Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
I just checked the list of Pokemon being revoked, and none of them are Simple/Medium Pokemon. If I'm not mistaken, with the exception of Miltank, they're all Complex and above.
That list is certainly not in this thread. Can we please have that public? It doesn't help that you guys are doing this all hushhush you know.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that Marth's Gengar should be returned to its previous owner (and this applies to similar situations). Why should the person he traded with have to suffer the penalty instead of Marth himself? You abused the loophole, now that the punishment has come, you should take the punishment instead of letting someone else suffer for you. I give no faeces about who you are or were. Suck it up and man it.

EDIT2: Considering most of the problem was caused by crappy rangering anyway, I say we grab those offending rangers and fine their wages out of them.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader

Last edited by Starkipraggy; 06-06-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I disagree with everything everyone says.

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
That list is certainly not in this thread. Can we please have that public? It doesn't help that you guys are doing this all hushhush you know.
The list is here, completely public and stickied. If it was hush-hush, how would I have access to the list or know what was going on? :P
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
I disagree with everything everyone says.
Brizer wins.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

@Rangers- I think they should all be retested by someone who knows the difference between a good post and a bad one.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

Actually JR. I was thinking that the ranger test needed to be revised. I believe that one thing that has been established there is that non battle posts are important as well as battle posts; however, only battle posts are tested. I think that before anybody gets a permanent ranger liscense that they should have to complete an RP and have it evaluated (which is currently only done if somebody does okay on their test instead of acing it.
The only problems I see are that there's no way to distingiush this from regular rangering since if they failed they could just try again and it wouldn't matter because they get paid either way. Also, we'd have to do another one of these recalls if the Pokemon were given out by new rangers too easily. So i'm thinking that the rangers-to be are going to have to take that first run with a ranger-tester without pay (almost like a ref test). It may be more work than before but it was very easy to become a ranger before. I think that was half of the problem.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Actually JR. I was thinking that the ranger test needed to be revised. I believe that one thing that has been established there is that non battle posts are important as well as battle posts; however, only battle posts are tested. I think that before anybody gets a permanent ranger liscense that they should have to complete an RP and have it evaluated (which is currently only done if somebody does okay on their test instead of acing it.
The only problems I see are that there's no way to distingiush this from regular rangering since if they failed they could just try again and it wouldn't matter because they get paid either way. Also, we'd have to do another one of these recalls if the Pokemon were given out by new rangers too easily. So i'm thinking that the rangers-to be are going to have to take that first run with a ranger-tester without pay (almost like a ref test). It may be more work than before but it was very easy to become a ranger before. I think that was half of the problem.
Issue here is that, well, people would tend to do better and put more effort in this fake run on the Park, and might lower their standards once they become rangers.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 06-07-2010, 01:10 AM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Issue here is that, well, people would tend to do better and put more effort in this fake run on the Park, and might lower their standards once they become rangers.
Then don't pay them for low standards
Old 06-07-2010, 01:29 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
long post.
Yeah, it needs to be revised but then everyone should be retested as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post
Then don't pay them for low standards
Or fire them! Way more fun.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

Agreed. One of the biggest problems was that rangers weren't doing their jobs; if they can't revise their waysand do their jobs properly (and prove so through a retest) then they don't deserve to be rangers.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Quote:
I think that before anybody gets a permanent ranger liscense that they should have to complete an RP and have it evaluated
I did this with Marth. Just sayin'.

And Jr, firing them wouldn't solve anything. Then the Park would be understaffed and couldn't run.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 06-07-2010, 02:47 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
I did this with Marth. Just sayin'.

And Jr, firing them wouldn't solve anything. Then the Park would be understaffed and couldn't run.
Just a joke.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
The list is here, completely public and stickied. If it was hush-hush, how would I have access to the list or know what was going on? :P
Either I got ninja'd or I wasn't reading well enough at 2am in the morning. My bad.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

*Waves hands.*

For starters, I gave ST permission to revoke Mons that were obtained with little effort. Yes, most of the blame falls on the Rangers for being too easy on their Trainers, but the Trainers weren't putting forth the effort needed to begin with, which is why we decided on revoking Mon.

Now then, some other things. Currently I've decided to enforce the character limit that was originally a guideline for lagging Trainers. On top of this, there's going to be a system where Trainers can purchase special Items to reduce the amount of characters needed to catch Mon. This combination of effort + money will hopefully require more work all around (since it takes work to earn money and all). We just need to get various things polished, such as Item prices, and it'll be good to go.

As for Rangers themselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
@Rangers- I think they should all be retested by someone who knows the difference between a good post and a bad one.
I agree with this. All Rangers, including Elite Rangers and even myself, should be retested. Harder tests should be created, things that will test the Ranger on more points gone over in the Quiz. Once we get everything else in order I think retesting the current Park Staff is a must.

Also, I've already enforced a new rule regarding testing. In the past, an Elite Ranger going over a test could either give it a Pass, Fail, or Temp grade. If an equal number of testers said Pass and Fail, then the Ranger got an auto Temporary License. If, say, one Tester said Pass, two said Fail, and one said Temp, again, a Temporary License was given out. Now, however, there is no Temp grading, and if there are an equal number of Pass and Fail grades, the Ranger automatically fails. If you can't get a majority Pass vote, then that should signal that the prospective Ranger isn't ready for tor the position.

Another thing. Many people are getting such rare Pokemon because they can just walk away from Mon they don't want with a simple "I don't want it let's go somewhere else" post, and too many Rangers (myself included, I must admit) are allowing it. If this were reality, though, many Pokemon wouldn't allow a person to simply intrude into their territory and then walk off without a challenge. Some Pokemon may be easy-going about it, depending on their species or Nature, but in most cases it's too easy for someone to get away without any effort. The entire Park, however, is about effort; avoiding a Mon you don't want should be harder than saying "I don't want it let's go lolk". Currently this is an issue being discussed among the Staff, and hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

Finally, everyone having their Mon revoked is getting a complete refund for that Mon. Everyone complaining about "what about our time?" is missing an important point; you only spend maybe ten or twenty minutes typing your replies. Even combining all the posts you made for the Mon being taken, it's not like you've lost hours upon hours or anything. An hour or two here and there is about it. Also, you can't try and claim time "wasted" waiting on the Ranger to post, because you could have easily been doing something else during that time period. Writing a story, maybe, or taking part in Battles or Contests. So no, no one is getting compensated for "time lost", because honestly it's just ridiculous.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

Sure, but I feel a character limit should be introduced but not FORCED upon since this is not a story and we are on a journey and not to talk talk and talk, yes there has to be some character limits but it shouldn't be as high as a story since it just fails the purpose then.

Also, about the NP in general, roughly when can we expect it to open up again and be ready for testing, since I want to become a ranger and I need to get tested, its been waiting. Not that I'm trying to be impatient but just that I was wondering