Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
hazzaboy Offline

Default Re: Are we just getting Older or is Pokemon getting worse?

i know we are probly just getting older and used to the older pokemon, but my friends are just talking about it on and on and i just dont wont to give in to the new pokemon yet i know i will eventally there just ugly not to be aoffensive to the people who like it but come on they just becoming uglyer and even the names are sounding very strange. but i guess its that people get older and they exspect better!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
mayfan1000 Offline

one thing i read about the creators of the game is when he are getting new ideas for Pokemon they take quite a few trips to the zoo i just took a look at all the new Pokemon in the 5th generation I could connect at least one of the stages of the evolution reminded me of something at the zoo and they look very original to me so i am getting it and I am loving the now designs.
Kadabra: 1667
Alakazam: 1739
Level100: 1919 vpp stats
Old 02-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfan1000 View Post
one thing i read about the creators of the game is when he are getting new ideas for Pokemon they take quite a few trips to the zoo i just took a look at all the new Pokemon in the 5th generation I could connect at least one of the stages of the evolution reminded me of something at the zoo and they look very original to me so i am getting it and I am loving the now designs.
trust me you'll be glad you got it.. its worth every penny.

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-05-2011, 05:00 PM
mayfan1000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
trust me you'll be glad you got it.. its worth every penny.
oh i don't need to worry about that i am glad to see every and all new Pokemon they create
and with people dissing voltorb ditto and jinx don't those might not look like animals but get them strong enough and you are in for a beating.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Mr420 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfan1000 View Post
oh i don't need to worry about that i am glad to see every and all new Pokemon they create
and with people dissing voltorb ditto and jinx don't those might not look like animals but get them strong enough and you are in for a beating.
hows is this for a perk. Ditto in Gen V no longer waistes a turn using transform.. It now transforms by itself when tossed out.or so im told ..so your statement makes all sense

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
mayfan1000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
hows is this for a perk. Ditto in Gen V no longer waistes a turn using transform.. It now transforms by itself when tossed out.or so im told ..so your statement makes all sense
yes i LOVE gen. V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:59 PM
winstein Offline

It would have been ridiculous that Pokemon got worse, since reviewers never expressed this. Anyway, it must be that I am not so demanding, so I didn't feel like I didn't get what I wanted. In that case, it's the second option.

Thanks for reading.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Master Zorua Offline

It's a mixed bag for me. A lot of my favorite Pokemon (Ninetales, Blaziken and the Eeveelutions) are all getting brand new, awesome abilities and some new moves that will make them more formidable, and some of the new Pokemon are alright. Some of the new Pokemon, however, make me want to vomit at how ugly they look, and the three on three battling is just a bit much. Not to mention that in PvP battles, you're allowed to see the opponent's full line-up, which pretty much kills some of the element of surprise.

Also, I was hoping for a few new Eeveelutions to come onto the scene. :(
Old 02-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post

Pokemon isn't running out of ideas. Our expectations have just become too high.

That's my opinion anyways.

=^^= Nya
WAIIAIAIIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIIIIIIIIIAIAIAIAIIITITIAIT IAITIATIIITTTTTT A FREAKING CRAPPING SECONDS! If our expectations have become "too" high from passed generations, which suggests that they were so good that they did raise our expectations, that suggests that the new ones are not as good as the original. Case in point, that is a zoom zoom in the boom boom.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

If it was a matter of age I shouldn't have gotten into pokemon when it was brand new and I was fifteen. Waaay too much about pokemon fandom is linked to the idea that just because it stars a ten year old its target age for players is that age. Players of any age can play and love pokemon for the raw energy and zest for pokemon training\breeding\collecting that the trainers stand for. It's not so much as age issue as it is a state of mind...
Myself I've always been more of of a mix of Brock and Misty in my fandom for pokemon. Collecting pokemon and breeding more for its own sake than to impress. There is such a thing as a lighthearted older gamer of nearly 28 that could care less about detailed training and wifi battles, I'm one of them.
The fact is I am really looking forward to B\W, not as a replacement to G\S\C (my favorite gen) but as the next chapter storywise. If I turn out not to like it that much, like I did with the R\S\E days, there is always the freedom I have to just go back and play the other games in the meantime while I wait for the next game. My fandom is still burning even if I have far less people to share it with than I did in the beginning :).

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Mr420 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
If it was a matter of age I shouldn't have gotten into pokemon when it was brand new and I was fifteen. Waaay too much about pokemon fandom is linked to the idea that just because it stars a ten year old its target age for players is that age. Players of any age can play and love pokemon for the raw energy and zest for pokemon training\breeding\collecting that the trainers stand for. It's not so much as age issue as it is a state of mind...
Myself I've always been more of of a mix of Brock and Misty in my fandom for pokemon. Collecting pokemon and breeding more for its own sake than to impress. There is such a thing as a lighthearted older gamer of nearly 28 that could care less about detailed training and wifi battles, I'm one of them.
The fact is I am really looking forward to B\W, not as a replacement to G\S\C (my favorite gen) but as the next chapter storywise. If I turn out not to like it that much, like I did with the R\S\E days, there is always the freedom I have to just go back and play the other games in the meantime while I wait for the next game. My fandom is still burning even if I have far less people to share it with than I did in the beginning :).
well said...
I also realized, i failed to say that in my previous post about Ditto it has to be a Ditto caught in Dream World with the eccentric ability not just a regular Ditto you catch or bring from Gen IV.. oppsy doopsy

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
WAIIAIAIIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIIIIIIIIIAIAIAIAIIITITIAIT IAITIATIIITTTTTT A FREAKING CRAPPING SECONDS! If our expectations have become "too" high from passed generations, which suggests that they were so good that they did raise our expectations, that suggests that the new ones are not as good as the original. Case in point, that is a zoom zoom in the boom boom.
No it means that were expecting them to be better than all the other Generations and the minute someone sees one they think is bad they're all like uhp new pokemonz is crap.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
RaaZeey Offline

i honestly think season 1,2(favorite), were awesome I like the starters for season 3 they were really good but not a fan of most of the other besides maybe aggron, flygon and sally. I loved season 4 only thing i didnt like about 4 was what they did to magmar :( he was one of my favorites. it was definatly an upgrade from 3 and I really dislike 5 starters are very unoriginal as are most of the other pokemon.

My favorite top 3 of each season
1.Scyther
2.Magmar
3.Hitmonlee

1. Feraligatr
2. Scizor
3.Ampharos

1.Aggron
2.Swampert
3.Seviper

1.Drapion
2.Luxray
3.Froslass / Glaceon

b&w none lol
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM
goldwynaut Offline

no, i guess the kids like it, but its still reason to feel sorry for them, they will never experience having a kickass charizard or trying mew under the truck or missingno
Old 03-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

I haven't posted for a while, but I have been lurking.
Props to the OP for making me chuckle and feel ancient.

Are we just getting older?
The answer is, no.
Aesthetics (visual appeal/how pleasing something is to look at) is based on personal opinion.
You may hate Garbodor and love Tauros, but someone else may be the opposite.
The counter to "Wtf? A rubbish bag that's been ravaged by cats? Really..." would be "A bull with an extra tail. How scintilating </sarcasm>"

Are they running out of ideas?
It's possible, but I highly doubt it.
I could sit here and churn out idea after idea for an Ice Pokémon that isn't an ice cream.
Or visit Deviant Art for a whole universe of other people's ideas.
But someone designed this one and a lot of people liked it/thought it was cute and so it was added.
Graveller is a spherical rock with limbs... I don't see how a block of ice with a snow covered face is any different.

What do you think?
I think that until they start incorporating existing things into their midst (like the old Yoshi rumour), we have nothing to worry about.
People will always like/dislike different things to the next.
... I'm an old fart...

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321