Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy
Default Things You Hate in Music

Be they something major you hate about it or some small, near-pointless thing that annoys you to no end, let off some steam here.

Biggest one for me is people who have their chorus far longer than the verses themselves, or only have twenty second verses and then lots of cuts to the chorus. I'm specifically looking at Roll Deep, who does both... and anybody else who does it.

Also, personal opinion is that Autotune does have its uses for some genres, but it does not belong in pop in the slightest, as pop should showcase vocal talent rather than voice editting to fame; and there needs to be a damn good rap for it to be pulled off in that genre, otherwise just get a good vocalist for the chorus/bridge. A collab isn't that hard. Autotune does have its uses in stuff like, say, most techno genres, so I'm not completely against it.

Stardy = awesome

Last edited by Stardy; 01-04-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: LOTS OF COMMAS
Old 02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Default Re: Things You Hate in Music

The lyrics is most rap songs are just utter crap.

They don't even make any sense most of the time.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Doodlebop Offline

I'm going to have to agree with Chaos Control.

Um.... Well.... It's really annoying when people swear in song, especially when there's no need. And usually there isn't. :P

Also, this isn't really music's fault, but you know those guys who play like rap/hip-hop music reeeeaaaallly loudly with the base turned waaaaaay up with the windows rolled down on their car? It's so annoying. >(

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 02-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Team Razor Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Chaos Control.

Um.... Well.... It's really annoying when people swear in song, especially when there's no need. And usually there isn't. :P

Also, this isn't really music's fault, but you know those guys who play like rap/hip-hop music reeeeaaaallly loudly with the base turned waaaaaay up with the windows rolled down on their car? It's so annoying. >(
Don't remind me, please. A while ago I was having a movie night at my friends house, and then there wass like ten of these morons and their cars who was dragracing on the street. I was sooo annoyed :(

I'm back for real this time(I think).

Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
Yeah!! So I did that... except for I was blasting Megadeath... in Compton (da hoooood).
My, did I get a lot of stares O-O
But sometimes I hate pig-squeals, which is strange considering that German deathcore is in my top three for favorite genres :/
Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardy View Post
Autotune does have its uses for some genres, but it does not belong in pop in the slightest, as pop should showcase vocal talent rather than voice editting to fame
i agree and disagree. some pop songs, not necessarily only american music, have a techno-like sound in which autotune is alright. but in no way should autotune take up any more than 1/5 of a song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardy View Post
Autotune does have its uses in stuff like, say, most techno genres, so I'm not completely against it.
but then again, when has techno ever included that many vocals. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Control View Post
The lyrics is most rap songs are just utter crap.

They don't even make any sense most of the time.
You're listening to the wrong kind of rap/most of mainstream rap. Underground or early rappers are much better.

---

insert shite that pisses me off about music/will edit with things later

|thedynamicduo|

Last edited by Operative; 02-06-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Hoshika Offline

I don't like most hardstyle, especially this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZzA1tmu-_U

I also don't like when people put LASERS PEW PEW in their songs
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
I don't like most hardstyle, especially this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZzA1tmu-_U

I also don't like when people put LASERS PEW PEW in their songs
Oh wow, I actually like it. XD lol @ pew pew

And I don't like songs where voices are autotuned, shows lack of talent in that department.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
Oh wow, I actually like it. XD lol @ pew pew

And I don't like songs where voices are autotuned, shows lack of talent in that department.
I agree, like, um, what's her face? Keesha? idk, and I'm too lazy to Google it xD
Old 02-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Hoshika Offline

Autotune is only good if it makes sense in the song

i.e. T-Pain lol
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

I tend to get annoyed about people's attitudes towards music more than things IN music. I've been heckled a couple of times- though admittedly the last one was only 'IT'S WAYNE'S WORLD, WAYNE'S WORLD' being shouted at me- but my good friend lives in a town that's severely horrendous in terms of acceptance, and as he has long hair and a denim jacket, other teenagers actually spit at him.

I'm having to think hard about actual things I hate, as I listen to NOTHING I dislike. If the radio is on, my headphones will be on, simple as that. However I've just thought of one thing... you know that thing that every song played on the radio now has? It's like a rhythm that sounds like a clap. Like boom-clap-boom-clap. EVERY SONG HAS IT. IT'S SO CONFUSING.

Autotuning is also very annoying and warbly (ooOoOaaHAhahaahAHahooOoooOoOoooguuuuurrrlll), though it's fun to try to imagine what the singer ACTUALLY sounds like. :P People are apparently very quick to settle with **** stuff nowadays.

I think Rap irritates me because the stuff I hear is just a constant onslaught of words. I literally end up saying 'oh my god, turn it off!' because it makes me grind my teeth. Saying that, it's the same for very long guitar solos that are completely mental. An example of that is here, at the start of the song, although I absolutely adore that band. The intro is, admittedly, dreadful. The rest of the song is great. ♥

Old 02-06-2011, 05:33 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

I can't stand cheesy folk influences in metal.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I also hate excessive swearing in songs. To me, swear words have lost a lot of their "shock value," and nowadays you hear them so often that they're meaningless. If they're occasionally used with reason and meaning to express frustration and anger, then its understandable, but if they're dropping the F bomb constantly in a song for no bloody reason, I just want to shut it off. I'd rather hear a baby whining.

On another note, I listen to a lot of techno/trance, and one of the things that's a major turnoff for me with that genre are the loud, high-pitched, squeaky synthesizer sounds they sometimes use for some of those songs. I also hate techno songs that seem to take FOREVER to get going and hit that "climax" where the tempo shoots up and really gets the pace of the song moving (I prefer fast-paced songs to begin with, but I have patience for songs that have a brief "warm up" period). And yes, there are many techno songs that never even get to that point, and just seem to be a slow and endless repetition of repeated beats and subtle sounds.

Also, I would like to know where and how slapping anime pictures on techno and trance songs for YouTube song videos got started. I don't hate it, but you see it everywhere. :P

Old 02-06-2011, 06:32 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
..."climax"...
Say climax again.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

I can't stand most metal and screaming.

Other than that nothing really bugs me (except willow smith but that's a different story)