Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless
Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III [Stickied]-Please Read- : Submit your App DUE JULY 8th:

Just make it so that anyone can tryout.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III [Stickied]-Please Read- : Submit your App DUE JULY 8th:

It's only been less then a day so don't be in a rush. We need shoddy people

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-07-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

this whole does seemed to be getting rushed a bit. if you dont get enough votes for people, id suggest that the people already chosen pick people. Our group isnt that large and most of us know each other. Also id suggest we dont rush into something that we have been out matched in two different times. Moe 2 should be back soon, until that point lets not rush into this. People are going need time to work on their teams anyways

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
this whole does seemed to be getting rushed a bit. if you dont get enough votes for people, id suggest that the people already chosen pick people. Our group isnt that large and most of us know each other. Also id suggest we dont rush into something that we have been out matched in two different times. Moe 2 should be back soon, until that point lets not rush into this. People are going need time to work on their teams anyways
Yeah sorry limitless for being so moving but I'm moving it back to 12th whether you like it or not. I want more time to prep.

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-07-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III [Stickied]-Please Read- : Submit your App DUE JULY 12th:

I'm not particularly for the whole "the most popular people pick who they want on the team" notion. That's ultimately why the system is the way it is; it's an attempt to negate popularity contest.

I'm not particularly sure as to how Pokebeach works or how often they have wars, but it's obvous Pe2k needs more prep time lest we gain an excuse if we lose. Pokebeach wants a legit win right? And we want competition, let's not rush things but lets also not bore our competition sitting in the bathroom all day trying to get out of the toilet...
Old 07-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III [Stickied]-Please Read- : Submit your App DUE JULY 12th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
I'm not particularly for the whole "the most popular people pick who they want on the team" notion. That's ultimately why the system is the way it is; it's an attempt to negate popularity contest.

I'm not particularly sure as to how Pokebeach works or how often they have wars, but it's obvous Pe2k needs more prep time lest we gain an excuse if we lose. Pokebeach wants a legit win right? And we want competition, let's not rush things but lets also not bore our competition sitting in the bathroom all day trying to get out of the toilet...
you kinda just said what i said...

the system we have now is almost the same thing, some people are voting for the people they know, not really based on overall skill. also it wouldnt be the most popular people picking people they are friends with. it would be voting on who should be in. Most of us have battled each other a few times over the last couple of years...anyways that's mostly just in case of an emergency. I dont want it to come to that

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick
Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III [Stickied]-Please Read- : Submit your App :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
Look like there's a trend going on with the sponsors. There are more people available for the job. However because they aren't being nominated or accredited enough, people generally over look them.
In other words: I'm pissed because nobody nominated me yet and I'm not popular. Sadface.
Not trying to be rude here Drake, but that was basically just a bit of whining on your part. Everybody here just needs to keep this in perspective: We're two pokemon battling sites going at an inter-site war, and we're debating on how to choose the people. There are so many factors in the actual battles that could cause wins or losses that while the skill of the battler is most certainly a hugely important thing to consider, it's not a life or death decision. Just roll with it and get this going smoothly so it'll be over in a few weeks. Nobody likes internet wars that drag on and on.
Sorry if I'm just reciting what others have said, but to be honest I've only read a few posts in the last few pages.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
you kinda just said what i said...

the system we have now is almost the same thing, some people are voting for the people they know, not really based on overall skill. also it wouldnt be the most popular people picking people they are friends with. it would be voting on who should be in. Most of us have battled each other a few times over the last couple of years...anyways that's mostly just in case of an emergency. I dont want it to come to that
No offence, but I editted my original sponsorship. Since I have no idea how good people are on Shoddy (since I am strictly Wi-Fi), I originally had Steve (ScabatheDiverman) on my sponsor list with no you, but then (being completely honest here) felt obligated to sponsor my clan leader and Steve was unfortunately odd man out. (Sorry Steve).

But yeah, I see what you all are getting at.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

I wasn't trying to rush you guys at all. All that I was trying to say was that it was silly for you guys to take that long for a process that I THOUGHT was just selecting leaders of this thing. Apparently, though, you guys are actually voting in your roster, which everyone at PB and I thought was kind of funny. Like I said, I don't really care, but it would be in all of your best interest to tryout everyone who wants to be in the war. That's simply fair, and honestly, you'll get the best talent out of that.

But, this is your guys' roster, and ultimately, it's your guys' decision.

Good luck on the battle field.
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Oh boy how am I going to start this....
1.) Broderick you were sponsored... read the list please

2.) Why did you think I put the sponsor limit to 7... it was to make people sponsor others who already had enough of sponsoring that will for sure bring them to stage 2.
I'm looking at the list I currently agree to most of the sponsoring ( sorry if I'm sounding rude ).

Yes, I'll admit.. it is a popularity contest and many people are actually just referencing to the Pe2k Battle Ladder. So if you guys who think you should be up there... then BRING your Ladder ranks up then. I know people feel sad because they ain't sponsored but you have to understand that the people who are being sponsored the most are top ranks on the battle ladder. ( Example DSL is #1 for shoddy and moe2 is #1 for wifi )

@Limitless : We're trying to get the right people. Also like I said we will try everyone but we'll be going from the voting.

You know what... I mine as well have someone take this thread because all I'm getting is pms and pms of people giving me sh** .

ALso if you guys read... just because someone got sponsored into the candidates doesn't mean they WILL be in it. We will be testing them of course. If we don't see them fit then we'll audition another person.. that simple

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-07-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

I think I know what GE is doing. I think he wanted the pe2k battle center to have some say who gets in. If we just tried out people then it would be up to a couple of people to decide who gets in. From what I understand, everyone that has at least one sponser will be given a tryout, but people who have more points will have higher consideration.

Also, I don't shoddy often and I don't like too, but I will if we don't have enough people. And yeah, brody can only shoddy and that's what I meant to put him down as.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I guess the question is, why in the world are you guys holding votes when you're testing out everyone anyways?

If you want a quick fix, just have DSL and Moe2 do the Shoddy + Wifi testing. If Moe2 isn't here currently, pick the second next best person (you can go off of your voting).

Edit: You guys are en-placing your trust in the leaders to put forth the best possible lineup. So if you guys are voting for the leaders, you should see those qualities in them.
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
I guess the question is, why in the world are you guys holding votes when you're testing out everyone anyways?

If you want a quick fix, just have DSL and Moe2 do the Shoddy + Wifi testing. If Moe2 isn't here currently, pick the second next best person (you can go off of your voting).

Edit: You guys are en-placing your trust in the leaders to put forth the best possible lineup. So if you guys are voting for the leaders, you should see those qualities in them.
To weed out some people? People who have voted knows whos good and whos not (though looking a mingly 1 point I wonder xD)

Yeah, but I think GE is set on doing it this way *shrugs*

(I feel like I'm talking on his behalf, but I'm not. :x)

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

I remember a time back on my old account when people actually TRIED OUT for a spot in a forum war. What is this nonsense.

If there are actually try-outs, then someone needs to speak up fast about it because all your posts are a 'tl;dr' thing, so explain because I want to try out for Shoddy whenever. This nomination crap won't do well for certain people, specifically me since I recently came back a few days ago with a Shoddy team at 42-7 and that "everyone battled everyone at least once" theory isn't true in my case.

WAR XI Team: .

Last edited by Fierce Deity; 07-07-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III [Stickied]-Please Read- : Submit your App :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post

In other words: I'm pissed because nobody nominated me yet and I'm not popular. Sadface.
Not trying to be rude here Drake, but that was basically just a bit of whining on your part. Everybody here just needs to keep this in perspective: We're two pokemon battling sites going at an inter-site war, and we're debating on how to choose the people. There are so many factors in the actual battles that could cause wins or losses that while the skill of the battler is most certainly a hugely important thing to consider, it's not a life or death decision. Just roll with it and get this going smoothly so it'll be over in a few weeks. Nobody likes internet wars that drag on and on.
Sorry if I'm just reciting what others have said, but to be honest I've only read a few posts in the last few pages.
No offence taken. And to be clear, that wasn't my thoughts on the situation. My concern is abit of a double edged sword here. There are capable people who are very talented, but don't usually battle outside they're group to get enough recognition. Ex. (Some people in Brink of Insanity, Pkrs empire, and even TDL have capabilites that go unrecognized). But this was just stated to access Greens concern for more participants.

Its double edged because the people who aren't being looked at are good and aren't being recognized, however because they only really battle in they're inner circle, its particularly they're fault for not being known.

But I'm beyond my own would be suggestive stages.

I'm not sure if it was stated earlier or not but, being a sponsor doesn't nesseraily quailify you for being in the war. Though majority of the sponsors (if not all) will be in the war, that thought is beside the main issue Green asserted, there not being a variety.

As limitless indirectly noted, its not rocket science, and the only real thing holding us up is the way people want things to be done. Though technically Green is running the show, his patience should be applauded for even listening to the crys of people trying to do things in different methods.

Our main focus needs to be geared toward picking a system, sticking with it, and moving on. Having someone to say "were doing it this way and that's final" is all that needs to be done (which green pretty much h attempted in a decent manner). And really the "arguing" and suggestions need to stop. Time and effort invested in trying to make a point hasn't gotten us any where yet, and that same time and effort could be vested into promoting this event so that the best possible lineup can be found.

A few to many thoughts were going through my head at the time of this post so if I seem un-clear or rambling (or missing thoughts and clarity for that matter) ill be sure to clarify things.