Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Platinum Lucario Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Platinum Lucario Send a message via AIM to Platinum Lucario Send a message via MSN to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Skype™ to Platinum Lucario
Default Forum styles/skins issue - A problem on profiles

Well, I'm sure many of you might have noticed how some of the forum styles don't even show the tabs on your profile or anyone else's profile. This is also a problem with the BlueCommune forum style, and there's many others in which have this problem.

Alright then, I'll list them all out for ya, OK here they are:

Tab disabled forum styles:
→ Pokemon Post-Apocalyptic
Eon Twins
Pokemon Urban Street
Your Adventure Awaits
Christmas 2010
BlueCommune → [default forum style]
Fancy Grey
Firaun
Future Vision
Future Vision III
Girl Talk
PS3 Style
Tab enabled forum styles:
→ vBulletin Style
→ Lake Trios
→ SmoothBlue
→ SmoothBlack
→ SmoothRed
→ SmoothLilac
→ SmoothRose
→ SmoothGreen
→ SmoothOrange
→ SilentGhost
→ AlienSkin
→ ASDial-Up
→ GreenLeaf
→ Intiview
→ I-Bulletin
→ I-Bulletin Red
→ I-Bulletin Green
→ I-Bulletin Purple
→ Kirsch
→ Sosumi
So ever since I returned to PE2K, I noticed what was going wrong, so now I just wonder to myself if anyone will be able to fix the CSS coding for the forum styles? Because this will cause anyone who registeres to see the BlueCommune forum style by default, which that forum style does not have any tabs appear on anyone's profile, even my own profile. If you want to see for yourself, use any of the forum styles that are highlighted in red. You will find that the forum style does not support tabs for user's profiles.

I am not sure if someone has already asked this question, but I do know one thing for a fact:
It needs to be fixed or replaced with different forum styles!

We can all help to create forum styles for PE2K, if you're a good graphic designer and excellent at CSS coding, then I'm sure PE2K would be able to be given some excellent forum styles and all that, it surely will help and even bring in more members to the forum as well. ;)
Old 01-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Forum styles/skins issue - A problem on profiles

I'm not sure what you mean? The tabs work on all the themes for me? Maybe it's your browser. From memory, I think they may not work on IE.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6055/tabsm.png
That's Your Adventure Awaits, Eon Twins and Post-Apocalyptic.

Either way, we already have people creating new themes. If you want to help, you can sign up here: http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=109315

Just checked, and yeah, it's a problem with IE. :) Unless you want to change browsers, I guess you'll just have to stick to a theme that's fully compatible with IE. ^^;

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 01-05-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Platinum Lucario Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Platinum Lucario Send a message via AIM to Platinum Lucario Send a message via MSN to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Platinum Lucario Send a message via Skype™ to Platinum Lucario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I'm not sure what you mean? The tabs work on all the themes for me? Maybe it's your browser. From memory, I think they may not work on IE.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6055/tabsm.png
That's Your Adventure Awaits, Eon Twins and Post-Apocalyptic.

Either way, we already have people creating new themes. If you want to help, you can sign up here: http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=109315

Just checked, and yeah, it's a problem with IE. :) Unless you want to change browsers, I guess you'll just have to stick to a theme that's fully compatible with IE. ^^;
Hm.. I see, so it's a problem with the compatibility with Internet Explorer, eh? Ah OK, then I guess I have a better idea: Rename the themes with having the same name, but with "(not fully compatible with Internet Explorer)" next to the ones that are not IE friendly. So that way, everyone will know for sure if whenever or not a forum skin is compatible with IE. Prahaps also editing the BlueCommune template to make it compatible for IE would actually fix the problem, because the BlueCommune theme is always the default, so any new user comes on PE2K with the BlueCommune theme, then they'll realize "what happened to my tabs? Why don't they appear? It's hard to use my profile.". Maybe that is why PE2K has less users than there used to be? The default theme really does need to be IE friendly, otherwise the new users will not know what is going on and what to do, exactly like what I was wondering at first when I returned.

As for creating a theme, I would do it if I knew how to create a customized template, not just one template downloaded from vbskins.com. But of course... I would like to join if I was good at making a customized template, sadly... I aren't experienced at it as of yet, I'm sorry.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:50 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Unfortunetly we don't have many experienced skin makers, so that's why we can't really edit the templates to make them compatible. We only just got the power to upload our own themes a few months ago because the admin was inactive for a long time, so we're really still learning how it all works. xD

Surprisingly I don't think anyone's ever brought up the tab problem and as far as I know, Blue Commune has always been our default theme. Kinda odd that no one else has noticed. I guess if more people have trouble we could consider renaming the themes (though it would make the drop down box way too big if we added that many words xD), but it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. I guess a section could be added in the forum guide/rules to let people know.

I think the forum activity is more a reflection of the main website than the IE incompatibility, but it's an interesting thought. xD
Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Disclaimer next to the skin switcher - "not all skins are fully compatible with Internet Explorer. Please download an alternative for the best browsing experience."

Also, may I ask - what version of IE do these skins not work in?

edit: blue commune shouldn't be the default since we have BEAUTIFUL alternatives (Your Adventure Awaits, imo, even if the Moltres bothers me)

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 01-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Platinum Lucario Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Unfortunetly we don't have many experienced skin makers, so that's why we can't really edit the templates to make them compatible. We only just got the power to upload our own themes a few months ago because the admin was inactive for a long time, so we're really still learning how it all works. xD

Surprisingly I don't think anyone's ever brought up the tab problem and as far as I know, Blue Commune has always been our default theme. Kinda odd that no one else has noticed. I guess if more people have trouble we could consider renaming the themes (though it would make the drop down box way too big if we added that many words xD), but it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. I guess a section could be added in the forum guide/rules to let people know.

I think the forum activity is more a reflection of the main website than the IE incompatibility, but it's an interesting thought. xD
Ah, I see. Well like I said, if I was good at CSS, then I would've been able to fix the problem with it's compatibility. Although maybe renaming some of the forum themes with it saying at the end "(IE friendly)" or something on the ones that work for IE. That should be short enough for it to fit in, probably, not too long
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Disclaimer next to the skin switcher - "not all skins are fully compatible with Internet Explorer. Please download an alternative for the best browsing experience."

Also, may I ask - what version of IE do these skins not work in?

edit: blue commune shouldn't be the default since we have BEAUTIFUL alternatives (Your Adventure Awaits, imo, even if the Moltres bothers me)
Hm... or maybe we could have that listed next to the quick style chooser

And I'm using Internet Explorer 8 on my old laptop, for my new laptop, I've got Internet Explorer 9 Beta (not tested on the forum skins, but doesn't work well with some websites)
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Thanks for the feedback. I'll talk to the big boys about this and see if we can't find a good solution.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3