Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Trent Reznor's Avatar
Trent Reznor Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,626
Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor
Default Re: Wikileaks

I believe that what Wikileaks is doing is interesting yet cruel.

Now THAT could start something.
__________________

Twin: Eternal Moonlight | Sister: Scourge of Amaranth | Pair: Doodlebop
Theme by Mizuki Emi
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Ender the Xenocide's Avatar
Ender the Xenocide Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Oh my, someone needs to educate themselves. I suggest you start reading books on philosophy and political ideology and learning what Communism actually is. First of all, attacking someone's political view is like attacking their religion, and I can draw many parallels between my political views and my spiritual ones, so I suggest you don't tread on thin ice. Second of all, Capitalism doesn't work, period. It's destroying the planet, the economy it makes is clearly failing pathetically, and the part people are starting to see are right-wing fascists like the Tea Party emerging.

I have no problem with working for a living, what do you assume I am? Some lazy stoner? No, my family is a hard-working Slavic family. Three of my grandparents are from the Soviet Union. Oddly enough, I've never heard them complain about Communism. Even my grandmother who is ultra-Christian, never said anything bad about Communism like the right-wing Christians in America do.

And I think you need to understand the premises of Communism before you make silly comments. Money wouldn't matter in a true Communist society. It's like a job, and your benefits are everything. It's a world community, everyone works for everyone. It's tough to understand when you've only been exposed to Capitalism (which derives from Feudalism, whereas Communism is a concept that's existed forever). But it's fine, because the good part of humanity will always triumph over the evil part (greed). Society changes, and inevitably will become Communist some day as human knowledge expands (especially as we learn of oneness in existence). The universe tends to balance things out, and I think it's rather selfish of humans to think of themselves as the most important thing in existence.

Oh yeah, Communism isn't a type of government either.

Anyways, this has nothing to do with WikiLeaks, so make a thread about the evil of Communism if you feel the need to reply (which I suggest you don't until you are at peace with the universe and stop caring about your silly material possessions).
I am not going to continue with the argument because:
A) You fail to see the points that I am making.
B) You think you are above money.
C) You obviously DON'T know anyone who had to deal with anything of this pesky matter.
and
D) You are so blind to see you started this conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Lan.exe's Avatar
Lan.exe Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,192
Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender the Xenocide View Post
I am not going to continue with the argument because:
A) You fail to see the points that I am making.
B) You think you are above money.
C) You obviously DON'T know anyone who had to deal with anything of this pesky matter.
and
D) You are so blind to see you started this conversation.
Good post, would read again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Good post, would read again.
Please be silent, no more.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Starkipraggy's Avatar
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Gundam Porygon ZZ
Posts: 3,151
Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Wikileaks

It's true that the government needs their privacy, but the government shouldn't have the power to just stamp "Confidential" over things that they clearly should not be doing and shoving it under the rug. Wikileaks is a clear balance to that. Of course if Wikileaks starts spitting out really important documents that completely jeopardise US' position as a superpower, then they've gone too far.

It's a form of checks and balances, which is what democracy is about. If Wikileaks starts leaking stuff pertaining to national security so that the terrorists can figure out how to set up those bombs better, or they release the documents talking about the government's plans to screw North Korea/rogue countries hard in the ass, causing those countries to go nuts and prep their nukes for launch, then they go too far and the government clamps down on them and nukes everyone who is involved with Wikileaks at that time. If the US government is abusing its confidential stamps to cheat American citizens of their money, or they are making a plan to completely OMNOMNOMNOM Africa, then yes, Wikileaks should expose their evil stuff and make the citizens blast the damn politicians out of office.

To be fair Anon is a more powerful force than all the voters of America so meh. You have more people, but you can't agree on anything and then you have those silly brainwashed people throwing their votes at the worst options so nothing gets done.
__________________


Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader

Last edited by Starkipraggy; 12-19-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Removing censored words
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Ender the Xenocide's Avatar
Ender the Xenocide Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
It's true that the government needs their privacy, but the government shouldn't have the power to just stamp "Confidential" over things that they clearly should not be doing and shoving it under the rug. Wikileaks is a clear balance to that. Of course if Wikileaks starts spitting out really important documents that completely jeopardise US' position as a superpower, then they've gone too far.

It's a form of checks and balances, which is what democracy is about. If Wikileaks starts leaking stuff pertaining to national security so that the terrorists can figure out how to set up those bombs better, or they release the documents talking about the government's plans to screw North Korea/rogue countries hard in the ass, causing those countries to go nuts and prep their nukes for launch, then they go too far and the government clamps down on them and nukes everyone who is involved with Wikileaks at that time. If the US government is abusing its confidential stamps to cheat American citizens of their money, or they are making a plan to completely OMNOMNOMNOM Africa, then yes, Wikileaks should expose their evil stuff and make the citizens blast the damn politicians out of office.

To be fair Anon is a more powerful force than all the voters of America so meh. You have more people, but you can't agree on anything and then you have those silly brainwashed people throwing their votes at the worst options so nothing gets done.
Bare with me while I am writing this post, it is being written while I am listening to John Powell's music score known as the "Treadstone Assassins."

But just what did the leaks accomplish? Were they simply released to piss people off? I mean, from what I have heard, pretty much the only outcome was harm to American/European relations? Neh?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Hoshika's Avatar
Hoshika Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: '»\(ಠ_ಠ)/»'
Posts: 6,618
Default Re: Wikileaks

That kind of reminds me about how parents decide whether or not to tell their children that Santa isn't real, or the tooth fairy isn't real, or that someday they'll be taxed to death if they don't work hard. I mean, a kid can ALWAYS believe in Santa, right? What's the point in telling them if they're just gonna be sad?

Personally I do believe in Santa with all my heart, and I'm going to teach this to my children too, so every Christmas we'll get special presents from Santa Claus.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Lan.exe's Avatar
Lan.exe Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,192
Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Please be silent, no more.
Keep posting with two accounts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Ender the Xenocide's Avatar
Ender the Xenocide Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Keep posting with two accounts.
That will do, comrade.

Last edited by Ender the Xenocide; 12-19-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Traxx's Avatar
Traxx Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southwest U.S.
Posts: 143
Default Re: Wikileaks

A lot of people and politicians are upset because Wikileaks is interfering with their negotiations....Although it is that country's fault for doing other things besides that...DOn't want to get too much into politics. I think I'll stop there.

(Also, Ender, please, when you post, make sure that whatever you say is over 4 words. It's a forum rule.
__________________
~Traxx

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Ender the Xenocide's Avatar
Ender the Xenocide Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx View Post
A lot of people and politicians are upset because Wikileaks is interfering with their negotiations....Although it is that country's fault for doing other things besides that...DOn't want to get too much into politics. I think I'll stop there.

(Also, Ender, please, when you post, make sure that whatever you say is over 4 words. It's a forum rule.
Better forum Nazi, sir? (jk)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Larvinator's Avatar
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: N/A
Posts: 2,140
Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender the Xenocide View Post
Bare with me while I am writing this post, it is being written while I am listening to John Powell's music score known as the "Treadstone Assassins."

But just what did the leaks accomplish? Were they simply released to piss people off? I mean, from what I have heard, pretty much the only outcome was harm to American/European relations? Neh?
I remember reading a very interesting article on this that essentially said Assange believes the governments are inherently corrupt and a scheme to make money, a conspiracy which he wishes to undermine. To that end, his goal is to get as many government secrets into the open as possible, since no conspiracy works without shadows. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate that article, but I'll post it when I find it.

The only opinion I have on this is that Assange looks like an albino supervillain. That and it's pretty interesting to watch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The KKK Official Site
The Ku Klux Klan, LLC. has not or EVER will have ANY connection with The "Westboro Baptist Church".
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Ender the Xenocide's Avatar
Ender the Xenocide Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 56
Default Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
I remember reading a very interesting article on this that essentially said Assange believes the governments are inherently corrupt and a scheme to make money, a conspiracy which he wishes to undermine. To that end, his goal is to get as many government secrets into the open as possible, since no conspiracy works without shadows. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate that article, but I'll post it when I find it.

The only opinion I have on this is that Assange looks like an albino supervillain. That and it's pretty interesting to watch.
It could be an action like this that leads to world union, or world war.
__________________
I AM UNIMPRESSED
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 AM
xXrealgoon420xX Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 28
Default Re: Wikileaks

the majority of government supporters fail to realize that Wikileaks and similar organizations are the last

bastions of journalistic integrity against regimes that have effectively become police states
take a look at America: you only have first amendment rights if you follow what the majority dictates

look at England: you guys have a CCTV on every corner of the street and are preparing to criminalize hardcore pornography

and poor Sweden is so entrenched in political correctness that they are allowing Islam to essentially dominate their public and private spheres

wikileaks is a positive organization for the benefit of humanity because they take the level of information sharing to the next level, without any biases for country or political organization: with few small changes to protect those involved, they release their information as is

a common argument is: "But shouldn't there be some safeguards in governments? A civilian shouldn't know everything!"

i agree, but those cases are few and far between. it isn't a matter of national security to let us know that the war on terror is an incredible failure, and it isn't a matter of national security to allow conversations between diplomats be open to the public. its a matter of corporate and government sponsored interests, and the elite persuade you to join their cause because they have something to lose

wouldn't the world be much better if the politician was the one who feared his representatives, not the other way around? wouldn't things be better if governmental transactions and discussions were so open that countries couldn't war with each other, because the information would be known months beforehand? it would certainly be a safer world to live in
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Wikileaks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6mcSXge4Qo

*thread closed*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com