Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

I am so getting a Drought Ninetales.

I'm not entirely sure how this whole Dream World thing works, but I guess I'll figure it out in time. Already it seems pretty wild.
__________________

  #17  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
NTT's Avatar
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 190
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

Apologies for the lateness of getting the latter two generations up, I've had a busy week of work. But yeah, I've made a start on them now. Feel free to drop and recommendations and I'll get them written up.
__________________

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
  #18  
Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

i seen a heavy rain team being used.(politoads dream world ability is drizzle). do you think there will be teams revolved around other weathers than sandstorm and hail with the addition of drought ninetails and drizzle politoad.
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
  #19  
Old 10-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

Dude
Solar Power Charizard
Reckless Staraptor
Poison Heal Gliscor

I am SO there.
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
  #20  
Old 10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
NTT's Avatar
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 190
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
i seen a heavy rain team being used.(politoads dream world ability is drizzle). do you think there will be teams revolved around other weathers than sandstorm and hail with the addition of drought ninetails and drizzle politoad.
I can see hail being demoted to the rarest kind of weather, but I'm not sure that either rain or sun will overtake sandstorm. Not only are there still more SS summoners than any other weather (not including kyogre/groudon), but this generation saw the introduction of Sand Throw and Sand Power, two abilities that act like SS eqivilants of Chloryphyll and Solar Power (Minus the recoil) respectively. Plus none of the new Pokemon that got Swift Swim/Choloryphyll (Nothing new got Solar Power) are all that threatening. Sand Storm teams just gained two new incredible Pokemon- Doryuuzu and Randorosu. Doryuuzu is the steel/ground mole, who gets both new Sand-based abilities. With the same attack stat as Salamence and a respectable base 88 speed, he can either hit like an absolute truck with Sand Power or outspeed pretty much everything without a Choice Scarf with Sand Throw. Randorosu is the Ground/Flying "genie", who also posseses a great stat line of base 125 attack and 110 speed with which he can abuse Sand Power. Oh, and the both get Swords Dance.

So yeah, I can see Sun and Rain teams starting off very popular, as people try out all manner of OU weather teams that were previously unfeasible without the ability to summon perma-rain/sun. But in the end I can SS taking back over as the prominent weather team. But that's just me (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
Dude
Solar Power Charizard
Reckless Staraptor
Poison Heal Gliscor

I am SO there.
Solar Power Charizard will be awesome for the few turns it's around to hit stuff. If they get SR up, you only get a maximum of four turns before Solar Power kills it ;D
__________________

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
  #21  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:02 AM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

with blazikens spd boost abilty will it probaly take the place of swords dancing spd boost ninjask?, or will people have uses for ninjask that blaziken doesn't.
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
  #22  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post

Solar Power Charizard will be awesome for the few turns it's around to hit stuff. If they get SR up, you only get a maximum of four turns before Solar Power kills it ;D
I'm all about the double battles, you get a Healing Beam Support in there and SR won't be too much of a problem. Or you bring it in with a Wish swap. Either way, totally stoked. >D
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
  #23  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 AM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

these dream world abilities are so cheap. theres so many good pokemon with even better abilities especially in the Uu tier. i might actually make a Uu team, but do you think these abilities will move some uu pokemon to bl or ou.
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
  #24  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Charizard Michelle's Avatar
Charizard Michelle Offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Back in Green~
Posts: 10,046
Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
I can see hail being demoted to the rarest kind of weather, but I'm not sure that either rain or sun will overtake sandstorm. Not only are there still more SS summoners than any other weather (not including kyogre/groudon), but this generation saw the introduction of Sand Throw and Sand Power, two abilities that act like SS eqivilants of Chloryphyll and Solar Power (Minus the recoil) respectively. Plus none of the new Pokemon that got Swift Swim/Choloryphyll (Nothing new got Solar Power) are all that threatening. Sand Storm teams just gained two new incredible Pokemon- Doryuuzu and Randorosu. Doryuuzu is the steel/ground mole, who gets both new Sand-based abilities. With the same attack stat as Salamence and a respectable base 88 speed, he can either hit like an absolute truck with Sand Power or outspeed pretty much everything without a Choice Scarf with Sand Throw. Randorosu is the Ground/Flying "genie", who also posseses a great stat line of base 125 attack and 110 speed with which he can abuse Sand Power. Oh, and the both get Swords Dance.

So yeah, I can see Sun and Rain teams starting off very popular, as people try out all manner of OU weather teams that were previously unfeasible without the ability to summon perma-rain/sun. But in the end I can SS taking back over as the prominent weather team. But that's just me (:



Solar Power Charizard will be awesome for the few turns it's around to hit stuff. If they get SR up, you only get a maximum of four turns before Solar Power kills it ;D
Yeah. I can see that happening. SS may go down but it will just come back.

Also yeah on the Solar Power Charizard. It looks good on paper but it just relies too much on the sun and not worth it. He losses HP fast enough already so he won't be around that long.
__________________
www.pokemonelite2000.com-One Piece at a Time Blog

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

  #25  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:37 AM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

SS is the most dominant weather in the game and in the ou there are more rock,ground and stl pokemon. i don't think SS will decline because of drought tales and drizzle Toad.
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
  #26  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 AM
NTT's Avatar
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 190
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
with blazikens spd boost abilty will it probaly take the place of swords dancing spd boost ninjask?, or will people have uses for ninjask that blaziken doesn't.
Ninjask's enormous base speed is still something a lot of people will want to make use of, but aside from that I would think so. In terms of passing the only real advantages ninjask has are an earthquake immunity and quad resist to Mach Punch, the former giving it opportunities to switch in while the latter is handy since passage hate priority. On the flip side Blaziken has loads more "bulk" than Jask and is not Stealth Rock weak thanks to it's Fighting Type. On the whole I think I'll be using Blaziken for passing, but ninjask is probably still going to see usage in that it can outspeed literally everything with taunt, making it better in the lead spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
I'm all about the double battles, you get a Healing Beam Support in there and SR won't be too much of a problem. Or you bring it in with a Wish swap. Either way, totally stoked. >D
Fair enough (: SR isn't likely to be quite as big a problem this gen anyway, since it's no longer a TM and far fewer pokes learn it naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
these dream world abilities are so cheap. theres so many good pokemon with even better abilities especially in the Uu tier. i might actually make a Uu team, but do you think these abilities will move some uu pokemon to bl or ou.
Tiers as we know them are probably as good as gone now. The brief amount of testing Smogon have done has been done with a banlist of about 6 pokes (Kyogre, Groudon, the 5th gen game mascots and a couple of others) in comparison to this gen's 17 ubers, and apparently it's suprisingly balanced. We're far more likely to see everything get completely recategorised from the top down than we are to see pokes being added to or moved around in the current tiers. Plus Smogon have decided that to begin with, only the Dream World pokes Nintendo releases (They're being distributed in a similar way to events by my understanding) are going to be legal in their tournaments and Shoddy Ladders, so these big changes will get eased in gently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmnrulz View Post
SS is the most dominant weather in the game and in the ou there are more rock,ground and stl pokemon. i don't think SS will decline because of drought tales and drizzle Toad.
I think it will become less used but will still be the most used. Now anyone that considers using a weather team has twice as many viable options as the last gen now there are new auto-weather users. Some if them are going to pick sun or rain where they would previously have picked sand.
__________________

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
  #27  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
pkmnrulz's Avatar
pkmnrulz Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC derp
Posts: 326
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

it's crazy though how a lot of ubers are currently playing as a regular Ou pokemon.
__________________
Pokemon stuff

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
  #28  
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Flame_Blader1's Avatar
Flame_Blader1 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
Default Re: Perks they could only dream of; Dream World Discussion

Speed boost blaziken is gonna be beast. And the weather changers oh god.. can't wait for B/W to release in English =D
__________________
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com