Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 10-31-2010, 11:57 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Voice Acting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
xD Yes, I think it's a good idea. Then we can update the first post to include everyone's voices, and maybe which characters they're playing so far.

Oh, I don't know about that. It might make people think characters as assigned!

Rather, and I could be wrong, I feel it should be so that people feel open to voice any character they want and perhaps even offer different interpretations should they wish to do so.

And Graceful, I suppose male since that's what I am, but I think it's a matter of whatever fits!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Oh, I don't know about that. It might make people think characters as assigned!

Rather, and I could be wrong, I feel it should be so that people feel open to voice any character they want and perhaps even offer different interpretations should they wish to do so.

And Graceful, I suppose male since that's what I am, but I think it's a matter of whatever fits!
Well, you don't have to. I thought it might be nice to know who's playing who in what clip. xD

But yeah, putting a clip of everyone's voice in the first post, providing people will do it, sounds like a good idea to me.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 11-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Oh wow, what an awesome thread! I've always wondered what my fan fic characters (and those from other fan fictions I've read) would sound like.

Neo, I loved your narration. It felt like I was watching a movie. Very awesome.

And if somebody ever needs a girl/little boy voice, I'll be happy to provide it. :P

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Oh! xDDDDDDDDDDD I read your post as "Anyone have a weird and quirky voice," for some reason, and so I was meaning that I'd offer to do a voice for you. xDDDD Wow, I need to actually read things.

Quote:
Well, you don't have to. I thought it might be nice to know who's playing who in what clip. xD

But yeah, putting a clip of everyone's voice in the first post, providing people will do it, sounds like a good idea to me.
I think that's a good idea though. If I was a character of someone's in a clip, then I'd want to be that character again and stick with her/him. I think it would be good to have a listing of people who are interested in voice acting, and then what characters they have played. I like the idea of having a sort of sign-up sheet that people can fill out perhaps, and it could have things like your name, your voice type, your acting skills, your availability (as in, what hours you're on Pe2k or able to record the lines), your contact details (if you can be contacted outside of Pe2k), etc, and then if we include clips of our voices and they're put with the form in the front page, it'll make it a whole lot easier for people to type cast and they'll know to just contact people if they want them to do a voice for them. ^^ Can I do a mock form? o:

Name: Grace/Flareon/Suicune.
Accents: Australian (naturally), American, some kind of English. xD
Voice type: Average pitch for a girl, I suppose. x)
Availability: Every day, but different times depending on whether it's a weekday or weekend. But for at least 6 or so hours every day. I'm on Pe2k every day, multiple times a day.
Contact details: Pe2k, deviantART (GoldFlareon), AIM (XantheFlareon), etc.
Voice example: Click here to listen to Voice test.mp3
Characters so far (on this thread): Just Dusty for scenes in my story, but the clip isn't done yet. xD

How's that? o:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 11-01-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Giratina Offline

What the hell, might as well.

I actually did record myself talking for another forum's "Let's hear our members' voices!" thread and, since my recording supplies are annoying and take an unnecessarily long time to sort out, I figure I might as well link you all to that video instead of recording a whole new one. It's also a Kingdom Hearts roleplay forum, which should explain the presence of names like Lexy and Zexion and Demyx and whatnot... if they even appear. And I did like three versions of this video and I didn't script a single one of them, so I have no clue what I said. XD

So, uh, that's my voice as it would come out on a wad of recording software. ^ ^b

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-01-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

I'm finding it really hard to remain in my murky depths now that this has arrived...
*contemplates returning just for this*

Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

In the Spoiler is a special bit based from my fanfic, which doesnt have much speech, so yeah. If anybody would like to voice the below segment, Keiru is Male, and Sotila is Female ^^. Hehe.

Spoiler:

"Sotila, what are you doing here?" Keiru asked, a tone of worry in his voice. "This is a battlefield, you should be remaining back at Beachcoast city."

"Keiru, where is the excitement in remaining back at home?" Sotila asked, sighing. "I mean, it's fun and all being in a city as grand as Beachcoast, however, I want to live on the moment, seek the thrill and adrenaline of battle, which I sadly will not find sat back in the city."

"Are you crazy? If anything were to happen to you." Keiru growled, anger swelling up inside him.

"If. It's always if with you. If isn't certain!" Sotila argued. "I could get hurt, yes, but will I? No. The chances are slim, and anyway, I thought you would be protecting me if I was on the battlefield anyway, you said so yourself."

"Oh, not this again..." Keiru sighed. "I said that thinking you wouldn't be stupid enough to actually come to the battlefield, but clearly I was wrong."

"Stupid? You're calling me stupid?" Sotila roared in anger. "The nerve of you! How can you be so cruel and foolish to call me stupid, you foul man!"

"Sotila, wait!" Keiru called out, and Sotila sighed. "Look, I-I'm sorry, alright? I just don't want anything to happen to you, is that too much to ask for?"

"Well, no, it's not." Sotila responded after a moment's hesitation. "But, where is the excitement in remaining back at the city? Can I at least accompany you in battle?"

"I-Yo-We-N-Fine." Keiru spluttered, before recomposing himself. "Fine, but don't get in my way."

"Get in your way? Don't make me laugh." Sotila chuckled softly. "You won't even notice I'm here, trust me."

"Yeah, I won't even notice you're here." Keiru whispered to himself sarcastically.

"What did you say?" Sotila asked.

"Nothing." Keiru replied hastily. "Let's get going."

Anywho, nice job Giratina and Suicune =)

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 11-03-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

YAY. I recorded this in a rush before I had to leave so hopefully it's not too bad. xD

Clicky to listen!

Links
Old 11-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Elecii Offline

I gotta do one of those voice tests.

I love your voices, GS, Giratina and Gem. I'll sound so weird, although you've already heard my voice, GS. I have an English accent, so compared to all you guys, I'll probably sound really odd. xD

i can't love you more than this
Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Okay, I have a need for voices for a script I'm putting together. It's a... comedy of sorts.

The following parts need voicing:

Kenny - Female Voice (the higher the pitch, the more fitting)

Rust - Weird Voice (can also be robotic, young, bizarre, and/or any other number of things)

Sarah - Female Voice

Serebii Joe - Extremely weird voice
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Quote:
YAY. I recorded this in a rush before I had to leave so hopefully it's not too bad. xD

Clicky to listen!
Hehe, always love hearing that voice ^^. Looking forward to recording the lines you sent me and hearing yours too ^^!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

I'm all over this bandwagon!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
What the hell, might as well.

So, uh, that's my voice as it would come out on a wad of recording software. ^ ^b
xDD I kinda expected you to sound like that! xDD Hehe, nice. x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
I'm finding it really hard to remain in my murky depths now that this has arrived...
*contemplates returning just for this*
OMAIGOODNESS YOU SHOULD. It's fuuuuunnnn. C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioo View Post
In the Spoiler is a special bit based from my fanfic, which doesnt have much speech, so yeah. If anybody would like to voice the below segment, Keiru is Male, and Sotila is Female ^^. Hehe.

Anywho, nice job Giratina and Suicune =)
Squee! I could do that if you'd like me to! 8D

Aw, thanks. x)

Quote:

Clicky to listen!
Teeheehee, your adorable baby voice. xDDD How could I ever forget that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecii View Post
I gotta do one of those voice tests.

I love your voices, GS, Giratina and Gem. I'll sound so weird, although you've already heard my voice, GS. I have an English accent, so compared to all you guys, I'll probably sound really odd. xD
Hehe, you should. x)

Thank you! 8D Haha, you don't sound weird. xDD Hahaha, I think it's funny two of us who have sampled our voices are Aussies. xD

Quote:
Okay, I have a need for voices for a script I'm putting together. It's a... comedy of sorts.

The following parts need voicing:

Kenny - Female Voice (the higher the pitch, the more fitting)

Rust - Weird Voice (can also be robotic, young, bizarre, and/or any other number of things)

Sarah - Female Voice

Serebii Joe - Extremely weird voice
*is suspicious* Hmm...all names of mods I know... xD ('Cept Serebii Joe.)

I could do Sarah. 8D If my voice fits the character, that is. xDD

@Lavinator: xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD "This automatically makes my voice 50% less cool." xDDDD Nice. xDD Well you sound cool anyway! xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Teeheehee, your adorable baby voice. xDDD How could I ever forget that?
Baby voice? Aww, I do not! ;___;

I don't like my voice anyway, but yeah. Here if anyone needs it. *make sure you know I'm Aussie* xD

Links
Old 11-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

You Aussie people sound cool. Gem and GS, you guys sound cute. :)

Giratina, hehe, "Giant ball of static!" xD I think you sounded fine. And lol at Larvinator. Yeah, I feel your pain. Being Aussie would be great. :P

Here's my voice; use it as you please. xD

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce