Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick
Default Wi-Fi Help is needed.

Yeah, I'm making a help me thread.. shutup.
So I've had wi-fi for the last 2 years when I had Qwest internet. It used WEP from what I remember. But after that sort of crapped out, we switched to comcast. With the new Netgear router I needed to re-connect my DS to wi-fi so I could battle again and stuff, but I cannot. I actually like, killed our first router (a D-link 615), trying to look up the WEP key, but then it tried to regress back to the old qwest settings, and it was bad.
SO ANYWAY. My problem is that the new router uses WPA encryption for the passcode. The DS needs WEP, and I enter in the passcode and it says it's invalid or something like that. Is there any way I can convert the DS to WPA, or am I just ******? I can explain what's happening better, do it again, even provide a video if necessary.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Wi-Fi Help is needed.

What kind of DS do you have? If you have a DSi, you can change over the key type or ove it to advanced settings, and I think you can do it on the DS, but I'm not sure. My stepdad handles the Wi-Fi box around here, but we have comcast, and a NetGear box, but our DSi's run on the Wi-Fi fine. I know it can be done, just not sure how to explain it. Maybe that will help?

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Broderick Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
What kind of DS do you have? If you have a DSi, you can change over the key type or ove it to advanced settings, and I think you can do it on the DS, but I'm not sure. My stepdad handles the Wi-Fi box around here, but we have comcast, and a NetGear box, but our DSi's run on the Wi-Fi fine. I know it can be done, just not sure how to explain it. Maybe that will help?
I think the DSi and DS XL have higher wi-fi capabilities than the old ones. I have a DS Lite from about 3 years ago.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Ya, the beginning DS and DSlite only are capable of decoding WEP. They made DSi and DSXL capable of decrypting WEP and WPA. It was one of the selling features of the DSi for the sending of pictures and data or something.

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Broderick Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamoosekazi View Post
Ya, the beginning DS and DSlite only are capable of decoding WEP. They made DSi and DSXL capable of decrypting WEP and WPA. It was one of the selling features of the DSi for the sending of pictures and data or something.

Awesome... so I'm screwed then. xD
Whatever, maybe if I get enough money for my birthday next week I can save up for a few weeks and get a DS XL.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Ya I really hate how this is. The newer production DSlites may have WAP also, but don't quote me on that. The worst part about the DSi and DSXL is games like pokemon you cannot dongle. KEEP YOUR DSlite!!!

Unless you don't have advance games anyway...

PS the XLs are ugly, lol

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi

Last edited by Kamoosekazi; 07-06-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: PS
Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 AM
flaming_roo Offline
Amateur Trainer

Don't worry, you're far from screwed, I recently had this issue myself.
What you need to do is toggle your modem/routers security setting to WEP (as you may have guessed), if the problem is a router than I can be of no more help, however if it's the modem then you have to enter the modem via browser by entering a series of numbers in your browser (IE, Firefox, etc), what you have to type in depends on your make and model of modem, find out the exact details and I'll be more than happy to help you, if you have no idea what I just said then I'm happy to step you through it.