Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III : Auditioning: PM YOUR TESTER- We got a Chat Room Now-

This is something that Dark Shadow Lord needs to state...

I'm going to be leaving in 6 days so this is going to be an issue for whoever wants to run this thread for 10 days
Old 07-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless
Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III : Auditioning: PM YOUR TESTER- We got a Chat Room Now-

Once you guys get your main roster created, I'll start randomizing the match-ups. You can add your bench people after-wards.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
I'm fairly unsure of how your grading us DSL. Tbh i'd like to know personally. I don't intend to start an argument or really question your skill in particular, I'm just wondering because its nice to know what someone who's given the power to choose, actually looks at in a battle.

Perhaps that should have been stated awhile back before tryouts (what the tester would be looking for). And I say this because, the only situation that brought me to wondering this was the conversation about the NU pokemon being utilized in OU.

If anyone watched our battle they may agree that a rematch would be in order (Green saw) to get a better understanding of the players ability due to the circumstances. But I'm not sure how you gauge your opponent if the situation was flawed (hax), and to be honest I'm fairly concerned aswell from the trend of tryout battles. Not to say people who win get a spot and those that lose get sub (maybe), that's just how it looks thus far (but with only 4 battles its to early to "pin" that statement on you).

A little insight into how this is working would be nice honestly. I'm fully aware I was offered a rematch due to the circumstances, but being a sub is about as good as not being in it imo. Afterall, no ones been turned down thus far (again circumstances).

So perhaps someone can clear that up.
I have two years of competitive battling experience, my reputation speaks for itself. I dont like having to come back here and answer the same question over and over with you man. I told you would get a rematch when the time came.

I am very good judge of overall skill and battling knowledge. In my testing i look for team set up, prediction and knowledge of a pokemons ability and usage . Everyone has been given the same test and hax has not played a part in most of the matches.

At this point, 5 people have tried out. DA, Poli, Fierce, ETD and steve. No one else has requested a battle.The people that passed the try out battle passed. You and Steve both are good battlers but didnt win the match. I know how to judge overall skill which is why both of you are on the list for back ups and both are going to get a re match. The team is not set in stone hence the testing phase. THe more people that try out the better for this system to work.

Please try to show patience in the future

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-18-2010, 06:46 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
I have two years of competitive battling experience, my reputation speaks for itself. I dont like having to come back here and answer the same question over and over with you man. I told you would get a rematch when the time came.

I am very good judge of overall skill and battling knowledge. In my testing i look for team set up, prediction and knowledge of a pokemons ability and usage . Everyone has been given the same test and hax has not played a part in most of the matches.

At this point, 5 people have tried out. DA, Poli, Fierce, ETD and steve. No one else has requested a battle.The people that passed the try out battle passed. You and Steve both are good battlers but didnt win the match. I know how to judge overall skill which is why both of you are on the list for back ups and both are going to get a re match. The team is not set in stone hence the testing phase. THe more people that try out the better for this system to work.

I don't really mine it, with my performance, I wouldn't put myself in there either(Though to be truely honest, I was dissappointed. I thought my reputation would give me some sway, but DSL isn't judging it like that which is fine with me)

Though this might be our our roster DSL. The only other two people who might want a tryout battle are lulz and brody, and I think brody has no intention to tryout......

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 07-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Void Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
I don't really mine it, with my performance, I wouldn't put myself in there either(Though to be truely honest, I was dissappointed. I thought my reputation would give me some sway, but DSL isn't judging it like that which is fine with me)

Though this might be our our roster DSL. The only other two people who might want a tryout battle are lulz and brody, and I think brody has no intention to tryout......
You're kind of forgetting someone, you know. =/

My rep has clearly gone down the drain, lol.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Why don't the other people on the "sponsor list" want a tryout?
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Why don't the other people on the "sponsor list" want a tryout?
pm and ask them. Probably because they have no interest in doing this

I'm going to be gone for 10 days starting on Friday
Old 07-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post

The bolded is all I need to know. I won't be needing a tryout battle anymore thanks for the offer.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

So who will step up in charge while GE is gone? It needs to be someone assertive that can get people to join, because at this rate, some people here are treating this like a joke and wasting both our time and PB's. If you're going to try out, speak up and do so now. We don't need anymore time wasted, as we've clearly lost a lot of it.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
So who will step up in charge while GE is gone? It needs to be someone assertive that can get people to join, because at this rate, some people here are treating this like a joke and wasting both our time and PB's. If you're going to try out, speak up and do so now. We don't need anymore time wasted, as we've clearly lost a lot of it.
Yeah very true.. Well I'm just running the thread and I was hoping limitless can edit his 3rd post or something.

Whatever comes to the best...
Old 07-19-2010, 01:27 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Whoever is finishing out the roster can still post about it, and we can get the main roster matches up. We can keep track of the information through posts on this thread and on the PokeBeach thread.

The biggest thing I need is for you guys to get your main roster up, so I can at least get the match-ups up. You guys can fill out your bench later.
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Whoever is finishing out the roster can still post about it, and we can get the main roster matches up. We can keep track of the information through posts on this thread and on the PokeBeach thread.

The biggest thing I need is for you guys to get your main roster up, so I can at least get the match-ups up. You guys can fill out your bench later.
I don't know if we can even fill up the positions to be honest... as we're not getting people who wish to join
Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Well, I sent a PM to five members (Broderick, Knuckles, lu1z, ScubatheDiverman, Skippy the Great), so hopefully they'll accept and tryout. Feel free to PM any others.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 07-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Might as well move the two fringe players to the main roster then.
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
Well, I sent a PM to five members (Broderick, Knuckles, lu1z, ScubatheDiverman, Skippy the Great), so hopefully they'll accept and tryout. Feel free to PM any others.
And oddly enough I have already had my try-out. I know what I was told about my battle by BP in PM's, but I didn't need to get that PM.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Closed Thread