Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:03 AM
changoo Offline
Banned

Default New Pokemon for the third game?

Well the third game will probably get released, as all the regions had the third game!
But, what new Pokemon do you expect in that new game.
Platinum brought a lot of new pokemon to the Sinnoh dex, but a lot of them were connected to the previous generations!
IMO the same thing will happen here, so what new evos or preevos do you want, if such scenario would happen?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: New Pokemon for the third game?

Platinum didn't bring any new pokémon, just new formes of existing pokémon (Giratina, ShSimon and Rotom). GF have never added completely new pokémon mid-generation.

But yeah, I hope we'll see a way of keeping Meloetta in her Step Forme.

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Old 12-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Skylands Offline

Whut.

Unless you mean there's a better chance of obtaining more Pokemon, since Platinum didn't have the limitation of version exclusive Pokemon. In that case, yes, this will most likely happen (if B/W gets a third game). It's been done that way since R/B/Y, as far as I know.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
Platinum didn't bring any new pokémon, just new formes of existing pokémon (Giratina, ShSimon and Rotom). GF have never added completely new pokémon mid-generation.

But yeah, I hope we'll see a way of keeping Meloetta in her Step Forme.
If that were to happen, then Kyurem gets Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare like its supposed to.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

Quote:
Originally Posted by changoo View Post
Well the third game will probably get released, as all the regions had the third game!
But, what new Pokemon do you expect in that new game.
Platinum brought a lot of new pokemon to the Sinnoh dex, but a lot of them were connected to the previous generations!
IMO the same thing will happen here, so what new evos or preevos do you want, if such scenario would happen?
That's... never happened before.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Not so fast, non-believers! Note that Zekrom and Reshiram used to be one dragon, now split into two. Perhaps it is possible that Pokémon Gray (if it is the third game) might have said dragon, and have it impossible to trade just like HGSS, or find some way to download some kind of update via Wi-Fi connection to Black and White? It's not impossible.

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 PM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Geoffrey View Post
Not so fast, non-believers! Note that Zekrom and Reshiram used to be one dragon, now split into two. Perhaps it is possible that Pokémon Gray (if it is the third game) might have said dragon, and have it impossible to trade just like HGSS, or find some way to download some kind of update via Wi-Fi connection to Black and White? It's not impossible.

~Professor Geoffrey
I doubt they'd be able to download something onto the cart as big as an entire new pokemon, they couldn't even add the Alt forme's sprites or Griseous Orb. Plus it's completely unlike Game Freak to add a new pokemon mid-generation. Just because it's not impossible doesn't make it a reasonable suggestion.

Quote:
If that were to happen, then Kyurem gets Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare like its supposed to.
They seem pretty cool, I'd like to see another Kyurem Forme too.

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

Ooh ooh! A new Mudkip mutant! I'd call it: MUDKIP.

Twin: Eternal Moonlight | Sister: Scourge of Amaranth | Pair: Doodlebop
Theme by Mizuki Emi
Old 12-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

They've added Alternate Forms, but never a brand new pokemon. One of the bigger problems is not a matter of space (one new pokemon won't screw things up. I mean, DS cartridges have a lot of room on them), but any additional games or predecessors won't be compatible for that pokemon.

Case in point? Pokemon Battle Revolution doesn't even support Giratina's Origin Form, and I doubt it accepts Rotom and Shaymin's as well.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
I doubt they'd be able to download something onto the cart as big as an entire new pokemon, they couldn't even add the Alt forme's sprites or Griseous Orb. Plus it's completely unlike Game Freak to add a new pokemon mid-generation. Just because it's not impossible doesn't make it a reasonable suggestion.

They seem pretty cool, I'd like to see another Kyurem Forme too.
But Game Freak is also likely to be unpredictable about new material. I already know all of that; I've been a loyal fan for a long time. It is actually rather reasonable. The whole thing with the spiky-earred Pichu wasn't what one would call "reasonable," is it? But this is something they've never done before. They're starting to do things they haven't done before. You never really know. Nothing really is all that unreasonable anymore. Well, except purple dinosaurs and Power Rangers.

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Disco Offline

I'm hoping you're right, though, Geoffrey.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

They could have downloads for new Pokemon, but the new games don't have slots for it anymore. It was an idea they toyed with in 3rd gen when the e-reader cards were out (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald had some download space that appeared to allow for new Pokemon or items). Current ROMs (and I don't mean pirated ROMs, I mean, the game data, by ROM) only have the exact number of Pokemon slots and don't seem to have open room for DLC.

It's probably because of the problems that would pose with things like playing with other people in real life. What do you do if you're playing on local and you're using a brand new Pokemon with their old version?

Between Diamond and Platinum, you'd just see Giratina in its old sprite. Between Black and "Gray" or whatever the new game is, if it was a whole new Pokemon, the older version would have nothing to display in that spot.

The other problem comes with the ability to reverse engineer download points and the possibility that a hacker could sit at an event and download a fakemon onto peoples' game carts for real. It's more likely than you think. It's already possible to find the ROM for Deoxys distribution and other local wireless events and use it from your DS to send those events to people.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Geoffrey View Post
Not so fast, non-believers! Note that Zekrom and Reshiram used to be one dragon, now split into two. Perhaps it is possible that Pokémon Gray (if it is the third game) might have said dragon.
That seems to be a possibility. :3 It would be really cool, to see them fuse with each other, and turn into that dragon. xD
And, I don't think there will be any new Pokémon, in the third game, if they ever decides to make one in the future. There might be new forms of certain Pokémon, though.

Like someone else stated in one of the above post, it would be pretty cool to see a new form for the Ice/Dragon Pokémon, Kyurem. The current form of Kyurem looks kinda hideous, in my opinion. 3: Well, I guess the legends are really supposed to look hideous and/or terrifying, but still. xD
Closed Thread