Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX-RubyGamer View Post
I'm not really "showcasing" anything in my forum sig or avatar, it's simple, my avatar is my favorite Pokémon, Sharpedo, and my sig is just general indo, which is true info!
It's a showcase for stuff you made :)
Old 12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
The first one looks too monosaturated and dark. The swirls obscure the Arcanine too much.

The second one is better, but the white to the far left bothers me. It looks like the background stops at the Raichu.

*Victory sign* Grey, from MAD magazine's Spy Vs. Spy Vs. Spy. Yay.
Victory sign? It's usually when the Black, White or Gray spy is having two fingers up like a "V" sign. I don't see it, but still, you got the theme right. I love Spy vs Spy. =]

Anyway, I love the Gray spy, but the hearts indicate more of a love theme rather than a victory theme. Which, she kinda is victorious, but she also shows love, too. To people who might not know about her might think she only shows love. Still, I really like your concept. High five!

Hmm, Black and white shades. A nice theme color, very basic, it'd just be interesting to maybe see color? It might be a bit difficult to make a colorful theme with a black and white stock, but I've seen banners with comic or manga renders or stocks with maybe one of two colors added to the black and white theme. It can work, since any color matches with both black and white. ^..^

Is it me or are some parts of the banner blurry and sharpened in random places? There's not a lot of depth put into this banner. =o Or a focal point. Well, if you ever need help picking a place for a focal point, try making the important parts; like text and renders, a focal point. What part of the banner do you wish to be seen first?

Hmm, the text could use some help. It's very basic, it's never a bad thing, but sometimes you want to make your text look interesting, or stand out. I can see the text in the background too, which, I think you should keep that font. We're not really suppose to see and comment so much on the text of the background, but more of the text on the dynamite.

Finally, I guess I'll talk about the background, since I started talking about it when I was giving comments on the font. XD Alrighty! So, it's a little busy and confusing. A grid, darker lines pointing at random places, a little too busy. If the darker lines were pointing towards the dynamite or the Gray Spy, I think it'd give a better view of where possibly a focal point could be. =]

I think that's all I have to comment on, sorry if this wasn't enough. XD Good banner overall, I really like the Spy vs Spy vs Spy concept. <3
Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Leach Seed Offline

Random 2 banners i made.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 12-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leach Seed View Post
Random 2 banners i made.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sorry, but there's a rule that, if you're going to display banners and want comments or crits on them, you need to comment or give crit to someone else who posted before you. =x
Old 12-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Flaming Compound Offline

Send a message via MSN to Flaming Compound

Quote:
Random 2 banners i made.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I like them 2 but i like the one in your signiture more.

Spoiler:
Old 12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Shozuka Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shozuka Send a message via Yahoo to Shozuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Compound View Post
I like them 2 but i like the one in your signiture more.

Spoiler:
Hmm, I don't like how the banner is so BRIGHT. Also, the render in the middle seems to be the focal rather than the render on the right, which would seem better. Try some tutorials, and you'll get better with practice.

C+CC?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shozuka View Post
Hmm, I don't like how the banner is so BRIGHT. Also, the render in the middle seems to be the focal rather than the render on the right, which would seem better. Try some tutorials, and you'll get better with practice.

C+CC?
I like it but where there is a sort of pixelly dissolve, it just doesn't fit. (Pixelly dissolve bit is around Darkrai's white tuft) Otherwise, I like the colour scheme and the text and it looks great.

My latest work:
I REALLY like it.

Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Numb Blaziquaza Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
I like it but where there is a sort of pixelly dissolve, it just doesn't fit. (Pixelly dissolve bit is around Darkrai's white tuft) Otherwise, I like the colour scheme and the text and it looks great.

My latest work:
I REALLY like it.
Pretty nice, apart from the fact that the colours are a bit too saturated.

I am harsh but true.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Hmm..personally I am not fond of it, but that may be just me.

Some pointers:

The light source hurts my eyes. Make it softer; less bright.
The light source is so bright it looks like the focal. The sprites below are shadowed by it. What's the focal? The sprites or the light source? You tell me.
I don't like the bar you put at the bottom. Lol, it just may be me.
It's fine other than that. :)

Well, here's my latest work, 'escaping to the stars'. It's pretty awesome, but may not nessicerily be the best (in my opinion). But the awesome thing is, it's an original! :D:D

The Aron kinda looks like a panda. xD Not really.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post
Hmm..personally I am not fond of it, but that may be just me.

Some pointers:

The light source hurts my eyes. Make it softer; less bright.
The light source is so bright it looks like the focal. The sprites below are shadowed by it. What's the focal? The sprites or the light source? You tell me.
I don't like the bar you put at the bottom. Lol, it just may be me.
It's fine other than that. :)

Well, here's my latest work, 'escaping to the stars'. It's pretty awesome, but may not nessicerily be the best (in my opinion). But the awesome thing is, it's an original! :D:D

First off, why "Escaping to the Stars?"

Secondly, I don't particularly like the reddish area to the left of the Aron, It forces me to look to that instead of Aron.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:42 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shozuka View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Blaziquaza View Post
What is it with you people and not adding borders? Seriously. That's like the easiest thing to do. You guys have beautiful pieces but you're not finished until you have SOME kind of border. If you don't want an obvious border, then do a small border and Gaussian Blur it.

It's easy:
Layer > New Layer
Make sure it's on top.
Select > All
Edit > Stroke
Pick a color, on GIMP you have to pick the color first.
Pick your size.
OK
Now play with effects and settings until you like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post

You're my hero! You're doing it right. Who cares if the "escape the stars" bit makes no sense. It looks cool, it works. Oh, LOOK! It has a border! Love the pen tool, love the use of the c4d, love the Pokemon card cut out. It's a little bright, but there's not much you can to about that. Good job, Linchy.

I notice people trying to revive graphics, and I don't discourage this at all, in fact I implore it, greatly. But people, come on, get the basics down. Flow, Lightsource, Border, Color Balance, Size or the tag, Size of the render in the tag, all of this is very easy to do, and simple work with. There are thousands of banner tutorials spread across the internet. find them, use them, get better. There's no easier way of putting it. I see vast potential in all of you, USE IT!

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 12-16-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

I use borders a lot but sometimes I DON'T USE THEM! It's perfectly fine not to use a border. You don't need to explode.

Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2010, 06:25 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

Sorry but you don't always need a border. Sometimes they look so messy with borders.

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 12-16-2010, 06:27 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
I use borders a lot but sometimes I DON'T USE THEM! It's perfectly fine not to use a border. You don't need to explode.

I'm not exploding. I was always told, while learning graphics, that tags/icons were incomplete without borders, even if they were small and barely noticable, and it's now my belief as such. It's my opinion is all that it is. It wasn't a rant, or raving of any kind. It's how I work when I explain things. A bit harsh, but it gets the message across. People like Leach Seed are fairly new and probably don't know how to make borders, which is why I left that miniature tutorial up. So, while not adding a border to a piece is just fine for some people, I prefer to see them, and so I expressed that to get some kind of point across which seemed to come across the wrong way, which I apologize for, but take back nothing that I said.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post

I'm not exploding. I was always told, while learning graphics, that tags/icons were incomplete without borders, even if they were small and barely noticable, and it's now my belief as such. It's my opinion is all that it is. It wasn't a rant, or raving of any kind. It's how I work when I explain things. A bit harsh, but it gets the message across. People like Leach Seed are fairly new and probably don't know how to make borders, which is why I left that miniature tutorial up. So, while not adding a border to a piece is just fine for some people, I prefer to see them, and so I expressed that to get some kind of point across which seemed to come across the wrong way, which I apologize for, but take back nothing that I said.
And also, for Photoshop users, it's Edit - Stroke. Of course, you'll need to have the border on the very top layer.

Spoiler: