Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Disco Offline

Default Re: Child being bullied snaps.

Hats off to the kid.

I'm a pacifist- I despise fighting, and a lot of situations in which I could've fought back, I didn't. But I did learn that sometimes, it is what needs to be done.

I was bullied for being fat before, and for being pansexual. In the bathroom, one girl pulled down her pants and attempted to rub herself against my face, talking about how I was only pansexual because I was jealous of what I was never going to be. I punched her in the face, and I was almost faced with suspension- they only dropped it because of my furious crying, and instead took me to a social worker, where I was supposed to 'talk about my issues'.

Do I regret punching her in the face? No. Did my parents beat me around? Never. But they taught me to never let anyone lay a hand on me, and invade my personal space. If I did come home with suspension, my parents would've applauded me, and they would've fought back against the school. And if this happened to my siblings, I would applaud them. We've raised them well enough for them to know that violence is not the answer for provocation, but if it's for self-defense, so be it.

Nevertheless, now I'm terrified to express my sexuality. I don't want to go through it again. I'm only able to talk about it online because, let's be honest, nobody can catch me.

Do you see what bullying does? It suppresses parts of your identity in which aren't 'good enough' for society. Imagine all the bullcrap he went through, and listen to that, he contemplated suicide. Suicide is cowardry, but sometimes that's all you can think about, as if there's no other choice.

To be suspended because of self-defense? Bull. Pure bull.

Welcome to the world of respect, Casey. You deserve every bit of it.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Puh-tree-cee-oh Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Hats off to the kid.

I'm a pacifist- I despise fighting, and a lot of situations in which I could've fought back, I didn't. But I did learn that sometimes, it is what needs to be done.

I was bullied for being fat before, and for being pansexual. In the bathroom, one girl pulled down her pants and attempted to rub herself against my face, talking about how I was only pansexual because I was jealous of what I was never going to be. I punched her in the face, and I was almost faced with suspension- they only dropped it because of my furious crying, and instead took me to a social worker, where I was supposed to 'talk about my issues'.

Do I regret punching her in the face? No. Did my parents beat me around? Never. But they taught me to never let anyone lay a hand on me, and invade my personal space. If I did come home with suspension, my parents would've applauded me, and they would've fought back against the school. And if this happened to my siblings, I would applaud them. We've raised them well enough for them to know that violence is not the answer for provocation, but if it's for self-defense, so be it.

Nevertheless, now I'm terrified to express my sexuality. I don't want to go through it again. I'm only able to talk about it online because, let's be honest, nobody can catch me.

Do you see what bullying does? It suppresses parts of your identity in which aren't 'good enough' for society. Imagine all the bullcrap he went through, and listen to that, he contemplated suicide. Suicide is cowardry, but sometimes that's all you can think about, as if there's no other choice.

To be suspended because of self-defense? Bull. Pure bull.

Welcome to the world of respect, Casey. You deserve every bit of it.
Don't take this in any form of offense (it's just my ignorance) but what is pansexual?

Off topic: I see you're from good ole' Massachusetts, what part? ;D

IGN: Patrick FC: 1849 4621 3425
Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I don't condone bullying, but the idiot bully should have at least not picked on someone that could pick him up and toss him across the room.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 03-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I have been studying this case for the past few days and I have this information
The gentle giant who snapped (Casey Heynes) got suspended for 4 days
The bully (Richard Gale) started te fight because the kid who went after casey at the end of the video told him to. Richard was suspended for 21 days, and his parents are sueing casey and the school. Richards mum is demanding n apology, saying that she always taught her kids to "stay away from fights" lol

anyway my view on this is that Casey had every right to fight back and he did the right thing. he went a little overboard, but he did the right thing and shouldnt have been suspended. I dont thing richard will be bullying anyone else soon.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me