Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:53 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default To Be a Shroomish

It was a nice day. Though, unlike you humans, a nice day would be damp and cool. Yes, damp and cool. You see, I'm a Shroomish. Not just any Shroomish, but Shroomish of Viridian Forest. The only one in fact. It's a funny story actually, how I arrived in Viridian Forest. You see, there was this demented Pelipper, a insane Kadabra, and finally a Porygon, but you don't want to know the part about the Porygon!

Anyway, that's not the point, this story is about me in Viridian Forest and not the Porygon.

So, like I was saying, it was a nice cool day. I lay busily munching decomposed leaves under one of the trees. Oak leaves actually, my favorite food, though I do prefer Elm time to time. Anyway, I was busy minding my business, ignoring the rushing Rattatas and whooping Pidgeys around me, when suddenly, someone stepped on me!

For half a second, I felt... crushed. Not the love sick kind, but that of being stepped on. It's an interesting feeling, though I don't recommend it for any sane pokemon. Anyway, shocked, I instantly tried to move and the person fell off! Finally...

"Whoa!" he yelled, half surprised (I wasn't). I jumped up from my now ruined breakfast and glared at him.

"Shroomish!" I yelled (though I knew he wouldn't understand me). Hopefully he would get the idea that he stepped on me.

"Oh... Sorry Shrooish" he merely said. Well, he was polite, but at the time, I wasn't in a polite mood...

Of course, it was ironic enough that he was a pokemon trainer. Like a million others who had tried to catch me, this guy lifted up his pokedex and pointed the red thing at me.

"Shroomish" the annoying, mechanical voice began, "Shroomish live in damp soil in the dark depths of forests. They are often found keeping still under fallen leaves. This POKéMON feeds on compost that is made up of fallen rotted leaves."

And all I could think was, "OF COURSE WE DO! IF YOU HUMANS TOOK THE TIME TO SPEAK POKEMON, WE COULD TELL YOU THE WHOLE BLASTED THING!"

And you know what he said after that? "Hey, a Shroomish. I'm going to catch it!"

Well... duh. I knew he was going to try and catch me since he stepped on my head! Actually, I'm just a head, but it still hurt.

"I choose you, Venasaur!" the trainer yelled, his hair blowing in the breeze. He threw the red and white orb onto the ground and suddenly, a gigantic pokemon, perhaps a million times as big as me formed.

"Venasaur!" it boomed, at least, to human ears. I myself know he said, "Hi Harry Kim, I'm ready to battle this weak Shroomish, let you catch it, and continue on our journey."

Did I ever mention pokemon talk can be very precise?

Anyway, this trainer took his usual stand. (All he did was spread out his legs and cross his arms, kind of wierd if you ask me.)

"Okay, use razor leaf, Venasaur!" he yelled.

I sighed. Time to defeat another newbie.... Ah well...
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:01 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: To Be a Shroomish

The forest quieted down as the battle began. All the pidgey stood silent, the mankey rested on the branches, even the skittery rattata remained still. Some Professor Rotting Bark might say it's because their habitat was disturbed by the battle. The truth is: The Pokemon version of Television. It's true. While this Harry couldn't see them, a small arena had formed around us.

Grass vs. Grass. Shroomish vs. Venasaur. Talk about unfair.... Everyone knows Shroomish beats all. Kind of like Rock, paper, and nuclear missle.

So, following his trainer's orders, Venasaur launched several leaf blades at me. I quickly dodge to the side, well, jumped. My turn. Thinking quickly, I finally decided to take Venasaur down with the efficient attack of Leech Seed. Several seeds popped out of my head, and flew at Venasaur. Being slow and large, it was unable to dodge the attacks. 3 seeds hit it in the head, and implanted themselves there.

Seconds later, the seeds sprouted! Now Venasaur would be trapped within the planted vines.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:11 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

But, that didn't happen! Venasaur was experience, I give you that, but I have never seen it do what it did.

When the vines sprouted, sending its stringing plant stems around the pokemon, Venasaur used his own vines as a kind of... like a girl's scrunchie! The vines sprouted, but immediately, Venasaur grabbed them and twisted them around each other like hair. The vines flew out, but each time, they were braided by Venasaur's own vines and then kept in place by the vines which surounded the vines at every point. Several green, organic scrunchies formed around the vine hair, so that when the immediate growth stopped, Venasaur had three yards of hair flowing behind him.

Of course, like most humans, Harry stood shocked, jaw dropped to the symbolic floor. Figures. Has anyone seen a Venasaur with hair before?

Shaking my head, well, jumping, I gave up on the Leech Seed plan and decided to go for a more direct approach, headbutt.

I launched my entire body... head at the Venasaur with long hair (Later, I would laugh at this, but at the moment, I was angry). Harry stood shocked and didn't say anything.... Venasaur on the other hand wasn't and charged forward. Unfortunately, I had targeted his origional position. So, there I flew through the hair, when I miss Venasaur's head, my origional target, and wind up inside the vine hair! Gah!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:24 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Like a meatball in a gigantic spaghetti meal, I stood stuck within several strands of hair. I'm sure there were several firsts that day, and this was one of them.

I struggled against the vines, using my hands... head to free myself.

"Let me out!" I yelled, struggling against the brutal assault of vines.

"My hair!" Venasaur yelled. I knew he was joking, but I wasn't in a joking mood. Most people think Shroomish are angry all the time, they aren't wrong.

Finally, several seconds after my foolish mistake, Harry snapped out of his daze. For a human, he was quick. I once defeated this guy with an Eevee, Gary Bark or something like that. Insane person with all his... sisters cheering for him. Heh, their parents must have had a hard time raising them all. Though, that would explain why he passed out when I defeated him... Then, some wierd transportation thing came and moved him to a pokemon center! Luckily though, he left half his money. Not that I use money, but it was pretty good to eat.

Now where was I? Oh yes, Harry finally came out of his daze.

"Um..." he murmurred. He didn't know what to do. "Use... growl?"

How stupid can you be?! Growl! Maybe he was trying to scare me out of Venasaur's hair, but I was stuck so I couldn't run even if I wanted to. So now we have a mad Shroomish, stuck in some wierd, green hair on a Venasaur, who's growling at nothing because I'm above him! If Funniest Pokemon Videos filmed this, I would have died.

Finally, Harry gave up on growling.

"Venasaur, stop growling." he said and Venasaur listened to him like a good pokemon.

Harry put his hand to his hair and pondered. Of course, I knew how to get myself free.

"Call back Venasaur!" I yelled. "Or simply use your hands to free me!" But to no avail. He didn't understand Shroomish!

Finally, he came up with an idea, though this was the most insane idea I ever heard. I also had nightmares later on.

"Venasaur." he commanded, again. "Use Solar Beam!'

Solar Beam? What would that do? Later, I figured out that Harry wanted to use the absorbtion process to try and free me from the vines. In truth, it worked, though not the way he planned.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:33 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Around me, a kind of sparkling tornado formed as the light energy flew into the flower on Venasaur's back. I could feel the center trying to drag me into it. If you ever been in a black hole, you would know the feeling.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled. Though it was too late.

I pulled free of the vines and dropped right down into the center of the flower where the light energy was being absorbed.

Now, there were two things horrible with that scene. One, I was blocking Venasaur's flower, and two, I was upside down. All of my pollen was being absorbed into Venasaur! Now I was on top of a pokemon with green air, was drugged, and was ready to explode! What a great day...

"Ah!" Venasaur cried out as his body fought the intense pressure building up and the poison and sleep spores that flew inside its body. I didn't feel all that prestigious myself. With my pollen gone, I felt empty inside. Not to mention, stuck. Harry was a stupid fool.

"Venasaur!" Harry yelled out. Yes, we know its name by now... "Release the beam, now!"

So Venasaur did, prematurely. The beam shot out, its rainbow colors gleamed in my eyes. I figured it did so in Venasaur's eyes too, but only because he was on my pollen drugs. The beam struck a nearby tree, denting it slightly. A good oak one too, I would miss it.

Yet, even though the pressure stopped, I seemed to be lodged inside the Venasaur!

"Shroomish!" I yelled. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Apparently, my shout attack worked. That or the pollen inside Venasaur. Taking a heavy dosage, the pokemon collapsed under me. We fell with a big thump sending dust flying. Venasaur had fainted, I won. And yet, I WAS STUCK TO HIS FLOWER!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:44 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

So there we were. I was sitting, upside down on a fainted pokemon, stuck. Now it was time for revenge. The leech vines that had been neatly held together by Venasaur's vine whip, suddenly freed themselves from the fainted pokemons grasp. Detecting know energy from Venasaur, they latched on to the nearest life form, me...

Already derprived of my spores, you can imagine how it felt to be drained of evergy.

"Shroomis!" I cried as the vines absorbed most of what I had left. Normally, I could have fought them off by absorbing their energy with Giga Drain, but being upside down, my brain felt kind of confused. Soon, I too felt tired and weary. Lucky for Harry.

While I was having fun losing energy to the vines, he quickly stumbled over to Venasaur and treated him with an antidote. Now he wouldn't die due to poison, but that still meant he was stuck to me. Finally, after making sure he was fine, status wise, he stood up and looked at the little lump that portruded from his plant.

"Well, it appears we have gotten ourselves stuck in a situation." he said, half joking. I didn't find it funny.

"I'll show you stuck!" I yelled, though anyone, even insane Harry Kim, could have detected the weariness in my voice. I was tired, drained. By now, all I wanted was to be free of this blast pokemon... and to see upright. I wasn't a noctowl.

So, when Harry Kim finally removed a red and white pokeball from his belt, I was glad. Yes, anger against him still raged within me, or, whatever I gave to Venasaur, but it still lived on. Yet, I would gain revenge on him later when I felt better. Sitting quietly, I held up my body... head as high as I could, showing my pried. Harry nodded and whispered into my ear... head, "You did well Shroomish. It's time to have a break."

And so, softly, he tapped the pokeball against my HEAD. I became white energy, full of happiness with no fear, and entered the pokeball. Immediately inside, I fell asleep, not knowing if he captured me or not.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:29 AM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

Story/Plot: lol. Funny. It was of average length and it took on a different approach. Even though it was the "Find Pokemon, Capture it" sceme, it was from the Pokemon's perspective which made it original. Good idea. 8/10.

Grammar: Well, a few mistakes. I think alot of them were typos, though. Like "A insane Kadabra" should be "An insane Kadabra." I'm sure you know that but still. 7/10.

Detail: I'd say ther's a decent amount. Not perfect (Nothing is) but good enough. 8/10

Battle: Lol. Green hair.. Well, I'll say one thing, this was one of the most original battles I've ever seen. It was also long enough. 9/10.

Reality: I don't think Venusaur can be poisoned but maybe in the anime it can. *Shrugs* But, nothing too outragous was in there so i guess it's fine. 7/10.

Average: 7.8/10.

Outcome: My Cousin Captured! Congrats!