Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default [IA] The Day Dies With You

Only rule is only two decision requests will be taken at one time, first come first serve.

"Officer down! Officer down on Franklin Avenue! Backup requested! Someone get their ass over here and help me, god dammit!"

You wake up and come to consciousness, remembering those were the last words you heard before everything went black. You realize you’re sitting in the driver’s seat of a police car, with the lights flashing. For some stupid reason, it feels like you suddenly forgot who you were, but as you look at yourself and see you’re dressed in a police uniform, you feel stupid. You’re a cop, and something like all hell on earth is going down. Good lord, how did you forget something so damn basic as that?

The radio has gone quiet now, and rain continues to lightly hammer upon the windshield, covering it with a tiny river. The streets ahead are dark, the other parked cars off to the sides of the road look like they’ve been stuck there for days, and you don’t see a single soul walking around. You check your watch, and you see its 5:49 PM, but you have no idea how long it’s been since you were awake. All the while, you can’t help but think to yourself.

“How the hell did I fall asleep after hearing that!?”

It doesn’t matter. You don’t know how long it’s been since it happened either. It could have only been seconds ago, or it could have been well over an hour ago, which means the guy who requested help could be long dead. You don’t know if he was trying to contact you directly, or if he was just trying to get help from anyone in the area. All you know is the chief of police sure as hell isn’t going to take dozing off as an excuse for letting another cop take the fall.

The whole neighborhood outside is dark and strangely quiet. When you look around, you can tell this street is familiar, but you don’t remember the name for some strange reason. You can’t help but think… usually Vermillion City is way more active than this. What the hell’s going on, and where is everyone?

Right now, the radio is quiet. You don’t remember why you were dispatched to this location either, and it’s there that you’ve realized some strange kind of amnesia has settled in. You remember only certain details, but the rest is a foggy pit of erased memories. How and why did it happen? You look at your badge, Officer Derek Harding. Okay, at least that sounds familiar. You check your belt, and the stuff is still there. You handcuffs, the 92FS Beretta, radio, two Pokéballs…

…Two Pokéballs. Wait, why the hell can’t you even remember what Pokémon you have? You try to remember, but you can’t, something just seems completely out of place every time you try to recall who they were.

You could go back to the station to try and sort things out, but how the hell would you explain what happened? Forget it, they would look at you like you were insane. You would uncover the truth, but at what cost? To you, it sounds like you’d be way better off if you tried to find something out on your own. But where would you start looking? Franklin Avenue? Did you really want to see the body of the dead cop that you left for dead?

And then, when you least suspect it, the radio crackles to life again.

“Officer Madden, in pursuit of suspect on foot, heading southbound on Carlson Avenue! His accomplice is heading toward Kingston Avenue in a gray van! I can’t chase them both!”

Carlson and Kingston. You know where both roads are, and they’re not far from here either. You may have screwed up, but this might be a chance to redeem yourself. You could either team up and help this Officer Madden guy, who you only vaguely remember, catch the guy on foot and get him for sure, but then you’d let the guy in the van get away. However, if you let Madden go for the runner alone while you go for the van, you both might end up empty handed if both of them get away.

You know you don’t have a whole lot of time to decide either...

-----------------------------
ON HAND

- Two Pokéballs, Pokémon unknown
- Handcuffs
- Police radio
- Beretta 92FS, 10/10 rounds

Old 03-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: [IA] The Day Dies With You

I'm gonna go for the random game: two pokeballs on the running criminal. :3
Old 03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

With time running out, you act quickly.

DECISION: Two Pokéballs on the running criminal

You figure Officer Madden is already putting his neck out chasing after the guy on Carlson. The last thing you want on your hands is another dead cop. Besides, when you catch this jackass, you know the interrogators had ways of making this punk talk. In time, you could catch the guy driving the van, and probably find out where he lived to get more evidence. But if you missed both of them, forget it, it would have been the end of you and your career.

You quickly drive out and head toward Carlson, lights flashing, sirens blaring. You grab the radio, and respond to Madden’s request for back up.

“10-4, I’m en route to your location,” You tell him as you drive through the Vermillion City traffic. “Hang on, I’m almost there.”

You continue driving, but you hear no response from Madden. Chances are good he’s still running after the guy and doesn’t have time to stop. As you turn on Carlson, you keep an eye out for any running cop or criminal trying to flee the scene. For a moment, there’s nothing, but then you see the guy, a bandana-wearing punk with a white tank top and blue jeans. He sees you and the car, but he doesn’t stop. At that moment, you reach for your two Pokéballs. You know you need this punk alive, so shooting at him isn’t going to work.

You get out of the car.

“Hey, where the hell do you think you’re going!?” You shout out to him.

After he shows no sign of stopping, you throw both Pokéballs into action. They hit the ground, and with a flash of light, both of those previously unknown Pokémon emerge from the light. Grovyle and Mienshao. Strangely enough, even when you see them, you don’t remember ever having them before.

Damn, how could I have forgotten this...?

They both look to you, making the connection that the fleeing criminal is the one you’re after, and they know you tend to rely on them to help you with the job, even though you’ve forgotten yourself. They immediately give chase, but they’re relying on your command of attack to decide how to bring the criminal punk down.

You’d better decide quickly...

ON HAND

- Two Pokéballs
Grovyle
Mienshao
- Handcuffs
- Police radio

Old 03-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

> Order both Pokemon to pin him down. Have Grovyle use Grasswhistle on the man if possible; if not, order the both of them to simply tackle the criminal to the ground.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

As you quickly break into a run to follow the guy in pursuit, you have a good idea of what you plan on doing.

DECISION: Order both Pokémon to pin him down. Have Grovyle use Grasswhistle on the man if possible; if not, order the both of them to simply tackle the criminal to the ground.

Grasswhistle. It could send the bastard crashing to the ground if it was pulled off correctly. As for the Mienshao, god, who cared, as long as he took the guy out.

“Grovyle, take him out with a Grasswhistle!” You shout out to him. “We need this maggot alive!”

The Grovyle acknowledges your command, but the criminal in the white tank top makes the hasty decision to barge his way through an apartment building door and start heading upstairs. You know that in order for your Grovyle to pull off a successful Grasswhistle, he’s going to need to get closer than this.

“Follow him, we can’t let that punk escape!” You shout out to them.

Both the Grovyle and the Mienshao charge in first after the criminal, but only seem to be evenly matched with the guy’s speed. As you run in after them, you see the guy charge up the stairway to the second floor, and take a left turn. You lose sight of him, and shortly after, as the Groyvle and the Mienshao pursue him also, you lose sight of them as well. You start to head up the stairway yourself, but all of a sudden, you notice another figure coming up from behind you.

You turn around, and see it’s another cop. Officer Madden, you suddenly remember his face. Right now, it doesn’t look like there’s any time, you quickly head up the stairway and he quickly follows you upward.

“My Grovyle and my Mienshao are in pursuit of the suspect,” you tell him as you both rush up the stairs. “They’re up ahead, hold your fire.”

Officer Madden doesn’t reply however, he seems to be too focused on trying to save his breath. Either that, or he didn’t hear you clearly. Regardless, you try to follow the same path the suspect took, taking a left turn as you head up the stairs. There’s no time to reiterate what you said, you simply decide to continue the pursuit.

You come across a hallway with multiple doorways, and you have no idea which one the suspect took. There’s an open door at the end of the hall, but then there are two doors off to the right side. You still hear the rushed footsteps of the pursuit, but there’s still no sign of either the criminal or your two Pokémon that were running after him just moments ago.

It’s a one out of three chance. Either the door at the end of the hall, the first door to the right, or the second door to the right.

You’d better hope luck is on your side.

ON HAND

- Two Pokéballs
Grovyle
Mienshao
- Handcuffs
- Police radio

Old 03-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

> When in doubt, pick the second-closest: the second door on the right.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-27-2011, 03:48 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

One out of three chance...

DECISION: When in doubt, pick the second-closest: the second door on the right.

You had a hunch the guy took the second door on the right.

“You take the door at the end of the hall, I’ll take the second door on the right,” You told Officer Madden.

Immediately, you rush to the second door on the right, and discover it’s someone’s apartment bedroom, but you don’t see the suspect. Quickly, you look out the window and realize the guy is running on the rooftop of the neighboring building. However, you don’t see either your Grovyle or the Mienshao. They must have taken a wrong turn. Unfortunately, there was no time to go looking for them, you needed to get this guy if you wanted to interrogate him for the cop killer’s location, if he wasn’t the cop killer himself.

You quickly climb out the open window and jump out onto the roof of the neighboring building. Right now, there’s no sign of Officer Madden either, but chances are good he headed in the wrong direction.

“You’re only making this worse for yourself!” You shout out to the suspect.

He doesn’t care though, he just keeps on running. You follow him across several rooftops, but eventually, he comes to the end, and he’s got no more roof left to run on as he’s reached the end of the block. Now you’ve got him.

You’re convinced the jackass doesn’t have any Pokémon on him, because he would have sent them out on you by now. However, he improvises, and jumps down onto the fire escape. You follow him, but he’s at least six seconds ahead. Working your way down, he eventually arrives on the ground, and starts running down the street again. You relentlessly pursue him, but you still can’t seem to catch up to him.

You’ve got to make a choice. Either try to shoot him in the leg, radio for backup and hope someone besides Officer Madden could help bag this guy, or keep chasing him. Making the shot may bring him to the ground, but if it doesn’t hit him, there’s a lesser chance you’ll be able to catch up to him. Meanwhile, there’s also a chance the shot could kill him if it hits a vital organ by accident. Radioing for help is also going to slow you down slightly, but right now it seems like you're the only hope of catching this guy. As for chasing him, so far it has been pretty useless, but you know he can’t run on forever.

You’d better make up your mind...

ON HAND

- Two Pokéballs
Grovyle (Missing)
Mienshao (Missing)
- Handcuffs
- Police radio

Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Throw a pokeball at the guy's groin using the awesome baseball pitcher skills you've learned in high school while using the radio to call for backup against the other criminal in the van.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Throw a pokeball at the guy's groin using the awesome baseball pitcher skills you've learned in high school while using the radio to call for backup against the other criminal in the van.
Ha ha, Pokeball, go! But really, he's running away, so you'd only be able to hit him in the butt. As for the guy in the van, he could be miles away from the last known location.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Take the shot. It's all you've got going for you right now.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Sorry, wasn’t neglecting this intentionally. Had a stupid exam. I think I’ll finish this up.

Making the move…

DECISION: Take the shot. It's all you've got going for you right now.

With your Pokémon nowhere in sight, you only have one real option now. Pulling out your 92FS, you give the criminal one last chance…

“Stop or I’ll shoot!” You shout at him.

But nothing happens, he still keeps on running. You take aim, intending to take out one of his legs. If you can pull this off, he won’t be able to run, and he’ll have to confess to everything. Confident your shot will hit, you squeeze the trigger, and the 92FS fires, coughing up fire at the end of the barrel as the bullet launches from the chamber…

…but the shot never hits. You fire again, and again, up to four more times, but the bullets never hit anything. With little option left, you decide running and pursuing the criminal is your only real chance, though already you’ve been on a losing streak.

You chase him down the familiar Franklin Avenue, but over time, he has gained distance, and eventually, he disappears from sight. By now, it’s too late, and the criminal has gotten away. Meanwhile, your Pokémon are missing, and you have no idea where they are now. Hopefully they’ll just find their way back to you. Hopefully.

Shortly after, you come across the crime scene, what you remembered was the shooting of an on-duty police officer on Franklin Avenue. Crime scene investigators have already surrounded the area, and have already begun taking evidence samples and taking photographs. Out of curiosity, you decide to see who exactly was shot and killed, trying to see if you would remember the cop’s face. No one seems to notice you there, so you walk up and approach the body, which is lying face down on the asphalt road in a pool of blood.

“Got everything?” One of the cops asks CSI. “Harding was a good man. I swear, I’ll make the bastards who did this pay.”

Harding…

It was then that they turned the body over to put it in a body bag. It was then that you saw the officer’s face, smeared with blood with the look of death all over his face.

It was your face.

"Officer down! Officer down on Franklin Avenue! Backup requested! Someone get their ass over here and help me, god dammit!"

You were the dead cop they were talking about. It was then that everything starting making sense. You suddenly realized why Officer Madden never acknowledged your radio call, why he never responded to you before running into the apartment. You realized why the criminal never even so much as acknowledged your existence, why your Pokémon only seemed to be illusions, and why your shots never hit anything.

You were a ghost… a ghost cop looking upon his own crime scene… chasing the one who had killed him, only to realize there was nothing he could do. Nothing but watch as his own killer ran away.

“We’ll bury his Pokémon besides him,” The cop told the CSI. “Once you’ve looked over everything, that is. Their bodies are over by the other end of the street. Poor bastards just couldn’t manage once their trainer went down, and those jackasses finished them off…”

The hour is late, and darkness is settling in. After that, you realize there’s nothing you can do. Nothing but simply pass on, hoping someone… someday… they’ll catch that bastard.

THE END
THE DAY DIES WITH YOU

Old 03-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Giratina Offline

Aww. I was so hoping this was going to tie in to TWEWY. XD Woot for first completed IA! (I should really write the reply to mine now... >>)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 03-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Aww. I was so hoping this was going to tie in to TWEWY. XD Woot for first completed IA! (I should really write the reply to mine now... >>)
That game was awesome, and yeah, it kind of inspired the title. :)

Old 04-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Wow. Same plot twist as TWENY. XD Yay! :3
Old 04-05-2011, 03:37 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Wow. Same plot twist as TWENY. XD Yay! :3
Just one of a thousand crazy plot twists in that game. I just went with my favorite one. XD