Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

No, no, and already done. War is over, so anyone can join.

First two are both about PvE, and I don't want the RP to become like that, no matter what. I want conflict between people, RPers fighting against each other, not NPCs, because NPCs are never really very interesting or much of a threat. 'n besides, at this point, that'd just be pulling stuff out of our asses. And I've said that activity isn't a major concern. SLOW IS FINE, DAMMIT.

'n the reason I haven't posted yet, 'scuz I'm still freaking waiting on DE and/or Mikey to post again.
PvE isn't as bad as you think it is.

The RP could also use a few new plot developments also. Fighting over Jishen is betting a tad bit stale, sorry to say. I need new material to work with rather than trying to avenge a "not very interesting or threatening NPC." I don't mind trying to insert some new plot developments and I always have LOADS in mind, but if this RP isn't open to that kind of thing... well... it kind of feels like working with Pokemon that aren't allowed to level, evolve, or get new moves. I have some wild things in mind with yes, more NPCs, maybe some power acquisition, and so on.

Being open to change is actually good.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
PvE isn't as bad as you think it is.

The RP could also use a few new plot developments also. Fighting over Jishen is betting a tad bit stale, sorry to say. I need new material to work with rather than trying to avenge a "not very interesting or threatening NPC." I don't mind trying to insert some new plot developments and I always have LOADS in mind, but if this RP isn't open to that kind of thing... well... it kind of feels like working with Pokemon that aren't allowed to level, evolve, or get new moves. I have some wild things in mind with yes, more NPCs, maybe some power acquisition, and so on.

Being open to change is actually good.
There are plenty of RPs that do PvE. This isn't one of them.

'n just so it's clear, being "open to change" doesn't mean agreeing with the first idea that everyone comes up with.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:

No, no, and already done. War is over, so anyone can join.

First two are both about PvE, and I don't want the RP to become like that, no matter what. I want conflict between people, RPers fighting against each other, not NPCs, because NPCs are never really very interesting or much of a threat. 'n besides, at this point, that'd just be pulling stuff out of our asses. And I've said that activity isn't a major concern. SLOW IS FINE, DAMMIT.

'n the reason I haven't posted yet, 'scuz I'm still freaking waiting on DE and/or Mikey to post again.
But slow is also one step away from dead, and I don't think we have enough people to keep up a PvP environment. I also don't think we can count on new people joining, as they've probably avoided all the War RP threads since the thing started and won't be checking it out now. I honestly can only see a continued PvP RP leading to no RP at all. But hey, I've been wrong before.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:

There are plenty of RPs that do PvE. This isn't one of them.

'n just so it's clear, being "open to change" doesn't mean agreeing with the first idea that everyone comes up with.
Having some PvE doesn't mean you need to completely stop doing PvP either. In fact, there are plenty of scenarios where a PvE situation could cause our three factions to have differences regarding what to do with them, which in turn fires up new causes for PvP situations (which is what I think this RP needs). There is also the possibility that this NPC faction finds a means to ally themselves with one of the factions, while the other two become the target. Since the other two won't stand for that, obviously new sources of conflict will arise.

As long as the NPC force is not ridiculously overwhelming, its not going to deviate all that much from the original course of the RP. But recycling reasons for the same conflicts is like recycling coffee grounds. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
But slow is also one step away from dead, and I don't think we have enough people to keep up a PvP environment. I also don't think we can count on new people joining, as they've probably avoided all the War RP threads since the thing started and won't be checking it out now. I honestly can only see a continued PvP RP leading to no RP at all. But hey, I've been wrong before.
Yeah, I agree with you here. An RP that moves too slow tends to have people going elsewhere when they get impatient or believe the RP is dead. For example, Galleon may be waiting on DE and Mikey, but how does he know they haven't given up on it now that the War is done? I'm not saying they have, but if they did, he would be waiting endlessly.

And yeah, I don't see new people signing up for this. Not unless you start a new RP sign up thread, establish some kind of "Season 2" format that makes it clear you don't need to be in the War to join it, and keep things going from there with some new storyline and plot insertions. Think about it. If you weren't in the War, how exactly would you know its okay to sign up for this now?

Old 07-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

-feels bad for not posting- I'm going to do that now!

Also, whatever you guys ultimately decide to do is fine with me. I'm not particular. Or you could say I'm too lazy to argue, because that's probably true too. P=

Last edited by Draconic_Espeon; 07-29-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I think if you remove the War title from everything rp-wise, more people will join. Sorry for not posting before, but I was really busy for the past week. I plan to get into it now there's less to do.

Also, I think someone needs to decide what happened to that Rep from Des Moder. Either he had something to do with the robot killing Jishen, or it scared the crap out of him and he's hiding from getting blamed. =P
Old 07-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Hmm, I got to thinking...

Since Scott is creating an evil character anyway, would it be okay if people could create secondary characters from factions outside of ADD, SnS, and AS, and could be other "classes" besides wizards, samurais, and Ardor robots? Might have quite a few interesting results and add a whole new dynamic to the RP.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:35 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Hmm, I got to thinking...

Since Scott is creating an evil character anyway, would it be okay if people could create secondary characters from factions outside of ADD, SnS, and AS, and could be other "classes" besides wizards, samurais, and Ardor robots? Might have quite a few interesting results and add a whole new dynamic to the RP.
"Since Scott is creating an evil character"... we should break a bunch of other rules that he's not breaking in any way whatsoever?

DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY, BUT I'M STARTING TO ENJOY SHOOTING YOU DOWN.

Haha, but seriously, I don't think changing the foundation of the RP is the solution. We just need people to take some initiative that involves other people's characters, rather than waiting for other folks to do it. And that goes for all the other arguments made, too.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, I'm taking your suggestion, k_pop.

Last edited by Galleon; 07-31-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: WHOOPITY.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:22 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Edit: Also, forgot to mention, I'm taking your suggestion, k_pop.
My suggestion? Uh...which one? ^^'
Old 08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:

"Since Scott is creating an evil character"... we should break a bunch of other rules that he's not breaking in any way whatsoever?

DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY, BUT I'M STARTING TO ENJOY SHOOTING YOU DOWN.

Haha, but seriously, I don't think changing the foundation of the RP is the solution. We just need people to take some initiative that involves other people's characters, rather than waiting for other folks to do it. And that goes for all the other arguments made, too.
I'm not thinking of it so much as breaking the rules, but thinking more outside the box. But yeah, I'm beginning to feel like trying to attempt new things and come up with new suggestions is like shooting them into a black hole.

To be honest, I've hit a dead end when it comes to trying to come up with new stuff for Kano to do besides kill the NPC that killed Clair Neft. Since I've run through pretty much every idea I can come up with, unless someone comes up with something brilliant, I'm pretty much done with this RP.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 08-01-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
My suggestion? Uh...which one? ^^'
The one about changing the title. As for your other suggestion... why don't you just find a way to do it yourself? Seems like a good launching pad into the RP for you, doesn't it? Unless you've got other plans 'r something. But hell, even then, you could probably work Tulmoore in, anyway.
Quote:
I'm not thinking of it so much as breaking the rules, but thinking more outside the box. But yeah, I'm beginning to feel like trying to attempt new things and come up with new suggestions is like shooting them into a black hole.

To be honest, I've hit a dead end when it comes to trying to come up with new stuff for Kano to do besides kill the NPC that killed Clair Neft. Since I've run through pretty much every idea I can come up with, unless someone comes up with something brilliant, I'm pretty much done with this RP.
Personally, I think you're just going about it the wrong way. The whole time, you've pretty much just been considering how to change the RP to make Kano more interesting, rather than how to change Kano to make the RP more interesting.

And I don't mean to say that Kano needs to change in that terribly dramatic sense, like becoming evil or something, but just rather in a general sense. For instance, now that Jishen's dead, who all would need to learn of his death? Has he any family? Perhaps Kano could attend the funeral. And I'd imagined Kano as already being higher on the food chain than Jishen at the start of the RP, but if not, then you could deal with that whole situation where Kano gets promoted. Or, on the other hand, you could work out the situation where Kano finds a replacement for Jishen.

Or if you don't wanna worry about Jishen, anymore, then you could do any number of different things against the robots. You could launch an all out attacking force on the Autmatons' public HQ in Des Moder, or you could send a more discreet, investigatory force to gather more information, perhaps electing yourself as part of said force. I'd probably vote for something along these lines, as it would involve all us other folks in Des Moder.

And, of course, there are other things you could do. Perhaps there's a traitorous NPC among the Senshi causing problems or feeding Kano misinformation; you could do all sorts of things with that. You haven't reached Tier 2, yet, but you could still begin gather building materials for when you do; that's not a story arc, I know, but it gives you something to work with, anyway.

Point is, you're the leader of the Senshi. You have plenty of options, I think. But if you insist upon leaving the RP, then I'd at least ask that you hand the reigns over to another RPer before you go.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: War IX RP: A Fault of Souls -- Discussion

Thing is, it was assumed that Jishen was the leader of the SnS. I was put in a somewhat awkward position with that since I originally thought Kano would have been the leader from the start. Once that happened, I pretty much placed Kano in a position of being some kind of elite lieutenant instead of the leader. Thing is, in order to have Kano as the leader, I would have to do a lot of NPC work-around.

I guess you're right though, I probably have been going about this RP the wrong way. This RP is actually very different from the usual Team and War RPs that Rust and I usually host, where if you get a few magic items and put them to constructive use, its okay and even encouraged. At the same time, if you want to transform your character into something wild and interesting, its okay as long as you put the effort in it. In reflection of this, usually I'm not afraid to do things that really twist and turn the storyline, but here, I can tell that kind of thing isn't welcome. From what it seems like I guess I prefer these kinds of RPs like an RTS rather than what seems to be more like a fighting game. But since PE2K could always use some more good RPs, maybe I'll use some of my scrapped ideas toward a new RP.

Anyway, I'll leave SnS leadership to Draconic Espeon.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Thing is, it was assumed that Jishen was the leader of the SnS. I was put in a somewhat awkward position with that since I originally thought Kano would have been the leader from the start. Once that happened, I pretty much placed Kano in a position of being some kind of elite lieutenant instead of the leader. Thing is, in order to have Kano as the leader, I would have to do a lot of NPC work-around.
Well, no. I only ever portrayed Jishen as a "representative of Saraya," not the freaking leader of the the Senshi, simply because it would've been strange for all of the leaders to meet with one another face-to-face when they have such a violent history.
Quote:
I guess you're right though, I probably have been going about this RP the wrong way. This RP is actually very different from the usual Team and War RPs that Rust and I usually host, where if you get a few magic items and put them to constructive use, its okay and even encouraged. At the same time, if you want to transform your character into something wild and interesting, its okay as long as you put the effort in it. In reflection of this, usually I'm not afraid to do things that really twist and turn the storyline, but here, I can tell that kind of thing isn't welcome. From what it seems like I guess I prefer these kinds of RPs like an RTS rather than what seems to be more like a fighting game. But since PE2K could always use some more good RPs, maybe I'll use some of my scrapped ideas toward a new RP.
It's true that I haven't encouraged that type of thing, but at the same time, I wouldn't say I've discouraged it, either. I don't really care what kind of crazy powers you give your character, as long as you play it out fairly. If you want to do that kinda thing, like, oh say, have your character obtain wings from a secret society of bird people, then obviously, that's not against the rules. I've simply decided to encourage interaction between RPers, instead.

Though, it's kind of insulting that you'd say the RP doesn't do do strategy well. I mean, come on...
Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Though, it's kind of insulting that you'd say the RP doesn't do do strategy well. I mean, come on...
Strategy as in the kind where you build and research things. Kind of like Warcraft, Starcraft, Command & Conquer, and that kind of stuff. This seemed more like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat where the fights were down to a few people only.

I didn't mean it as an insult, its just a different style and format.