Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 PM
death_metal_lawn_gnome Offline

Send a message via MSN to death_metal_lawn_gnome
Default hidden power

so i went to the guy next to game corner and he told me all the hidden power moves i could get for my party, im using

hidden power would be
togekiss-lvl 52 [ability-hustle]{nature-timid} (dragon)
drimblim-lvl 47 [aftermath] {calm} (poison)
scizor-lvl 50 [technician] {rash} (steel)
garchomp-lvl 52[sand viel] {hardy} (psychic)
steelix- lvl 48 [sturdy] {careful} (psychic)
kindra-lvl 48 [sniper] {bashful} (ghost)

should i use my hidden power tm on any of these guys, there movesets are

togekiss-aerial ace/yawn/extrasensory/last resort
drifblim-thunder/ominous wind/baton pass/shadowball
scizor-u-turn/night slash/x-scissor/metal claw
garchomp-crunch/dragon claw/shadow claw/dig
steelix-iron tail/crunch/slam/ice fang
kingdra-surf/smokescreen/dragon dance/hydro pump
Old 02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: hidden power

Hidden Power is a special move. Therefore, logically Scizor, Garchomp and Steelix are no good choices for Hidden Power. I think it would be allright for Togekiss to use instead of Last Resort. However, Dragon moves only hit Dragon pokemon supereffective so using it for type coverage isn't really an argument. Togekiss has plenty of better options (Flamethrower, for example).

Drifblim uses 2 Ghost moves which is really useless, so I'd suggest swapping Ominous Wind for Hidding Power Poison.

Your Kingdra moveset doesn't make any sense to me at all. Why use Dragon Dance, when you only use special attacks? And why use Surf and Hydro Pump at the same time? I'd suggest something like: Dragon Dance, W-A-T-E-R-F-A-L-L, Surf and Outrage. The combination of Waterfall and Surf is really good since Kingdra now is able to take on both special and fysicals. Outrage is recommend for STAB and also likes the Dragon Dance bonus. Hidden Power Ghost is considerable, however The great thing about Kingdra is that is such a versatile pokemon and has the stats to be a mixed sweeper!

Your team looks strong and has lots of different types and moves, which is nice :) Good luck to you.

Draking
Old 02-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Tsujin Offline

If you're playing In-Game and you just want to use it then go for it. If you're planning on battling friends or other people online then no. None of these give you a competative advantage on these specific pokemon to cover their weaknesses or offer coverage.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 AM

thank you both. some good info there. i think i will ditch drifblims ominous wind for hidden power. and switch to waterfall as well. what besides flamethrower for togekiss are there any moves you would possibly add?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_metal_lawn_gnome View Post
togekiss-aerial ace/yawn/extrasensory/last resort
Togekiss' base Attack is A LOT lower than his base Special Attack (50 < 120). Also his nature is Timid which means even less Attack. Taking both factors into consideration, Aerial Ace is no option and should be swapped for Air Slash (75 power, 95 acc, 30% chance of flinching). Note how this becomes 60% with his ability, which is really awesome. Air Slash can only be obtained by using a Heart Scale at the Move Tutor house in Blackthorn City.

Speaking of Heart Scales... Togekiss can learn Aura Sphere by using a Heart Scale. Since Aura Sphere is one of the best moves in the game if you ask me, doing so goes without saying. Heart Scales can easily be obtained by catching Luvdisc at a Mass Outbreak or smashing some rocks. Switch it for Yawn. Togekiss is not a good pokemon for Yawn.

Third, Extrasensory can be swapped for Psychic at the cost of using a rare TM (you can get it at Saffron, Mr Psychic's house). However, Flamethrower, Roost, Thunder Wave, Grass Knot, Water Pulse, Nasty Plot are also all very good options for togekiss. Remember that 4 attack moves isn't always the best option. You have to have some kind of answer to set-up pokemon, status problems and other difficult situations.

Last, if you want some raw power on Togekiss, consider Hyper Beam. This move offers a wopping 225 base power (with STAB) which enables many, many KO's. I remember the first time I took my Togekiss to Lance, he 1HKO'd Dragonite with Hyper Beam at lvl 60. Now that's a much better "last resort"

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Draking
Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Oh, thought you might liked this:

Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 AM

thanks draking. i will most likely take this advice!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 AM
henrykipson Offline
New Trainer

Hey...Thanks for sharing this thread with us.Please anyone can recommend me website from where i get cool and amazing skins.

nintendo dsi xl skin cover
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 AM
pwnsomeandrew Offline

jessus what is with the spam bots as of later

Youtube Channel
Wi-Fi Battles: 5-0
Closed Thread