Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Other Boards Ľ Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon
Default Re: [WAR 9] Team Neo (Draft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Ninjas have rocket launchers.

Bah, Naruto doesn't have proper ninjas. And what's more, if you're gonna include Naruto, then at least pull from the manga. The anime is just... agh...

Y'KNOW WHAT KINDA NINJAS HAVE ROCKET LAUNCHERS? ROBOT-NINJAS, THAT'S WHAT KIND.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

Bah, Naruto doesn't have proper ninjas. And what's more, if you're gonna include Naruto, then at least pull from the manga. The anime is just... agh...

Y'KNOW WHAT KINDA NINJAS HAVE ROCKET LAUNCHERS? ROBOT-NINJAS, THAT'S WHAT KIND.
Yes, but the anime has color.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 06-24-2010, 03:20 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Yes, but the anime has color.
What? COLOR? MUST BE THE WORK OF DEMONS.

'n baha, I'll stop spamming your thread now, Neo.

BUT SERIOUSLY, CONSIDER NINJAS. OR PIRATES. OR ZOMBIES. OR VIKINGS. OR GLADIATORS. OR MUTANTS.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:20 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Annnd there's Naruto. ^^; Why I didn't want to suggest it.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Hmm, alright then.

I'm beginning to get pretty desperate here...
Bah. Just make a chat sometime and we'll all brainstorm or something. I still say start with a basic theme and worry about expanding on that later. We don't really need colors or alignment right now, just a basic idea.

- Apocalypse lore (aka four horsemen, 7 deadly sins, angels, etc.)
- Some minority group (they can be somehow different, so you can incorporate the 'seen as something evil but they aren't' if need be. Though that idea sounds like X-Men).
- Anti-technology
- Something storm / natural disaster based
- Spirits (kinda like a Native American thing, maybe? Spirits of Protecting, Fire Elements, whatever)

Something like that. Or, if we're stuck on Chaotic Good, then focus on that.

'A Chaotic Good character favors change for a greater good, disdains bureaucratic organizations that get in the way of social improvement, and places a high value on personal freedom, not only for oneself, but for others as well. They always intend to do the right thing, but their methods are generally disorganised and often out of alignment with the rest of society. They may create conflict in a team if they feel they are being pushed around, and often view extensive organisation and planning as pointless, preferring to improvise.'

Edit: I don't expect any of these to be taken super seriously, I just think that simple ideas are a great way to start.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 06-24-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Ninjas have rocket launchers.

Naruto isn't Ninjas silly! They are wizards! Sigh....

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
Naruto isn't Ninjas silly! They are wizards! Sigh....
No! Wizards have low defense and high offense. In Naruto, a ninja survives a giant shuriken to the spine... with no real defensive gear other than a combat vest. And the shuriken clearly pierces it. Clearly most ninja have a base defense over 120, and given how often someone is spitting fire on somebody else, they are either all water types, or have ridiculous special defense.

However... due to the utterly insane variety of combat methods displayed... I would say that the most accurate description of the characters would be headbanded individuals.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:46 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Ok, I was sitting here thinking that our theme had to be something that was easily moldable. Something so simple it was being overlooked. At first, I was thinking of like different groups, or eras, but it would be so difficult to have everyone agree on a single place in time.

Tempus fugit.

What about time? Time flies; time stands still. Everything changes over time, nothing stays the same. Change is inevitable, right?

It just seemed like something that could really be played with later when we need to. ^^'
Old 06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Heck with ninjas. Let's mix things up and be samurai.

Yeah, all the cool pictures have lots of blood. x.o

As far as time goes... What did you have in mind? I mean, time itself is interesting, but what can we do with it? I can't think of anything at the moment. ^^; Aside from time manipulation. But that seems a tad overpowered and specific for a team. I do agree with Scott, though. I think we need some basic idea and roll from there.

And in all seriousness, I think modern day samurai would be awesome, but I have no idea how we could work that. xD

Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
And in all seriousness, I think modern day samurai would be awesome, but I have no idea how we could work that. xD
If you'd prefer, you don't really need to modernize anything. I can make the RP setting a mixture of eras. In fact, I'd like to.

'n haha. Scott mentioned his love for samurais to me just yesterday.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Bah. Just make a chat sometime and we'll all brainstorm or something. I still say start with a basic theme and worry about expanding on that later. We don't really need colors or alignment right now, just a basic idea.
My only thing about AIM chats is how easily people get distracted from the topic at hand. It worked for drafting but that was mostly simple stuff. Besides, posting the ideas allows us to go back and see if there was something we left behind.

Quote:
- Apocalypse lore (aka four horsemen, 7 deadly sins, angels, etc.)
I’d probably be all over the angels idea if I hadn’t done it before. You could have something like Angels of the Apocalypse, focused on preserving what is valuable and eliminating the trivial.

Quote:
- Some minority group (they can be somehow different, so you can incorporate the 'seen as something evil but they aren't' if need be. Though that idea sounds like X-Men).
I like this idea, but its more of a supplement to something else. For example, everyone on the team could have a similar marking or feature, whether its natural, accidental, or intentional. It could be something intentional like a symbolic tattoo, or something strange that just happened naturally among all of us.

It works in X-Men because they have special abilities, but I’m not sure of what we could have that would distinctly separate us from everyone else without being a power or a calamity. I like the idea of having something that can arguably be a gift and a curse at the same time (like in the case of X-Men), but I’m not sure how the other teams would feel about that.

Quote:
- Anti-technology
- Something storm / natural disaster based
- Spirits (kinda like a Native American thing, maybe? Spirits of Protecting, Fire Elements, whatever)
Actually, I kind of like blending all of these together to create a kind of eco-organization bent on trying to protect the environment and keep the natural order of things. I wouldn’t say we would be against ALL technology, but we would definitely be more inclined to use natural and renewable energy, such as solar or wind power. Any machines that don’t do that and simply pollute would be shunned. Also, we would see technology only as a tool and not a future (unlike Galleon’s team, of course).

Again, I’m not sure what Galleon will do with the RP, but if he’s making a team of robots, I’m pretty certain it will be in the future where an idea like this could be applicable. We could make it our goal to bring technology down to a much saner level to stop it from ruining the nature that was in there in the first place. I’m not sure what Rob’s team will be doing, but I could see us having a nice vendetta against Galleon and the rest of his team. >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Ok, I was sitting here thinking that our theme had to be something that was easily moldable. Something so simple it was being overlooked. At first, I was thinking of like different groups, or eras, but it would be so difficult to have everyone agree on a single place in time.

Tempus fugit.

What about time? Time flies; time stands still. Everything changes over time, nothing stays the same. Change is inevitable, right?

It just seemed like something that could really be played with later when we need to. ^^'
Would be a good idea, but unfortunately, time is one of those things that can’t really be affected in an RP and stuff like that. Time travel would work great in a fan fiction, but in an RP, it can get really crazy.

EDIT: I also like the idea of using modern-day Samurais. Doing that with a symbolic theme would be pretty cool.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 06-24-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Heck with ninjas. Let's mix things up and be samurai.

Yeah, all the cool pictures have lots of blood. x.o

As far as time goes... What did you have in mind? I mean, time itself is interesting, but what can we do with it? I can't think of anything at the moment. ^^; Aside from time manipulation. But that seems a tad overpowered and specific for a team. I do agree with Scott, though. I think we need some basic idea and roll from there.

Kenshin is not a samurai... phail.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Actually, I kind of like blending all of these together to create a kind of eco-organization bent on trying to protect the environment and keep the natural order of things. I wouldnít say we would be against ALL technology, but we would definitely be more inclined to use natural and renewable energy, such as solar or wind power. Any machines that donít do that and simply pollute would be shunned. Also, we would see technology only as a tool and not a future (unlike Galleonís team, of course).

Again, Iím not sure what Galleon will do with the RP, but if heís making a team of robots, Iím pretty certain it will be in the future where an idea like this could be applicable. We could make it our goal to bring technology down to a much saner level to stop it from ruining the nature that was in there in the first place. Iím not sure what Robís team will be doing, but I could see us having a nice vendetta against Galleon and the rest of his team. >:D
Er, I was actually hoping to make the setting a bit more archaic. I know that sounds weird from a dude who intends to RP as a robot, but the existence of robots in the RP is a bit of weird case, and what's more, the robots won't really be all that advanced. They're basically just people with metal bodies. I'm thinking of 'em as more like steampunk robots, if that makes sense...

Gah, I feel like I'm going against everything you say. SORRY. I REALLY DON'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT. I CAN MAKE ECO-FRIENDLY WORK FOR THE RP, IF YOU WANT. PROBABLY.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

No, Kenshin is a hitokiri (aka an assassin).

And Neo ... you don't have to talk about every one, you could just talk about the ones you like XD. 's just things from the top of my head to get people going.

At any rate, I like the idea of modern day samurai. How shalt we modernize?

And George ... YOU HUSH AND LET US WORK. IF YOU CAN FIT THE BLOODY SPACE WHALE RIDERS INTO THE PLOT LIKE YOU MENTIONED YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WE PUT OUT.

- Native American theme - We could see Pokemon as spirits, be set in our ways (ie stubborn), could be protecting our old land (which would make others dislike us even though we might be good?) and try to be one with the spirits / earth.

- Prodigy theme - Simply put, everyone is a prodigy. OR everyone is really specialized at one thing: ie archery, running, etc.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 06-24-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Senzura Offline
Amateur Trainer

Apparently Im on this team. What I miss?

With the Park closed, I can only take RPs that the ranger abandoned. PM me if that the case. DoH said I could =)