Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: [WAR 9] Shizen no Senshi: Spirit Guardian Samurai

Aaannnd a lot happened while I was at work today. xD

The theme sounds really cool, I'll admit. Though I'm not RPing, I'm still going to choose my specific Pokemon/samurai and make a banner just to be cool.

Now to work on my judge criteria for Drawn Art. *yays*

Edit; New avi/sig set. Guess who it is lololol.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 06-25-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

/chants Please draft me into this team. Please draft me into this team. I gotta be honest I LIVE AND BREATHE ANCIENT JAPAN AND JAPANESE MYTHOLOGY. D':

And by the way, you might like to know this--the Samurai religion actually WAS a lot like Native American religions, they just didn't practice it as well as they should have most of the time. Right down to the shamans. The Japanese just called them onmyoji, and they eventually became official members of the imperial court. Onmyoji often had contracted shikigami spirits, and it seems like you're working on a similar idea with bonded Pokemon. Perhaps they could have an onmyodo ritual with that? Just food for thought~
Old 06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Aaannnd a lot happened while I was at work today. xD

The theme sounds really cool, I'll admit. Though I'm not RPing, I'm still going to choose my specific Pokemon/samurai and make a banner just to be cool.

Now to work on my judge criteria for Drawn Art. *yays*

Edit; New avi/sig set. Guess who it is lololol.
Yeah, a lot did! But we did come up with an awesome theme and I love it. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakken View Post
/chants Please draft me into this team. Please draft me into this team. I gotta be honest I LIVE AND BREATHE ANCIENT JAPAN AND JAPANESE MYTHOLOGY. D':

And by the way, you might like to know this--the Samurai religion actually WAS a lot like Native American religions, they just didn't practice it as well as they should have most of the time. Right down to the shamans. The Japanese just called them onmyoji, and they eventually became official members of the imperial court. Onmyoji often had contracted shikigami spirits, and it seems like you're working on a similar idea with bonded Pokemon. Perhaps they could have an onmyodo ritual with that? Just food for thought~
I see what I can do in terms of drafting. Only problem is during the last draft, I was the last one to pick, so this time around, I may be last in terms of that. I'll do my best though, you'll be next on my list.

In the meantime, I made this for the main banner. Came out pretty nice, I think.

Also, should we have that samurai Pikachu as the mascot? "Ryu the Pikachu" has a nice ring to it. XD

Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Just throwin' it out there, but how about we each have our own mascot? You know, the one our character will be attached to / partnering with. 'Snot like we just need one, and if we do ... TALKING SWORD XD.

Your Pikachu's name: HADOUUUUKEN.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 06-25-2010, 11:10 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Just throwin' it out there, but how about we each have our own mascot? You know, the one our character will be attached to / partnering with. 'Snot like we just need one, and if we do ... TALKING SWORD XD.

Mew for me ^.^
Even though I wont be rp-ing

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:

The talking sword solves all of life's problems.

I don't know what Pokemon I want yet. ;-; I have one character idea, but I don't know if I want to use it or not, so I'm waiting to see what else I can come up with. And seeing the actual RP would be helpful too.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

I plan on making an epically long RP sign-up, but that will depend mostly on how much I like the plot and what's going on in my life.

SO HURRY UP, GEORGE.

Last edited by Dr Scott; 06-26-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:

Well, that's not really a mascot then. When you have a sports team, not every individual player picks their own mascot. :P

Old 06-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

My point was that it's hard to point at one single Pokemon as a theme when everyone will have their own to center upon. At any rate, I already have us a great mascot!

Spoiler:

's a really hard, interesting decision (picking one 'mon), and I really hope George takes into account the fact that we're only going to have one 'mon on our team. Unless we just take the logical path of 'that one will be stronger because of experience and time used.' Which isn't logical in a realistic setting, as a trained non-trainer user could have all 6 out at once to help with realistic situations. Hm.

Nice use of sports, Neo. I've taken quite a lot of sports-like tendencies into this War :P. Though I've held back a bit ...

And thankfully, there's a lot of quality members in the second part of the draft, so we'll end up with someone helpful no matter what. Despite almost picking last again.

Edit to the below: Or Scyther :o.

Last edited by Dr Scott; 06-26-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:06 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Hey, if you wanna use Pikachu, I don't think I'd mind. XD
But if you want something else, um, what about Gallade? I guess it just seems to be a kinda samurai-like Pokemon to me. And no, I'm not being biased either, cause Gallade isn't really in my top list.
Anyway, its classification as a blade Pokemon and the dual-typing might be a good way to link it to the team. ^^'
Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

So I guess Scott is suggesting a Sentret/Furret mascot? That's the closest thing to a raccoon in Pokemon, I believe.

But I think I'd like to have a Scyther over a Gallade as the team's mascot.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
So I guess Scott is suggesting a Sentret/Furret mascot? That's the closest thing to a raccoon in Pokemon, I believe.
No... thats just Scott.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I think Scyther is pretty much the samurai Pokemon. Scyther or Gallade. One of those two. (I prefer Scyther personally.)

Can we pick a couple Pokemon? I know Neo had talked about using a couple of characters from Gem's fanfiction as mascots if we had chosen another theme. Maybe do something like Scyther, samurai Pikachu, and something else. Aside from that, I don't have any ideas.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Looked through the whole Pokedex, besides Scyther and Gallade, I also think these qualify as samurai-esque Pokemon:

- Marowak
- Kabutops
- Blaziken
- Shiftry
- Medicham
- Weavile

EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT REALLY SAMURAI.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 06-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Looked through the whole Pokedex, besides Scyther and Gallade, I also think these qualify as samurai-esque Pokemon:

- Marowak
- Kabutops
- Blaziken
- Shiftry
- Medicham
- Weavile

EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT REALLY SAMURAI.
You forgot Mewtwo.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.