Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:06 AM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex
Default Added on to my idea everyone should really check out what I have so far

Hey everyone okay so far this is what I have from your suggestions.

The tournament will involve all of the clans if possible. I would like to have it run on wifi, shoddy and pokemon online.

The tournament will have five tiers for the wifi part of the tournament. Those tiers will consist of Uber, Ou, Uu, Nu, Nfe. Each clan will be allowed to enter up to two members per tier. Clans do not need to in all the tiers if they choose not to it is optional, but I would recommend that they enter them all that way they could have a better chance of winning the tournament for their clan. This tournament will place the top three placers, and they will receive a prize in which they will get to pick from and they will also receive a banner for winning the tournament. (I am currently working on the banners right now.) This tournament will also place the top three teams as well. What I mean by that is that each team will get points for each match someone in their clan wins. And the top three teams will receive a team banner in which they could distribute to their members for being on the one of the top teams. I will also try and find out if there can be more I can give to the team that wins the tournament, like maybe a point or so in the pe2k clan standings possibly. All clans that enter this tournament will need to submit a rooster to me on who they are entering in the tournament. If a member wants to battle on wifi, they can only be in one of the tiers no more then that, that way the other members of their clan can enter as well. A member may enter the wifi, shoddy, and pokemon online part of the tournament if they wish to, but they don't have to if they choose not to. Clan leaders may enter the tournament if they choose to as well.

The way the tournament is going to run is each person entered will be placed in a bracket. I am going to place all the names in a hat and randomly select them out of the hat to do the bracket. If I happen to draw up two people from the same clan one after another the second member drawn will be placed back in the hat and I will redraw from the hat that way no one will versus a fellow clan member in the first round. The semi-finals and finals matches will be the best two out three that way if say you just made a dumb move or something you might be able to come back and win the other matches.

I will be asking that if you could record the matches either with the battle recorder or with a video camera, so that way I could post the matches up on the thread so people could see who won. I mainly want the matches from the semi-finals and finals. I will state the rules of each tournament as we get closer to the tournament date. This tournament will be either during the Winter near Christmas time or during the Summer next year. Which ever has a lot of activity.

I am up for suggestions on what the prizes should be for the champions of the tournament. Also if there is any questions anyone might have feel free to post a response or you can pm me if you want. I think that is about all I have to add for now, I should be updating this tomorrow night if I can think of anything or if I get some suggestions that sound good.

Could a mod please approve this tournament and when I make the tournament thread if you agree to it, could you sticky the tournament thread possibly? Also any mod that might be able to answer this question it would be greatly appreciated. Do you think that the team that wins the tournament overall could get a point or so in the pe2k clan standings? Like one point for each of the tournaments maybe? Let me know what everyone thinks including any and all mods thanks for your time. - Charizard ex

Last edited by charizard ex; 09-02-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC
Default Re: kind of crazy idea that might work

This wouldn't be an amazingly bad idea; however, I think it would work better if 2 people from each clan entered each 'event' - OU, NU, UU etc. It would make it more even on points, thus making it more exciting.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 09-01-2010, 05:18 PM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCalamity View Post
This wouldn't be an amazingly bad idea; however, I think it would work better if 2 people from each clan entered each 'event' - OU, NU, UU etc. It would make it more even on points, thus making it more exciting.
Yea that is a pretty good idea. Yea we could have like the clans enter two people in UU, then have them enter two more in OU and so on. But I think it should be optional, if they choose to enter there members into the different tiers. So I think it should be Uber, OU, BL, UU, NU, NFE. What does everyone thing? Like I honestly thought about this idea last night. I would like to hear all of your input on this idea, especially the clan leaders that way it would be easier to see if the different clans would like to enter. I am going to get my clan up and running so that they can participate in this tournament. If I get enough positive feedback about this or structive ideas about this possible tournament, I will start researching info to use to make this tournament run smoothly, I will even try and get some good prizes pokes to give to the winners and get like a banner for the winner of the tournament, and for the clan that wins the tournament. If this tournament gets up and running I will make a thread to see what poke people might want. Whether it be a shiny, ev trained, iv breed or a combination of all three, or a rare event. I look forward to hearing your input everyone.

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Interesting.
I leik it more than Mudkips :D
No, but in all seriousness, the prizes are great. Only you can't promise a Shiny. Oh, wait. Yes you can!
Great idea, though. I recommend you talk to a Mod to further organize this and so they can Sticky the thread once all the bugs are killed. But I think it could work. I suggest that you also PM Leaders in other clans and see if they're even interested.
Good idea, though.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I reccomend we do this on all Three battling platforms. (Wifi, Shoddy, PO).

But what would the winning clan get? More WAR points?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

honestly dude, don't take this the wrong way seeing as how everything I say on pe2k is taken the wrong way...
on one hand I like the effort to keep activity.
on the other hand maybe you have not been in WiFi lately, but the Nintendo WiFi Connection has been acting up ALOT these days.We think due to the arrival of the B/W WiFi that will be introduced..
All Im saying is Dont get bummed when Your trying to have your matches & you get DC- not by any of the players- but by Nintendo..WFC
that is all
would have been a great idea duriing the middle of summer too alot of heads are schooling and personal lives takeing place..
Over and Out..

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Tsujin Offline

Yeah, I really like the idea. It's sounds like fun and kinda reminds me of the Pokeathalon since you said Olympics but there doesn't seem to be enough activity to have multiple clans and people for every tier group participate. Especially with school starting so many people have dropped in activity. If the activity picks up and everyone else seems interested I would definitely wanna participate I just don't think there is enough activity to get it started.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
charizard ex Offline

@Mr420- I have not recently been on wifi so thanks for telling me that wifi is not that good right now.

@Tsujin- Yea well maybe we can start advertising it and work out the flaws and stuff like that so that way when the tournament starts we won't have that many problems with it.

@BlueJello- That's good I think after I get a little more feedback on this I will talk to a mod or admin or whoever I will need to talk to about this getting approved by and whoever I might need to contact. I think though I would like to advertise this tournament if it gets approved.

I think it would be a good idea to open it up to shoddy and pokemon online as well. If that were to happen though, I would need some help with the pokemon online rules and regulations and for shoddy I would need to know the same info. I am willing to host the tournaments on my own if I have to I have no problem with that, I would just like for everyone to be able to co-operate with each other peacefully and in a timely manner. Also Hopefully we can advertise it and get all the banners and prizes up before the tournament even starts up, that way I don't have to try and find prizes last minute for everyone.

Also to answer your question Blue Jello, well I will have to talk with mods about the teams getting points on the pe2k standings. I think only the championship team should receive any points though and the runner up team in the tournament. What does everyone think about that? I will be posting another thread in a couple of days or so if I get permission from a mod to host the tournament. But I'm thinking of maybe have the tournament during the summer next year that way it has more then enough time to get the attention of members and they won't have any reason to miss the sign-up deadline and also so that it will hopefully be when people are more active on this website.

I just edited the thread with some of the new ideas. Let me know what everyone thinks

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.

Last edited by charizard ex; 09-02-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Closed Thread