Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: [WAR 9] Team Neo (Draft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
Apparently Im on this team.
^

Good to be on here. Thanks, Neo.

But I believe we're discussing ideas for a basic theme?

I'm a bit lazy to read everything done so far, as I know I won't keep up with it, so what has been decided on so far?

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Ditto the two ahead of me (^.^);

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 06-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57 View Post
Kenshin is not a samurai... phail.
Yeah, I know, I phail at life. Nothing new. =P

And for people just appearing! Not much has been decided. Maybe modern samurai. Maybe less technology/clean up the planet/renewable energy theme. Maybe Native American-esque spirit worship stuff. We're throwing out ideas and hashing them together. Feel free to join in. Most of the important posts are on the last page, so if you scan through that, you'll probably get most of it.

Native American spirit stuff definitely goes along with the eco-friendly theme. Like Scott said, we protect our own land, and maybe decide that the other pollution is beginning to affect us too, so we go about trying to change everything? And our warriors sent out to battle with the robot and apparently whale-riding menaces are samurai-like warriors that live by a code of preservation, and only kill if necessary? Kind of throwing things together. I don't have anything much else to add at the moment. ^^;

Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Mythology would be fun =3

[/longpost]

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Operative Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Native American spirit stuff definitely goes along with the eco-friendly theme. Like Scott said, we protect our own land, and maybe decide that the other pollution is beginning to affect us too, so we go about trying to change everything? And our warriors sent out to battle with the robot and apparently whale-riding menaces are samurai-like warriors that live by a code of preservation, and only kill if necessary? Kind of throwing things together. I don't have anything much else to add at the moment. ^^;
I see. Thanks for giving the background info on stuff, DE. :3

I like the Native American eco-friendy idea that you suggested. But sending out Native Americans with 9 inch knives and 10 arrows wouldn't be so good to send out against robots and warriors on whales, now would it? And now that I think of it, this does sound a bit/lot like Avatar to me. :/

Throwing out the idea of a gunner here. Not the most creative or smart idea, but this is what popped into my head first.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Hey guys. To all the new people coming in, welcome to the team. We’re just brainstorming some ideas for the team and trying to find some compatible combination that works, so if you’re not really up to reading all the stuff we have on the first couple pages, don’t worry about it. Most of the early stuff was moved aside.

Anyway, considering the ideas that were brought up:

Quote:
Yeah, I know, I phail at life. Nothing new. =P

And for people just appearing! Not much has been decided. Maybe modern samurai. Maybe less technology/clean up the planet/renewable energy theme. Maybe Native American-esque spirit worship stuff. We're throwing out ideas and hashing them together. Feel free to join in. Most of the important posts are on the last page, so if you scan through that, you'll probably get most of it.

I like the idea of using modern samurai with the environment focus. Meanwhile, we could have a kind of system where we defend the planet, while in turn, the planet’s spirits guide and inspire us. As for the way we fight, it could be with a kind of style and have maybe even have the ability to set our swords on fire, or infuse them with thunder, ice, poison, that kind of thing. It would be pretty awesome to have a kind of elemental sword ability, if that kind of thing would be permitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

I see. Thanks for giving the background info on stuff, DE. :3

I like the Native American eco-friendy idea that you suggested. But sending out Native Americans with 9 inch knives and 10 arrows wouldn't be so good to send out against robots and warriors on whales, now would it? And now that I think of it, this does sound a bit/lot like Avatar to me. :/

Throwing out the idea of a gunner here. Not the most creative or smart idea, but this is what popped into my head first.
Yeah, it kind of does feel a bit like Avatar. The problem is even the Na’vi had to rely on a few modern day weapons, even though they were mostly nature-based.

I probably would have to ask Galleon what kinds of supernatural abilities and/or features would be permitted and what wouldn’t be. But you’re right, I don’t think running around with nothing but loincloths and blowguns is going to do much against robots and whales.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

'Er, I was actually hoping to make the setting a bit more archaic. I know that sounds weird from a dude who intends to RP as a robot, but the existence of robots in the RP is a bit of weird case, and what's more, the robots won't really be all that advanced. They're basically just people with metal bodies. I'm thinking of 'em as more like steampunk robots, if that makes sense...'

So we won't be too out of touch. And we don't have to totally cripple ourselves technologically wise (or else the modern of modern samurai would mean nothing :P), though of course some people could choose to be more 'Yay environment!' than others.

But a Native American-esque community with samurai as their warrior caste sounds pretty intense.

As for the Avatar thing -- SIMPSONS DID IT.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 06-24-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
'Er, I was actually hoping to make the setting a bit more archaic. I know that sounds weird from a dude who intends to RP as a robot, but the existence of robots in the RP is a bit of weird case, and what's more, the robots won't really be all that advanced. They're basically just people with metal bodies. I'm thinking of 'em as more like steampunk robots, if that makes sense...'

So we won't be too out of touch. And we don't have to totally cripple ourselves technologically wise (or else the modern of modern samurai would mean nothing :P), though of course some people could choose to be more 'Yay environment!' than others.

But a Native American-esque community with samurai as their warrior caste sounds pretty intense.
As this picture proves, samurais can kick a lot of robot ass. They can work in any setting or time period really.

I'm just thinking, even if we do go pretty archaic in the RP, samurais are not that, that modern to the point where they would be out of place. But yeah, having samurais with a kind of Native American mindset and ideology would be pretty cool.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
As this picture proves, samurais can kick a lot of robot ass. They can work in any setting or time period really.
Thats basically the plot of Samurai Jack.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Ooh, I've seen previews for that movie (I think it's a movie and not an anime, anyway xD). It looks awesome, I'd love to see it.

But! Back on topic. Along the lines of Neo's "infusing with elements" idea, and with the "worship Pokemon as spirits" kind of idea, what if we did something like a bond between our samurai and one specific Pokemon? And their Pokemon powers up their weapon somehow. For example, a samurai and a Pikachu would make a samurai with a lightning sword. It'd be a little more difficult for people whose Pokemon partner isn't really an elemental type, but maybe we could have other effects, like a samurai with a Scyther might be able to move their sword faster/have a sharper sword, and a samurai with a fighting type like Machamp would have more force behind their sword, like being able to puncture metal or something.

With that, maybe we could tie in some kind of high tech sword? Like, to use it, the Pokemon is sucked into it kinda like they would be into a Pokeball, but from there their power can be used in the sword. And it would be limited to the Pokemon's own stamina--meaning you couldn't use the power non-stop. They might have to take breaks for a while, and during that time use it as a regular sword. Keeps them from being too uber. Of course, if you like uber, we can ignore that completely.

And lol, I thought everyone was talking about Avatar: The Last Airbender at first. THEN I figured it out.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Ooh, I've seen previews for that movie (I think it's a movie and not an anime, anyway xD). It looks awesome, I'd love to see it.

But! Back on topic. Along the lines of Neo's "infusing with elements" idea, and with the "worship Pokemon as spirits" kind of idea, what if we did something like a bond between our samurai and one specific Pokemon? And their Pokemon powers up their weapon somehow. For example, a samurai and a Pikachu would make a samurai with a lightning sword. It'd be a little more difficult for people whose Pokemon partner isn't really an elemental type, but maybe we could have other effects, like a samurai with a Scyther might be able to move their sword faster/have a sharper sword, and a samurai with a fighting type like Machamp would have more force behind their sword, like being able to puncture metal or something.

With that, maybe we could tie in some kind of high tech sword? Like, to use it, the Pokemon is sucked into it kinda like they would be into a Pokeball, but from there their power can be used in the sword. And it would be limited to the Pokemon's own stamina--meaning you couldn't use the power non-stop. They might have to take breaks for a while, and during that time use it as a regular sword. Keeps them from being too uber. Of course, if you like uber, we can ignore that completely.

And lol, I thought everyone was talking about Avatar: The Last Airbender at first. THEN I figured it out.
Good night! That sounds totally cool! O.O Kinda like a spirit-infused weapon. I could so go for that!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Sounds really sweet to me. I'm all for the idea we have goin' now.

Edit: Neo, if you could please have a theme ready by Friday so George can incorporate it into the RP. I'd like for him to be able to get it done by Saturday or Sunday, if he can, so we can really get the ball moving on this War.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 06-25-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:

Samurai 7 is an anime, though it is based on a movie. I just watched the first episode on Animecrunch to see what its all about and its pretty good.

As for what you mentioned, its an interesting premise, I like the idea of having a really strong bond with a single Pokémon. Since the time period will be archaic, there probably won’t be any Pokéballs, so said Pokémon will be out at all times. Truthfully, I think this works even better, since it establishes the bond as being closer rather than keeping the little critters locked up for only when the person actually needs them. As for sucking them into the sword, eh, it’s a little weird and I don’t think the tech level would be high enough to do that. If Galleon is okay with robots, I’m pretty sure he’ll be okay with samurai being able to capture the element of their partner Pokémon and use it in their weapon. But I agree with you, we shouldn’t be able to spam that ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Sounds really sweet to me. I'm all for the idea we have goin' now.

Edit: Neo, if you could please have a theme ready by Friday so George can incorporate it into the RP. I'd like for him to be able to get it done by Saturday or Sunday, if he can, so we can really get the ball moving on this War.
I might just go with the spiritual samurai idea since most people seem to like it. The finer details can be worked out later, but the premise of having guardian samurai with close, spiritual bonds to nature and being protectors of the environment and the world around them is likely what I’m going to finalize unless someone comes up with something absurdly epic that totally blows that away.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Operative Offline

I really like the idea, DE. Even though it slaps the manga Shaman King into my mind, I'm all for it. I think it's the one that most, if not all, of the team has decided on. amirite?

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

And with that pretty much decided, I think I'm going to participate in the RP this time as much as I can.

Though honestly, it reminded me more of the His Dark Materials series. Except that the daemons were Pokemon and could be shoved into swords. Which does make it sound rather like Shaman King.

And Neo, I wasn't sure if we were going more along the lines of technology or magic-y stuff, so it could really work either way.