Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Chocolate Crisis Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Shard Carriers [DS)

I guess I'll transport the banner here later sometime. At Mewcario's suggestion, I went ahead and made a discussion thread for the role-play SHARD CARRIERS. I didn't think there was a need for a discussion thread yet with only a few people, but I was wrong, maybe trying to be a bit too cautious, or just too much of a newb at all this.

So here's the thread...um...discuss away. ^_^
While I'm at it, I'll put up the 'Fun Zone' stuff and character list too...

Accepted Peeps so Far:

SHARD CARRIERS

Mewcario as Robert Strife
Draconic_Espeon as Bellerophon Pegas

THE ORDER OF PALKIA

Chocolate Crisis as Nyah Nishelle Karimi
Mewcario as Lily Evay

THE SUPPORT

Light-chan as Light Eli

THE ONE-SHOT/RE-OCCURRING CHARACTERS

-

AND THE FUN ZONE
There will be several things outside the role-play (namely contests) that will be made for fun, whenever the discussion thread is made, and could provide your character special privileges. What the awards will be, I still have yet to determine, but all of this is optional. I don't want anyone feeling obligated to participate.
  1. Soundtrack Contest - compile about 10-12 songs. Try to keep the songs clean and not so vulgar. This also looks to help inspire those who may run into writer's block. Listening to music does help.
  2. Recipe Contest - there are many different berries in the Pokémon world so why not come up with various dishes that at least sound plausibly edible by humans.
  3. Know Your Character(s) Quiz - this will check to see if you've read anyone else's profiles besides your own.
  4. Art Contest - can't have a collection of contests without this section. It does not have to be large scale because I'm thinking only of banner sizes right now. Should it be just banner only, it'll be to make a banner for the role-play.
  5. The Ultimate "Arts" Contest - will combine the music, visual art, and writing to create an eye-catching, dramatic advertisement for the role-play. This will be a group contest consisting of three people. Will occur near the end of the role-play.

Last edited by Chocolate Crisis; 07-07-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon
Default Re: Shard Carriers [DS)

Ha, it's never too early for a discussion thread. ;3 The main point of them is to cut down on talking about what's going to happen or what's going on in either the RP itself or the sign-ups. So, as long as we're doing that, it's fine. As long as you're not obviously breaking rules, and as long as you have an RP that's well thought out, no one really bothers you much around here.

I think that once more people notice it, it should pick up. One of the biggest reasons for not many people seeing it yet is WAR, because everyone's busy working on entries for the various sections (not to mention the WAR RP), but not everyone is in it. And some people might still decide they have time to give it a try (like me, lol). So all hope is not lost. =3

Old 07-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Chocolate Crisis Offline
Experienced Trainer

I've been scanning over quite a bit of the WAR stuff (not in depth yet) and it looks like it would take a lot out of people. Thank you for giving it a try...that's all I ask people to do. ^_^ So if you guys have any questions about the role-play, please feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer them. ^_^

There's quite a bit I had left out due to the posting restrictions, but hopefully things are clear for the most part.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Master Zorua Offline

I don't even bother with WAR. It's like mass hysteria with a karpload of people. I prefer smaller rps; generally easier to manage, though my current one Pokemon: Rebirth is my largest in number of people. My other rp is still in SU suspension due to lack of D&D players, but will be my largest in shear scale and storyline depth.

Though I do have a question about character transition: Obviously we aren't going to get Pokeballs off the bat and our current world currency would probably be deemed useless upon arrival. Do we have to procure pokeballs, or can a Pokemon choose to follow us of its own accord?

Last edited by Mewcario; 07-05-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Chocolate Crisis Offline
Experienced Trainer

Thankfully, those are some of the things I have thought about. ^_^
Your character may have to end up procuring one, depending on if the person you're paired up with refuses to let you at least "borrow" one. As for the first Pokemon, also dependent. I don't want everyone "befriending" a Pokemon or giving the critter a reason to follow, unless it's creative. I'm not entirely saying no to the "befriending" part, but make it...believable I suppose.

Whoops...did I just reveal something? <.< >.>
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

"Paired up with"? Lol, 4 Shard Carriers with only 2 support characters and 2 Order members suddenly makes sense. xDD

But yeah, the WAR RP is generally really insane. It's not too bad this year, though. It's going a lot slower, and I've been able to keep up okay. Plus there's no mechas, warships, large scale battles, and other crazy stuff. Yet, anyway. xD

Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Another question since there doesn't seem to be anything in the rules regarding it: multiple characters. Are people allowed to have two characters in case of a lack of sign-ups?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Chocolate Crisis Offline
Experienced Trainer

Draconic_Espeon: Yeeeaaaahhhh, I didn't want to reveal that soooo soon... T_T. The war thing looks like it might be fun, but I'm afraid to join it and mess up, then all veterans would be like "GET OUTTA THE WAY NEWB!!!"

Mewcario: Yeah, multiple characters are allowed, just so long as the person is capable of handling how ever many they want. I usually suggest no more than two, but there are some very talented role-players out there who can handle up to 3 and 4 at a time. I'm looking over the profiles of two main villains and the Order of Palkia leader that I've made up so far. They're going to be re-occurring characters though so thankfully I won't always be role-playing them.

Characters can be famous, movie stars, entertainers, and stuff like that too. I would think it'd be all the more fun.

Last edited by Chocolate Crisis; 07-05-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Crisis View Post
Draconic_Espeon: Yeeeaaaahhhh, I didn't want to reveal that soooo soon... T_T. The war thing looks like it might be fun, but I'm afraid to join it and mess up, then all veterans would be like "GET OUTTA THE WAY NEWB!!!"

Mewcario: Yeah, multiple characters are allowed, just so long as the person is capable of handling how ever many they want. I usually suggest no more than two, but there are some very talented role-players out there who can handle up to 3 and 4 at a time. I'm looking over the profiles of two main villains and the Order of Palkia leader that I've made up so far. They're going to be re-occurring characters though so thankfully I won't always be role-playing them.

Characters can be famous, movie stars, entertainers, and stuff like that too. I would think it'd be all the more fun.
Haha, no one would be like that. All the vets are pretty nice around here. There's lots of people who are new and don't entirely know what they're doing. As long as you try your best, no one'll get angry at you.

... Now I kinda feel like I'm trying to sell something.

I might make another character if we're waiting for just one or two. Until then, I'll stick with Bellerophon, though.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Light-chan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Light-chan

LOL, I just found this discussion board; man am I stupid.... HI EVERYONE, I'M HERE TOOOOOOOO!!!! -failfailfail-

I'm totally excited to start this RP, it looks like it'll be fun and interesting... I had a quick check at all the WAR rp too. I dunno why but I don't usually get into that kind of stuff, I think Mewcario had a point about smaller, easier to manage RPs.
I've been in ones before (non-pokemon) where there were so many characters that I didn't know what was going on half the time, and I just got totally lost in a sea of posts... =A=

Actually, that's pretty funny that you should say something about pairing up the characters; I was hoping it would go that way. I was also thinking that, if Light found one of the poor confused Shard Carriers; would it be okay if she gave them one of her Pokemon for protection? (from her party or even a PC box). I'm sure she'd be pretty appauled to find someone wandering around without a partner (utter craziness in her opinion).

Dang, I hope some more people join soon; heh heh. I would offer to play one of the other main characters but... uh... Doing more than one would probably confuse me XD; But good on you, Mewcario for taking up that challenge.

^A^

Pearl FC: 4211-8757-5615
Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Yes, well I felt it would be good to play a second character, that way if I stumble into a writer's block with one, writing up the other might open some doors.

Oh and by the way Light, I need to tell you...
I am

((Sorry, couldn't resist ))
Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Light-chan Offline
Experienced Trainer

I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!! [and I don't even watch Death Note, LOL!!]

Oh well, I suppose Light Eli is not really like Kira, she may be kind of ... slightly psycho sometimes... but not as much as him. I don't know why but I like the look of L; seems kind of like a stoner :D

... On a different subject, I'm really interested to find out what kind of loony bad guys are the ones responsible for practically killing Palkia... surely not Team Galactic? They're so ridiculous... When I played Diamond their haircuts alone made me facepalm. Don't get me started on the outfits.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Master Zorua Offline

He certainly eats like a stoner:

I'm interested to find out myself. Maybe some collector nutcase like in Power of One or something =P
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Chocolate Crisis Offline
Experienced Trainer

GAHHHH!!! I'm sooo late and am soooo sorry. I was planning to get home sooner, but they wanted me to work all blasted day. >.<

Anyway, lol, I'm practically excited myself. I'll most likely begin the role-play tomorrow and open up the rest of the forms. There's no longer any reason to wait. ^_^
Hmm...is it Team Galactic? *scratches head* Guess we'll have to see! :P

Light-chan: It's up to you whether or not you wanna give up one of your Pokemon. XD I have no qualms about it whatsoever.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Light-chan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Alright 8D Sounds great; can't wait to get started!! Muahahahahaha! *cracks fingers*