Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: [SC2] Dominion of Psionic Swarms

How can you possibly say that, when you have not played me yourself? I play Starcraft II for fun, and played Starcraft: Brood War competitively. Honestly, I think I'd know what I am talking about too.

A player that specializes in macro naturally does not have the same microing skills as someone who specializes in micro. What is so hard to understand? Am I speaking in Farsi?

And is it even possible for Masami to talk without having to dispute everything?

- Long live Negima!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Guys, it's seriously not worth arguing over a game. Just stop provoking each other, please.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioo View Post
Guys, it's seriously not worth arguing over a game. Just stop provoking each other, please.
I do not see how I am provoking him. I have not insulted him directly, but yet he still persists. What is disputable about what I have stated in my previous post? I have no idea.

- Long live Negima!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Archons use Psi Storm, and are powerful anti air units.

And Lucario, he had said in a previous post that that is all he did. Simply massed an army, send them to his base, and let it kill it.

I would also like to point out that Starcraft II is an arguable subject, since it requires strategy (strategy is debatable is it not?). Point is, we both have points and we are trying to prove them, simple as that =D

- Long live Negima!
Archons cannot use psi storm.

They do splash damage against air units but aren't that powerful against anything but bio units. Really they are just meat shields when your HTs run out of energy. Possibly the coolest unit but it is really underpowered.

Quote:
A player that specializes in macro naturally does not have the same microing skills as someone who specializes in micro.
Don't make generalizations. Micro is as its name sake says a very SMALL part of the game. Micro is micromanaging. As a zerg player they have to micro AND macro at the same time with a great amount of proficiency matching if not passing most other micro players. Macro players are more well rounded than micro intensive players. Look at EGmachine, he micros and macros and he is a macro player and beats other micro players because his micro prevents him from losing in the early game (or the other player is dumb enough to let him get going).

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Lightning Pikachu Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via AIM to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via MSN to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Yahoo to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Skype™ to Lightning Pikachu

Quote:
How can you possibly say that, when you have not played me yourself? I play Starcraft II for fun, and played Starcraft: Brood War competitively. Honestly, I think I'd know what I am talking about too.

A player that specializes in macro naturally does not have the same microing skills as someone who specializes in micro. What is so hard to understand? Am I speaking in Farsi?

And is it even possible for Masami to talk without having to dispute everything?

- Long live Negima!
Because of all the rubish you spout out when you talk, thats how I know Im better than you, frankly I don't care.

And no it isn't possible for MASAMI to talk without disputing, especially with you. (Just through I'd highlight your point).

And yes, because Im a macro player, all that means is that I enjoy longer games and play much better in longer games, it doesnt mean I can't micro LOL Micro is much easier than macro in my opinion, and I can do both to a very satisfactory standard.
If you'd like to play against me, I'll happily play you.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:15 AM

If one specializes in micro, one can destroy an entire base with just a few, a minute number of cloaked Banshees, or 3 DTs. A person who specializes in macro masses an army to destroy the base.

Yes, Masami, I will refer to your previous name. It is your opinion that I "spout" out "garbage" when I speak. Quite frankly, if you do not care so much, why do you bother putting forth the effort to argue with me in the first place? You have no grounds for an argument, and if we placed you in front of a wall, you could argue with that too.

Point is, knock it off. There is only so much I can take, and that right there is enough. Oh, and double posting is against forum policy, don't do it again.

Enough, if you want to continue this argument, stop using this thread for it. PM me so I can read it, disregard it, and so people can get on with having CIVILIZED conversations about SCII.

- Long live Negima!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:18 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via AIM to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via MSN to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Yahoo to Lightning Pikachu Send a message via Skype™ to Lightning Pikachu

Quote:
If one specializes in micro, one can destroy an entire base with just a few, a minute number of cloaked Banshees, or 3 DTs. A person who specializes in macro masses an army to destroy the base.

Yes, Masami, I will refer to your previous name. It is your opinion that I "spout" out "garbage" when I speak. Quite frankly, if you do not care so much, why do you bother putting forth the effort to argue with me in the first place? You have no grounds for an argument, and if we placed you in front of a wall, you could argue with that too.

Point is, knock it off. There is only so much I can take, and that right there is enough. Oh, and double posting is against forum policy, don't do it again.

Enough, if you want to continue this argument, stop using this thread for it. PM me so I can read it, disregard it, and so people can get on with having CIVILIZED conversations about SCII.

- Long live Negima!
You dont need micro to use either DTs or Banshees, thats not hard micro what so ever.
I do not care that you refer to my previous name, everyone here knows its me, because I keep posting my starcraft name, which on the front page is listed under Masami.
And you've just spoken garbage when you speak by saying DTs require micro.

Also, You started the argument by suggesting I couldn't micro with the most ridiculous reasoning ever.

Also, you'll notice how everyone here has told YOU to stop arguing? Thats because they have the maturity to release you're the one who started it, and hence if you want to 'insult my play', atleast have a legitimate reason to back it up.

DTs and Banshees....I lol'd.

EDIT: For the sake of sanity, I'll post a normal post too.

Okay so I did preety well yesterday just playing games, My ZvP is quite insane right now (beating masters in customs), My ZvT is OKAY :/ (Only beat 1 masters out of like 3), and My ZvZ is awful (I can match up to diamonds in the macro ZvZs easy, but its the early game that I hate, I either build too many drones, or dont build enough drones, I need someone to practice with).

VoidCollosi is kinda comming in big for protoss since Idra and Artosis did their imbalanced show, but thankfully the direct counter is to stop them taking their 3rd, which can be done quite easily on most of the map pool. Some other maps however, arent so easy.

Last edited by Lightning Pikachu; 03-12-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:31 AM

I normally keep a steady trickle of drones on the mineral field throughout the whole game. I just use half the larva for drones and half for military and attacking units. Though, it probably would not work on a smaller map with a much smaller rushing distance. I like the new GSL maps, they so work for macro, it is not even funny. I mean, I can easily get out my natural expo before I even think about making the Spawning Pool.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I normally keep a steady trickle of drones on the mineral field throughout the whole game. I just use half the larva for drones and half for military and attacking units. Though, it probably would not work on a smaller map with a much smaller rushing distance. I like the new GSL maps, they so work for macro, it is not even funny. I mean, I can easily get out my natural expo before I even think about making the Spawning Pool.
Only a couple of tournaments are using the GSL maps, so practicing on them won't help competitive play much right now.

You should quickly saturate 2 bases with spotter units and constant scouting, then spam units up until 70-100 supply, grab a 3rd, saturdate that, go for the 200/200 army then mass expand, depending in the game type.
I get 2 evo chambers on 6th gas in standard, but I sometimes get a very early evo chamber if a suspect a 6GW or a 2 Collo / 1 base timing push.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:39 AM

I beat my enemy with one Colossus and a lot of micro =D

Zerg, never had an amazing win with micro. Normally I rush a ton of Roaches or Hydras, depending on the dude's build.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I beat my enemy with one Colossus and a lot of micro =D

Zerg, never had an amazing win with micro. Normally I rush a ton of Roaches or Hydras, depending on the dude's build.
The key to ZvP late game is positioning.
The zerg gets good positioning he wins.
Bad positioning he looses.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

The six pool rush doesn't require micro eh?

Drops from overlords don't require micro?

Infestors don't require micro?

Some of the most powerful zerg strategies require micro TA. Please stop making generalizations.

Anyway I have a fear that I'm getting rusty right when I'm starting to actually have good games. I want out of bronze league because I'm so tired of cheese the MMM ball. I know for sure I could win more games if I played terran but there would be no fun in me playing on easy mode in my opinion. No offense to the terran players. My PvT is horrible unless I can get my HTs to work. PvZ I'm starting to like phoenix harassment because it forces my opponent to got exactly where I want them to go (roach hydra or all hydra) and keeps overlords away from the rest of the map. Plus if I dump a little money in them early they become very useful for mineral line harassment later. PvP I'm ok but not great.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Hey guys, Starcraft 2 is an awesome game, huh? Has anyone managed to nuke a base like 10 times at once? Lol that'd be so sick!

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
[The Cycle: Battle Kanto]
Old 03-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Long analysis of Kaioo on lava flow (4v4, 1player):

The opening was really sloppy. Box your 6 scv's and right-click on 1 patch. They'll spread themselves out by themselves. If you want to be fancier, split them by boxing all 6, blick a patch, then click on 3 and select another patch. This is a bit more intensive in micro for a 1-2 mineral lead (i.e. not that big of a deal).

Make SCV's all the time every time. The more SCV's you have, the better your economy, the more units you can make. You Command center should be rallied to a mineral patch (right click onto a mineral patch when you've selected a command center). Practice this early and you'll find yourself doing a lot better against the normal computer.

SCVs that build things will do whatever your next command for it is. A very common tactic is to right click onto a mineral patch after the scv starts building. After the SCV finishes, it'll automatically start mining.

Orbital commands should always be used for MULEs unless you are supply locked. MULEs give you 270 extra minerals over the course of its life. Supply call down gives you 100 up front. If you're panning on playing in the longer term, MULE all the time every time.

Unit building structures should always be building things. If you're not building things, you're just getting a bunch of minerals and gas for no real reason other than hording it. Make buildings work themselves without trying to queue too much. This should be your next priority. after getting the foundations.

Hotkeying:
I like to hotkey my command centers 4 (ctrl 4 when you've selected the command center), barracks 5, factories 6, and starports 7. This way I can easily retrieve them when I need them. Always be checking up on them so you're building things.

We can discuss the finer points of strategy like expanding, compositions, etc. later once you have more understanding of the basics of the game. I see that you tried to do some fancy stuff (drops), but I think you shouldn't be thinking about these things until you're better at your mechanics.

APM:
Your APM is like around 20. That's perfectly fine. As you play you naturally get more APM until you hit a "plateau" where just playing casually won't make it better. I think for most people it's around 40-60 APM, which is plenty enough.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Long analysis of Kaioo on lava flow (4v4, 1player):

The opening was really sloppy. Box your 6 scv's and right-click on 1 patch. They'll spread themselves out by themselves. If you want to be fancier, split them by boxing all 6, blick a patch, then click on 3 and select another patch. This is a bit more intensive in micro for a 1-2 mineral lead (i.e. not that big of a deal).

Make SCV's all the time every time. The more SCV's you have, the better your economy, the more units you can make. You Command center should be rallied to a mineral patch (right click onto a mineral patch when you've selected a command center). Practice this early and you'll find yourself doing a lot better against the normal computer.

SCVs that build things will do whatever your next command for it is. A very common tactic is to right click onto a mineral patch after the scv starts building. After the SCV finishes, it'll automatically start mining.

Orbital commands should always be used for MULEs unless you are supply locked. MULEs give you 270 extra minerals over the course of its life. Supply call down gives you 100 up front. If you're panning on playing in the longer term, MULE all the time every time.

Unit building structures should always be building things. If you're not building things, you're just getting a bunch of minerals and gas for no real reason other than hording it. Make buildings work themselves without trying to queue too much. This should be your next priority. after getting the foundations.

Hotkeying:
I like to hotkey my command centers 4 (ctrl 4 when you've selected the command center), barracks 5, factories 6, and starports 7. This way I can easily retrieve them when I need them. Always be checking up on them so you're building things.

We can discuss the finer points of strategy like expanding, compositions, etc. later once you have more understanding of the basics of the game. I see that you tried to do some fancy stuff (drops), but I think you shouldn't be thinking about these things until you're better at your mechanics.

APM:
Your APM is like around 20. That's perfectly fine. As you play you naturally get more APM until you hit a "plateau" where just playing casually won't make it better. I think for most people it's around 40-60 APM, which is plenty enough.
Yes, MULES are key. In all honestly, calling down supplies is a waste of energy. ALWAYS use MULES unless you need to scan for an emergency or to check up on what builds your opponents are going with.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
[The Cycle: Battle Kanto]