Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: Phantom Blade

Excellent SU Doodlebop. You have been accepted and your towns shall be added.

EDIT: I have made a change to the SU sheets and they now include age. Please edit this small detail in, it is very appreciated.

Last edited by NES2; 11-08-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Character Name: Gojira the Sacred Drunk Buddha
Character Gender: Male
Faction: Order of the Phantom Blade
Weapons: Nothing but a simple wooden staff... (Its actually a staff made of Snakewood, and the ends are iron plated.) Gojira also carries a small pouch of needles at all times, and not just for acupuncture. Gojira can throw the needles fast enough to go throw 2 inches of glass and with the accuracy of an eagle's eye.
Description: Gojira's appearance may carry the message of a drunk old monk, but his skill in fighting says otherwise. His age is unknown, even to his apprentices. He is smaller than the mid sized teenager, at 5'4 and weighs even less. His only clothes are his orange monk robes, and wears no shoes or armor whatsoever. He sways back and forth and seems unbalanced. He is always drunk, and therefor appears to be the simple drunkard monk.

Spoiler:

Personality: Gojira is one of the most compassionate and caring fellows one could ever meet. the only hate he feels is toward those who hate back. He fights for peace, despite the contradiction it presents. He is always drunk and some say that when he hasn't had his bottle of gin, he is the most helpless, grumpy old man to ever live. Others say that he only drinks alcohol to repress his full strength, but no one knows which is true. No-one, not even his pupils have seen him sober. Gojira strives to protect every living creature from harm, and makes sure every person is safe from evil. If even one robber enters his town, he makes sure that that robber will never be back again, and never be able to sit down.
History: Gojira comes from the mountainous regions of the continent, but no one knows exactly where or when he was born. People say that one day the kindly old man appeared in the town. Ocarina, the town where he says he is from used to be a notorious criminal town. Within the week that he arrived there, all crime and criminals vanished from the town without a trace, and some say they left because he fought them all away in the night. He pleads differently. Due to his extremely high status in the Buddhist religion, no one has ever questioned him about his origins, but the most popular story passed on by his pupils goes like so:

Gojira was born a troublemaker. He would run around Ocarina stealing fruits from people's carts and pickpocketing tourists. He had no father, and his mother was a Buddha who simply sat around all day meditating. Despite this, she somehow always knew where Gojira had been, and what he had been doing. Whenever he came back to his mother, she scolded him for troublemaking while still keeping her eyes closed. He would sigh and apologize before returning to his troublemaking deeds. One day, Gojira came back to his mother just in time to witness a turning point in his life. His mother being robbed. But, despite all going on around her, her expensive incense being stolen, sand being kicked in her face, and her sacred altar being smashed, she sat there and continued to meditate. Gojira tried to wake her up afterward but she was in a state of total nirvana. When she awoke, Gojira had fallen asleep in front of her, clutching the little Buddha statue in his hand. After seeing him, Gojira's mother realized his life had taken the turn towards the better, a life of peace and teaching. She stood up and left then and there, leaving Gojira on his own. When Gojira awoke to find his mother gone, he did not scream, he did not cry, he did not throw a fit. He simply stood up and walked out of the town, towards the great mountains to the west. He climbed to the top of the highest peak and sat down there and meditated for a great many days until he reached his current age. He then took on the life of educating others in the way of the drunken Buddha.
Location Name: I want city 16 to be called Ocarina.
Other: (Ah, that section that nobody uses. This is where the stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes.)

There you go, second SU done.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats

Last edited by Retro-Smasher; 11-09-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 PM
NES2 Offline

Read the post before this one. Please add age, because it's hard to tell when you are old. Also, city 3 is taken.

The words in Italics are now invalid, since I just realized you said his age in unknown. Accepted.

Last edited by NES2; 11-08-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Read the post before this one. Please add age, because it's hard to tell when you are old. Also, city 3 is taken.

The words in Italics are now invalid, since I just realized you said his age in unknown. Accepted.
Okay, I'll fix the town thing.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Gotcha, will let you know when I finish. I've never intended the Inui to be a huge species, and I'll have to think up how they came into existance, but that shouldn't be too hard. :)

EDIT: Fixed, hopefully you don't mind alchemy--I was just at a friend's watching Fullmetal Alchemist. :)

Character Name: Lior Ariel
Character Gender: Male
Faction: The Order of the Phantom Blade
Weapons: Mainly a pair of silver rings on his middle fingers with swirling wind designs etched into them that manipulate wind, otherwise he keeps a twin pair of shortswords sheathed on his sides that he can use just as well.
Description: Lior is your average nineteen year-old boy, with the exception of his slightly long snow wite hair and liquid silver eyes. He tends to wear a mix of light and dark colors, but always long sleeved shirts no matter what color, and jeans. He's got a friendly aura to him, and he's always smiling. He carries around what looks like a miniature coffin on his back, but it's actually a violin case. He carries his violin with him constantly, and it seems like the case is almost indestructable, as far as anyone knows
Personality: Lior is a friendly guy and he's got the attitude of a proper gentleman, even if he can be a bit teasing. He's usually all smiles, unless there's a cause for him not to, like violence. Lior cannot stand violence, and will openly jump into fights in order to stop them, which is one of the very few times he will use his purposefully try to hurt another person, otherwise he refuses to. Personally, he hates hurting others, which is why he frustrates his fighting teachers to no end, not that he really cares for them. He gravitates naturally to happy people, and tries to cheer up anyone he can tell is feeling down. He also has a great love for music, and can often be seen by the fact theat when he's not frustrating his fighting instructors with his dodge-and-wear-down tactics, he spends every other free minute hammering away at his instrument, and trying to convince Luna to dance to it. He has a strong sense of good and bad, and greatly dislikes "bad" people though he will always try to believe in someone having at least a little good in them.
History: Lior was born and raised by a single mother who worked as a teacher of language at the massive college in Scientia Fontis. He spent the hours his mother was away from home roaming the streets as soon as he was old enough to wander by himself and know how to get home, and playing with other kids his age, of which there were few being that the town is more known for the college, therefore attracting younger people and not as many older folks, so he adapted and became quick to friend the older people in town as well, one of whom was a rather gifted wind mage who deemed Lior a suitable student and taught him in the art of wind magic. Around the same time he took up learning magic in the element of wind, his mother decided it beneficial to Lior to have him learn to play an instrument, and Lior took up the violin, both of which he quickly learned to love. Once he reached the age of sixteen, his mother told him he could make a choice: either stay in Scientia and become a scholar, or learn how to fight and become a fighter for good. Lior finished his studies in wind magic and packed up to leave home for the most good cause he knew: The Order of the Phantom Blade, though he was not educated in it's true purpose until he got there.

Knowing the Order's true purpose didn't change his objective however, only strengthened Lior's reason to join. He quickly fell into life among the group's members, and took an intrest in Luna there. He'd read a lot of books on mythology and creatures of oddity in the library of the college, but had never come across a member of the Inui species until her. He also caught her singing one night after not being able to sleep, and hasn't stopped bugging her about getting her to sing more often ever since, his effeorts simply brushed off or flat out ignored, though if he presses enough and she's in a good mood, she might dance. Otherwise he's spent the better part of close to three years trying to advance his knowledge and mastery of wind magic, and taken up learning the use of his twin shortswords, though constantly frustrating his teachers because of his refusal to actualy attack anything.
Location: I'd like to claim 8 as Scientia Fontis, a quiet town known for it's massive college, where one can learn almost anything they wish. It's aso known for it's many libraries filled with literally thousands, possibly millions of books on every subject imaginable. Locals just call it Scientia, and many of it's inhabitants are young, serious scholars that frown on troublemakers, though angering those skilled in magic could get you a rather sever punishment. Name literally means "knowledge fountain" in Latin.
Other:

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 11-10-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:14 AM
2gamers Offline

Couple of questions:

1. What exactly are the signs of Dinako's return? The intro says they're happening, but we aren't told what they are. Are their demons running around or something?

2. It seems that several characters have been with the Order for years. Does that mean many of them know each other or perhaps are good friends? It might be a good idea to start developing relations between characters before RPing ;).
Old 11-09-2010, 02:35 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Reserve me for an Order and one of Dinako's children/servents.

I was thinking Town/island 14 could be Lava Island or something like that.

Anyway, I will have the Su's done as soon as I possibly can.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gamers View Post
Couple of questions:

1. What exactly are the signs of Dinako's return? The intro says they're happening, but we aren't told what they are. Are their demons running around or something?

2. It seems that several characters have been with the Order for years. Does that mean many of them know each other or perhaps are good friends? It might be a good idea to start developing relations between characters before RPing ;).
Both excellent points. Considering the fact that Leander was 16 when he joined and he's 19 now, that would make sense for him to know at least some of them. ^^

And I forgot to mention, but Leander can talk to animals in wolf form. That okay?

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 11-09-2010, 08:17 PM
NES2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gamers View Post
Couple of questions:

1. Sign's of Dinako's Return are usually caused by bad spirits, and include but are not limited to: unusual bad luck, plague, famine, drought, and anything natural that could cause problems.

2. Yes, any character having joined the Order BEFORE the current events will know each others, though in some cases, such as my characters, the person may have left the Order BEFORE another character joined. So yeah, anyone in the Order will generally know each other.

Also, only 2gamers has edited his profile with the requested information. Everyone else SHOULD DO THIS. Anyone who has written a profile but has not added this is accepted, but I expect you guys to do so soon.

Last edited by NES2; 11-09-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Coddleflop Offline

Chfck my 'Other' section, newb ;)
Hmmmm, bad spirits you say? Bah, they be no match for me! >:F
Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Luna's age is mentioned in her description, and Lior is done as long as you find nothing wrong with him. And I would guess they all know each other if they're in the Order or the Children together--Lior usually tags around Luna, but he's friendly with just about everyone.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-10-2010, 01:57 AM
2gamers Offline

Unlike the others, Lucretia only just joined the Order as a "supplemental fighter" to boost numbers. So she knows no one, which should be a little interesting.

As for the others, maybe they have special team combos that they've worked on over the years. Or shared secrets of their pasts. Or have a secret handshake. That works too :P.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Edited it. ^^

We should probably work out what the characters know about each other before we start the roleplay. Maybe not in the SU thread, though... Perhaps we can open up the discussion thread before the RP and work it out there?

Also, do the Dinako's Children members all know each other? ...It also seems they're heavily outnumbered...

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
NES2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
Edited it. ^^

We should probably work out what the characters know about each other before we start the roleplay. Maybe not in the SU thread, though... Perhaps we can open up the discussion thread before the RP and work it out there?

Also, do the Dinako's Children members all know each other? ...It also seems they're heavily outnumbered...
Doing that now and will edit this post with a link.

As for Dinako's Children, the villain will ALWAYS be outnumbered, but NPC's shall make up for it.

EDIT: Discussion here.

Last edited by NES2; 11-10-2010 at 08:21 PM.