Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Leach Seed Offline

Default Some help please.

Okay i just learn't how to make banners and all that but the thing is i can only get image renders from pictures such as.
Spoiler:

But those are boring and epically plane, i do not know how to get a render from a picture such as.
Spoiler:

But i desperately would like to know so if you know could you please explain it to me so i can understand.
Also how to largen the image when it is on the background, i use photo shop cs4 or sometimes cs2

Last edited by Leach Seed; 12-05-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Default Re: Some help please.

So, rendering, huh? Hmm... I don't use photoshop (I use Gimp), but here's what I do.

I use the Path (I think it may be called Curves in Photoshop) tool and surround what I want cut using it. Under the tool options, I click on 'Path to Selection'. This should make the Path a selection. Then I go Edit>Cut, and it should remove the selection. Sometimes it may not be transparent, though- only white. There may be two things preventing this. Go to Image>Mode and make sure the mode is RGB. If it is, then go check Layers>Transparency and click on Add Alpha Channel.

Good luck! The path tool takes a little practice, but you be able to get it.

And I use the Scale Tool to resize.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Leach Seed Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
So, rendering, huh? Hmm... I don't use photoshop (I use Gimp), but here's what I do.

I use the Path (I think it may be called Curves in Photoshop) tool and surround what I want cut using it. Under the tool options, I click on 'Path to Selection'. This should make the Path a selection. Then I go Edit>Cut, and it should remove the selection. Sometimes it may not be transparent, though- only white. There may be two things preventing this. Go to Image>Mode and make sure the mode is RGB. If it is, then go check Layers>Transparency and click on Add Alpha Channel.

Good luck! The path tool takes a little practice, but you be able to get it.

And I use the Scale Tool to resize.

Yeah do you have the link for GIMP that works i had been searching all day for it and thanks for the advice.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Disco Offline

In photoshop, it's a similar process. Use the lasso tool (I suggest the Magnetic Lasso Tool, since it seems to cling to harsh lines and thus usually identifies what you want selected) to select the section of the image.

Then simple Ctrl + C Copy, Ctrl + N New Layer, and Ctrl + V Paste.
That's how I do it, lol.

If you have Mac it may be ⌘ + C for Copy, ⌘ + N for New Layer, and ⌘ + V for Paste.
But I'm a PC user so I dunno LOL.