Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: The Role Play Forge - RP Creation Teamwork

It's actually more like half of a country or region we will be working in. Those town names work pretty well too actually (The first post, not Town A. That would be boring). Locations that may have gold, silver, coal, Tribal Settlements or Pokemon Herds must be marked as well.

Also, one of the primary conflicts is native/settler conflict similar to that of Avatar. One that will start out the RP is the removal of a native tribe from it's grounds on the account of large gold deposits directly underneath it. Hatred and prejudice runs both ways, and ultimately the decision for RPers is to either protect the native tribe's home or to destroy their homes and move them off the property.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
It's actually more like half of a country or region we will be working in. Those town names work pretty well too actually (The first post, not Town A. That would be boring). Locations that may have gold, silver, coal, Tribal Settlements or Pokemon Herds must be marked as well.

Also, one of the primary conflicts is native/settler conflict similar to that of Avatar. One that will start out the RP is the removal of a native tribe from it's grounds on the account of large gold deposits directly underneath it. Hatred and prejudice runs both ways, and ultimately the decision for RPers is to either protect the native tribe's home or to destroy their homes and move them off the property.
With this situation, you could use that to have multiple conflicts going on in the RP as well, but it would probably be best if all the side-conflicts were at least partially linked to each other. For example, the Desert Snakes could be leading a mining operation that would may involve fighting off the natives. Or, the Desert Snakes could be deceiving the natives into thinking they'll get something out of the deal (better weapons to fight with, for example) for allowing them to mine their precious minerals. Still, the other settlers and lawmen know the Desert Snakes better than that and know its a lie. The natives, however, have been convinced otherwise, and may even help the Desert Snakes in hopes that their deal with them will be completed. Again, this is just one method on how you can tie two conflicts together so they work hand in hand.

I would still keep at least one conflict that intrudes on RP characters that might think they can dodge out of the central conflict. For example, you may have a rancher that might not be after the gold/silver/coal that's up in the mountains, and feels they can evade dealing with the natives. Or they could be a lawman or a mercenary simply not interested in mining themselves, though they would be after money or something like that. However, if you have desert bandits and raiders after their money, resources, livestock, and pose a serious threat to their safety, well, chances are good they're not going to be able to evade that so easily.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:54 PM
NES2 Offline

Well, as far as making sure everybody has some sort of conflict to deal with every once in a while (My RP can't be ALL fighting, there have to be some calm "break" spots that involve travel and admiration of the land), my idea is to have bands of natives do this. Though there will be many tribes, only three will play a major role in the story. All these names come from the Swahili language (I wanted to do Navajo, but they don't have translation machines for that language).

The Amani Tribe: A relatively peaceful and friendly tribe, the Shanook are the smallest of the three main tribes and the safest. Though a few are weary of the settlers, the Shanook have learned that siding with them means protection and trade. Most Shanook act as guides to starting settlers, sharing their knowledge of the land with anyone who wants it for a price. Others trap wild animals for their pelts, which are exchanged at trading posts in exchange for food and weapons. Because of this relation, the Shanook are the best armed tribe, ironic due to their peaceful ways.

The Faragha Tribe: The largest tribe of the three, the Pactoca can be described as an isolationist tribe. Many of their people were killed off by introduced diseases during the first contact with settlers, and as a result most want nothing to do with the so called "cursed ones", though a few of the younger generations are more open to the intermingling of the the two groups. Pactoca live in a matriarchal society of hunters and gatherers who depend on the wandering herds and the wild berries for sustenance. They are considered a pest by many settlers since they cover much of the useful land and have no trade purpose at all.

The Roho Tribe: The Roho Tribe is a medium sized tribe and the most dangerous of the three. Known for their hatred of all settlers and any who side with them, the Roho Tribe has burnt settlements to the ground and slaughtered all those who live there, unleashing deadly vengeance upon those who would trod upon their sacred land. They are particularly hostile towards the Amani, who they see as traitors and suck-ups. Hated by most if not all settlers, it is rumored among some that the Roho tribe are descended from demons who escaped hell.

Last edited by NES2; 02-06-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Those three tribes definitely sound good, I would stick with those and leave it at that. Adding more probably isn't necessary. And I agree with you that the RP shouldn't be only about fighting, but as we all know, every war has its battles and its moments of ceasefire as the sides prepare for the next engagement. I wouldn't worry too much about being concerned the fights will be seemingly endless.

You could also have it where you have RPers taking on the roles of the natives as well. This is a pretty flexible idea, and you have the option to open that up any way you like it.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:25 PM
NES2 Offline

That was one of the classes you know, right? Yeah, you will be able to chose among those three tribes for your character.

So, anything else? I'm liking the way this RP is developing so far, but I'm sure there's at least one more thing we can add.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
@ ID Saraibre Ryu, The Zone

It definitely sounds like you’ve got something interesting started here. I’ll see if I can help.

First, with the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia having been damaged, it might be helpful to explain exactly how it happened, which is an interesting element of the RP that could definitely be used later to create some kind of antagonist force or entity. You might also want to ask if more souls might be damaged from this force in the future, how it’s being done, where it’s happening, and who is doing it. Again, its okay if you don’t want to spoil all of these details and leave it up to the discretion of the RPers themselves, but it would be helpful to give them some investigative leads. Not to mention, their characters shouldn’t be too aware of this OOC knowledge, but it could be something that the RPers are aware of as they allow their characters to uncover the potential mystery piece by piece.

The dimension becoming warped as a result of their hibernation is a pretty good crisis element, and the idea of Darkrai and Cresselia putting everyone in a state of slumber while this remedial process is underway is a pretty interesting idea. It seems realistic and would probably be something the legends of Pokémon would try to do. The fact that they didn’t get everyone and it causes a heretical uprising is a cool plot element. I would try to give the heretic faction some kind of name, since they’re definitely important to the storyline. But there’s some other questions to answer.

With this crisis at hand, what is going to be the heretic faction’s main goals, now that they believe Acreus and the others have pretty much left them for dead in a chaotic and warped reality? How are they currently organized, and what are they doing to survive? It could be that they’re trying to find a way to fix the problem without Arceus’s help, or they’re trying to fight the antagonist faction that caused this in the first place. You could even have it where if they manage to defeat the antagonist faction that caused the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia to be damaged in the first place, the “dark wounds” that were inflicted would become healed, and the four of them could perhaps return to establish order once again.

Your hypothetical situation could be something like this. Don’t mind the names, I just like giving things names. You definitely don’t need to stick with them if you don’t want to.

It could be that the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia were damaged by a faction called Black Vertigo. As an example, Black Vertigo could actually be a faction from the future, consisting of technologically enhanced humans, Pokémon, droids, and cyborgs with powerful armor, weapons, and technology. As a motive, we could also say that they came back to the current time period to alter the course of time for dark political reasons, to ensure their empire would never have to even fight their sworn enemy from the future (we’ll call them the Scarlet Lance, but they’re not that important for this storyline’s purpose, its just to establish motive and goals). In their attempt to do this, Black Vertigo used a dark technology called a Soul Spike, used to damage (but not destroy) the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, knowing they’d have to go into hibernation as a result, giving them freedom to use their own technology to essentially hijack the course of time and alter it how they saw fit. Only once they were done would they allow these four legends to return, once they had ensured the Scarlet Lance would never come to exist due to erasing the enemy faction’s “origin points” of the past.

But, since everything is in chaos, we could say their plan didn’t work, and time and space is becoming scrambled because of it. However, even though Black Vertigo’s mission had met failure, they’re still trying to remedy the situation, but they need more time. At the same time, you have the Heretic Faction, who we’ll call the “Gray Brotherhood,” initially believing Arceus was responsible for the dimension scrambling. Along the way, you have the potential for a war to rage between Black Vertigo and the Gray Brotherhood as both of them stand to obstruct the goals of the other.

Since Black Vertigo has technology, cybernetics, and futuristic weaponry and armor that the Gray Brotherhood wouldn’t have, it might be a good idea to give the Gray Brotherhood some kind of special power they managed to obtain from some source, just to keep both sides having some kind of balance. Otherwise, the Gray Brotherhood would probably be toast against a faction of the future, especially since the Gray Brotherhood would have limited resources, while the Black Vertigo could probably call in reinforcements from the future. This is where you get to play around with some imagination, and let the Gray Brotherhood have some unique abilities.

As for these powers, you could say they might have gained them due to the nature of the distortions, and that special and beneficial changes happened to them because of it.

So in the end, you have this situation:

Black Vertigo
  • Attempt to complete the mission by destroying the Scarlet Lance’s “origin points.” That could include finding their future leader as a child, and assassinating him. Taking out the future commanders (we’ll go with two) could also be an objective to make sure no one continues the leader’s work in the future. It may also be possible that this leader and his/her commanders may be among those in slumber.
  • Keep the Gray Brotherhood away from their activities, and destroy them entirely if it becomes necessary.

Gray Brotherhood
  • In the beginning, they won’t know about Black Vertigo, but it should become apparent soon enough. Once they do, they need to figure out how they wounded the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, and how a remedy could be applied.
  • Find a way to get rid of Black Vertigo and make sure its impossible for them to ever come back while trying to avoid the time and space distortions.

In closing, this is just ONE example of how you can take that plot’s basis and turn it into a working RP. With this, you could have RPers make characters for either the Gray Brotherhood and fight Black Vertigo as an entity of powerful NPCs, or even both, where you’ll have Black Vertigo RPers against Gray Brotherhood RPers, fighting in a realm where there are dangerous zones of time and space distortion that now make up the ravaged battlefield.

Or, you could even scrap this whole idea and go with a spiritual disaster instead, where the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia were wounded because a massive, spiritually cataclysmic event is on the verge of unfolding, and the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia are simply just the beginning of what may turn into a massive, soul-crushing disaster, turning it into a race against time to find out how it is all happening, and what the Heretic faction has to do to stop it before everyone’s spirit is crushed from the disaster. However, first they need to realize what exactly is happening, and that unlike what they thought before, Arceus hasn’t forsaken them, its something possibly even far worse than that!

Its definitely a good idea you can play around with.
I can't believe I forgot the heretics motives. *facepalms* That's what you get for writing at 1am.

Okay, so...I favor mysticism over tech type things as tech is not my forte. Unless you get into arcane tech then thats the best of both worlds and then I can wing it and use all four branches of science I unknowingly took in highschool.

Anyway, heretics motives would be to keep Arceus and the others in hibernation until they could reshape the world anew. They would be out to replace Arceus with something they had more control over. I'm thinking they would try to find a way to modify Genesect to become the new god of all.

Also of how Arceus' soul and the others were damaged. I'm thinking that the Type Plates in which Arceus uses to Multitype with were broken into three pieces [more or less] and it hit the other three, being close to being able to manipulate the fabrics of reality. The other Legendary Pokemon would have had a blow to them as well, lessening their abilities in some way. Their souls could slowly start to degrade on their own unless a human was willing to strain part of their own to keep one alive. Little tidbit of info there.

I like your Black Vertigo idea. I shall use the name. Seeing as if the Gray Brotherhood [using that too] did succeed in turning Genesect into 'Omnisect' it'd be a whole different world. They would do this by finding pieces of the previous type plates and synthesizing them together into an Omni Plate within Genesect. They would only need a small fragment of each plate to do so, leaving bits of the other plates for other use.

So these bits of the other plates could be fused into weapons or devices or armor that grant powers to the person wearing it or a special weapon with special powers to it. We could give these to Black Vertigo members, who use their special equipment to also protect themselves as they go back through time VIA Celebi's help [being the only time traveller awake, I know it's so Pokemon 4Ever but pX] from time strain. However, Black Vertigo members having travelled through time would of had to give up the gift of death [yes I said gift] and they would never age again, forever trapped in whatever time, age and such they left in. They can still be murdered but that's not really death coming o it's own, that's brought on a person. Hence why I said gift of death. I know it may confuse others so I'm gonna reword it.

So...in the sense of the main conflict...we could say that Black Vertigo screwed up their plans or were compromised by a spy/traitor, thus their tech helped put the legendary's into a full on hibernation. With the plates smashed, Arceus could have more than likely rebuilt them with Palkia but if they are already hurting from the loss of the plates, the tech issue just kicks them when they're down.

And I just realized I got the good guy bad guy bit of each faction mixed up...okay well hopefully you get what I meant >_<
I blame the Assassin's Creed nightmare I had last night. I don't even own the game. *shudders*

Anyway...so with the plate fragments giving others powers and the ability to resist 'Zone Damage' we'll call it. Seeing as the Black Vertigo people would have given up the gift of death, they would be trapped out of the time flow forever. [Time Hollow bit yes] Anyone else from the present time could protect themselves from being taken out of the flow of time with the special plate equipment, but only for so long until they start to lose themselves out of time.

Hell maybe even the Scarlet Lance managed to follow the Black Vertigo into the present to try and help the Brotherhood wage a war or something.

Did I mention I love this thread?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I love how Neo wrote 5-6 times what Sabbie did.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 02-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
That was one of the classes you know, right? Yeah, you will be able to chose among those three tribes for your character.

So, anything else? I'm liking the way this RP is developing so far, but I'm sure there's at least one more thing we can add.
That kind of all depends on how open you are. You could always borrow elements from something that could be considered another genre, such as fantasy, horror, and such. As long as it has a role and place and you can tie it in with the storyline with some ease, it can fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
I can't believe I forgot the heretics motives. *facepalms* That's what you get for writing at 1am.

Okay, so...I favor mysticism over tech type things as tech is not my forte. Unless you get into arcane tech then thats the best of both worlds and then I can wing it and use all four branches of science I unknowingly took in highschool.
Mysticism and tech stuff can go hand in hand, just as long as they have a way of connecting. Arcane tech is pretty cool, so you can always consider that an option also.

Quote:
Anyway, heretics motives would be to keep Arceus and the others in hibernation until they could reshape the world anew. They would be out to replace Arceus with something they had more control over. I'm thinking they would try to find a way to modify Genesect to become the new god of all.

Also of how Arceus' soul and the others were damaged. I'm thinking that the Type Plates in which Arceus uses to Multitype with were broken into three pieces [more or less] and it hit the other three, being close to being able to manipulate the fabrics of reality. The other Legendary Pokemon would have had a blow to them as well, lessening their abilities in some way. Their souls could slowly start to degrade on their own unless a human was willing to strain part of their own to keep one alive. Little tidbit of info there.
I don’t know much about Genesect yet, but that’s also a possibility. The means on how it happened are definitely workable and still flexible. I think as long as you answer the question one way or another that makes the RP storyline interesting and dynamic, you will have a good chance at making a decent RP.

Quote:
I like your Black Vertigo idea. I shall use the name. Seeing as if the Gray Brotherhood [using that too] did succeed in turning Genesect into 'Omnisect' it'd be a whole different world. They would do this by finding pieces of the previous type plates and synthesizing them together into an Omni Plate within Genesect. They would only need a small fragment of each plate to do so, leaving bits of the other plates for other use.

So these bits of the other plates could be fused into weapons or devices or armor that grant powers to the person wearing it or a special weapon with special powers to it. We could give these to Black Vertigo members, who use their special equipment to also protect themselves as they go back through time VIA Celebi's help [being the only time traveller awake, I know it's so Pokemon 4Ever but pX] from time strain. However, Black Vertigo members having travelled through time would of had to give up the gift of death [yes I said gift] and they would never age again, forever trapped in whatever time, age and such they left in. They can still be murdered but that's not really death coming o it's own, that's brought on a person. Hence why I said gift of death. I know it may confuse others so I'm gonna reword it.
I love the way you think, Ryu. Very good ideas.

Quote:
So...in the sense of the main conflict...we could say that Black Vertigo screwed up their plans or were compromised by a spy/traitor, thus their tech helped put the legendary's into a full on hibernation. With the plates smashed, Arceus could have more than likely rebuilt them with Palkia but if they are already hurting from the loss of the plates, the tech issue just kicks them when they're down.

And I just realized I got the good guy bad guy bit of each faction mixed up...okay well hopefully you get what I meant >_<
I blame the Assassin's Creed nightmare I had last night. I don't even own the game. *shudders*
Betrayals are always fun elements to a storyline. But yeah, those are definitely workable plans, its just a matter of which ones you feel like picking.

Quote:
Anyway...so with the plate fragments giving others powers and the ability to resist 'Zone Damage' we'll call it. Seeing as the Black Vertigo people would have given up the gift of death, they would be trapped out of the time flow forever. [Time Hollow bit yes] Anyone else from the present time could protect themselves from being taken out of the flow of time with the special plate equipment, but only for so long until they start to lose themselves out of time.

Hell maybe even the Scarlet Lance managed to follow the Black Vertigo into the present to try and help the Brotherhood wage a war or something.
You could always get the Scarlet Lance involved as well, and give them their own motives, characteristics, and such. Them allying with the Gray Brotherhood would be interesting as well, though I wouldn’t make the Scarlet Lance stronger than Black Vertigo, I would make them different in a unique way that gives them some kind of competitive advantage, but doesn’t make the Black Vertigo side unappealing by having the Gray Brotherhood + Scarlet Lance have more variance of/stronger abilities. Otherwise, people will flock to the side that has more customizable options. Not to mention people generally tend to favor protagonist roles, and since Black Vertigo are pretty much the antagonists, its something to keep in mind.

Worst case, make Black Vertigo stronger. Its much better to have stronger antagonists where a tough challenge is presented to the protagonists than to have the protagonists making a punching bag out of the bad guys. The later tends to get boring quickly, but the former presents challenges, possible storyline twists, and so on.

Quote:
Did I mention I love this thread?
*Looks above*

Maybe we should just call it the “Pimp My RP, Neo Pikachu!” thread. :P

Would be nice to see other people's ideas and thoughts on these RPs.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

*is to lazy to quote*

I read that Genesect was a fossilized Pokemon brought back to life and then tampered with, with science, so it's like another Mewtwo only it's not cloning, it' more 'machine' based since it was given that freakin' gun on it's back. I'm thinking it would be easier to control than Mewtwo was.

Okay so...because it's now stuck in my head...I keep thinking of the Gray Brotherhood as the baddies [they make me think of the guys in the Temple of Shadows in Fable II and heretics, brotherhood just sounds better.] Scarlet Lance makes me think of a lance that turned it's colour because of massive bloodshed...just how it works out in my brain. I keep seeing Black Vertigo as the good guys, that's just how I understood it all the first time in my head. So it would be Grey B in the present trying to assemble the Omniplate and find Genesect, Black Vertigo from the future try to come and stop it from happening, Scarlet Lance also from the future attempts to stop BV, both get taken to the present after being split up along the way. Scarlet Lance finds the Grey B. they join their evil forces. Black Vertigo works in the unfamiliar present to try and save the world, such and such, away we go.

That pretty much sums up the problem bit that makes the whole RP what is.

Cause of the problem being that the plates of Arceus were shattered, thus leading to soul damage for all Legendary Pokemon [more apparent in Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina] then an unseen anomaly in space and time [the time machine from the future] caused the four previously mentioned Legendary's to fall into a hibernation state due to their damaged souls. The now weakened other legends try to set all of the world into a hibernate slumber. Some heretics think Arceus abandoned them to die and form the Grey Brotherhood to try and replace Arceus with a much more controllable 'god' in modifying Genesect, by fusing fragments of the previous type plates into an Omniplate and keeping Arceus and the others asleep. In the magnificent world of time skipping, in the future, Scarlet Lance and Black Vertigo are in conflict over the current, grim situation of the world. The world is tearing itself apart, things are in massive chaos. Black Vertigo makes a machine to try and go back in time to stop the key event in history to prevent 'Omnisect' from ever existing. A first attempt results in failure as they were compromised and thus they damaged things further. Black Vertigo being adamant on changing the past, searches for the Celebi's help. [Yes I'm saying more than one, another Pokemon 4Ever thing but again, pX] In return for taking them back into the past, Black Vertigo members must give up the gift of death and time and part of their soul to support another legendary [not really an important bit but even having a weakened legendary on your side would give Black Vertigo an even edge against Scarlet Lance and Grey B.]

Then Black Vertigo gets sent into the present, but not until having a fight with Scarlet Lance before that. They both get sent into the present, Black Vertigo left with just themselves and the Plate Gear they brought, and the legendary Pokemon that they are supporting in return for time travel.

Thus the RP starts.

Balancing between GB and SL versus BV:

Grey B. and SL
- Has tech supplied by Scarlet Lance to synthesize Omniplate, and knowledge of where some of the fragments are.
-Scarlet Lance has more knowledge of the present time because of 'owning' the history of the current time in the future.
-Scarlet Lance can use Grey B. as a cover to make sure their motives are met and founded. Can use knowledge of the future to convert others to their causeto strengthen their hold in the future.

Black Vertigo
-Removed from the presence of time, can move about Dimensia Zones without harm and protect others with Plate Gear
-Soul linked with a single legendary [not necessary of all Black Vertigo members but I see that people will wanna use them, obviously some are off limits]

I may add more...my brain is getting lost in birthdayness right now...Finer details and such in the actual presentation will be much better than this. I'm thinking of going with arcane tech for Black Vertigo for the Plate gear, and advance straight tech for Grey B. and Scarlet Lance. I'm gonna limit a few of the same types per plate gear, [Ex: only 3 or so people can have a plate gear of the same type] and each person only gets one. Scarlet Lance and Black Vertigo get immediate access in the beginning, being from the future, Grey B. can get it eventually. Though black Vertigo can start out with one legendary Pokemon, if the legendary dies, so does it's owner/trainer/person.

I think I've got everything pretty much done, just the balancing thing and making both sides appealing.

Quote:
That made me LOL XD

Quote:
Quote:
I love how Neo wrote 5-6 times what Sabbie did.
Yeah Kya...more constructive criticism than that. pX
Old 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post

Sorry! I... never really know what to say... Um. And I always sound like someone who doesn't have a clue about what they're talking about. Which is extremely accurate. *facepalms*

I don't know what to say about Sabby's RP (read- too lazy to read the entire conversation), but I'll try to crit the next one. ^^'

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Yeah Kya...more constructive criticism than that. pX
I really have nothing to add on top of the wall of text Neo posted :P

Anyway, here's an idea.

Title: Call of the Void
Fandom Basis: Pokemon-based, war and apocalypse junkies. (Creativity? What's that?)
Opening Plot:

It was inevitable really. Sooner or later, great, vulnerable power would be exploited. On the next pass of the Millennium Comet, a single madman grabbed hold of Jirachi and wished for the power to conquer the world.

Flash forward two decades. Nation after nation has fallen to the Empire of the Rising Sun. This new nation, led by the enigmatic Alexander Morbane (all names are subject to change at any time). Soon there all the major opposition is vanquished, leaving only scattered resistance. Unsatisfied, Morbane turns his visions of conquest to Nature. One by one, the Legendaries being to fall, either killed or captured in Morbane's bid for total domination. With them gone, nothing can stand in the way of his dream.

Battered and beleaguered, the remaining Legends and the Pokemon that have united to defend themselves against humanity's onslaught gather on the slopes of Mt. Coronet. Many have lost hope; the ones that still dare to dream turn their eyes towards the heavens, searching for a sign from their god, Arceus, a hope of salvation to turn the tides of this war. Yet as the armies of the Rising Sun approach, it seems that no hope remains. Surrounded, the Legends and their followers prepare to make their last stand.

From the sky descends a trail of clouds. No sign from Arceus, rather, a nuclear missile, intended to wipe out the resisters once and for all. But as the missile detonates, a miracle: a shining white beam erupts from the tip of Mt. Coronet, followed by an enormous shockwave that shields the mountain from the explosion and flattens the human armies. It would seem that their prayers had been answered.

Then they came. From the endless void beyond the highest reaches of human or Pokemon imagination, they descended from the stars in numbers to blot out the sun. The Ara'kaiz launch a massive assault on every major population center in the Pokemon world, slaughter that did not discriminate between Pokemon or human. The Empire is torn to shreds by the sudden assault; what remains rallies around their Emperor as the outer provinces, left to fend for themselves, attempt to organize around former resistance movements. Every Pokemon that gazes upon the Ara'Kaiz are filled with terror, unable to move. This fear is different from that the humans experience upon seeing the enormous reapers. It is a darker, more primeval fear, instilled by instinct going back to the dawn of the world, a foreboding sense of apocalypse in every heartbeat.

Meanwhile, the Ara'kaiz themselves are confused and disoriented. They had come when summoned by Arceus's beacon, as they had in every cycle before. But instead of descending upon a verdant green planet filled with life and Pokemon roaming every inch of land, sky and sea, they found a world devastated by war and industry and pollution and death, filled with these strange new creatures called "humans" that had never existed in any cycle before. Little do the humans and Pokemon know, the initial ferocity of the Ara'kaiz assault cannot be sustained; they face a strong possibility of defeat if their enemies are given time to recover and reorganize.

Inspiration: Not really any particular source.

Where you need help: Fleshing out the storyline, especially with Morbane and the human resistance organizations, as well as with the state of the Pokemon.

Also, some things about the plot that I didn't find a place to include above: The Ara'kaiz serve a master they call Azkathon, the Lord of Hunger. And, so does Arceus. The cycle of death and rebirth is one that has been played out for untold ages; Arceus was created by Azkathon to seed and grow new worlds for the Ara'kaiz to reap once they had reached maturity, and deliver that energy to Azkathon. Pokemon fear the Ara'kaiz on an instinctual level so much because they have ended the world of Pokemon so many times before, even though none of them except Arceus even knows about the cycle. However, on this particular cycle, the conditions were right for a new race of beings to evolve: humanity. Thus, this RP turns the traditional "man vs Nature" aspect of many human-vs-Pokemon RPs on its head. Here, humans and their creations are the only natural thing of the world, and everything else is artificial. And only with humanity is there a chance for the cycle to be broken, and the Ara'kaiz defeated before the Lord of Hunger arrives.

For now, I'm thinking that RPers will RP as humans which will belong to one of three factions: the Empire, the resistance, or the cultists, some of whom have been absorbed by the Ara'kaiz and now worship the beings and started a cult about it.

So, pimp this RP Neo!

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."

Last edited by Lusankya; 02-08-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I really have nothing to add on top of the wall of text Neo posted :P

Anyway, here's an idea.

Title: Call of the Void
Fandom Basis: Pokemon-based, war and apocalypse junkies. (Creativity? What's that?)
Opening Plot:

It was inevitable really. Sooner or later, great, vulnerable power would be exploited. On the next pass of the Millennium Comet, a single madman grabbed hold of Jirachi and wished for the power to conquer the world.

Flash forward two decades. Nation after nation has fallen to the Empire of the Rising Sun. This new nation, led by the enigmatic Alexander Morbane (all names are subject to change at any time). Soon there all the major opposition is vanquished, leaving only scattered resistance. Unsatisfied, Morbane turns his visions of conquest to Nature. One by one, the Legendaries being to fall, either killed or captured in Morbane's bid for total domination. With them gone, nothing can stand in the way of his dream.

Battered and beleaguered, the remaining Legends and the Pokemon that have united to defend themselves against humanity's onslaught gather on the slopes of Mt. Coronet. Many have lost hope; the ones that still dare to dream turn their eyes towards the heavens, searching for a sign from their god, Arceus, a hope of salvation to turn the tides of this war. Yet as the armies of the Rising Sun approach, it seems that no hope remains. Surrounded, the Legends and their followers prepare to make their last stand.

From the sky descends a trail of clouds. No sign from Arceus, rather, a nuclear missile, intended to wipe out the resisters once and for all. But as the missile detonates, a miracle: a shining white beam erupts from the tip of Mt. Coronet, followed by an enormous shockwave that shields the mountain from the explosion and flattens the human armies. It would seem that their prayers had been answered.

Then they came. From the endless void beyond the highest reaches of human or Pokemon imagination, they descended from the stars in numbers to blot out the sun. The Ara'kaiz launch a massive assault on every major population center in the Pokemon world, slaughter that did not discriminate between Pokemon or human. The Empire is torn to shreds by the sudden assault; what remains rallies around their Emperor as the outer provinces, left to fend for themselves, attempt to organize around former resistance movements. Every Pokemon that gazes upon the Ara'Kaiz are filled with terror, unable to move. This fear is different from that the humans experience upon seeing the enormous reapers. It is a darker, more primeval fear, instilled by instinct going back to the dawn of the world, a foreboding sense of apocalypse in every heartbeat.

Meanwhile, the Ara'kaiz themselves are confused and disoriented. They had come when summoned by Arceus's beacon, as they had in every cycle before. But instead of descending upon a verdant green planet filled with life and Pokemon roaming every inch of land, sky and sea, they found a world devastated by war and industry and pollution and death, filled with these strange new creatures called "humans" that had never existed in any cycle before. Little do the humans and Pokemon know, the initial ferocity of the Ara'kaiz assault cannot be sustained; they face a strong possibility of defeat if their enemies are given time to recover and reorganize.

Inspiration: Not really any particular source.

Where you need help: Fleshing out the storyline, especially with Morbane and the human resistance organizations, as well as with the state of the Pokemon.

Also, some things about the plot that I didn't find a place to include above: The Ara'kaiz serve a master they call Azkathon, the Lord of Hunger. And, so does Arceus. The cycle of death and rebirth is one that has been played out for untold ages; Arceus was created by Azkathon to seed and grow new worlds for the Ara'kaiz to reap once they had reached maturity, and deliver that energy to Azkathon. Pokemon fear the Ara'kaiz on an instinctual level so much because they have ended the world of Pokemon so many times before, even though none of them except Arceus even knows about the cycle. However, on this particular cycle, the conditions were right for a new race of beings to evolve: humanity. Thus, this RP turns the traditional "man vs Nature" aspect of many human-vs-Pokemon RPs on its head. Here, humans and their creations are the only natural thing of the world, and everything else is artificial. And only with humanity is there a chance for the cycle to be broken, and the Ara'kaiz defeated before the Lord of Hunger arrives.

For now, I'm thinking that RPers will RP as humans which will belong to one of three factions: the Empire, the resistance, or the cultists, some of whom have been absorbed by the Ara'kaiz and now worship the beings and started a cult about it.

So, pimp this RP Neo!
*Points at last part of quote* Hahahahah!

*stops laughing* Ok, onward!

First thing's first: Would I play this? Err...Actually, it's a good plot, but I'm not an Armageddon-RPer. I've also got other stuff on my hands, and School too...Plus, although it's good for the RP, the whole "Pokemon=Pigs for slaughter" thing going on is...err...Again, not for me.

Now then, onto the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

First off, aside from tech, What kind of special stuff does the Empire have? What about the Resistance? What about the Cultists? What do the Ara'kaiz look like? What do they have up their sleeves? Is it possible to play as them? I want to know! Maybe the Cultists have got some voodoo magic stuff going on.

Second thing: Where is the battle taking place? Who has what ground? The locations must be known! Is the Underground taken into account? Are the Ranger Regions involved?

Finally, The name. It really doesn't matter to me THAT badly, but Call of the Void doesn't really go well. I can't really get around the name. Call of the Reaper, or something like that, might do the job.

As per everything else...Brilliant.

I'm Not Neo Pikachu!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Reol View Post
*Points at last part of quote* Hahahahah!

*stops laughing* Ok, onward!

First thing's first: Would I play this? Err...Actually, it's a good plot, but I'm not an Armageddon-RPer. I've also got other stuff on my hands, and School too...Plus, although it's good for the RP, the whole "Pokemon=Pigs for slaughter" thing going on is...err...Again, not for me.

Now then, onto the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

First off, aside from tech, What kind of special stuff does the Empire have? What about the Resistance? What about the Cultists? What do the Ara'kaiz look like? What do they have up their sleeves? Is it possible to play as them? I want to know! Maybe the Cultists have got some voodoo magic stuff going on.

Second thing: Where is the battle taking place? Who has what ground? The locations must be known! Is the Underground taken into account? Are the Ranger Regions involved?

Finally, The name. It really doesn't matter to me THAT badly, but Call of the Void doesn't really go well. I can't really get around the name. Call of the Reaper, or something like that, might do the job.

As per everything else...Brilliant.

I'm Not Neo Pikachu!
The Pokemon-for-slaughter thing isn't what it sounds like. The sight of the Ara'kaiz terrifies most Pokemon yes, but it doesn't actually leave them helpless. I'll change that in the final draft, it was mostly just poetic. While most of them would feel hopeless and think it pointless to try fighting, Pokemon that have trainers or that follow Legendaries would try and resist. Ultimately, I hope for the RP plot to focus on humanity and Pokemon working together to defeat the invaders, while the interior conflicts make that difficult.

Modern, or near-future technology mostly. No warmechs or stuff. The resistance fighters would be more basic technology. Also, I would imagine the cultists to have more arcane powers. Most of them are just plain old humans, but the ones who were absorbed could have telekineses or mind-control or eye lasers or something.

As for locations, I don't really know. The Empire would probably control the Kanto-Johto complex, and everywhere else is left up to the resistance groups. The Cultists could control Sinnoh, which I think will be Ground Zero for the Ara'Kaiz invasion. The Ara'Kaiz aren't too big fans of going underground either, so that could be used as an advantage. The Ara'Kaiz would just be spread out everywhere, since they're attacking everything at once. My idea is that their weapons steal the life-force from anyone they kill, which is stored and then given up to Azkathon when he arrives.

As for the Ara'Kaiz themselves... big alien things. Giant tripods, enormous flying centipede-like stuff, tentacles all over the place. Some smaller stuff too. In my mind I'm basing their general design off the Scrin from Command and Conquer 3. So like this. They might have their own command structure and individual personalities or be a giant hivemind, I haven't decided on that yet.

Arceus should also figure in the plot somehow, I'm not too sure.

If people express interest in RPing as Pokemon or as Ara'Kaiz, I'd be fine with that, but for now humans only.

As for the name, the Void refers to the nothingness from which the Azkathon, and thus Arceus and the Ara'Kaiz, emerge from. As far as humans and Pokemon are concerned, Azkathon is the personification of oblivion. The "Call" is then the return to nothingness, consumption by Azkathon. It's the call that every Pokemon and the world to which they belong to hear every cycle of death and rebirth, and to which they would normally find irresistible. But humanity can resist the call... or can they?

Oh yeah, I also need a way for humans and Pokemon to learn the stuff about the Ara'Kaiz and Azkathon. I'm thinking ancient prophecy, but the clicheness of that makes me wary. Any ideas?

EDIT: In hindsight, the Ara'Kaiz are inspired by the Scrin much more than I originally realized...

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 02-09-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Hmm... for realizing what the Ara'Kaiz are...

It's kind of hard for them to realize it if the world is restarted each time. So everyone kind of goes kablooey except for Arceus and the Ara'kaiz guys or whatever? Well... Perhaps Arceus tries to explain to the humans? Like he decides he's sick of bowing down to the Hunger Lord and figures that maybe humans can try to stop them. :P

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 02-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

That’s more like it!

Quote:
*is to lazy to quote*

I read that Genesect was a fossilized Pokemon brought back to life and then tampered with, with science, so it's like another Mewtwo only it's not cloning, it' more 'machine' based since it was given that freakin' gun on it's back. I'm thinking it would be easier to control than Mewtwo was.

Okay so...because it's now stuck in my head...I keep thinking of the Gray Brotherhood as the baddies [they make me think of the guys in the Temple of Shadows in Fable II and heretics, brotherhood just sounds better.] Scarlet Lance makes me think of a lance that turned it's colour because of massive bloodshed...just how it works out in my brain. I keep seeing Black Vertigo as the good guys, that's just how I understood it all the first time in my head. So it would be Grey B in the present trying to assemble the Omniplate and find Genesect, Black Vertigo from the future try to come and stop it from happening, Scarlet Lance also from the future attempts to stop BV, both get taken to the present after being split up along the way. Scarlet Lance finds the Grey B. they join their evil forces. Black Vertigo works in the unfamiliar present to try and save the world, such and such, away we go.
I checked and Genesect still doesn’t have PokéDex entries, but that’s alright. Even if what you read isn’t right (it could be, I don’t know), it still works great as a hypothetical anyway.

Gray Brotherhood works as the antagonists as well (I originally intended for Black Vertigo to be that, but that’s perfectly alright!), I was originally thinking they would be more like the protagonists, but it works in reverse as well. It could very well be that the Scarlet Lance is a very powerful and evil faction in the future, and right now, Black Vertigo’s only real chance at stopping them is to prevent them from existing in the first place. Black Vertigo could be the rebel faction of the future, and may actually be the good guys in this. In that case, if you want Black Vertigo to be more good-aligned, it would probably be better for them to try and stop the Scarlet Lance by not killing helpless children that will end up being Scarlet Lance’s leaders, but instead teach/train them not to become their evil selves of the future.

Quote:
That pretty much sums up the problem bit that makes the whole RP what is.

Cause of the problem being that the plates of Arceus were shattered, thus leading to soul damage for all Legendary Pokemon [more apparent in Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina] then an unseen anomaly in space and time [the time machine from the future] caused the four previously mentioned Legendary's to fall into a hibernation state due to their damaged souls. The now weakened other legends try to set all of the world into a hibernate slumber. Some heretics think Arceus abandoned them to die and form the Grey Brotherhood to try and replace Arceus with a much more controllable 'god' in modifying Genesect, by fusing fragments of the previous type plates into an Omniplate and keeping Arceus and the others asleep. In the magnificent world of time skipping, in the future, Scarlet Lance and Black Vertigo are in conflict over the current, grim situation of the world. The world is tearing itself apart, things are in massive chaos. Black Vertigo makes a machine to try and go back in time to stop the key event in history to prevent 'Omnisect' from ever existing. A first attempt results in failure as they were compromised and thus they damaged things further. Black Vertigo being adamant on changing the past, searches for the Celebi's help. [Yes I'm saying more than one, another Pokemon 4Ever thing but again, pX] In return for taking them back into the past, Black Vertigo members must give up the gift of death and time and part of their soul to support another legendary [not really an important bit but even having a weakened legendary on your side would give Black Vertigo an even edge against Scarlet Lance and Grey B.]

Then Black Vertigo gets sent into the present, but not until having a fight with Scarlet Lance before that. They both get sent into the present, Black Vertigo left with just themselves and the Plate Gear they brought, and the legendary Pokemon that they are supporting in return for time travel.

Thus the RP starts.
I actually like this plot a LOT more (reminds me a bit of the plot in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2, but that’s alright, there’s plenty of difference between this and that). But yeah, I like the idea of stopping the creation of Omnisect a lot more, and it could very well be that Gray Brotherhood today may become the Scarlet Lance of tomorrow.

I also like the kind of selfless sacrifice Black Vertigo members would have to make to try and change the future to be better. To me, it just seems more interesting and heroic, and the tying to a legendary is a good idea as well. In the future, you could also say that it was Omnisect’s goal to exterminate/enslave Arceus’s legendaries. In a deal between the Scarlet Lance and Omnisect, its possible that Omnisect would make legendaries out of Scarlet Lance’s elite members, and together they would dominate all life. Omnisect’s legendaries would heartlessly cruel, rule with fear, and would have power that would be impossible to challenge.

Because of this, the current legendaries have turned toward Black Vertigo, knowing the only way to destroy the Omnisect of the future is to stop it from ever existing. If Black Vertigo can’t stop the creation of Omnisect, they and Arceus’s legendaries are doomed to exist in a dark, malevolent future.

Quote:
Balancing between GB and SL versus BV:

Grey B. and SL
- Has tech supplied by Scarlet Lance to synthesize Omniplate, and knowledge of where some of the fragments are.
-Scarlet Lance has more knowledge of the present time because of 'owning' the history of the current time in the future.
-Scarlet Lance can use Grey B. as a cover to make sure their motives are met and founded. Can use knowledge of the future to convert others to their causeto strengthen their hold in the future.

Black Vertigo
-Removed from the presence of time, can move about Dimensia Zones without harm and protect others with Plate Gear
-Soul linked with a single legendary [not necessary of all Black Vertigo members but I see that people will wanna use them, obviously some are off limits]
I may add more...my brain is getting lost in birthdayness right now...Finer details and such in the actual presentation will be much better than this. I'm thinking of going with arcane tech for Black Vertigo for the Plate gear, and advance straight tech for Grey B. and Scarlet Lance. I'm gonna limit a few of the same types per plate gear, [Ex: only 3 or so people can have a plate gear of the same type] and each person only gets one. Scarlet Lance and Black Vertigo get immediate access in the beginning, being from the future, Grey B. can get it eventually. Though black Vertigo can start out with one legendary Pokemon, if the legendary dies, so does it's owner/trainer/person.

I think I've got everything pretty much done, just the balancing thing and making both sides appealing.[/QUOTE]

This is definitely a good layout, but I think one of the major things that need to be covered is what kind of potentials/abilities a Soul-linked Black Vertigo member would have. For example, if you have a Black Vertigo member soul-synced (I like that word, should use it again some time in the future) with Mew, would that make them psychic, would that give them some of Mew’s moves/abilities, or would that even allow them to transform into Mew (could be a lesser “disciple” version of the legendary, with only 75% of the stats of the legendary)?

Other question that probably would be good to ask is how Black Vertigo could go about restoring things to normal either before or after the situation with Genesect/Omnisect is dealt with. If time alone would heal the damage and the souls of Arceus, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, then Black Vertigo just needs to ensure they are protected until that happens, but if there’s something else that could be done to either speed up the healing or at least keep them protected until then, it would put another interesting dynamic on the RP as Black Vertigo would now have multiple mission objectives at once (giving those RPers more to concentrate on).

Without a doubt, it definitely looks like a really promising RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
Sorry! I... never really know what to say... Um. And I always sound like someone who doesn't have a clue about what they're talking about. Which is extremely accurate. *facepalms*

I don't know what to say about Sabby's RP (read- too lazy to read the entire conversation), but I'll try to crit the next one. ^^'
It’s a pretty good read though.

Don’t be shy, everyone has valuable insight to offer.