Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:37 PM
shouma Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Battling Center Feedback: Now with new thought! =9

looking for a good batttle standard rules:
no ubers
single
OHKO
pm me if so my friend code is in sig. send yours in pm

ign:doudy
fc:1547 5386 6755
Pm me if youre ready to battle
Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 AM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

I think someone should take over the Pe2k Gyms thread.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

I have came up with an idea! The main clans have become big and strurated right? So what is happened is the number of clans around has been reduced to a relitvly low amount. so my ide is simple we need to cut the number of members allowed in clans to about between 9-12 at least in order to encourage new clans to grow which is vital for keeping clans avlive become right now the number of wars is 0 and will remain so for months to come.

~takeru
Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeru takaishi View Post
I have came up with an idea! The main clans have become big and strurated right? So what is happened is the number of clans around has been reduced to a relitvly low amount. so my ide is simple we need to cut the number of members allowed in clans to about between 9-12 at least in order to encourage new clans to grow which is vital for keeping clans avlive become right now the number of wars is 0 and will remain so for months to come.

~takeru
Clans can challenge each other, and eventually, they won't be able to deny. There are enough clans to have wars, they just aren't challenging. The rules are very easy to manipulate right now, but for some reason, no one is taking advantage of them.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Jose Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jose Send a message via MSN to Jose Send a message via Yahoo to Jose

Well I was thinking about the battle center and I think we have way too little events, I think we should have more forum events, and we should get back the gyms, we should also have like a calendar with different events hosted by us for us, and btw I will try to get the server up once again.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Alright. I was thinking about setting up the Official PE2K Gyms again. Opinions?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Godot Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Godot

Yessssssssssssss.
(word limit thing)
Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 AM
Tommy G Offline

Anyone want to battle me go for it just message me :)

FC (Soul Silver): 0088 6724 8401
Youtube Account
WiFi Battle Record: 6-1-3
Old 11-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Okay, bumping this topic up for a rather serious post regarding to the PE2K.

Me and the staff of PE2K have been trying to find ways of improving our battling center. Let's face it, the place is barely active, with four main clans and no war occuring for goodness knows how long. The battling center is a dying subforum and I think we all know this.

But that may all be about to change. I'd like members of the clans in this board to post their opinions and suggestions on this somewhat controversial subject.

The PE2K staff have devised ways to improve this place. First was the implementation of the following rules: (note that these haven't been put into practice. Don't worry, the purpose of this post isn't to change the battling center right now, but just to see what others would think/feel about them. If you don't like them, feel free to say so. I plan to make a poll on the following, I'll link to it once it is made.)
  • Rule Suggestion #1: Somewhat minor, but all new clans must have at least 6 members instead of 5 to become official. This makes becoming an official clan that little bit harder, and so if it doesn't work out then the members can join the current clans (if any space).
  • Rules Suggestion #2: All clans must have at least two wifi battlers, two shoddy/pokelab battlers and one PO battler before a clan WAR can be declared between two clans. This allows diversity in clans and in clan WARs, instead of having one type of battler saturated in one clan.
  • Rule Suggestion #3: Now, this is the highly controversial one. I think that the maximum amount of members in one clan should be cut from 15 to 10. With 3 clans with 15 members each, no one can join any clans due to the current limit, and new members aren't likely to start up their own clan anytime soon. Yes, this rule does imply that 5 members from each clan need to leave / be kicked, and I know many of you will not like this. However, that means 15 members will be clanless, and that means at least 2 new clans will be created. At the moment, Burning Inferno can disregard this rule, with only 8 members present.
  • Rule Suggestion #4: This rule is only imposed in some clans. I'd like to make it a rule across the board. If a member is not active (i.e: posting at least once a week) then they shall be kicked. This opens up space for newer, more active member to join.

Opinions and suggestions are very much appreciated. Feel free to suggest more rules if necessary.

Last edited by Etymology; 11-14-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Elite_Battle_Master Offline

Any and all rules implemented for this particular subject IMO don't really matter.

The difference between this forum and others (Serebii, Smogon, etc.) is the traffic (and to be a bit more specific, the knowledge of its members).

I've battled on pretty much every forum online for competitive battling and the problem here is this place OVERALL is completely dead (and not just the Battling Center).

I think that is the main problem. Making rules for clans and the like isn't going to magically change the amount of users here when there are other booming Pokemon sites.

You also look at some of the "battling rules" that other clans here at PE2K like to use and it makes it a little hard for clans to even face one other in a war.

So how do we fix this problem? I say that there needs to be a huge presence by PE2K's own members here by (1) recruiting others users from across the internet and by us members continually training and (2) getting better so this forum actually becomes an attractive place for other people to not only visit, but also stay here.

So you think you are a top tier battler? Not so unless you have become the Kenohra League Champion!
† Laus Deo Semper †

Last edited by Elite_Battle_Master; 11-14-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Battle_Master View Post
Any and all rules implemented for this particular subject IMO don't really matter.

The difference between this forum and others (Serebii, Smogon, etc.) is the traffic (and to be a bit more specific, the knowledge of its members).

I've battled on pretty much every forum online for competitive battling and the problem here is this place OVERALL is completely dead (and not just the Battling Center).

I think that is the main problem. Making rules for clans and the like isn't going to magically change the amount of users here when there are other booming Pokemon sites.

You also look at some of the "battling rules" that other clans here at PE2K like to use and it makes it a little hard for clans to even face one other in a war.

So how do we fix this problem? I say that there needs to be a huge presence by PE2K's own members here by (1) recruiting others users from across the internet and by us members continually training and (2) getting better so this forum actually becomes an attractive place for other people to not only visit, but also stay here.

That's absolutely fine. :] In fact, before you edited your post, I was going to suggest that we'd have to gather new members then. I plan to be writing some website articles up pertaining to battling and the battling center. This should hopefully either a) direct more PE2K members to the battling center and b) direct newer members to the battling center.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:40 PM
zlpqlz Offline
Master Trainer

By dividing up clans, we aren't auctually gaining members, but possibly activity.
-I also think that we must find ways to attract other members to join, weather it may be more activities/tournements, trades, giveaways...

-PE2K needs to pull itself together and get some kind of get together or SOMETHING to get more people active. Recruit. Maybe if there was some kind of reward for being active? I know on Pokecommunity, Moderators can gift "emblems" to players who deserve recognition, for example, posting a lot, participating in some event, helping/organizing events, good citizenship, etc... This makes it so player will WANT to gain emblems/fame... Kind of like a ranking rather than a bunch of player free floating

I agree to Rules 1 , 2, and 4. Maybe Rule 3... but clans should talk to eachother so the members don't just become memberless and stay that way (ie, elect leader)
Old 11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlpqlz View Post
By dividing up clans, we aren't auctually gaining members, but possibly activity.
-I also think that we must find ways to attract other members to join, weather it may be more activities/tournements, trades, giveaways...

-PE2K needs to pull itself together and get some kind of get together or SOMETHING to get more people active. Recruit. Maybe if there was some kind of reward for being active? I know on Pokecommunity, Moderators can gift "emblems" to players who deserve recognition, for example, posting a lot, participating in some event, helping/organizing events, good citizenship, etc... This makes it so player will WANT to gain emblems/fame... Kind of like a ranking rather than a bunch of player free floating

I agree to Rules 1 , 2, and 4. Maybe Rule 3... but clans should talk to eachother so the members don't just become memberless and stay that way (ie, elect leader)
All helpful suggestions, thanks. :] Not sure if the emblem thing is possible, I'll speak with the staff.

Rule 3. Yeah, I don't particulary want the kicking to occur, I want people to actually want to make a new clan.

Think of it this way. You can stay in the current 15 member clans you have, and have 4 active clans with very little wars, or you can have 6 clans. This'll obviously increase the amount of wars going on, surely?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:47 PM
dj-tiny Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Okay, bumping this topic up for a rather serious post regarding to the PE2K.

Me and the staff of PE2K have been trying to find ways of improving our battling center. Let's face it, the place is barely active, with four main clans and no war occuring for goodness knows how long. The battling center is a dying subforum and I think we all know this.

But that may all be about to change. I'd like members of the clans in this board to post their opinions and suggestions on this somewhat controversial subject.

The PE2K staff have devised ways to improve this place. First was the implementation of the following rules: (note that these haven't been put into practice. Don't worry, the purpose of this post isn't to change the battling center right now, but just to see what others would think/feel about them. If you don't like them, feel free to say so. I plan to make a poll on the following, I'll link to it once it is made.)
  • Rule Suggestion #1: Somewhat minor, but all new clans must have at least 6 members instead of 5 to become official. This makes becoming an official clan that little bit harder, and so if it doesn't work out then the members can join the current clans (if any space).
  • Rules Suggestion #2: All clans must have at least two wifi battlers, two shoddy/pokelab battlers and one PO battler before a clan WAR can be declared between two clans. This allows diversity in clans and in clan WARs, instead of having one type of battler saturated in one clan.
  • Rule Suggestion #3: Now, this is the highly controversial one. I think that the maximum amount of members in one clan should be cut from 15 to 10. With 3 clans with 15 members each, no one can join any clans due to the current limit, and new members aren't likely to start up their own clan anytime soon. Yes, this rule does imply that 5 members from each clan need to leave / be kicked, and I know many of you will not like this. However, that means 15 members will be clanless, and that means at least 2 new clans will be created. At the moment, Burning Inferno can disregard this rule, with only 8 members present.
  • Rule Suggestion #4: This rule is only imposed in some clans. I'd like to make it a rule across the board. If a member is not active (i.e: posting at least once a week) then they shall be kicked. This opens up space for newer, more active member to join.

Opinions and suggestions are very much appreciated. Feel free to suggest more rules if necessary.
rule 1 no because that means that all of the first member can all be in there first war
rule 2 no because it wi-fi battles center hint in the wifi
rule 3 no becaues clans have to be an odd number for a full scale war
rule 4 no because things happen like wi-fi going down

Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-tiny View Post
rule 1 no because that means that all of the first member can all be in there first war
Of course, there's always going to be a scenario where you miss out on the first war. :P But fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-tiny
rule 2 no because it wi-fi battles center hint in the wifi
Actually, the battling center is rather mixed when it comes to battle method. It's rather mislabeled, if you ask me. I can't Wi-fi battle at all. :3

Quote:
rule 3 no becaues clans have to be an odd number for a full scale war
Would 9 or 11 be a better number?

Quote:
rule 4 no because things happen like wi-fi going down
That is true, and I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but there are generally other ways to access the internet. Libraries and phones are such an example. I'd generally say 'tough luck' but I'd feel rather mean. :P
Closed Thread