who he was and what he did.”

Frostpaw didn’t reply. Instead, she turned away from him to gaze at the city below through narrowed eyes.

Curious, Aislyn couldn’t help but interrupt with a question to Troy. “What does this guy do, exactly?”

“Well,” Troy fumbled with his words, looking uncomfortable. “He, uh, he works with computers and Pokémon quite often. He invented some sort of a popular… device of sorts that Trainers use quite often.”

Aislyn blinked, only to laugh to herself as she realized something. Who would have guessed it? Troy was actually clueless about something: technology. Well, she’d have to find out what Bill really did straight from the horse’s mouth.

“Humph,” Frostpaw suddenly interjected, lifting her chin up. “I hope you know what you’re doing, Sir Troy.”

The Absol raced off ahead of them, leaving them in the dust and dark. Aislyn watched her go in perplexity, wondering what had gotten in to her. She looked to Troy for an explanation, but he just watched her go in stoic silence. What did she miss? What was going on? This wasn’t like the Frostpaw she knew…

But then again, what did she know about Frostpaw?

Skullburn’s pack had been resting in the shade of Kanto’s oaks, lazily sleeping the day away. Their leader had been cautious of drawing attention to themselves, especially since they were so close to human territory, and so he had been limited their movement. After their mad race across the regions and sudden switch to stalking mode, they still weren’t allowed to hunt as frequently as was appropriate. With empty stomachs and no apparent initiatives, the pack was dangerously losing morale and murmuring was spreading around like a deadly disease. But what did Skullburn care about their problems? If nothing was trifling him, why should he trouble himself with their complaints? Of course, he never had to deal with mutiny. Any pack he previously dealt with were strictly disciplined, or even feared the fierce, high-ranking Houndoom.

This pack had only been assembled for one purpose: a quick hunt. Quick. The Dark Army had seen fit to treat such a mission as a training expedition, a way to give the new recruits some experience, and so younger Houndoom were placed in this pack under Skullburn’s command. Now that their objectives had changed, these fresh trainees were left confused and frustrated. One among them was especially contentious and ambitious. He went by the name of Ashclaw, and since day one he had decided that he did not like Skullburn. Not at all. Ideas had been planted in his head which were growing into something treasonous. He was not like most of the other new recruits; he was stronger and fitter, more observant and patient like a hidden viper. He watched his new leader closely, but he did not enjoy seeing his fellow comrades suffer under Skullburn’s neglect. Simply put, he thought that the pack could be run much more efficiently.

“This is pointless,” one of Ashclaw’s comrades, Grimflame, growled to him that afternoon, his lip curling into a sneer. “What are we doing out here?”

The two of them sat at the edge of the encampment, looking over the other miserable Houndoom sitting around with nothing to do.

“Wasting time,” Ashclaw bitterly replied, flicking his long tail in annoyance.

Grimflame snorted in agreement, but added, “While we’re starving. What’d I’d give for a bite to eat!”

Ashclaw inclined his head slightly in agreement, but coolly suggested, “You know what bothers me most?”

The other Houndoom, much bulkier and gruff then sleeker Ashclaw, turned his pointy snout toward him in mild interest. “What?”

“How do we know that this is truly the Dark one’s will?” he offered nonchalantly.
Grimflame realized that this was treasonous talk, but he wasn’t alarmed at all. He only quirked his eyebrow in curiosity.

“It just doesn’t make sense,” continued Ashclaw. “Why would he change his mind so suddenly? Why wouldn’t he want to capture and destroy his enemy’s last hope? You know what I think?” he lowered his voice, not wanting to be overheard by Skullburn’s loyal followers. “This is all his scheme. Skullburn is purposely leading us astray. He wants to use Cresselia’s brat for his own purposes.”

“You don’t say,” Grimflame looked away into the distance thoughtfully. “Well, that’s pretty decent of him. But you know what they say; Skullburn has some voodoo connection or something with the Great One.”

“Lies, all of it,” Ashclaw lifted his snout. “He only passes around such rumors to get us to fear him, but I’m no fool. He’s the fool.”

Letting out a full-out growl, Grimflame narrowed his eyes at Ashclaw. “We’ve been tricked this whole time! I don’t believe it. We should kill the coward right here and now!”

“Patience, Grimflame,” soothed Ashclaw with his silky voice. “We’re too outnumbered for now. There are too many hearts here still loyal to Skullburn’s leadership.”

“Then what do you suggest we do?”

“Simple. We leave and fulfill Darkrai’s real goal: find and slay the girl.”

A devilish grin quickly spread across Grimflame’s face. “I could go for that.”

Closing her eyes, Aislyn took in a welcoming breath, savoring its cool, moist feel in her dried-out lungs. Finally, her daring group had reached the base of the Gates of Kanto, finding relief in the shelter of the trees once more. Frostpaw had returned, having located a clean mountain spring where they could refill their canteens. The young teen had taken the liberty of washing the trial’s dirt from her face and hands, though she longed for a proper and lengthy bath. Still, she could cope. With renewed spirits, the gang continued down the valley, reluctantly following a gravel road that was the only entrance to into the valley cape where Bill supposedly resided. Troy took great care to avoid being seen by the casual passersby, but Aislyn didn’t wonder at that. They must look like such a strange group, a single teenager traveling on a Doduo with two fully evolved Pokemon with the same steeds. But luckily, they only passed someone once, and there had been enough brush to hide them from him.

“I am wondering how much this Bill will be knowing of us, Sir Troy,” Gunuru asked soon after they stumbled back out on the road.

“He knows enough,” Troy answered, taking a cautious side-glance at Frostpaw, who remained impassive. “But we shouldn’t share any details of our quest with him, for his own good as much as ours. This will be our cover story: Aislyn, you are the daughter of a good friend of mine, of which I am escorting you to. Gunuru and Frostpaw--”

“I won’t be joining you,” the Absol quickly cut in.

“Pardon?” Troy looked at her, taken aback.

“I shall stay within the perimeters, but I won’t be meeting this Bill,” she sharply explained, putting emphasis on the researcher’s name.

“Frostpaw, he isn’t like--”

“I do not care. My mind is made up,” she glared threateningly at the Gallade.

Gravely, Troy nodded. “If that is what you wish. Gunuru, you’re one of Aislyn’s father’s Pokémon. You act as a personal body guard to her, but I must ask that you do not speak.”

“Ah, of course,” Gunuru beamed, not at all effected by Frostpaw’s dark mood. “I shall be, as they say, quiet as a mouse.”

“Hey, what about me?” Thyme piped up, floating between the Gallade and the Medicham. “What am I?”

“Well, Master Celebi,” answered Troy, smiling slightly. “I think it would be best if Bill didn’t see you. You are, after all, a Legend.”

“Oh. You got a point there,” the Celebi looked slightly disappointed, but quickly straightened up. “All right, I’ll just wait for this little business to get over, too. Find some nice tree to get a well-deserved rest, catching up on all that sleep I’ve been missing out on. Yeah, you guys have fun with the wacky scientist and all. I’ll meet up with you later.”

With that, Thyme buzzed off into the forest with his arms spread out like a glider. His green hide was quickly lost in the foliage in the trees, but Aislyn could hear his insect-like wing beats vibrating against the trunks. She was rather sad to see the Celebi leave, even if it was only for a little while. Even with his unusually grumpy attitude earlier, he had grown into a good friend. Half-hoping that this business wouldn’t take too long, Aislyn reached over and fluffed the feather’s around Dewy’s second head. Just as she was about to encourage the Doduo forward, Frostpaw suddenly stepped into their path.

“Aislyn,” she spoke softly through her telepathy, “be cautious. Do not put your full trust into this human. He may have some way he can aid us, but he can still be a danger. He is an opportunity, not a reliance.”

The young girl’s mouth fell open in surprise. She quickly glanced up to Troy and Gunuru to see if they had heard, but the two continued down the path in ignorance.

“They cannot hear this exchange,” Frostpaw explained, noticing her straying eyes. “It is possible to close telepathy to just two individuals, though it takes practice. Listen, Miss Bright: after Sir Troy has his aura lesson with you tonight, I want you to come find me.”

“Okay,” she answered a little reluctantly, unsure if it was proper of her to agree to this. Still, she was curious to see what was going through Frostpaw’s mind. “What for?”

“We each have something we can teach you, Aislyn. Sir Troy can teach you all he wants about aura, but I can offer something that will help you just as much. I wish to teach you about opening your mind to Telepathy.”

“I can do that?” All reluctance melted away, replaced by sudden eagerness.
“Anyone can, with an open mind and enduring patience,” the Absol’s face lifted up in a little smile, and she seemed to chuckle slightly. “You might even have more potential than most students.”

“All right then,” Aislyn nodded, trying to be serious but couldn’t help but sound excited. “Where should I find you?”

“Don’t stray too far from the cottage, but just go into the woods. I’ll be waiting nearby. Remember, Aislyn: don’t accept everything this scientist has to say at its face value. Be cautious.”

The graceful Absol turned away, and with her powerful limbs, pounced into the forest after Thyme. She moved with such agility and speed that Aislyn soon lost track of her white fur blurring through the green and brown hues of the trees.

“Miss Bright?” Gunuru’s audible voice attracted her attention. She turned to see him and Troy waiting for her with their steeds pulled off to the side of the road.

“Coming!” the teen remembered herself, and pressed Dewy into a trot. With just the three of them, along with the three steeds, the party continued eastward. The salty smell of the ocean grew stronger as they neared the beach, and before too long the trees thinned out into a hill of long, coarse yellow grass mixed with colorful splashes of blooming wildflowers. On their left, a steep and craggy cliff richly colored with chocolate hues folded around the cope like a protective arm. Beyond it stretched the vast blue tundra of the ocean, disappearing far into the horizon. Aislyn was briefly reminded of their visit to the Cliff of Will, but being this level with the ocean was quite a different perspective. Somehow, it just didn’t seem as impressive.

The road bulged into a cul-de-sac, just short of their destination: a lonely cottage sitting close to the edge of the cape. Roughly a story high, it looked modern with its abstract, angular design. It had large windows facing the beaches, and a shallow roof that was shaped more like a trapezoid than the traditional triangle. The shingles were shiny like pure-black obsidian, and Aislyn soon realized that they were solar panels. The trio dismounted the Doduo--Aislyn returning them to their Poké Balls--before casually approaching the porch. Troy seemed confident in his step, though Aislyn couldn’t help but feel a little apprehensive, especially after Frostpaw’s warning. All sorts of questions ran through her head. Who was this Bill? What was he like? Could they trust him? Was he weird?

“Does everyone remember our stories?” Troy asked, looking over her and Gunuru as he lifted a hand to the door. Before his hand could make contact however, the house violently shook in its frame from a sudden ruckus within.

“Dang nab it!” they heard a muffle voice curse and coughed inside. “Stupid, good for nothin’ , rusty, junky… Wa-AH!”

Troy, Gunuru, and Aislyn each exchanged brief baffled looks. The Gallade rapped firmly against the door, his telepathic voice reaching out to anyone near:

“Bill? Is everything okay?”

The steady stream of ambiguous, made-up curses suddenly stopped.

“E-er, w-who is it?” the person inside answered in a distracted and shaky voice.

“Bill, it’s me: Troy. What’s going on?”

“Troy? Oh, Troy! Hold yer horses, I’ll be right thar. Just gimme a sec to--”

Something sounding rather heavy and metallic clashed to the ground, followed by another stream of cursing. It was quite some time before the front door finally opened, releasing a cloud of smoke and a young man covered in what looked like soot. He had somewhat pale skin, but a wild mess of chestnut, curly hair topped his head, but he hardly looked the part of the scientist. When he spoke, it was with a heavily southern country accent, while the polo shirt and khakis he wore made him look more like a skinny golfer that had decided to mess with things he had no business dealing with. Where was the white lab coat and the massive, nerdy glasses?

“Well, howdy!” he straightened up, trying to retain some dignity. “I didn’ reckon I’d be see-yun you so soon. What brings ya back to this neck of the woods?”

Troy took a moment to look over the man’s shoulders along with Gunuru and Aislyn into the house before replying.

“Bill? What on earth are you doing?” The Gallade sounded worried but amused at the same time.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

“Ah, well,” Bill sniffed, shifting his stance in the doorway. Pointing sharply over his back towards a machine that was set up against the back wall, he said, “That was just another failed experiment. Gosh knows I can’t get any farther with this darn project, and it didn’ help that someone was messin’ where she shouldn’t have. I hafta say, I’m gettin’ pretty fed up with this.”

“Sorry to hear that,” Troy frowned sympathetically.

“Ah, it was a ridiculous idea anyway. I should just stick to the system the way it is now.” The man looked at Gunuru and Aislyn as if noticing them for the first time. “Say, who’s yer friends?”

“This young lady is Aislyn Bright, the daughter of a good friend of mine,” Troy began the introductions, smoothly following the story he had concocted earlier. “I have been asked by her father to escort her to his office in Pallet Town. This is one of his Pokémon, Gunuru, who’s accompanying us for the journey.”

The Medicham remembered not to speak and instead he preformed a simple bow, placing his hands together and bending at the waist. Aislyn wasn’t quite sure what to think of this man, but she politely offered to shake his hand, saying, “It’s nice to meet you, Bill.”
The researcher accepted the shake, dipping his head in a goofy manner as he said, “Nice to meet chu, too. What can I do for y’all?”

Troy stood up to be their spokesperson, explaining, “We actually came to talk to you about your research. You see, Aislyn’s father works in the lab back in Pallet Town, and he’s interested in your findings, particularly about the Legendary Bird Pokémon.”

“Well, shoot! I s’pose could help ya out a bunch, in that case. Why doncha step in?” Bill stood off to the side, only to remember the chaotic mess his home was in. The electrical smoke still plagued the air, only beginning to waft through the open windows and vents. A spinning red light was energetically flashing above the intimidating hunk of machinery centered in the room beyond the door, all buttons, metal and monitors as far as the travelers could tell. Rethinking things, the researcher suggested, “Uh, how about we just go ‘round back?”

“Sounds fair to me,” smiled Troy graciously, and stepped aside for the man to walk by. However, the scientist hung back, facing some unseen corner inside.

“Olive? Olive!” his voice grew stern as he placed his hands on his hip. “You get yer sorry hide out here right now, Olive!”

Nothing seemed to reply. Aislyn furrowed her eyebrows and tried to peek in through the doorway, wondering what was bothering the scientist. Was he mad? From Bill’s disgruntled appearance--his curly hair tangled in a wild mess and his quirky manner-- that wasn’t too hard to believe. But who was Olive? Fortunately, she didn’t have to wait too long to find out.

“Don’t make me come after ya,” Bill continued to threaten, neck stuck out of his shoulders.

Reluctantly, a ball of blackened fur stumbled into their view. It couldn’t have been any bigger than a foot or so tall, but with its filthy state Aislyn wasn’t sure what exactly it was. She knew for certain it had long, pointy ears and a rather bushy tail, but that was the extent of her observations. The little creature shook its head, its ears flopping against its body noisily until a tiny sneeze escaped its small snout. Bill suddenly seemed to soften up, letting out a long sigh.

“Look what you’ve done, ya silly gal,” he scolded, though gently. “You got yer fur all dirty. Get over here, now.”

Head downcast, the creature dragged itself over to the researcher’s feet, never meeting his eyes. For a brief moment, it considered Aislyn and her friends in curiosity, but under Bill’s grouchy gaze it didn’t linger long.

Bill reached down and picked it up under its forelegs, turning it to face the inside of the Sea Cottage. “Take a good look,” said he. “This… This is why we don’t go messing in thing we shouldn’t. If ya listened to me, this wouldn’t have happened, now would it?”

Olive flattened her ears and rubbed her front paws together in an ashamed matter. Against her will, she was turned back around to face Bill once more. Aislyn couldn’t help but feel sorry for her. What was it that she had done that made the researcher so upset? She began to wonder if perhaps the Pokémon had somehow caused the explosion they had heard earlier. Yet something didn’t make sense: how could such a tiny creature cause something that big?

“Now promise me you’ll pay better attention to my orders, okay?” he continued.

“Vee…,” the Pokémon relented, earning a small smile and a head-scratch from the man.

He folded her up into her arms, rubbing the top of her head affectionately, before returning to face his guests. “Ah, Eevee. What can ya do? They’re curious lil’ buggers. Can’t help but get their paws into whatever they can. So, how ’bout we stray around to the back patio? I’ll get some glasses of some nice, cold lemonade. How’s that sound?”

“Sounds grand,” agreed Troy, elegant as ever.

End Chapter

Wow, my internet is being so retardedly slow right now. But I'm glad I got this up. I was getting pretty worried now. ^^' Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D

What do you think about Bill having a southern U.S. accent? It seemed like he kinda had one in the manga series, but of course I wanted to expand upon that. But yesterday, I found out an interesting fact: Bill is lactose intolerant o_0

Last edited by Charmander009; 05-06-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Altrius Offline

Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG/Fan-Fic of the Year 2009)[Complete Ch 14]

Yet another excellent addition Charmander009 :) Enjoyed this one as much as I did the others. Bill is lactose intolerant? o.O
Old 05-07-2010, 04:27 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

I know I'm commenting out of order but BILL! *gushes* <333

Okay, I admit it. When you said you were going to have a cannon character, I wasn't all that thrilled. I'm more of the person who prefers fan-made characters than cannon characters. When I saw it was Bill, I flew off the handle from sheer excitement. You see, about two weeks ago, I began re-reading this awesome fan fic series cenetered on Bill, and I began reading another story about Bill by the same author. The fangirl in me has risen again. :D

So I love you for including Bill. Like totally.

Also, other facts about Bill are:

- his mother used to be a Kimono Girl
- he has at least two sisters
- he is based off that character in the movie "The Fly".
- a popular fan-surname for him is McKenzie
- in the manga, he has such a thick accent that some characaters can't understand him (it gets better later on, though)
- his favorite Pokemon are the Eeveevolutions

And I have no qualms over giving him a US Southern accent (me being from South Texas). Actually, according to Bulbapedia, the creators translate his original Osaka accent to a thick southern, Texan accent when translating due to the similarity of perception in accents and cultures.

Okay, now that I squealed over Bill, I'm excited to see Emma go through Orre. I mean, that region has gone through thievery, evil plots, etc, so it's perfectly understandable for her to be so nervous. I wonder what Knight will accompany her.

Oh man, what does Frospaw know? :o Even I got weirded out by her attitude and words this chapter. I'll be SO sad if Bill ends up betraying them or something. *shudders*

As for grammar mistakes:

Quote:
But her voice falters as she said,
Should be "faltered."

Quote:
Docter?” Emma immediately jumped to her feet, startling the Knight’s doctor.
"Doctor."

I might have missed one or two, but I read this in two seatings, and I need to go to bed very soon. ^^;

But this was a great chapter! It was a nice, slow pace that will sure help the next handful of events roll into action. I especially loved the description of the scenery. It was very good and realistic. :D

Keep up the great work! ^-^

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 05-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Ah, thank you guys! :D

@Altrius: Yep, he's lactose intolerant. Probably why he suggested having Lemonade at that last part in my chapter. xD Kat pointed out some other stuff that you can find out with that one tool off of FR/LG; Wasn't it called the famous checker or something? Anywho, that's where that came from. xD

@P-Kat: BILL FANZ YAYZ!!! xD I'm glad that you liked that. I'm just a little apprehensive about canons as well, but I'll only use them if they're going to help the purpose of the plot. They won't have large parts in the plot, since this tale's more focused on my OCs. But I always thought that Bill was a really cool guy, and it's kinda sad that they don't do more with him in the games, especially since he's an important figure (one reason why he's in here). But then in the Manga, he was pretty cool, if not hilarious! xD I remember that part where he was trying to say something and no one could understand him. Oh, Bill. xD

But you're from Texas? Oh, dear. That makes me a little nervous. o0' Just that I might mess up with his accent now. There's a bunch of different accents down there, ain't there? Well, we'll just say it's a psuedo-texan Idahoan accent. xD

Say, what fan-fic is this? You got me curious now. I'd like to take a look at it, if I can. ^^

LoL, after starting that Colosseum rewrite, I'm quite excited for Emma to get to Orre as well. I've got several ideas that will definately contribute to the conflict between the Dark Army and the free world.

Oh, Frostpaw. What can you do? xD *all she'll say on that topic* A betrayal... now that's an interesting idea. LoL, don't worry. I like Bill to much for him to purposely be a bad guy. xD

Dang, I put falters? How'd I miss that? :x *goes to fix* Thanks for pointing that out! ^^
----

After this semester's over, I'll sure have a lot of free time on my hands. Hopefully I'll get this pushed on even more. Pretty soon, we should be able to meet our first Trio Legendary. :D

Going on Random thoughts here (and probably incoherent and unclear sounding, thanks to my allergies >,>) I don't know what I'm going to do with this new generation of Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I'm way excited for it (deliriously so, in fact; can't wait till tomorrow for Pokemon Sunday to reveal new species!!!), but if they introduce a new Trio Legendary within time... What a crazy time I'm gonna have. I don't know if I'll change facts or anything; I might end up just ignoring them, for the plot's sake. ^^' Maybe not, though. We'll just hafta see how this all unfolds, yah? ^^

Last edited by Charmander009; 05-07-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:17 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

EOKJRGBWOIVOSJFVBN I LOVE BILL TOO!!!!!!! He's just awesome!! I love him in the manga.

@Altrius
And yes, they have a fairly large bio for Bill on Bulbapedia, and it mentions his lactose intolerance and all the other facts PK listed. I think he's a very interesting character, and I wish they could put him in more in the anime.

Anyways, great chapter Char!! I sense Ashclaw and Grimflame will srart rebelling in a few chapters or so.... >> And I wonder what's up with Frostpaw?? I sense she has issues with humans....
Old 05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Okay, sorry this is late, I just got done reading this. XD

Quote:
Aislyn watched her go in perplexity, wondering what had gotten in to her
Should just be 'into'

Quote:
Aislyn reached over and fluffed the feather’s around Dewy’s second head.
Should be 'feathers'

Anyway, this was a good chapter! I liked all the different things that were introduced here. I think Frostpaw must have some issue with humans and/or technology or something. I'm interested to see what becomes of the telepathy lessons.

Also, I liked the scene with the houndooms. Skullburn doesn't seem to care much about the other members of the pack, does he? Kinda like Blazefang.

Blazefang: Shut up.

I like the idea of two of the houndoom wanting to rebel, and I really like the name Grimflame. I'm kind of hoping that at least one of the houndooms turns out to be a good guy, or at least that those who are just going along with this plan or were forced into it don't end up getting a punishment they don't deserve. I love houndoom. ;-;

I probably mentioned this in my response to the chapter preview, but I'm really excited to see Orre (and the Knight, of course). Crime, danger, pokemon abuse...doesn't sound like a nice place, and that's why it's so interesting to me! (I have a fascination with danger, as you've probably noticed from reading my stories.) This place is what I'm most excited to read in the story right now.

I like how you included Bill, and aww...that eevee was so cute! I like how you gave her a bit of a personality from her actions and how she reacted to the other characters.

Hope you don't take as long with the next chapter, because I really want to read it. XDDD (I should tell myself that...but at least now that I have more time, I can get to work on my stories more often.)

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 05-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post

@P-Kat: BILL FANZ YAYZ!!! xD I'm glad that you liked that. I'm just a little apprehensive about canons as well, but I'll only use them if they're going to help the purpose of the plot. They won't have large parts in the plot, since this tale's more focused on my OCs. But I always thought that Bill was a really cool guy, and it's kinda sad that they don't do more with him in the games, especially since he's an important figure (one reason why he's in here). But then in the Manga, he was pretty cool, if not hilarious! xD I remember that part where he was trying to say something and no one could understand him. Oh, Bill. xD

But you're from Texas? Oh, dear. That makes me a little nervous. o0' Just that I might mess up with his accent now. There's a bunch of different accents down there, ain't there? Well, we'll just say it's a psuedo-texan Idahoan accent. xD

Say, what fan-fic is this? You got me curious now. I'd like to take a look at it, if I can. ^^

LoL, after starting that Colosseum rewrite, I'm quite excited for Emma to get to Orre as well. I've got several ideas that will definately contribute to the conflict between the Dark Army and the free world.

Oh, Frostpaw. What can you do? xD *all she'll say on that topic* A betrayal... now that's an interesting idea. LoL, don't worry. I like Bill to much for him to purposely be a bad guy. xD

Dang, I put falters? How'd I miss that? :x *goes to fix* Thanks for pointing that out! ^^
BILL! *acts like this xD*

I want to read the manga, though I did read the part where Bill meets Red. Yeah, for such an important scientist and researcher, he's not shown a lot. ;-;

Yep, Texas girl here. xD Don't worry, other than saying "ya'll", my accent is nothing like his. People around here have the Hispanic-Texan thing going on since we're almost all Hispanics and we live on the Mexican-Texan border. My flute teacher sort of has Bill's accent. :p

This is the author's first Bill fic, written about seven years ago. :o Despite that, it's pretty good. and And this one is the author's latest, still on-going, work. It has Bill, aliens, science, and Team Rocket. x3

Like I said, I can't wait for her to go to Orre, especially since I've never played the games and want to read what someone who has writes. And wow, that's a relief. Bill is not going to the dark side! He would have made something explode there anyway. xD

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 05-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
BILL! *acts like this xD*

I want to read the manga, though I did read the part where Bill meets Red. Yeah, for such an important scientist and researcher, he's not shown a lot. ;-;

Yep, Texas girl here. xD Don't worry, other than saying "ya'll", my accent is nothing like his. People around here have the Hispanic-Texan thing going on since we're almost all Hispanics and we live on the Mexican-Texan border. My flute teacher sort of has Bill's accent. :p

This is the author's first Bill fic, written about seven years ago. :o Despite that, it's pretty good. and And this one is the author's latest, still on-going, work. It has Bill, aliens, science, and Team Rocket. x3

Like I said, I can't wait for her to go to Orre, especially since I've never played the games and want to read what someone who has writes. And wow, that's a relief. Bill is not going to the dark side! He would have made something explode there anyway. xD

- Kat
ROFL I totally remember that clip from the show! xD *can't believe they're making a movie out of the series o.o'*

Oh, you should definitely read it! In the Yellow chapters, Bill becomes a hero. Seriously! :D

Okay, phew. xD Hmm, that reminds me: one of my roomates came from Texas, but she didn't live there long enough to get an accent. Still, I gotta love Texas. ^^

Sweet, I'll take a look at those once I've caught up on all those other fan fics I promised to read (Yours, Altrius, Mick, Michelle... Oh dear...). I'm excited! Wait, aliens? o.o Epic.... xD

LoL, yeah. Or turn someone into a Rattata mutant. xD

Quote:
Anyway, this was a good chapter! I liked all the different things that were introduced here. I think Frostpaw must have some issue with humans and/or technology or something. I'm interested to see what becomes of the telepathy lessons.

Also, I liked the scene with the houndooms. Skullburn doesn't seem to care much about the other members of the pack, does he? Kinda like Blazefang.

Blazefang: Shut up.

I like the idea of two of the houndoom wanting to rebel, and I really like the name Grimflame. I'm kind of hoping that at least one of the houndooms turns out to be a good guy, or at least that those who are just going along with this plan or were forced into it don't end up getting a punishment they don't deserve. I love houndoom. ;-;

I probably mentioned this in my response to the chapter preview, but I'm really excited to see Orre (and the Knight, of course). Crime, danger, pokemon abuse...doesn't sound like a nice place, and that's why it's so interesting to me! (I have a fascination with danger, as you've probably noticed from reading my stories.) This place is what I'm most excited to read in the story right now.

I like how you included Bill, and aww...that eevee was so cute! I like how you gave her a bit of a personality from her actions and how she reacted to the other characters.

Hope you don't take as long with the next chapter, because I really want to read it. XDDD (I should tell myself that...but at least now that I have more time, I can get to work on my stories more often.)
Oh, thanks Scy! :D Yeah, Frostpaw seems to have some sort of problem, doesn't she? Well, I'll just say that it has to do with her telepathic abilities. I'm sure some Dark Types are telepathic, but it's not common in my world. xD And yep, I'm excited for the lessons too. Aislyn's totally getting schooled.

*pokes Blazefang* Someone's tense. xD Well, I hope Skullburn's not too much like Blazefang. I wouldn't want to look like I'm copying. ^^ But you know what's funny? I really like Houndoom too. Why am I making them so mean? D: Most of the Houndoom really think that they're doing the right thing, though. As you saw, Ashclaw and Grimflame (well, mostly Grimflame) are only trying to do what they think Darkrai would want. They just don't like how Skullburn's going about doing that. Don't worry; most are misled. ^^

LoL Scy? With an obsession for danger? Naaaaw. xD LoL, oh yeah. Thank goodness for Orre, or else we'd have too many happy-go-lucky sunshiny regions out there, yeah? Everything needs an opposite. >:3

Oh, I love the little Eevee too *hugs Olive* Actually, she came from one of the first fan-fictions I ever wrote. It was a Kanto-based Trainer Fic, which I never finished but hey. It's pleasant memories. ^^

Thanks! I'll try to get it done faster, then. I actually haven't worked on it lately since I'm suffering from allergies. Man, they're bad this year. But you should get a new chapter up too. I wanna know what happens with Kinje next! xD *totally teasing*

Quote:
EOKJRGBWOIVOSJFVBN I LOVE BILL TOO!!!!!!! He's just awesome!! I love him in the manga.

@Altrius
And yes, they have a fairly large bio for Bill on Bulbapedia, and it mentions his lactose intolerance and all the other facts PK listed. I think he's a very interesting character, and I wish they could put him in more in the anime.

Anyways, great chapter Char!! I sense Ashclaw and Grimflame will srart rebelling in a few chapters or so.... >> And I wonder what's up with Frostpaw?? I sense she has issues with humans....
WE SHOULD START A BILL FAN CLUB!!!1! xD Wasn't he great in the manga? ^^

Yesh, a rebellion! Tis bittersweet, no? >;D *lol is totally hyper now*

Well, I'm glad I gotcha all wondering what's up with Frostpaw. Don't you love mysteries? xD

Thanks for all the comments! ^^