Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Ribonuke View Post
Yes, I think you've pretty much pegged the sunfish inspiration for Mamanbou. Though there may also be a bit of cupid in there, due to the wing-ness of the...wings. ^^; Seriously, if that thing ISN'T a Luvdic evo, I will be very disappointed in Gamefreak for its lack of diversity.

I really don't know about Gigaiasu though; true, it may have the same colors, but the body shape is dramatically different. Maybe if someone hypothesized its creative basis, I.E. a quadrupedal statue with a big nose or something, it'd make more sense.

I myself? I buy both versions so that I get a chance to play through the storyline again without deleting my savefile on the other game. First, though, I'd probably play White because of Zekrom, and trade for Gothiselle (Gochizeru, yadaya. Whatever she'll be called, I <33333333333333333 her and her blasé expression!)

Now here is where I would like to express a bit of disappointment...

Clearly, Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of the concepts of Yin and Ying, being called the "Yang Dragon" and "Yin Dragon" Pokemon respectively. Those of you familiar with Yin and Yang will know that Yin represents "negative, dark, cool, passive, female" energy, whereas Yang represents "positive, light, warm, active, male" energy.

I would've though this would be awesome if Nintendo had paid careful attention to all of these virtues, but judging from Zekrom's broad chest and manly pectorals...*sigh*, I guess they won't.

Nintendo, when are you going to learn that it's not just Shounen, gender-role-hammered youths of Japan you're marketing for, but the entire WORLD? I mean, you make Pokemon like Gallade male-only, yet you leave Pokemon like Gardevoir to be, not only able to be male, but 50% chance of being male? The least you could do is FOLLOW your definition of gender-correctness. *sighs again as she climbs down from her soapbox* Sorry, being an advocate for more kickbutt female characters and a general exponent of Japanese anime, this topic is very sensitive to me. Especially in the realm of a series that I've followed closely for over 11 years of my life. ^^;;

Despite this, I'm very excited about the games coming out! I can't wait to see what Pokemon await us and be able to plan my roster!
Yeah. That'd be odd if it wasn't an evolution. And the other one might not be an evolution of Nosepass, but hey - it should get a pure Rock evolution.

And, uh...Well, Nintendo screwed up its definition of "genders" a long time ago.

R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E Mr. Mime - Male only

D/P/Pl Mr. Mime - 50% chance of being female

See what I mean? Mr. Mime. Female. *Shudders* That poor, poor, gender confused kid that comes across this...

And I dunno. I can kinda see Zekrom being female >.>
Old 07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Yeah. That'd be odd if it wasn't an evolution. And the other one might not be an evolution of Nosepass, but hey - it should get a pure Rock evolution.

And, uh...Well, Nintendo screwed up its definition of "genders" a long time ago.

See what I mean? Mr. Mime. Female. *Shudders* That poor, poor, gender confused kid that comes across this...

We can only hope for a Mrs. Mime evo. Maybe it'll get some controversy like Jynx did, but that would be some long due controversy and Nintendo would be like "Well it wasn't a problem back then, why is it nao?!!" I think they shouldn't make too many evos of older Pokemon and make new, more original Pokemon.

BTW guys, expect a new legendary tonight.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
I would've though this would be awesome if Nintendo had paid careful attention to all of these virtues, but judging from Zekrom's broad chest and manly pectorals...*sigh*, I guess they won't.

Nintendo, when are you going to learn that it's not just Shounen, gender-role-hammered youths of Japan you're marketing for, but the entire WORLD? I mean, you make Pokemon like Gallade male-only, yet you leave Pokemon like Gardevoir to be, not only able to be male, but 50% chance of being male?
Well, do you really want them to put a female chest onto a Pokemon, especially a legendary? That wouldn't end to well.

Also, I thought a Kirlia had to be female to evolve into Gardevoir (exc. R/S/E)

Waruvial 2177
Old 07-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
I hope Mamanbou is a Luvdisc evo - it could really use the stat boosts. It's pretty darn cute, though! I'm guessing a Water/Flying type (please no).

It's obviously based on...The sunfish, I think.

Gigaiasu, I still think it is a Nosepass evo. Seriously. Look at that thing. It's creepy and the colors are the same. 0o'
I think it'll be a split evolution for Nosepass too. It just gave that impression upon appearance.

Mamanbou better be a Luvdisc evo. If not, then Game Freak really are running out of ideas. Evolution via level up with a Heart Scale, maybe?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Crystal-Wolf Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
I think it'll be a split evolution for Nosepass too. It just gave that impression upon appearance.

Mamanbou better be a Luvdisc evo. If not, then Game Freak really are running out of ideas. Evolution via level up with a Heart Scale, maybe?
That is luvdisc evolution no doubt about it if it isn't then i'm just going to stop playing pokemon.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Deoxys Ribonuke Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deoxys Ribonuke

Quote:

Hmm, good point. Though Mr. Mime was able to be female as soon as Gender was introduced in GSC; remember Sabrina's female Mr. Mime? I lol'd so hard at that. XDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Well, do you really want them to put a female chest onto a Pokemon, especially a legendary? That wouldn't end to well.

Also, I thought a Kirlia had to be female to evolve into Gardevoir (exc. R/S/E)
Nope, a male Gardy has been easily obtainable since Generation III when it was introduced. ^^; I'd know, because I became very...well, 'confused' by Wally's Gardevoir (the sick kid with the green hair that becomes your rival?)

Also, I see your point about boobs on a legend...though Jynx has kinda has those, but given it's a breastplate.

Also...for some reason I had the impression that Groudon was a female earth deity that created the earth both violently and with care. Kinda like Gaia. I dunno what gave me the female impression. Maybe...this?

URPG Stats:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=80909
Old 07-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Roze Offline

Okay so the mew legendary Pokemon(the v one) Vikutini is definitely the cutest legend of all. Also, after the anime starters were released.... Wotter is officially so CUTE.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Also...for some reason I had the impression that Groudon was a female earth deity that created the earth both violently and with care. Kinda like Gaia. I dunno what gave me the female impression. Maybe...this?

Bahaha, I never thought of it as female, it's so manly.

Edit:
Quote:
You think that would be a legendary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Pope View Post
I would think so, but I can't be quite clear on that yet. I can't really give my prediction till we hear what Reshiram and Zekrom are the legendaries of and what the storyline for the games will be.
Quote:
That's true but idk for me it just doesn't seem to special "looking" enough to be one. Looks like a Normal mon. But props to you if you're right.
Props.

Waruvial 2177

Last edited by Y2kPikachu12; 07-25-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

The starters look so cute in the anime!

That new legend thingo is odd. xD
#000? Even more odd haha.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Taylor Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Taylor

Moguryu is cute.
His evo isn't.

Read the Rules.

VPP Stats. | URPG Stats.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:48 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Okay so the mew legendary Pokemon(the v one) Vikutini is definitely the cutest legend of all. Also, after the anime starters were released.... Wotter is officially so CUTE.

That name hasn't been confirmed yet. It's Japanese name is Bikutini, and it is the Phantom Pokemon, I think.

It's probably a Normal type, but maybe it'll be a Normal/Ghost type? XD
Old 07-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Roze Offline

Quote:
That name hasn't been confirmed yet. It's Japanese name is Bikutini, and it is the Phantom Pokemon, I think.

It's probably a Normal type, but maybe it'll be a Normal/Ghost type? XD
Japanese bi when used it katakana can be either bi or vi I choose to use v since the bid v.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Marshmallow Pope Offline
Banned

Quote:
Props.
Well, well, well, it seems like I'm right, which is some cool sh!t. I just don't understand why it's #000? Is it something that's not recorded or something or did the Pokedex just explode from a mass storage of around 600 different Pokemon? Overall I really like this legendary and is probably my favorite out of all the little fairy legendaries.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 PM
diamond4evr421 Offline
Experienced Trainer

At first, I thought the new legend was dumb, butafter a while, he seemed to look ok. I think he'll be psychic and ghost. It's a hunch

Trade thread under maitenence

Old 07-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Pope View Post
We can only hope for a Mrs. Mime evo. Maybe it'll get some controversy like Jynx did, but that would be some long due controversy and Nintendo would be like "Well it wasn't a problem back then, why is it nao?!!" I think they shouldn't make too many evos of older Pokemon and make new, more original Pokemon.

BTW guys, expect a new legendary tonight.
Mr. Mime was the name given by Nintendo of America. Its Japanese name is gender neutral. So don't expect Game Freak, which has nothing to do with the English names, to put out a Mrs. Mime... Ever.

Quote:
Also, I see your point about boobs on a legend...though Jynx has kinda has those, but given it's a breastplate.
This is terribly off topic, but seeing this made me remember that the first time I ever heard the word boobs was in relation to Jynx. To be more specific, because my older cousin always used to yell "big boobs" instead of Jynx's name whenever she came up in the PokeRap.... Ah, memories.

Back on topic: I really don't get what the new legend is supposed to be. I mean, I like the design, but I'm not sure about the type. Because of the wings, I'm gonna guess Flying + something else.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/