Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Jack Frost Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jack Frost
Default Gay/Les/Bi-Sexual/Straight

Hey guys :)

Well, I myself am bi and I was just wondering do ye treat people different once you know they are gay? If your friend came out as being gay would you or your friends treat them differently? Do you think it's wrong or do you think it it just as normal as being straight? Should gays be given equal rights. Should they be allowed to adopt and marry?

This is just a general discussion on the subject and I like hearing people's opinions on it as it does mean a lot to me and your opinion is your opinion.

If this is in the wrong place please let me know as I am new to this site.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Gay/Les/Bi-Sexual/Straight

This board is for serious discussion; you seem to be leaning more towards the casual side, but we'll see how it goes.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

I support gay marriage. I have many gay friends and don't see them as different, though there is clearly still a lot of hate.

My best friend was killed in 2006 for being gay. Before, I supported it, but post-passing (when needed) I campaign and defend for same-sex equality.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Oddly, my school, despite being in a quite conservative state, seems to be very tolerant towards the issue. There's a few openly lesbian/bisexual girls (quite a few of the latter, actually) and a couple of openly gay guys. The only time I've heard of harassment is when this one guy started taunting and harassing one girl for it, and the hour after it happened my whole math class wouldn't stop talking about how they wanted to break his neck for making her cry. So. Acceptance! Good things.

Still, I have to ask...is it wrong to laugh at a gay guy if he's one of the super-flamboyant ones? Because I find myself terribly amused by that subgroup, not because they're gay, but because they refuse to have other hobbies that don't somehow involve their gayness. Also, they're just plain funny.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Still, I have to ask...is it wrong to laugh at a gay guy if he's one of the super-flamboyant ones? Because I find myself terribly amused by that subgroup, not because they're gay, but because they refuse to have other hobbies that don't somehow involve their gayness. Also, they're just plain funny.
Think about some group you're a part of and a stereotype around that. If you wouldn't mind people laughing at that stereotype, then I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Just remember that when people more sensitive to that kind of thing than you call you out, to be respectful of their wishes.

Anyway, I'm personally straight, but frankly I don't care about sexual orientation. My mother's bi, one of my best friends is bi, my former crush-now-good-friend is a lesbian, my sister's actually pansexual, and none of it makes any difference to me, cliche though it may sound.

Remember kids, October 20th, wear purple.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Personally, I feel the majority of gay people (at least in my area) are way too in-your-face about their rights. It annoys me, that's all. [cue flamewar]

I'm also wearing green on the 20th to piss people off.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Personally, I feel the majority of gay people (at least in my area) are way too in-your-face about their rights. It annoys me, that's all. [cue flamewar]
I agree with this. I have a few gay friends, but they don't advertise it at every given moment, and are regular cool folk (who play Team Fortress 2 and are generally awesome).

Hey gay people, think us pot smokers enjoy our civil liberties? You are not the only group fighting for your freedom. Stop acting like the stage is all yours.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:08 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

I just think that no matter what the sexual orientation is, we're all human, and we should all be treated as humans by other humans.

^^^ Best PE2K ad ever.

[14/05/10 1:18:10 AM] Mitch: kenny
[14/05/10 1:18:12 AM] Mitch: real talk
[14/05/10 1:18:15 AM] Mitch: if we were both single
[14/05/10 1:18:16 AM] Kenny: sure

98% of teenagers drink alcohol before 16. Copy this to your signature if you waited until your 16th birthday to drink illegally.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Hmm.

Well, I personally am straight and all. I don't.... really.... gee... okay, um, how to say this delicately.... I don't really think homosexuality is a good belief. I have nothing against the people, but I just don't like the belief. We all clear on that? Okay, good.

HOWEVER. They do have a right to their beliefs, and constitutionally (as I live in the US), they should be allowed to continue with their lifestyle, whatever I may think of it.

Now, excuse me before a flame war starts.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 10-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'm straight, and I never have had any gay thoughts at all, but I do think its hot for girls to be Bi :P

Anyways, I totally think everyone should have their normal rights, and it should not matter on their sexual alignment. Its basically taking away your rights as an person to not be able to pursue your beliefs and stuff, its the same thing as restricting certain religions.

But I do agree with Snake on this one, I have some gay friends, but the people in out neighborhood are really chill. Most other gay people do annoy me with their almost never ending talk about how they should have rights too. I agree most of the time, but they just go overboard.

To you Doodlebop, I'm not going to be a douchebag and just say your opinion is straight up wrong, but thats basically how I feel about what you just said there. What if someone came up to you and told you that your view on sexuality is wrong? Or what if someone came up to you and told you that your opinion is straight up wrong or not a good belief every time you tried to state your opinion? Just speaking my mind here.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Doodlebop Offline

All right, good point, Retro. I don't mean to cause offense to anyone or anybody. However, seeing as this board asks everyone's opinion on the matter, that is my opinion. :P

Also, keep in mind I just don't like the belief. Absolutely nothing against the people. Sort of like differing views in, say, politics or religion. Just because I don't agree with your beliefs doesn't mean I don't like you or anything.

Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
My Links
Old 10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

You could say that straight people should stand up for their beliefs with equal rights as gay people, right?

I've seen gay people that said they hate straights and get applauded for it. Just being logical, can't it work the other way around?
Old 10-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
I'm straight, and I never have had any gay thoughts at all, but I do think its hot for girls to be Bi :P
I totaly agree on that one.

I dont really care if my friends are gay. There just people and thats how they wana live there life. it dosent say anywhere in The Book of Life that everyone has to be strait.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Apparently, some people are more equal than others. =.=

Also, I don't hate gays (nor do I know anyone who does) I just dislike the belief.

EDIT: Just noticed Master_Groudon's post. What do you mean by the Book of Life?

My Links
Old 10-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
Apparently, some people are more equal than others. =.=

Also, I don't hate gays (nor do I know anyone who does) I just dislike the belief.

EDIT: Just noticed Master_Groudon's post. What do you mean by the Book of Life?
Ya know how people say that you are suppost to do what everybody else does and not do something that totaly stupid and not normal? well The Book of Life in my eyes is the book that lists all the normal things we humans should always do. (unless your a robot-alien dude from mars)