Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Pokomum Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Anyone hate Arceus like I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
I think she is saying that it takes all the fun out of actually collecting the Pokemon.
Yes. You are bang on. For me, if the pokemon are copies it is just not the same. I have a pre-owned platinum game full of hacked shiny's that I inherited from GAME. I am still working out what to do with it. It includes a 'Hall of origin Archeus' but its Hacked, for me its useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
Well I can give you the original. I usually clone all of mine when I give them away so we both keep a copy but you can have the "original". However I should say that there isn't anything wrong with cloning. It's as simple as copying and pasting. If I said "Hi how are you?" and then copied and pasted like this: Ctrl+C --> Ctrl+v --> "Hi how are you?" It's the exact same correct? When you clone a pokemon you are just copying and pasting it's data. There is no difference in either pokemon.
You have no idea how much I appreciate your kind offer but I would feel really guilty taking your original. I will VM you as I feel I am taking this thread off topic now.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
I think she is saying that it takes all the fun out of actually collecting the Pokemon.
Not really because you're helping someone out and you both walk away without having to lose anything. Why would you sit there and go oh you can clone my precious pokemon and you have the last one I need for my collection but I won't trade for it because I don't want to have a clone or lose my precious pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
I believe you never received this event Pokemon via Toy's R Us. The Arceus in this event STARTS AT LV 100! As in YOU CAN'T EV TRAIN HIM! The best you can do is feed him vitamins until it no longer allows you to. And no, not all legit Arceus' are lv. 100. If you get the flute and go to Mt. Coronet, the Arceus you face is Lv. 80. That is the Arceus I use for online competition, but even then I'll take Mewtwo over Arceus any day of the millenium.
Yes I did recieve my events myself at Lv. 100 I said that already that they came at Lv. 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
...All Legit Arceus's were Lv. 100...
And you CAN EV train a Lv. 100 pokemon. It's just a pain in the ass and harder. For every so EV points you have to take said pokemon and place it into the PC and it's stats get recalculated the same way placing a fainted or close to fainting pokemon into the PC heals it. By doing this it IS possible to EV train a Lv. 100 pokemon. Also Azure Flutes weren't taken into consideration for this because they aren't even Legit. You have to hack an Azure Flute into the game just to get him. That would constitute him as Hacked. So yeah doesn't count.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |

Last edited by Tsujin; 03-02-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Courtesy of Bulbapedia Arceus (Japanese: アルセウス Arceus) is a Normal-type legendary Pokémon. However, its type will change when it is holding one of sixteen items known as plates and can in reality be any type.

Like Darkrai and Shaymin before it, Arceus was not officially recognized by Nintendo until February 2009, the year of its debut movie. It was later revealed by the official site on August 3rd, 2009.

Arceus is also known as "The Original One," as it is said that it created Sinnoh, and possibly the entire Pokémon universe, along with the lake guardians and creation trio. Arceus can only be found in the wild legitimately with the Azure Flute, which has not yet been distributed officially and can currently only be obtained by cheating. However, Arceus itself was distributed via multiple Nintendo events in 2009 and 2010.

in Pokomum's case i see where you're going and i hope you get to Legitly catchem all

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Yes. You are bang on. For me, if the pokemon are copies it is just not the same. I have a pre-owned platinum game full of hacked shiny's that I inherited from GAME. I am still working out what to do with it. It includes a 'Hall of origin Archeus' but its Hacked, for me its useless.
I understand the feeling, if I had to pick between not having a legend and having a hacked one I would much rather just go without...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

What's not to like about this Pokemon? The only reason you hate him is because he is too strong...

I think he is Awesome. I really like the fact he can be almost anything you want, however I still think I'd go for a Normal version. Extremespeed AND Judgment with STAB... ouch!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

My Arceus set is as follows:
Arceus@Steel Plate
-Extremespeed
-Shadow Force
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake

...u mad?
I like the versatility of Arceus. But being Arceus, I wouldn't use 'im seriously in any kind of competitive match. But he's a pretty cool guy.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:04 AM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via MSN to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via Yahoo to The Elite Ygseto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKING View Post
What's not to like about this Pokemon? The only reason you hate him is because he is too strong...

I think he is Awesome. I really like the fact he can be almost anything you want, however I still think I'd go for a Normal version. Extremespeed AND Judgment with STAB... ouch!
The only reason I wouldn't use normal type with him is that you can hit nothing for super effect damage, and thats one of the beauties of having that multi type ability, he can fill a hole in your team that you need. Extremespeed without the stab is still a great move going off of his base 120 Atk.

I think I would personally like to use a grass type with him, no reason but the fact that using a grass judgement would be cool to me. Hahaha.

Also, to the people who don't have a legit Arcues i'll be happy to give you one. Mine is from the Japanese movie release. Just shoot me a PM and I'll trade you one :)

My Trading Shop
White Friend Code: 0819-3051-3379
White Pokedex Obtained: 151(U)/442(N)

Pokemon I've Recently Breed, PM for trades
- Zorua w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Naive
- Deino w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Modest
- Panpour w/ Nasty Plot, Random Natures
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Not really because you're helping someone out and you both walk away without having to lose anything. Why would you sit there and go oh you can clone my precious pokemon and you have the last one I need for my collection but I won't trade for it because I don't want to have a clone or lose my precious pokemon.
No offense, but this makes no sense. Pokomum had just said that what I said was what she thought. You are telling me that it isn't what she thinks.

That is like making a scientific hypothesis. You shouldn't really write, "I think" before your hypothesis, because the hypothesis isn't about what you think, it is about what will happen in your prediction. However, that analogy is a little useless, but it gets the point across.

You have no argument to make because what I said was true, and you are trying to write out what she thinks.

-Long live Negima.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 03-03-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
No offense, but this makes no sense. Pokomum had just said that what I said was what she thought. You are telling me that it isn't what she thinks.

That is like making a scientific hypothesis. You shouldn't really write, "I think" before your hypothesis, because the hypothesis isn't about what you think, it is about what will happen in your prediction. However, that analogy is a little useless, but it gets the point across.

You have no argument to make because what I said was true, and you are trying to write out what she thinks.
Wrong. You're jumping to conclusions. I never said that what I wrote had anything to do with what she thought. It's called disagreement. I said that cloning doesn't really take the fun out of collecting Pokemon. Now if you wish to continue this you can VM or PM me because this is entirely off topic from the thread.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

im glad to have my Global Link Arceus thats all

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Altrius Offline

Ive never liked using legendaries in games. I have a few legendaries I think are pretty damn cool looking, but they're usually the 'weaker' legendaries. In my honest opinion, I think Arceus looks stupid. Never liked the artwork, and never liked the english dub voice.

Still, if people wanna use them so they can power they're way to win and boast about how big their e-peen is, im not going to stop them. I'll just smile to myself and think how insecure they must be to thrash somebody with a pokemon they probably dont even like. I prefer to win with my favorites anyways. You know. 'Weak' normal pokemon.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:38 AM
All-Star Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to All-Star Send a message via Yahoo to All-Star

Yea, I don't like to use Pokemon I don't like either.

Something like Arcanine or Charizard is always in my team.

I might start using Zekrom, though. He looks really cool. I actually like him.

Oh, I hate Arceus, too.

|URPG|

Old 03-09-2011, 03:25 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Here's my theory:
If Arceus is on your team, you fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff it.
If Arceus is on your opponet's team you ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff it.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:52 PM
hazzaboy Offline

i like arceus as well its legendary and looks cool but having a team of legendaries is just a waste of time come on its not fair against the other team with none or olny a few but if you have a team of ledgenaries its fine!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Quiet Camerupt Offline

I've always hated Arceus. But not because of his stats, not because of his ability to become any type, not because of his thousands of possible practical movesets, nor even because many others might revere it. No, I hate Arceus because of his design. To me, his design is absolute garbage, makes no sense, and is just overall really annoying to look at. If they were to make a pokemon god, able to become any type via held item, I think they could have created something much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post
In my honest opinion, I think Arceus looks stupid. Never liked the artwork, and never liked the english dub voice.
This.

My Completed Leafgreen Nuzlocke Run:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...67#post3292767

Last edited by Quiet Camerupt; 05-11-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Closed Thread