Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Manifest Destiny =A Bleach RP= [RP]

STORY

Manifest. An alter-dimension where reality does not exist, but all else does. One’s greatest dream and darkest nightmare can become real in Manifest, but one never knows which. The only ones who can control Manifest’s bizarre aspect are some of its stronger residents and the Knights. These beings patrol Manifest, destroying possible threats and preventing Manifest’s other denizens, known as Manifestations, from escaping into the Outworlds, the dimensions not part of Manifest.

Most do not know Manifest even exists. The exception are the Deliverers, beings chosen by the Knights to defend their Outworlds against Manifestations who manage to break free from Manifest. With the ability to access Manifest’s energy thanks to the spiritual bond to their Knight, the Deliverers are a last line of defense against Manifestations in most cases.

Only Knights and Deliverers are supposed to be able to freely cross from Outworld to Manifest. Manifestations that manage to reach an Outworld are always destroyed before they can cause damage. But given enough time, even absolutes such as these can be broken.

After a powerful Manifestation breaks free from Manifest and slays all Deliverers and Knights who try to stop it, others are drawn into the fray. Enter the Soul Reapers, spiritual beings whose job it is to save lost souls and destroy fallen ones. The Soul Reapers attempted to destroy the Manifestation, but never having fought one, they were incapable of defeating it. Only with the help of several more Deliverers and Knights were they able to slay the monster. But because they did not know the Soul Reapers, the Deliverers and Knights did not trust them enough to explain what had happened. They left immediately after the battle, and although the Soul Reapers didn’t appreciate this, there was nothing they could do. Eventually, they forgot about the incident.

Most of them did, at least.

Two of the Soul Reapers, higher-ranked members of Squad Eleven, had noticed that the energy wielded by the Deliverers was the same as that radiated by the Manifestation. Their own spiritual pressure was different, though, making it obvious that they were somehow drawing on a power outside of themselves. After seeing what it was capable of doing, the two agreed that such power would be beneficial to the Soul Society. They spoke nothing of this to anyone else, though, certain that others would be unable to see things as they did.

The years passed and the Soul Reapers remained vigilant for signs of a Manifestation. Finally, nearly seventy years later, the two got the chance they’d been waiting for. Sent out with a small party to dispatch a Hollow in the World of the Living, the two were present when a Manifestation appeared almost immediately after the Hollow was slain. The Manifestation was weak and easily overpowered. Though the other Soul Reapers wanted to destroy it, the two ignored them and struck a bargain with the beast. In return for being allowed to live, it took them with it back to Manifest. When they arrived, they were overwhelmed by the strange world.

The Manifestation that had brought to its world turned out to be surprisingly helpful. It explained how Manifest worked and showed the two how the world’s energy could be used by those capable of harnessing it. It told them of the Knights, the Deliverers, and its own kind. And the more they learned, the more the Soul Reapers desired to have Manifest’s energy available to the Soul Society. When they asked if it was possible for others to use Manifest’s power, the Manifestation told them it was possible, but only if Manifest were to merge with an Outworld. If that happened, the Outworld would eventually absorb Manifest and itself become Manifest. All inhabitants of the Outworld would then have access to the world’s power.

But the Manifestation, while weak, was devious and sly. It didn’t reveal that all the merging Outworld’s residents would either themselves become Manifestations or be killed by any various result of the Outworld’s changing. Nor did it tell them that Manifest’s current populace would be freed into the Outworld en mass. No, it told them only what they wanted to hear, explaining how they could set the merging of the worlds in motion. It then sent them back to their Outworld with a small orb of highly concentrated Manifest energy. The Soul Reapers were to shatter it in the world they wanted to merge with Manifest. This would cause a sort of vacuum to form between Manifest and the Outworld, through which Manifest’s essence and denizens would travel.

When the Soul Reapers returned to their world, they were attacked by a low-level Hollow that had been drawn to the odd energy caused by the portal. The two Soul Reapers battled it and defeated it with ease, then headed for the Senkaimon that would take them back to the Soul Society. Within seconds of entering it, though, they realized they hadn’t killed the Hollow, which was stronger than they’d thought. It followed them in, and in a last-ditch effort to slay the Soul Reapers, it ended up breaking the orb of Manifest energy.

Instantly the Senkaimon was transformed into a portal connecting both the Soul Society and the World of the Living to Manifest. Within seconds, Manifest’s energy started trickling into both worlds, a visible stream of purple-red substance that appeared to be a mix of gas and liquid. The three worlds were now connected by the warped Senkaimon, which couldn’t be closed despite the best efforts of the Soul Reapers within it.

It didn’t take long before Manifestations began to appear in the two worlds. At first only weaker ones could travel in the small amount of Manifest’s essence, but as the flow of energy grew stronger, so did the Manifestations traveling in it.

Currently, there is enough of Manifest’s energy that inhabitants of the Soul Society and the World of the Living are being transformed into Manifestations, and various disturbances are happening. Even now the Deliverers aren’t coming forward, and in the World of the Living, only they know what’s happening. In the Soul Society, it’s a different story. The two Soul Reapers, finally realizing their mistake, went directly to their Captain after escaping the twisted Senkaimon and explained what was happening. Because of their actions they were at first sentenced to imprisonment, but when it became obvious their help would be needed in the coming weeks, they were released on probation.

As time marches on, more and more Manifestations are appearing in the two worlds, and more inhabitants are being transformed. As more and more energy fills the worlds, the Soul Society and the World of the Living are slowly being drawn together. Soon the three worlds will clash and their conflicting realities will struggle to be the dominant one. Chaos will run freely and monsters will roam unchecked. If not stopped, the worlds may all be destroyed…or become something far too horrendous to comprehend…Will you step forward to help return things to rights, or will you work to see that a new world is born?

\\\

NOTES

1) There is currently enough of Manifest’s energy for anyone (that is, major characters) to wield it. Manifest’s energy can be used for a wide variety of things, but only Deliverers have the capacity to use it repeatedly and/or for long periods of time. Even a Captain would only be able to use Manifest energy (also called Mani) once or twice a day.

2) Only Knights and Deliverers can travel freely to Manifest. All others must be taken by a Knight or a Deliverer.

3) There is only room for five Deliverers, and a person can only play one at a time.

4) Knights are NPCs and can basically be anything you want them to be. They can travel freely between the dwindling Manifest, the Soul Society, and the World of the Living. Think of them like this RP’s version of Pokemon.

5) Manifestations and Knights have a completely different spiritual pressure than beings from the Bleach Outworld. Because of this, even people with little to no spiritual pressure can see them.

6) Manifestations are like Hollows, in that 98% of them are greedy, selfish, and only want to eat anything they can get their jaws around. The other 2% are decent ones that actually have some sense of things like honor and friendship. Also, many Manifestations are simple things that act on base instincts. Like Hollows, the stronger a Manifestation, the more intelligent they become. Because of this, anyone becoming a Manifestation (that is, anyone who isn't a major character) will become a lower-ranking Manifestation.

7) The Manifestations coming from Manifest want the merging of the worlds to go on unimpeded. The reason Manifestations break into Outworlds is to devour others. If the merging of worlds is stopped, they'll be forced back to Manifest, where only other Manifestations and Knights exist. Therefore, even the simplest Manifestation will fight with everything they have to prevent the merging from being stopped.

8) You can play as Manifestations, or have your character become one later. Manifestations can manipulate Mani more proficiently than Deliverers, though only strong ones (meaning none below major character status) can do it. A person can only play one Manifestation at a time.

9) As the RP progresses, more and more of Manifest’s energy will fill the worlds. As this happens, stronger Manifestations will appear and more destructive happenings will occur. The closer the worlds come to clashing the worse these things will become. Being subjected to so much Manifest energy for so long will eventually become a drain to the Deliverers, though all others will not become overwhelmed.

10) The twisted Senkaimon cannot be closed. All attempts at closing it, in one way or another, will always fail. Though it’s extremely dangerous to do so, it can still be used to travel from the Soul Society to the World of the Living. The Senkaimon is always full of Manifestations coming into the two worlds, which is what makes this path such a hazardous one. This particular Senkaimon is more like the Dangai Precipice World, having been warped into something like a long dark tunnel. Hell Butterflies do not provide safety when using this Senkaimon.

11) For the sake of sanity, the twisted Senkaimon is located near Urahara’s Shoten in Karakura Town.

12) This is an extremely AU RP. As such, characters that died in the canon may very well be alive, and things that happened in the canon series may not have happened in this universe, or may have had different outcomes. This gives us more freedom in the characters we can use and the directions we take the RP.

13) This is set ten years after Aizen, Tousen, and Gin left the Soul Society and went to Hueco Mundo. Basically, ten years after the end of the Soul Society arc.

\\\

DYING IN THE RP

In this RP it’s possible you will die. If that happens, one of several things will happen. If your character led a life balanced between just and corrupt they will go to the Soul Society. If they lived a corrupt life they will go to Deathscape. If they live a just life they will go to the Afterlife. If they die before their time they will go to the Hereafter, whether they were just or corrupt. It is possible to return to life no matter where you go, but you will first have to undergo a series of trials to prove you’re worth a second chance at life. These trials should be grueling and extremely hard to carry out.

Dying can also be done in order to obtain a power or artifact from one of the other afterlife realms. For example, creatures from the world of the living cannot go to the Soul Society without first passing through a special portal that turns their physical bodies into spiritual ones. Dying may therefore be the only way for someone to get into the Soul Society to help an ally.

Keep in mind that if you attempt to die over and over you will eventually no longer be allowed a chance to return to life. This is especially true if you do it to keep gaining different powers, or to simply harass other players. In fact, if you repeatedly die your character will lose all powers they might have gained over the RP and will be forced to start over as if the RP had just begun.

\\\

RULES

1) Follow all of PE2K’s general forum rules and ToS (Terms of Service)

2) No bunnying (this includes killing or injuring a person’s character without permission and/or without giving them a chance to react)

3) No god-moding (even Deliverers!)

4) Keep cursing to a moderate level

5) Romance is allowed, but keep it forum-friendly

6) Only three characters per person

7) Please post relatively often, in order to prevent the RP from dying because of inactivity

8) Post literate replies, please. No things like random chatspeak and smilies unless your character is sending a text message containing these or something. Also, for the sake of my sanity, please try to not make each of your posts one- and two-liners. That really doesn’t contribute to moving things along.

9) At the beginning of each post please include:

Character Name
Location (Soul Society, World of the Living, Manifest)
What Your Character Is (Soul Reaper, Quincy, Human, Deliverer, Manifestation, and so on)

10) If you sign up for a canon character, please be active! If you sign-up as a canon character but do not post for a week or longer, that character will go to the first person who asks for it. This is to encourage fairness for all people who wish to play certain popular characters.

\\\

-SU Thread
-Discussion Thread

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-22-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Manifest Destiny =A Bleach RP= [RP]

Captain Sajin Komamura
Manifest
Squad 7th Captain

After traveling with Kang, I had stepped into the realm of Manifest recently, discovering it for myself as a realm of strange beauty and ugliness at the same time. In truth, I had been told by Kang that it should have been impossible for us to discover this place, for anyone from the “Outworlds” to see a realm that should have been locked within its own dimension.

In Manifest, everything was real and possible except for reality itself. It was as if the world itself was forged from dreams and paradoxes, leaving the unexpected as commonplace. Kang, one of the authoritative Knights of Manifest, had some control over the aspects of this place, but I was neither aware of how he and many others of his kind accomplished this. From where I was standing, Manifest was a realm of uncontrollable chaos, a place where those that fear the unknown would go mad from the nightmare.

I had worked out the details in my mind, knowing full well that if what the Manifestations intended to do by merging this strange world of Manifest with the “Outworlds” would come to pass, many would die because of it, and everyone else that lived would be at the mercy of these Manifestations as they moved about the living and about Soul Society, choosing who to assimilate and who to fend for themselves. Needless to say, we were rapidly running out of time, and every passing moment was shifting all our worlds into one. There were many of us that while we appreciated the assistance of these Manifest Knights, things would be better if those that were from this strange and baffling place stayed within their own dimension.

Kang, taking on the form of a Siberian Husky, had joined me from the mutual agreement that we needed to find some means to make Manifest return to normal, and have no further connection between the Soul Society and the world of the living. At the moment, we had many problems that didn’t have a solution, one of the major ones being the Senkaimon and its now corrupted nature.

“You seem… alarmed, Captain,” Kang told me, looking up as I gazed upon what Manifest really was.

I had seen unending plains, always twisting, changing, and morphing into something different and foreign. It was as if Manifest was a realm that didn’t want to be recognized, as if the land itself refused to make up its mind and remain committed to a particular form. At any given moment, trees could grow, die, change to mountains, ponds, and back again, or in a different order altogether.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” I told him, knowing there was no chance that would ever be thought of as a lie.

“It truly is different from the stability of your Outlands, I’ll say that much,” the Manifest Knight nodded. “One could get lost in here if they weren’t careful enough. Not all Manifestations appreciate its nature, which is why they might be after your Outlands. If the merge is successful, all of you will either become Manifestations yourselves… or die.”

“Sounds more like a rebellion against your kind’s authority,” I told him, knowing that was a likely motive for them to do this. “The more of them there are, the greater their chances of overthrowing your institutions, hence why they have turned to us in effort to force us into their ranks.”

“I won’t deny that as a possibility,” Kang replied in agreement. “Many of these Manifestations don’t appreciate us having dominance or control over them. We are, after all, a kind of police force to keep order intact, but there are many of them that would adore to see that order broken and cast aside, obviously confusing chaos and anarchy for freedom and liberty.”

I nodded, knowing that while Manifest and the Soul Society were radically different places, these concepts of authority, rebellion, and uprising were not foreign to either of us. Whether these were the true motives of the Manifestations, I could not verify until I had the chance to see one of them for myself. And in this strange, morphing place, it was likely I wouldn’t have to wait for long until that happened.

“There are many Manifestation Overlords that are leading the operation to complete the merge,” Kang told me. “Most of them are simply ringleaders, but there is one that has presented a problem to us all. He goes by the name of Leshrac.”

“Leshrac…” I repeated, committing that name to memory. “What has he done to get this attention?”

“We don’t know how or when it happened, but Leshrac is able to manipulate Manifest, similar to how Knights can,” Kang told me, looking off into the distance. “There’s one major difference, however. Leshrac seems to have more influence and control over Manifest than we do. We have tried to undo his creations, cancel out his alterations, and try to influence stability into his chaos… only to fail. As a result, we’re not even aware of anything that could be used to fight him, let alone defeat him.”

I was not sure if Kang was implying the Soul Reapers of the Seireitei would have the solution when already, I seemed to be lost and almost bewildered after stepping into this strange place in search of something that could be used to restore order to the Senkaimon. However, I was well aware of the fact that even if we managed to find anything that could be used to restore it, nothing could be done until every last Manifestation was placed back in Manifest before the restoration took place, thus closing the door and locking it forever.

The problem was… the creation of new Manifestations. Anyone that was turned into one would have to be put into Manifest as well, even if they didn’t originate from there. I hated to think we would need to force them to realize Manifest would have to be their new home, but there seemed to be no way to restore them back to their true nature.

It was clear we now had far greater problems on our hands…

Old 11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: Ugh, sorry for lack of posting. I meant to post earlier and got distracted by Youtube videos ^^’. So this won’t be too long, since I gotta go soon.

===

IC: Kilara Zirrin
World of the Living ; Karakura Town
Deliverer

“Rise up!” I shouted, flinging my hands into the air. Around me, shadows cast by both still and moving things abruptly rose into the air as well, manipulated by Mani to separate from whatever they were cast upon. I then bent my will and directed the Mani to wrap the shadows around the horde that was trying to attack the heart of Karakura Town. The resident of this area had long since been evacuated, which was a blessing considering how destructive the fighting here had been.

The Manifestations that were attacking were entrapped by the shadows and immobilized by them. From within the shadowy confines, the beasts screamed and cursed, and though they tried their hardest, they couldn’t break free from the shadows. It was a toll holding this many who were struggling to get free, though, and I threw a strained look over my shoulder at the Soul Reapers who’d gathered to help me.

“Strike!” I cried hoarsely, worried that at any second the combined wills of the Manifestations would override my own will. Some of them were stronger and capable of using Mani; they’d most likely start doing so in the next few seconds when physical struggling didn’t get them anywhere. “Hurry and strike! I can’t hold them for long!”

The Soul Reapers, ones who’d never seen Mani used before most likely, snapped out of their awed daze and rushed forward, some releasing their Zanpaku-to to Shikai if they hadn’t by now. There came the sound of blades hissing through the air and striking flesh, and the screams of Manifestations as they were slain. As the monsters being held by the shadows were killed, the shadows enclosing them reverted to normal.

But there were more coming, and I couldn’t help but mutter a curse of my own. So many…the number of Manifestations coming into my Outworld seemed to be growing every time I fought against a group like this. Last time, the mass had only contained about half this number, and before that, there’d only been about ten or eleven. The increase in Manifestations here could only mean more and more of Manifest was creeping into the Outworld.

As the Manifestations arrived and started attacking, I waved my hands and then balled them into fists, throwing my arms to the sides and directing a stream of Mani to surround myself and my allies. This stream then solidified into a shimmering clear shield that bounced back the various attacks coming at us. The shield wouldn’t last for long, but it’d give us a few moments to catch our breath and prepare for the oncoming wave.

\\\

Some Manifestations were in search of easier prey. The Deliverers and Soul Reapers could add a nice level of challenge to the hunt, but sometimes the hunt was too much of a hassle. A small group of low-intelligence Manifestations were avoiding the main battle going on near the middle of town, preferring to skulk around on the fringes of battle and catch the occasional straggler.

A few of this group had wandered further away, though, and found themselves in a part of town where people hadn’t been evacuated. Upon seeing them the humans started panicking and fleeing every which way, oftentimes running into each other and basically preventing many people from getting far. The Manifestations made sounds of glee and leapt into the chaos, attacking at random before moving in on the same person. A young human female, probably no more than ten years old. Frozen by fear, the child proved an easy target for the hungry monsters. They screeched and chattered to each other as they slowly drew closer to the young human, reaching with bloodied talons for their next meal.

===

OOC: There ya go, sonic. Maybe this will give you something to work with in making an intro post ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 11-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Ichigo Kurosaki
Karakura town, World of the Living
Human

A pair of feet came down directly on top of the closest monster's head, the other two not having seen or sensed the orange-haired projectile that had made a crater out of their friend. Ichigo Kurosaki didn't wait around for them to figure out what sort of weapon had knocked their ally into the ground, however; the girl was small enough for him to pick up, and this he did, fleeing himself. Dammit! If I had my Soul Reaper powers, I'd be able to stomp those three flat! It's a good thing I got here when I did; this kid was gonna be food for whatever those monsters were. What the hell are they, some new kind of Hollow?

Judging from the lack of pursuit, someone else had noticed the commotion and was dealing with the monsters. Ichigo put the girl down on her feet, doing his best not to look superior or like a pervert given the situation. "Hey, you okay? Get everyone around out of here before more of those things show up," He ordered, not really having much choice but to run through the crowd shouting for everyone to evacuate. Damn this powerlessness!

Byakuya Kuchiki
Karakura town, World of the Living
Soul Reaper, Squad 6 Captain

Without warning, three of the Manifestations fell from injuries inflicted so quickly that few eyes would even have seen the cut, or the wielder of the sword. Senbonzakura was unsheathed and returned so quickly that it hadn't even flashed visibly. How disappointing; these monsters were even slower than Hollows. He may have been a powerful Captain, but that aside, he had thought these creatures would be tougher, given their reputations. The others seemed to have been having trouble. "Hmh. Even these monsters are slow," Byakuya Kuchiki, nigh-legendary captain of Squad 6, observed casually. The problem here was that there was a huge number of the creatures, though the individuals were not particularly powerful in their current state. He had no doubt they would eventually become stronger.

"It looks as though I will play the hero today," He further observed, turning his attention to the swarm charging at the barrier erected by an ally of his. Byakuya's lieutenant, Renji Abari, was in the city somewhere. Likely searching for that disrespectful cur Kurosaki. Byakuya drew Senbonzakura, holding his hilt with only one hand. "Scatter, Senbonzakura," Byakuya said, the thin katana blade scattering away in what looked like rose petals. A flick of his wrist shredded the first two waves of attackers, drawing the attention of the swarm and giving his allies a bit of breathing room. "You seem to seek a swift death. Very well, feel honored to die by my blade. Zirrin, Squad Six is relying on your support to make sure there are no unnecessary casualties. Don't rest any longer than you absolutely have to."

((Blah))
Old 11-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Kilara Zirrin
Human Deliverer

I was just about ready to drop the shield and get us back into the fray when three of the Manifestations abruptly dropped to the ground, dead. For a moment I was confused, but the cause became obvious a few seconds later. Thousands of what appeared to be rose petals sliced through the air, reducing several dozen Manifestations to gory ribbons. I glanced around until I spotted the one responsible, lifting a hand in grateful acknowledgement to the Captain of Squad Six.

Captain Kuchiki made a comment about the Manifestations wanting to be killed by him, then turned his attention to me for a moment, saying his Squad was relying on my support. I wanted to point out that it was actually the other way around, that the Soul Reapers were helping the Deliverers, but it wouldn’t do any good and might actually just tick off my allies. Instead I nodded and flashed a thumbs-up at the Soul Reaper.

“Actually, I think I can get back to it now,” I said, eyeing the horde of Manifestations. They had become still, clearly uncertain about pressing the attack when they could be killed without seeing what was doing the killing. But some of them apparently got tired of just waiting around and leapt at Kuchiki, snarling and making other various noises. The rest of the mass came at me and the Soul Reapers still protected by my shield. Without hesitating, I drew my sword and whipped it around, focusing on the Mani forming the shield and rapidly drawing it towards me. It condensed and covered the blade of my weapon, making it sparkle like an overly-polished diamond. I then drew my arm back and brought the blade around in a huge horizontal slash, causing the Mani around the blade to tear forward. The Mani moved with such speed that it was compressed into a long, sharp blade of energy, slicing through nearly four rows of Manifestations before petering out.

“Flare up!” I shouted as the Soul Reapers behind me rushed forward. I placed the tip of my sword on the ground and sharply jerked it around, stopping when it was directly in front of me. The friction of the blade across the pavement caused sparks, which I caught with Mani and fueled with Mani. The sparks exploded into about fifteen orbs the size of my head, all of them burning in a rainbow of colors. Each orb of flame I directed forward, willing one to encase everyone fighting. It would shield them from physical blows for a few moments, turning an enemy’s attack back at them on top of giving them a nasty burn. When the flames were stretched over a person’s body they were almost invisible, but there was a definite sense of warmth to let the others know the flames were still there. Once that warmth vanished, they’d know they needed to be more careful.

After ensuring I was shielded as well, I charged forward and swung my sword around, letting out a wordless cry as I rushed towards my enemies.

===

Kuramori Iochi
World of the Living, Karakura Town
Rogue Soul Reaper

Kuramori’s pets had wanted to join the fighting that had broken out in the early afternoon hours, and she’d decided to tag along to watch to carnage and maybe deal out a bit herself. Most of her pets got distracted as they entered the town, attacking random humans instead of going towards the center of Karakura. The stronger and therefore smarter ones kept going, eventually joining up with the main fight. Kuramori had wanted to watch, but she’d sensed several Soul Reapers near the fight, including Kuchiki-Taichou.

How she hated the Taichous, but Kuchiki was one she truly despised. He was one of the ones who personally betrayed her, who tried to have her killed. When she’d noticed he was present, she’d wanted nothing more than to sneak in and merrily kill him. Stab him through the heart, perhaps, but then he’d die too quickly. Maybe slicing his throat and watching him choke on his own blood? Yes, that would be entertaining, and she’d make sure she’d cut just so, so he didn’t bleed too much and die too quickly.

But instead of killing him, Kuramori had hidden her spiritual pressure and fled the scene. Her paranoia about being found before she was ready to kill the Captains that betrayed her had won out over her desire for revenge. She’d left and tracked down her other pets, those Manifestations that seemed drawn to her for some reason and followed her everywhere.

While she was hunting for her pets, she noticed a small group of weaker, stupider Manifestations wandering away from the main fight. A few of these eventually reached an area that hadn’t been evacuated because of the battle going on further in the town, and when they encountered unawares humans, the beasts had struck. There was instant chaos as the monsters attacked at random, though after a few seconds they regrouped and homed in on a young child.

But their meal was ended before it even started. Kuramori, from her place atop a two-story shop, saw a young human male launch himself at the Manifestations. He quite literally curb-stomped the thing before snatching the defenseless girl and swiftly carrying her away. Intrigued by this human who could so easily defeat even a weak Manifestation, Kuramori grinned to herself and started following him. She leapt nimbly from roof to roof, keeping the young man in view until he came to a stop and put the child down. After being told to get the panicking masses away from the area, the little girl darted off. Most likely she’d hide in the closest alley or get eaten by some other group of Manifestations. Either way, Kuramori didn’t care about the girl or her fate. Right now she was only interested in the boy.

She jumped down and landed right in front of him, but of course he didn’t see her. Kuramori laughed, a broken, eerie sound, and slowly walked around the orange-haired human. She absently picked at her tattered garb, occasionally rubbing the hilt of her Zanpaku-to. Without seeming to be aware of it, she slowly drew the blade from its sheath and let it drop, dragging the point against the ground as she circled the boy.

“Little baby, little baby, so far from home,” she cooed in a disturbing sing-song voice. “Little baby, little baby, it’s not safe on your own…” She then giggled, sounding like a small girl, before lifting her sword and ever so slowly drawing it through the air, stopping only when the sword was less than an inch from the human’s neck.

“Poor, lost little baby…”

===

OOC: Did I mention that Kuramori is crazy as hell? XD Have fun and make of this what you will. Oh, and Kuramori doesn't call the Captains "Taichou" out of respect. She's actually showing her hatred for them and mocking them.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-30-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

((He's not quite as blind to her presence as she thinks...))

Ichigo Kurosaki
Karakura town
Human

"... O...kay then..." Ichigo commented, more ignoring the incredibly weird Soul Reaper that had decided to follow him than listening to her cooing some weird song. Apparently, she thought he was just another spiritually blind Human who wouldn't be able to see her. And he couldn't, really; he could see her as a shadowy haze in the outline of a Soul Reaper, and her voice sounded a bit like it was coming through a wall... but it was there. And it was annoying as hell. "Look, kid, go find someone else to bother, 'cause I've got more important things to do than babysit some damn Soul Reaper."

That would probably surprise her. And, he realized after he said it, probably spur her to follow him and openly mock him. Great, just what he needed; a clingy Soul Reaper following him around at a time like this. Some time for Renji to be absent. The Soul Reapers were probably here now, fighting these... whatever the hell they were. Good for them, but couldn't they be a little more thorough with their protection? Thankfully, however, his shouts from earlier had inspired the crowd of people to quickly start running away. The sight of one of the monsters standing right over him probably helped, too. He wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been big enough to cast a shadow before it, and that gave Ichigo just enough warning to dive out of the way before being crushed. Damn, what he wouldn't give to have a Zanpakuto for just a couple of minutes right now.

Byakuya Kuchiki
Karakura town
Soul Reaper, Squad 6 Captain

Byakuya was well aware that his squad was more backing the Mani user than vice versa, but Squad 6 had been sent to prevent the monsters-- Manifestations were what they called them, but they were monsters all the same-- from overwhelming the Humans and tipping the balance between worlds. At the moment, they were mutual support for each other, and neither group was eager to let themselves be killed by these monsters. A swarm of them came for Byakuya and Byakuya alone, but none of them so much as touched him. Every precise sword strike delivered by Senbonzakura was so fast that there wasn't even a flash of light from the blade, and indeed even the cuts themselves took several moments to register on the now-defeated enemy. One attempted to attack the captain of Squad Six from behind, only to be cut down by a weapon more a whip than a sword.

"Captain, the Manifestations are attacking us in main force, but more of them are sneaking away to attack the Humans. I came back to get my orders," Renji reported, defending himself quite well. Byakuya was impressed by how much his lieutenant's skills had improved through this incident, but praise was not required at this point in time.

"Take three men from Squad Six and keep the Manifestations from feeding on the Humans. The rest of us will hold the line here. Go, make sure none of them get through," Byakuya ordered, his slate gray eyes flicking in the direction of a clump of the monsters forming together. They apparently sought a being that could stand up to him, as the resulting monster was fast enough to almost touch the hem of his haori. Almost being the key word. The monster lost its head to a flick of Senbonzakura, but the massacre of their bretheren didn't seem to deter them at all. More of them came, and more of them fell like flies around the captain of Squad Six. How incredibly dull...
Old 12-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Ugh, placeholder for when I get my reply finished XD.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 12-06-2010, 02:13 AM
JechtSphere Offline

Jecht Cekuls
World of the living
Soul Reaper, Captain of Squad 9

Jecht had his eyes closed as the gate opened. As the gate opened more, he reflected on his meeting with the Captain Yammamoto. He had been tasked with a special mission, being a new captain he had to prove himself and this would be a great opportunity. He was tasked with going into the manifest world and performing some recon. So far, Jecht didn’t like this mission. He would have to leave Hisagi in charge of Squad 9. This was not because of him being unable to but because Hisagi was already leading the Squad before Jecht became the official captain. Jecht also found it strange that Kommamura was already in the world and could handle himself well enough on his own. The last concern he had with the mission was that Soi Fon was most likely a much better candidate for this assignment. Yammamoto smiled the whole time and simply stated that he felt Jecht was ready to prove himself to the other captains as well as to Jecht himself, sensing the reluctant fighting spirit in his heart. Jecht abliged, and headed to the world of the living.

Jecht headed here because this was the last known location of a deliverer that wasn’t helping someone else already. Jecht didn’t want to trouble a knight, and he had no idea on how to reach one anyway. As Jecht stepped out of the gate, he heard a shout from behind him. Hisagi, not following his direct order, followed him through the gate and was now beside him. “I let my last captain slip through my hands. I refuse to allow another one to go.” Jecht smiled at this, and motioned him to follow as he headed toward Squad 6.

Jecht was soon at a giant battle between the squad and the hordes of manifestations attacking them. He found a group surrounded by some sort of energy that was now invisible, but he could still sense it. He assumed it mani being used, since his memory could give him no better answer. He found the deliverer he was looking for, but she was in the middle of a fight. He wanted to get to the Manifest, and she could comeback if she wanted to. He yelled in his deep voice “Shock” and the blinding light filled the small area. After the flash, he was in front of the girl with Hisagi behind him. Jecht faced the horde and swung his sword. Just the act of swinging let his sword release a giant outlet of energy that pierced every manifest in front of him and made them disintegrate. Hisagi Held his hands up and motioned for them to stop. “Excuse Ms. Kilara. My captain and I need you to take us to Manifest.” Jecht ran his hand through his hair while they had a moment of peace to think.

OOC: I hope you guys don't mind me butting in like this.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: I don’t mind. I’m just glad someone else is posting XD. I’m gonna have to PM the others and let them know this is up, maybe they don’t know.

===

Kuramori Iochi
World of the Living, Karakura Town
Rogue Soul Reaper

Kuramori was indeed surprised when the boy spoke to her, and for a moment she could only laugh. She couldn’t tell just how well the little human could perceive her, but for him to be aware of her at all was a boon! She could have even more fun with someone who could see her, as opposed to someone who only felt the cut of her blade against their flesh.

She was cut off when a Manifestation suddenly intruded on the moment, attacking her toy and ruining Kuramori’s good mood. She growled angrily, sounding like an irate dog, and whipped her Zanpaku-to around as she turned. The Manifestation was big, bigger than Kuramori by several feet. It was also bulky, and this combination might have made anyone else pause, just for a moment, before attacking. Kuramori, however, was not anyone else. She cackled for a moment before crouching, ready to leap at the Manifestation and tear it to pieces with Collapse.

At that moment, however, several smaller Manifestations arrived on the scene. They set upon their larger brethren, attacking with viciousness normally only reserved for stronger prey. The larger monster bellowed in pain and anger, thrashing its thick arms around uselessly as it tried to throw off its assailants. It was a futile effort, though, and even though it was much larger than any of the individual Manifestations attacking it, their sheer number quickly overwhelmed the beast. It fell, dead, to the ground, and Kuramori danced around the corpse with a gleeful laugh.

“My good little pets, come to protect me! Good little pets you are, to come and help me instead of eating!” she said cheerfully. One of the smaller Manifestations leapt from the body and scuttled over to her, making excited sounds. It resembled a cat with red scales instead of fur and a body like a centipede’s. It was about the length of Kuramori’s arm, and when it came to her, she stopped long enough to scoop it up in her free hand. She spun in a circle and ended up facing the young man who she’d followed, the other Manifestations gathering behind her as she studied the boy.

“My little pets are very playful,” she said, sounding like this was a normal conversation between normal people under normal circumstances. “Sometimes they get too playful and end up killing their toy. Then they get mad. But I’ve been teaching them not to be so rough. If you’re gentle, the toy lasts longer.” She giggled softly as the Manifestation in her arm snarled at the boy, curling around Kuramori’s arm and looking ready to attack. Kuramori cooed at it and the thing settled down. “See? She wants to play with you, but they’ve had their fun. No, you’re MY toy, little baby.”

But at that moment, she sensed another Taichou. She didn’t recognize them right away, which meant it had to be the new Taichou of Squad 9. She also sensed Hisagi-Fukutaichou, but she paid his presence no mind. He was no Taichou, though he’d been acting like one for Squad 9 for a while after Tousen-Taichou had left.

And with another Taichou present, Kuramori’s inate paranoia of them finding and killing her kicked in. She hissed angrily, and the Manifestations around her reacted to her angered fear. They shifted uneasily and growled at nothing, some of them snapping at each other.

“Taichou,” she spat, backing away a few paces without realizing it. “Bastards! One day I’ll see them all dead, dead…” Kuramori barked a harsh laugh, then focused on the young human before her. “Lucky little baby. The Taichous are here, and I won’t let them find me. Not until I can make sure they all die, die, die…but it’s okay, little baby. I’ll find you again soon and we can play aaaaaaaaallllllll night.” She then sheathed Collapse and leapt onto the roof she’d recently jumped down from, darting away and vanishing entirely within seconds. The Manifestations eyed the young man for a moment before leaving as well, having heard Kuramori’s claim of the human. They knew better than to try attacking someone she wanted to play with.

\\\

Kilara Zirrin
Human Deliverer

The battle was actually starting to go in our favor. The ranks were thinning and we still hadn’t lost anyone. A few of the Soul Reapers had some minor injuries, but so far we’d been extremely lucky. None of the Manifestations we’d fought so far had been capable of using Mani, which had been a huge boon. It seemed like the fight was starting to die down, and I had time to notice when Vice-Captain Abarai arrived. He left before too long, taking a few of the Soul Reapers around me with him. I offered a quick wave before turning back to the battle.

It was only a few moments later when the new Captain of Squad 9 abruptly showed up, followed by Vice-Captain Hisagi. The Captain, who’s name I couldn’t remember, casually attacked the remaining Manifestations, destroying most of them in one go. Hisagi motioned for us to stop fighting, which wasn’t too hard considering only a few Manifestations remained. None of them looked too keen to press the attack, and a few turned tail and fled. When they booked, the other five or so decided now would be a good time to take off as well. I paid them no mind, because at that moment several Knights popped into view. They seemed a bit surprised to find the battle over, but when they spotted the fleeing Manifestations, they gave chase.

“Excuse me, Ms. Kilara,” Hisagi was saying. I turned my attention to him. “ My Captain and I need you to take us to Manifest.”

“Oh?” I replied, sheathing my sword and taking stock of myself. I had a few cuts from stray Manifestation claws, but all of them had already stopped bleeding. All in all, it had been a good fight for us. Only a few light injuries, no fatalities, no Manifestations throwing Mani around like crazy…a good fight indeed. “I guess that won’t be a problem, but I think I should stress the fact that it ain’t fun there. With Manifest merging with our Outworld, it’ll only be even more chaotic, if that’s even possible.” I then faced the Soul Reapers I’d been fighting with, smiling and thanking them for their help. I offered Captain Kuchiki another wave before turning back to Hisagi and Squad 9’s Captain. “Gimme a second, ‘kay?”

I walked forward a few steps and held out my hands, gathering Mani before them and forming it into a concentrated ball of dark purple light. After I had an orb the size of a beach ball, I muttered, “Unlock,” and clapped my hands together. The light expanded and took on the form of a tall rectangle, and then it flickered slightly. When it became stable, the light receded until a scene of madness was visible on the other side of the gateway. The world of Mani lie beyond the portal I’d formed, and it was in full insanity-mode. The landscape changed and warped constantly; the ground heaved and pulsed while grass grew, became trees which in turn became clouds, and these melted away into a brief snowstorm that covered the land. The snow, instead of melting, became hundreds of butterflies that fluttered away. Some remained as they were, most became something entirely different. The ground itself changed as well, bulging into hills, dipping into craters, forming a forest here and a mountain there. The mountain faded away as the forest sunk into an ocean. The only constant thing was the light. A bright red orb that was similar to our world’s Sun cast an eternal red-gold light over Manifest. There was no day, no night, no change at all in the strength of the light cast by the strange sphere in the sky, which itself constantly changed color and even texture.

After opening the portal, I glanced back at the others and offered a faint smile.

“Next stop, Manifest," I told them. "Come on, I'll give you a tour of the madness." I then turned back to the portal and stepped through it, actually feeling the shift from reality to the complete lack of reality. It was something I'd never gotten used to, something I'd been told most everyone never gets used to.

^Rock Musical Bleach^