Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:39 PM
AUfan Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Iv gotta admit... cursed body is kind of a letdown. I just hope that the percentage of it happening is fairly high. With all of these powerful abilities running rampant now... I would hope that it has like a 30-50 percent chance of working... (disable only works for like 5 turns, right?)

Looking at the pokedex on serebii, I was hoping that flareon would finally, finally get Flare Blitz or at least Flame kick... but I guess not. I suppose having guts now is kind of decent... but i dont know... flareon still doesn't get stab on facade and he is still too slow to sweep without boosting moves or a choice scarf. Nitro Charge looks kind of interesting though. Does anyone know how it works? I think I heard that it was a 60 bp physical fire attack that raises speed but i don't know if i am remembering correctly.

Im also kind of disappointed at the lack of a physical fire move as a tm. I was also hoping for a more powerful physical ghost move to teach to banette, dusknoir, and that new ghost/ground type... but i guess not.

Gale on Pidgeot should be interesting. It'll help the coolest looking of the birds distinguish itself from all the other normal/flyings by taking a special attacker approach.

Personally, I kind of like the genies. Its a cool concept, having legendary genies and all.

Oh, and does anyone know if that pink fish evolves from luvdisc?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
It certainly looks like it should, but apparently the Pokemon in Black and White have no ties whatsoever with any of the older Pokemon.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I know Mamanbou looks like it should evolve from Luvdisc, and Emonga should evolve from Pachirisu, but I think Nintendo wanted it to be that the Pokemon World has diverse wildlife. I'm sure there's a scientific term for what it's called, but I don't remember it.

EDIT: Ah, I remember now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodiversity

This is what some of the Pokemon are based around, Mamanbou and Emonga being good examples.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
Iv gotta admit... cursed body is kind of a letdown. I just hope that the percentage of it happening is fairly high. With all of these powerful abilities running rampant now... I would hope that it has like a 30-50 percent chance of working... (disable only works for like 5 turns, right?)

Looking at the pokedex on serebii, I was hoping that flareon would finally, finally get Flare Blitz or at least Flame kick... but I guess not. I suppose having guts now is kind of decent... but i dont know... flareon still doesn't get stab on facade and he is still too slow to sweep without boosting moves or a choice scarf. Nitro Charge looks kind of interesting though. Does anyone know how it works? I think I heard that it was a 60 bp physical fire attack that raises speed but i don't know if i am remembering correctly.

Im also kind of disappointed at the lack of a physical fire move as a tm. I was also hoping for a more powerful physical ghost move to teach to banette, dusknoir, and that new ghost/ground type... but i guess not.

Gale on Pidgeot should be interesting. It'll help the coolest looking of the birds distinguish itself from all the other normal/flyings by taking a special attacker approach.

Personally, I kind of like the genies. Its a cool concept, having legendary genies and all.

Yeah, Cursed Body would have been a lot better if it disabled the foe's last move 100% of the time. Imagine the havoc it could wreak!

It seems Nintendo is hell-bent on keeping Flareon from becoming good enough to use in competitive play.

Lol I think Wargle looks cooler than Pidgeot even if it is an Aquilamon knock-off.

Lol speaking of the genies, here's a comic I just made:

Torunerosu Fail

And yeah, Mamanbou definitely looks like a Luvdisc evo, but like Woodchuck said, BW is supposedly not going to have any prevo/evos since you only get BW Mon until you beat the main game. Still...

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Ah, yeah, that's what I was trying to think of as well. So it's like some of the Pokemon in B/W share a common ancestor with their older gen counterparts, but they developed differently because they're located in separate regions. Makes sense, I guess.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 09-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

didnt anyone else read somewhere something about a Tauros Evo..

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
didnt anyone else read somewhere something about a Tauros Evo..
Everyone was freaking out about how Baffuron (aka Buffalon) was gonna be a Tauros evo, but it isn't. People thought it was going to be though, before we were told there were no prevo/evos in BW.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Because of all this evolution talk, I made this to show what GameFreak are actually trying to do:

Warning: Do not open this spoiler if you do not wish to be spoilered on new Pokemon or are susceptible to mind-fuck.
Warning: Also very big.

Spoiler:

Obviously there are more, those are just the ones I wanted to point out. :3
Old 09-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
all this evolution talk

thanx for the mind-fuck

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-21-2010, 12:23 AM
TehSandstorm Offline

Where do they kick Munna?

And where can you buy Pokemon White (Japanese) for cheap, not the $65 that PlayAsia wants X_X
Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Ttar Trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSandstorm View Post
Where do they kick Munna?

And where can you buy Pokemon White (Japanese) for cheap, not the $65 that PlayAsia wants X_X
Uh, that is the cheapest place to buy it. Especially if you live outside Japan. Do you really expect a game with such effort put into it to be cheap? They have to pay the people who worked on it somehow lol

Their international shipping is really cheap.
36 eggs hatched
Day 1

Currently Hunting
Tsutarja
600 eggs hatched
Day 8
Chobomaki
30 eggs hatched
Day 1
Old 09-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttar Trainer View Post
Uh, that is the cheapest place to buy it. Especially if you live outside Japan. Do you really expect a game with such effort put into it to be cheap? They have to pay the people who worked on it somehow lol

Heh, that's sorta funny cuz you can pre-order it @ GameStop and it's listed as only being 35 bucks there.

Then again, is that in yen or dollars? Because I know American money, at least, is worth more than Japanese money, so if it's 65 yen it won't nearly cost as much. Well...thinking about it, 65 yen would probably only be several dollars and I doubt that's right XD. So I guess it's 65 dollars in whatever form of currency you use, Sandstorm.

/random ramble

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Anyone got the new spread sheet with all the BW Sprites and backsprites?

They updated all of Hoenn...

Sceptile looks like the best bro out there with his new sprite.

R/S remakes gogoogogo, I need this thing.

I just looked at the moves for the Ice Polar Bear thing with the Ice Beard.

How can they give it mostly special based Ice Moves with a higher attack stat? I think its only Physical Ice Move is Icicle Drop or something.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttar Trainer View Post

Along with Jess (that's your name right? xD), it won't cost that much in the US when it's released.

Waruvial 2177
Old 09-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Question Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Anyone got the new spread sheet with all the BW Sprites and backsprites?

They updated all of Hoenn...

Sceptile looks like the best bro out there with his new sprite.

R/S remakes gogoogogo, I need this thing.

I just looked at the moves for the Ice Polar Bear thing with the Ice Beard.

How can they give it mostly special based Ice Moves with a higher attack stat? I think its only Physical Ice Move is Icicle Drop or something.
Same question can be directed about Flareon.