Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott
Default Re: [WAR 9] Team Neo (Draft)

[WarHeadTalk]Good deal.[/WarHeadTalk]

DE rules.

And Neo, I think George meant a BIT more archaic, not totally archaic XD. I don't think this RP will be in the stone era, just perhaps not where we are now or something. Granted, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking totally archaic.

Also, are we going to focus on the samurai aspect, or are we just making them our warrior caste? In other words, will we have normal-ish shaman in our group as well? Things like team colors and mascots shouldn't be too hard to think up.

I like the focus on one Pokemon companion thing. It's neat.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
And with that pretty much decided, I think I'm going to participate in the RP this time as much as I can.

Though honestly, it reminded me more of the His Dark Materials series. Except that the daemons were Pokemon and could be shoved into swords. Which does make it sound rather like Shaman King.

And Neo, I wasn't sure if we were going more along the lines of technology or magic-y stuff, so it could really work either way.
Yeah, I wasn't sure either, but this idea is really cool and flexible.

Now... we just need a name. "Spirit Guardian Samurai" is the only thing that's coming to mind right now, but I know I can make something better than that.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
As for what you mentioned, its an interesting premise, I like the idea of having a really strong bond with a single Pokémon. Since the time period will be archaic, there probably won’t be any Pokéballs, so said Pokémon will be out at all times. Truthfully, I think this works even better, since it establishes the bond as being closer rather than keeping the little critters locked up for only when the person actually needs them. As for sucking them into the sword, eh, it’s a little weird and I don’t think the tech level would be high enough to do that. If Galleon is okay with robots, I’m pretty sure he’ll be okay with samurai being able to capture the element of their partner Pokémon and use it in their weapon. But I agree with you, we shouldn’t be able to spam that ability.
Why would there have to be a high tech level for that? There could be an archaic means of holding Pokemon, especially if it's only temporary. Ever see that episode with the giant Pokemon? Holy crap, can't believe I remember that, seems like ages ago. ^^'

Even without that though, I love the nature-bound samurai idea. ^^ And I'm with Scott about the limited companion thing. Makes the connection more genuine, y'know?

As for names...according to Google translate, Shizen no senshi would be nature warrior. Maybe could combine that into something. ^^'
Oh, and I still like the black, grey, and something combination for colors. ^^
Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Eidolon Defenders.

Spirit Protecting Samurai.

Phantom Vigilantes.

Pitching some stuff out there.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
As for names...according to Google translate, Shizen no senshi would be nature warrior. Maybe could combine that into something. ^^'
I really like the idea of having a Japanese name. I mean, heck, we're samurai, might as go the whole nine yards. xD Shizen no Senshi sounds pretty good to me.

Or, we could do a bit of a combination. Like "Shizen no Senshi: Spirit Guardian Samurai", or something to that effect.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Bahahaha, it's sounding more and more like a manga name XD.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Bahahaha, it's sounding more and more like a manga name XD.
That's not a bad thing. >D (To me, anyway.)

Old 06-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Why would there have to be a high tech level for that? There could be an archaic means of holding Pokemon, especially if it's only temporary. Ever see that episode with the giant Pokemon? Holy crap, can't believe I remember that, seems like ages ago. ^^'

Even without that though, I love the nature-bound samurai idea. ^^ And I'm with Scott about the limited companion thing. Makes the connection more genuine, y'know?

True, good point about the whole sword thing. I’m just not sure how Galleon will feel about an ability like that, but it would be pretty cool if he gives it the go. And yeah, the limited companion thing makes the bond more true to both the owner and the Pokémon. Even if he disproves of the whole sword power imbue ability, I like the idea of everyone on the team thinking hard about the one Pokémon they’d like to have by their side at all times, rather than have six that only get a little amount of attention. Arguably, that Pokémon will likely be much stronger as well.

And “Shizen no senshi” has a nice ring to it. Combining it like what DE suggested would make it even cooler. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Eidolon Defenders.

Spirit Protecting Samurai.

Phantom Vigilantes.

Pitching some stuff out there.
Interesting picks. None of them really jump out at me, but we could give them a bit more thought or see if they could combine with something else.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: [WAR 9] Shizen no Senshi: Spirit Guardian Samurai

I'm liking the combination of the two. But I think having Nature Warrior: Spirit Guardian Samurai doesn't mix.

Maybe having Shizen no Senshi: Nature Warriors or whatever the japanese translation may be with Spirit Guardian Samurai might mix better. Thoughts?

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

OH so the eleaborate theme is just for the RP.
Yay for being a newb >_<

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Theme is for the team, but it shows up mainly in the RP.

Sometimes another section will ask you to incorporate the team's theme into your entry, though.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Banner because I felt like it. =D

I was itching to as soon as we decided on the theme. I love Mifune. <3

Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Was surprised to see the name stuck. Heh, cool.

Spiffy new banner, DE. Nice motto too. XD Though I'm kinda partial to Respect and Protect myself. ^^ (makes a note)
Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Quote:
Was surprised to see the name stuck. Heh, cool.

Spiffy new banner, DE. Nice motto too. XD Though I'm kinda partial to Respect and Protect myself. ^^ (makes a note)
It popped into my head and wouldn't leave. xD But Respect and Protect kinda sounds cooler. Not so humorous.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

So this team is samurais? Guess now would be a good time to learn how to spell samurai.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.