Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Leman wins thread.
Darn Leman beat me to the Brightslap.

To all those people who insist they be allowed to keep their rare Pokemon because they worked hard for it in the RP: I have only two words for you guys: F*ck you. You dare insist that you deserve your Complex mon that you spent at most a week's worth of time actually writing for the thing and only churning out short and unimaginative crap in the face of writers like me who slogged for months to get out a quality, 30k character story. You don't deserve anything, and if you don't understand that, in the absence of being able to land a tight slap on your prepubescent faces, I would lobby hard for you guys not to get a refund in the first place.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader

Last edited by Starkipraggy; 06-09-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Darn Leman beat me to the Brightslap.

To all those people who insist they be allowed to keep their rare Pokemon because they worked hard for it in the RP: I have only two words for you guys: F*ck you. You dare insist that you deserve your Complex mon that you spent at most a week's worth of time actually writing for the thing and only churning out short and unimaginative crap in the face of writers like me who slogged for months to get out a quality, 30k character story. You don't deserve anything, and if you don't understand that, in the absence of being able to land a tight slap on your prepubescent faces, I would lobby hard for you guys not to get a refund in the first place.
Oh, sorry, so time is a factor in this? Oh dear, so I guess that means that the Ninjask and Chinchou (minimum 30k - same as Complex) I got in a story that probably took me less than a week to write weren't gotten with effort. Darn.

Time isn't the issue here. Quality/quantity is.

Also, I really don't think Leman's making huge sense in his whole 'not having a life' thing. You don't have to be active in URPG to care whether you have something in it or not, and also, just because you've RP'd, doesn't mean that it's the only worthwhile thing to do with your time. :s I do stuff in the URPG because I have spare time, but if I wanted, I could easily go and do something else - you don't ALWAYS have to do the thing that's most worth your time.

Last edited by -Pichu Boy-; 06-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

OK well I hadn't planned on posting but I guess I will.

I don't think taking mons away from everyone was the right thing. Sec admitted it himself, the Park is flawed. If that is the case, then it falls solely on the shoulders of the Park staff to rectify the problem, which obviously did not happen. Since they saw and didn't fix the problem, I think only the higher Park staff should lose their mons, ex Marth and his PZ. They didn't do anything about it and just kept going with it.

The Park was created for those who weren't the best at stories, and the money spent was an attempt to counteract the lack of written characters and random encounters. In theory this was good, but it wasn't executed. People just prospered from poor judgement. That being said however, some of the people that got those mons may actually have put a lot of time and effort into getting those, even if the character count was lower than desired. I know it takes me awhile to write things, and even then it's a struggle.

I'm locking this thread until some of you can cool down or a mod/TyT feels it should be unlocked.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I was going to lock this the other day, but I saw that some people were trying to cut back on the flame/SPAM and decided to leave it open. I guess I should have just locked it yesterday.

Here is the point, people: YOU DID NOT PUT FORTH ANY CONSIDERABLE EFFORT INTO GETTING THE MON TAKEN FROM YOU. You may have churned out 10k or 20k, but in the end they were for Mon that would have taken twice or even three times the effort as in the Story section. No, the Park =/= Stories, but that doesn't mean that the Park should be a ridiculously easy alternative, as that's not what it was meant to be. How on Earth is it fair to a person who wrote a 50k story for a Munchlax if someone else could get it for 20k in the Park? How would you feel if you were someone who actually put a lot of time and work into catching a Mon, only to turn around and see someone get one for a fraction of the work you did?

Yes, things should have been taken care of sooner, but people would have b*tched about it then as well. I myself wasn't really aware the problem was still this bad until recently, believe it or not, because I have a life and have been having very little time for a game based on pixels on the internet. I was having to scramble to find time to post even before the past month or so, where I've been on maybe a total of ten or so times.

Here we are trying to fix things and make them more fair, and everyone is complaining about losing a handful of colorful pixels. You say we shouldn't take the Mon from you that you fairly earned. Maybe back then it was fair, but look at Leman's example. You got something you weren't entitled to; therefore, to be fair to the people who DO have those Mons they are entitled to, we are taking them back. At least you're being refunded your money; can't that be enough?

When the Park reopens it is going to be made very clear that we have stricter standards. Rangers will be expected to be harder on their Trainers and actually make them work for what they want. I already know that when things reopen, people are going to b*tch about "Oh it's so hard to catch a Mon in the Park now!" and everything. Well, like I said, the Park was never meant to be an easier solution to stories, just a more accessible and interactive one.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Closed Thread