The original idea for the PE2K War was conceived by Bashaamo
back in 2003 on the original PE2K Proboards forum. Since then, the War has been hosted every year though throughout time, its format has been altered and is always evolving to meet the interests of PE2K veterans and newcomers alike.
The PE2K War is an event held during every summer where teams of PE2K members compete in various sections for points. Sections include art, writing, role play, URPG, and many others. In these sections, entry submissions or performances are submitted, judged, and the best of the best are awarded points for their team. At the end of the War, the team with the highest number of points is declared the winner.
Currently, there are six sections.
War Role Play
– Step into the shoes of your own character in the War Role Play, where the teams become alive and their themes, their ideals, and their brotherhood take on a life of their own.
– For those with strong writing skills, follow the theme provided by the judge and write your literary masterpiece as an essay, short story, poem, or other form of literature. Themes may be Pokémon related or not.
– For those that have exceptional drawing, graphic art, and pixel art skills, this is your home turf. Like War Writing, themes will be provided by the judge, and its up to you to create the best work of art that you can that goes with the theme. Submissions may be Pokémon related or not.
War Shoddy Battle
– For those familiar with Shoddy Battle
, this is the place to hone your skills and prepare the best you can to overcome your opponents in Shoddy Pokémon battles. The team that has the best collective performance for the judging period will be given points.
War URPG (Ultra Role Playing Game)
– Step into the arena of PE2K’s URPG
by raising Pokémon, preparing them for combat, and claiming victory. The team that has the best collective performance for the judging period will be given points.
– Engage in serious debate topics such as abortion, capital punishment, war, and many other possible topics for discussion as teams compete to defend standpoints, prove grounds, and provide supporting evidence to strengthen arguments.
Special War Events
– There will be several events that will function exactly like a section will, but will only last for one judging period only. These events are also worth points, so prepare yourself and be ready for anything.
1st Week Events
All sections will have a judge assigned to them. Typically, judges are individuals that have shown expertise and familiarity with the War for the sections they are judging. Judges are responsible for grading entries, reviewing performance, and granting points to entries that show excellence and competency for the themes that were provided for that judging period.
To elect to become a judge for one of the sections, follow the link to the War Judge Sign Up
thread where you will fill out a form to apply to become a judge for one of the sections. Note that judges are responsible to fulfill the judging needs for that section for the entire duration of the War. The form will ask you to provide samples, links, and experience related to the section you are judging to demonstrate your ability to judge the section. It is not necessary to provide everything you’ve done, but showcase some of your best work so that the War Leaders can grasp how strong your skills are.
Judging periods last one weeks. Submissions for that judging period end on Friday
to ensure that judges have Saturday and Sunday to review entries, tally statistics, and allocate points to the winners.
Instead of choosing what team to go to, prospective team members are drafted into teams to ensure that all teams are evened out and balanced. To become eligible for the War Team Draft, go to the War Draft Thread
and fill in the form by providing all the details, as well mentioning what categories you can excel in while providing samples of your work and/or stats to show for it. The more you provide and the better it is, the more likely a team will choose you.
Drafting is not immediate and will take place at regular intervals where Team Leaders will review the list of prospective members and will choose them based on their skills and how they will fit with the team.
Below are the names and descriptions of the teams that are involved with the War.
<To be filled in later>